• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:12
CEST 07:12
KST 14:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7676 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1773

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1885 Next
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-18 14:20:59
October 18 2017 14:20 GMT
#35441
On October 18 2017 23:00 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2017 10:51 Ketara wrote:
On October 17 2017 02:37 Requizen wrote:
Nerd life stuff

Speaking of not great games, I think 40k is going on the shelf for a while. The new edition seemed really good but after a few months of playing there's some serious balance issues that need to be resolved before I start going to competitive events for it again. It's great for casual play but really problematic when your social group is hyper competitive. Keeping my Necrons for the time being because I love my models but will probably not see the tabletop any time soon.

Warhammer Fantasy/Sigmar is quite fun right now, but the community growth is stalling a bit in my area, making it hard to find games to play other than the one huge event at Adepticon.

There's a new GW game coming out called Shadespire that's a blend between a deckbuilding game and a miniatures game, which I'm really excited about. Smaller games (both model-wise and time-wise) means it might be easier to build a community around, and it's designed around organized play sort of like FNM or things like that, so we'll see how that goes.

I've started to look into Infinity as another tabletop game. Seems to be much better balanced and the models are quite cool. There appear to be at least a few stores in the area that have regular groups and events, so maybe it'll scratch my minis game itch for a while.

I guess it would be pretty easy to get into MTG around here but I'm not really that interested in CCGs for whatever reason. The mechanics and community seem pretty solid, but I like the hobby side of modeling and pushing my dudes around a board much better.


If what you're looking for is balance, GW is not the place for you.

GW selling models is what's important. Game balance is very much secondary. Most of the time when a new army book or codex comes out that army will be a counter to the second most recent army release.

If you're interested in more balanced and competitive tabletop wargames, historical miniature games tend to be a lot better. There's a Chicago group that last I knew participated in tournaments. Should look into that.

You know, I've definitely heard that about historicals, but at the end of the day it's also about the hobby for me too and I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy more than historical models.

The balance in AoS is actually ok though. Only one really S-Tier army and even that has counters, very little in the game that you can't play because it's bad. 40k is just always gonna be kinda shitty though because the power level is so out of wack.

That's why I'm interested in Shadespire. It's designed to compete with X-Wing and those types of "built to be competitive" games, so I'm gonna get it and see how they do with that. Not holding my breath but I have higher hopes than I do for their main lines. And I've also heard that Infinity has really good internal balance. Gonna swing by a game store on Monday to play a demo game and check out the community.


Yeah I get that. I used to be real into Warhammer fantasy, then as I got older and poorer I moved from that to historical tabletop, and used all my old fantasy miniatures for D&D.

Then I decided even that was too much effort and moved to video games.

Now I don't even really play video games anymore.

What's wrong with me?!
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-18 14:41:38
October 18 2017 14:41 GMT
#35442
You're getting married and becoming a boring old person!

In other words, cooties.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
October 18 2017 14:56 GMT
#35443
Life and priorities are weird when they change. I'm happy I still play games as much as I do and it's a lot less than when I was younger.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
ruypture
Profile Joined May 2014
United States367 Posts
October 18 2017 15:06 GMT
#35444
I missed monday but have you guys ever listened to Royal Blood? they're an english rock duo, reminds me a lot of Muse, and their 2 albums are BUMPIN
어윤수|이신형|이재동|이승형
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 18 2017 15:39 GMT
#35445
On October 18 2017 18:15 TheYango wrote:
Now go play it again on L+.

Oh yeah, because randomly giving enemies Counter will be much more fun and interactive and it will give me options other than the Unholy Trinity of Nosferatu Sorcerers blitzing maps like it's nothing.
yeah... Maybe if you can come up with some interesting restrictions that would keep it a tactical challenge in later turns as well.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-18 17:42:41
October 18 2017 17:34 GMT
#35446
On October 19 2017 00:06 ruypture wrote:
I missed monday but have you guys ever listened to Royal Blood? they're an english rock duo, reminds me a lot of Muse, and their 2 albums are BUMPIN


I can definitely hear the Muse influence in the instrumentals, but I can't pinpoint what the vocals remind me of.

Either way, good call out, definitely like this.

edit - jk, hit some songs with falsetto vocals, definitely Matt Bellamy inspired
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 18 2017 17:40 GMT
#35447
They play them all the time on the radio here.

Also I downloaded league last night
I think I'm gonna play a game or two tonight

Somebody help
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 18 2017 17:41 GMT
#35448
Help my new coworker who sits next to me is a smoker

it smells terrible
It's your boy Guzma!
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 18 2017 17:52 GMT
#35449
Option 1: Talk to HR.
Option 2: Passive-aggressively line your cubicle wall with air fresheners.
Option 3: Lots of box fans.
Option 4: Convert to a religion that mandates burning incense all the time.
Option 5: Develop an automated Febreeze sprayer that douses your coworker every time they enter the area.
Option 6: Wait for the nuclear holocaust and take your vengeance.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
October 18 2017 17:53 GMT
#35450
I'm intrigued, why do you need to wait for the nuclear holocaust to take your vengeance?
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 18 2017 17:54 GMT
#35451
Option 7: Take up smoking, you'll hardly notice the smell.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 18 2017 17:59 GMT
#35452
On October 19 2017 02:53 phyvo wrote:
I'm intrigued, why do you need to wait for the nuclear holocaust to take your vengeance?


Requizen is an upstanding, law-abiding citizen. It would be uncivil to act in such a manner, at least before civilization collapses.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-18 20:25:40
October 18 2017 20:24 GMT
#35453
On October 19 2017 02:52 Seuss wrote:
Option 1: Talk to HR.
Option 2: Passive-aggressively line your cubicle wall with air fresheners.
Option 3: Lots of box fans.
Option 4: Convert to a religion that mandates burning incense all the time.
Option 5: Develop an automated Febreeze sprayer that douses your coworker every time they enter the area.
Option 6: Wait for the nuclear holocaust and take your vengeance.

Option 0: talk to the person, say they smell like old ashtray and they need to fix that.

Lots of people manage to smoke without being smelly.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 18 2017 20:26 GMT
#35454
I feel like that's a conversation that comes back to bite ya.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
October 18 2017 20:32 GMT
#35455
eh well maybe you don't have to be quite that rough. But taking something to HR that you haven't tried to fix yourself? meh.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 18 2017 20:50 GMT
#35456
Idk. I'd likely tell a story about me disliking the smell at another time then hope he got the subtle hint.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-18 21:25:31
October 18 2017 21:19 GMT
#35457
On October 19 2017 05:50 iCanada wrote:
Idk. I'd likely tell a story about me disliking the smell at another time then hope he got the subtle hint.

This is infinitely worse. Don't act like a passive aggressive middle aged woman. Just talk with this person....

Also that's not subtle at all.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 18 2017 21:30 GMT
#35458
On October 19 2017 06:19 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2017 05:50 iCanada wrote:
Idk. I'd likely tell a story about me disliking the smell at another time then hope he got the subtle hint.

This is infinitely worse. Don't act like a passive aggressive middle aged woman. Just talk with this person....



I dunno, I think it depends on the settings and the way you broach it. Ideally it comes up naturally at lunch or something and you just relay the story. For me I used to smoke so I find the smell very distracting. Usually say that any time it comes up ever. You say passive aggressive but it's more allowing them to recognize the preference before there is report and while building report.

If a round table discussion like that where smoking comes up Is unlikely due to culture or whatever I'd likely just talk to him myself and tell him i used to smoke so the smell bothers me now.

This is the way of least resistance and the way with least amount of damaged report.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
October 18 2017 21:30 GMT
#35459
On October 19 2017 02:52 Seuss wrote:
Option 1: Talk to HR.
Option 2: Passive-aggressively line your cubicle wall with air fresheners.
Option 3: Lots of box fans.
Option 4: Convert to a religion that mandates burning incense all the time.
Option 5: Develop an automated Febreeze sprayer that douses your coworker every time they enter the area.
Option 6: Wait for the nuclear holocaust and take your vengeance.



you forgot looping sections of the Steve Miller Band's "The Joker" on a boombox.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 18 2017 21:31 GMT
#35460
Yeah I dunno. He's new so maybe it won't keep up.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 213
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21096
Dewaltoss 139
Bale 36
ZergMaN 18
Noble 12
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g11924
JimRising 770
Sick158
Nina18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick990
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2142
League of Legends
• Lourlo1218
• Rush935
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 49m
Replay Cast
17h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.