• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:53
CEST 07:53
KST 14:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7942 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1775

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1885 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 20 2017 13:30 GMT
#35481
Yup :D
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 20 2017 13:50 GMT
#35482
Music Friday because this is really good



Also Bojack Horseman S3 fucked me up pretty badly.
It's your boy Guzma!
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
October 22 2017 19:23 GMT
#35483
So I just got both first and second place at a sealed tournament...
+ Show Spoiler +
it was a qualifier for something i dont care about (and dont have time for besides) so i scooped after 'winning' the finals and got the prize money for both placings
140€ not bad
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 22 2017 20:02 GMT
#35484
Do you mean that your opponent gave you the prize money so he got the qualification after you scooped, so you got it on top of your "legal" placement?

Did a 12-man pod (couldn't really split in 2x 6 due to skill levels all over the place) at a different place, was nice seeing different habits and stuff and facing new people for a change. Also I got to draft blue for once, some of the regulars at the club/shop have a huge hard-on for it so it's really limiting (before today, 4/9 times vampires, only once actually going for it from P1P1, a couple actually trying to dodge it).
... and then in finals I faced our usual winner, the other "outside" guy here with me since he's helping them get organised and stuff. C'mon let me see other people too :f
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-23 04:49:36
October 23 2017 02:49 GMT
#35485
WELL, MY NEW FUCKING SOLID STATE DRIVE JUST DIED AND I LOST EVERYTHING AGAIN

Edit: overreacted a little because I *probably didn't lose everything but I'm still really fucking pissed off. I have to figure out what I was smart enough to put on my HDD first. Maybe install windows to the HD temporarily just to see what's still there? I've had this drive for not even 6 months. Supposedly the controller is super fucking temperamental so can anyone recommend an SSD that won't shit out on me immediately?

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-23 05:27:39
October 23 2017 05:26 GMT
#35486
That sucks, man. =(

I'm on an SSD right now but I've had this computer for less than 6 months so I don't know if I can recommend the brand. In my pre-buy research I didn't find much of a difference brand-wise. The only thing I know for sure about SSD reliability is that you should not ghost from a HD to SSD because that can cause errors which lead to these crashes. If that's something you did then next time you should just do a fresh install of the OS and copy the backup files from the HD normally.

I've definitely gotten benefits from using file recovery software on a bad HD, but without recovery software I don't think you'll be able to pull anything from the SSD. Haven't tried it on a SSD but the programs I looked up said they worked on both. Overall it depends on your files but the money spent is probably worth it if you can afford it.

That's all my experience, wish I knew enough to be of more help.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 23 2017 06:54 GMT
#35487
No I did a fresh install last time and will this time.
I wanted to install W10 temporarily to my HDD but I guess I risk the data getting wiped so instead I'll try to backup my HDD using a reader (and hope to god THAT doesn't fuck up too, like my previous HDD) and fresh install W10 when I get my new SSD after unplugging the HD

I think given my luck lately I'm gonna start backing my shit up like every day
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-23 07:21:37
October 23 2017 07:17 GMT
#35488
Get a windows (or Linux) bootable USB. Use that to access the drives and see how much you can recover.


In Ketara news, remember how I was supposed to wear an outfit literally made out of bark at this reception that's basically shirtless?

Well I spent 500$ hiring a personal trainer to help me with making a fitness program so I don't look blobulous at the event. Been seeing him like 6 hours a week and he has me sore all over all the time.

Then after a week of this and after paying him the full amount, the inlaws decided to can the outfits because "renting them was too much effort."

It's just, all of my wtf right now.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 23 2017 07:43 GMT
#35489
On October 23 2017 16:17 Ketara wrote:
Get a windows (or Linux) bootable USB. Use that to access the drives and see how much you can recover.


In Ketara news, remember how I was supposed to wear an outfit literally made out of bark at this reception that's basically shirtless?

Well I spent 500$ hiring a personal trainer to help me with making a fitness program so I don't look blobulous at the event. Been seeing him like 6 hours a week and he has me sore all over all the time.

Then after a week of this and after paying him the full amount, the inlaws decided to can the outfits because "renting them was too much effort."

It's just, all of my wtf right now.

Can't access the SSD, it's deader than dead.
I have a boot disk, getting a USB is the same thing, it means installing windows on my hd to access the HD and I don't want to risk that without backing up.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-23 07:48:05
October 23 2017 07:44 GMT
#35490
No you can have it installed to the CD or USB itself, so that you are just accessing the drive via windows installed to the USB, not installing anything on the drive.

It's different than using an install disk.

But I do agree that backing up whatever you have as best you can as often as necessary is generally the best idea.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 23 2017 08:31 GMT
#35491
I have a few samsung 850 evo's and they've all lasted several years without any issues
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 23 2017 09:51 GMT
#35492
On October 23 2017 16:17 Ketara wrote:
It's just, all of my wtf right now.

You'll still look good in the end, so see it as a win for you!

I can't really comment about SSD stuff, I'm still on my 5 years old laptop that needs replacement (and no idea what I'll take, aside from probably another laptop).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 23 2017 11:34 GMT
#35493
On October 23 2017 17:31 killerdog wrote:
I have a few samsung 850 evo's and they've all lasted several years without any issues

Ooo, good reviews on this one.
Thanks for the recommendation.

If this drive cocks out on me, it'll be your fault, k?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
October 23 2017 13:51 GMT
#35494
On October 23 2017 16:17 Ketara wrote:
Get a windows (or Linux) bootable USB. Use that to access the drives and see how much you can recover.


In Ketara news, remember how I was supposed to wear an outfit literally made out of bark at this reception that's basically shirtless?

Well I spent 500$ hiring a personal trainer to help me with making a fitness program so I don't look blobulous at the event. Been seeing him like 6 hours a week and he has me sore all over all the time.

Then after a week of this and after paying him the full amount, the inlaws decided to can the outfits because "renting them was too much effort."

It's just, all of my wtf right now.


You are the last person I would've ever expected to drop money on a trainer given your views on video game expense, but I guess everyone derives value their own way.

That said at least you can just have some fun at your reception instead of worrying about appearances, blow off some stress before the big day.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 23 2017 14:29 GMT
#35495
Is that 500 for the year?!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 23 2017 14:54 GMT
#35496
Music Monday for all the Luna Lee fans

It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 23 2017 15:06 GMT
#35497
A classic:
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-23 18:12:35
October 23 2017 18:08 GMT
#35498
On October 23 2017 20:34 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2017 17:31 killerdog wrote:
I have a few samsung 850 evo's and they've all lasted several years without any issues

Ooo, good reviews on this one.
Thanks for the recommendation.

If this drive cocks out on me, it'll be your fault, k?


I have a Samsung 830 and it has lasted me since 2012 without any issues. Sooo, yeah. Samsung flash drives are pretty good. Feel free to blame me too. And I've had two mechanical drives fail on me in that time period. >_> Although I was able to recover them after wiping them and running a repair program.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
October 23 2017 18:32 GMT
#35499
Monday, god dammit

Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 23 2017 18:57 GMT
#35500
Just picked up a Samsung 960 and bought a goddamn direct replacement plan to go with it because fuck computers lately.

Now I get to go home later and hope my HDD is intact (and has more stuff on it than I expected).

Was almost going to shitlord on iris tomorrow but if all goes well I should be over watching already tonight

I hate Adulting. Wife has to get car fixed too and we have no idea what's wrong or how much it'll be....
Just fucking... Ugh
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 493
Larva 472
Leta 144
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 723
Other Games
summit1g7797
WinterStarcraft487
Mew2King77
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick888
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream175
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2269
League of Legends
• Rush1433
• Lourlo1136
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 8m
INu's Battles
6h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 8m
Replay Cast
17h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.