• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:50
CEST 23:50
KST 06:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5098 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1799

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1885 Next
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-23 11:16:48
November 23 2017 11:16 GMT
#35961
I dont know the Battlefront 2 system but generally I think EA games are super cheap because of the vault. I pay 25€ per year and can play a ton of games, more than I need actually. I think that offer does not get enough credit.
Off-season = best season
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
November 23 2017 13:13 GMT
#35962
On November 22 2017 08:00 Alaric wrote:
It's easier to stay up till 6-7 AM than to get up then though.


I drafted weirdly this time, BR control with 13 creatures (8 at the end of pack 1, including the B/R keepers) and 8+ removal pieces (Plank, Lightning Strike, 2x Vanquish, Contract Killing, Unfriendly Fire, 2x Cannonade, Dual Shot, some in the sideboard).
Then promptly lost 2 games in a row to River's Rebuke. What a card. D:


Hell no. Wake up around 7 every day. Staying up that late blows if you're not in your 20s.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-23 13:21:10
November 23 2017 13:20 GMT
#35963
I wake up around 6:30 every day. On the rare occasions I can sleep in, I can't get past 8 unless I'm sick.
Faeny
Profile Joined January 2015
647 Posts
November 24 2017 03:09 GMT
#35964
One other thing is when a computer decides a supposedly "random" outcome, it's very different from say, a physical object (dice, balls, cards, etc.) deciding a random outcome - how the fuck do you know it's even random or fair without examining the source code? With a closed source or server-side game, there can even be insidious forms of fake random outcomes, like giving good drops just often enough to entice a person to keep spending money while giving as much crap as possible. Giving more drops to streamers to make the game seem rewarding. Never giving the drop that someone really wants to whales who keep buying more.

There's a whole bunch of regulations around video lottery terminals and such. I honestly wouldn't mind if the same applied to in-game loot boxes that can be directly/indirectly purchased with money.
SKT hwaiting! RIP TL, TiP
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
November 24 2017 04:22 GMT
#35965
Loot boxes are an obvious trap imo. Always try to spend as little money on things, especially in a virtual setting.

Also, the phantomlord story is a good one to illustrate your point about tricking people (or I think that's how it kind of went).
Taxes are for Terrans
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 24 2017 05:58 GMT
#35966
Relevant article.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-24 06:33:33
November 24 2017 06:33 GMT
#35967
There's always the china model, where they force companies to publish the exact percentage chances of each reward, or something like that.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 24 2017 14:04 GMT
#35968
What headset to buy
used only Siberia V2 as far as I can remember. Any really similar designs that are reasonably cheap? Don't particularly care about either sound or mic quality as long as it's not terrible.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
November 24 2017 14:10 GMT
#35969
On November 24 2017 23:04 Scip wrote:
What headset to buy
used only Siberia V2 as far as I can remember. Any really similar designs that are reasonably cheap? Don't particularly care about either sound or mic quality as long as it's not terrible.

sennheiser 598 and an antlion modmic
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-24 14:25:08
November 24 2017 14:16 GMT
#35970
That's.. a bit much. I was looking for lets say 50-80$ headset

ohh shit siberia 200 is the same as v2, might just buy that. Although it breaks pretty quickly, so I'm not sure it's worth...
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 24 2017 17:27 GMT
#35971
The rule still holds that it's more cost-effective to buy a separate mic and headphones than a headset. With headsets you're always paying a premium on the combined hardware.
Moderator
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
November 24 2017 19:04 GMT
#35972
For me it was worth it though for two reasons. One, a headset is more portable than mic + headphones and uses fewer USB ports (it's nice to not always have to carry a hub around). Two, when I researched microphones separately I couldn't find any recommendations that I felt were solid... at least for any mics below $90. And anything $90+ was more than my budget for the headphones + mic combined.

So I ended up with a Siberia which I've had for a few years now and has been working fine, although it probably wouldn't carry the dulcet tones of Waves voice as well as his mic does.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 24 2017 21:35 GMT
#35973
Plz. The mic I use is some no name combination garbage I picked up at best buy, and before that it was something even cheaper.

If I ever could justify the use of a real mic like the one Asmo has for example I'd do that, but I don't use it enough or for any real good reason that it would make sense.
Man i do wish I could make good use of my voice these days though.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
November 24 2017 22:10 GMT
#35974
Get superlux hd681 headphones and zalman zm-mic1. Its so much better combo than any headset you can get for sub80$ its not even funny.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 24 2017 22:32 GMT
#35975
On November 25 2017 07:10 AlterKot wrote:
Get superlux hd681 headphones and zalman zm-mic1. Its so much better combo than any headset you can get for sub80$ its not even funny.

oh shit, those headphones look pretty much the same like siberia, thanks. Found a siberia 200 for 30 euros on a danish site though, but I'm not sure they ship into czech republic.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 25 2017 03:46 GMT
#35976
Car and probably computer and now watch to change soon, for some before the end of the year. RIP moneyz.
Granted I'd have a lot more if I hadn't spent a year jobless, and I have some more stored that I can't access now so its interest will lessen the blow, but I'd expected second-hand cars not to go as high as easily before I checked.

I could promise to make a short write-up then type 2 paragraphs about how I forcefully refused my obviously open GW seat and almost trainwrecked not having a second colour and feeding / enticing a switch to my right when it flowed back, seeing no cutlass all draft then 3 in a row pack 3, but instead I'll say this:
I beat merfolk by 1 life thanks to Captivating Crew when he'd have killed me at any point if he'd had a 4th land, and that was the only game he lost all night. 3x OwtW, 2x Merfolk Branchwalker, 3x Boon, Kumena's Speaker, etc.
Merfolk.

What with UW and BG being hard to get into, GW being both bland and super weak (and card quality not that high even when both colours are open, RIP) Ixalan's started to run really stale. Dunno if more or less than HOU at this point.
The fact that I was objectively wrong in retrospect to P3P1 Air Elemental over OwtW (even if it wasn't my 2nd elemental) doesn't help. Still hoping I'll get to draft UG at least once to round out the archetypes, but between there needing to be noone else in the archetype in the pod, and getting the signals early enough that you move in (and not mid-late pack 2 because pod simply didn't open much pack 1), that's hard if you're not willing to gamble hard (forcing won't work here).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-25 08:39:14
November 25 2017 08:38 GMT
#35977
On November 25 2017 04:04 phyvo wrote:
One, a headset is more portable than mic + headphones and uses fewer USB ports (it's nice to not always have to carry a hub around).

This implies that one or both of your peripherals is using neither Bluetooth nor the 3.5mm jack. The situation you describe could be avoided by using those instead of USB.
Moderator
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
November 25 2017 13:01 GMT
#35978
Hmm, that's a point.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
November 25 2017 15:01 GMT
#35979
On November 25 2017 07:10 AlterKot wrote:
Get superlux hd681 headphones and zalman zm-mic1. Its so much better combo than any headset you can get for sub80$ its not even funny.


I approve of this advice, I've had a couple superlux models myself 662b, 668b and the price/quality ratio is very good, they are durable too
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 25 2017 15:42 GMT
#35980
Some people on OfferUp and LetGo have no idea how to get a deal done. It's like... no, I won't drive 80 miles ove the course of 1.5/2 hours round trip to sell you something for $15.
Prev 1 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 128
SpeCial 85
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 166
firebathero 78
910 39
NaDa 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm43
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0152
PPMD57
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9663
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr93
Other Games
summit1g7042
Liquid`RaSZi5817
shahzam598
B2W.Neo210
JimRising 201
Pyrionflax178
KnowMe137
ArmadaUGS102
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream356
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 61
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Eskiya23 20
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1106
Other Games
• imaqtpie1199
• Shiphtur244
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.