• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9041 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1771

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1885 Next
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 15:18:10
October 14 2017 15:14 GMT
#35401
On October 14 2017 23:30 TheYango wrote:
The game never hits the point where its "too much" for one unit thanks to some of the games' systems just kind of breaking down as the game goes on. The confluence of the fact that you can never get less than 8 kill XP from a battle, coupled with obscenely high stat caps and the fact that you could theoretically level infinitely with Second Seals means that the game never reaches the point where you need more than 1 unit.

Show nested quote +
Hell I think the first half is better than Radiant Dawn, and I think that game nailed a lot of stuff.

IDK if I would go that far, but Awakening early game definitely is underrated and I do enjoy it. Every time I go through the first half, I think to myself "why did I think this game was so bad?" Then I play a bit more and go "oh...right...". Lunatic early game plays quite well, but the game really just stops trying after a while.

You liked Shadow Dragon, right? I think I mentioned this before at some point, but New Mystery of the Emblem might be up your alley (JP-only sequel to Shadow Dragon, though the translation patch is quite good).

errr I streamed a bit of Shadow Dragon, but honestly found it really bland and boring. It probably wasnt helped by the fact that the only way to kill one of the first bosses was poke it with range weapons for about 25 minutes if I didnt want to risk losing a unit. Which ended up leveling up some of my characters a few times which felt a bit cheaty. meow.

I guess the main reason why Awakening early game feels so good is because instead of triggering individual units to go aggro, you trigger groups, and sometimes entire groups go to kill you right away. Which forces you to formulate an accurate strategy to survive. It doesn't really feel like that's the case in other fire emblem games.

Is Fates lategame in the same vein as Awakening? I really like the pair up system tbh.

I've been itching to play some Through the Ages on boardgamearena but I just hit 666 rating points and I'm too edgy to want to move away from there. Does anyone here play that game?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 14 2017 15:29 GMT
#35402
On October 15 2017 00:14 Scip wrote:
Is Fates lategame in the same vein as Awakening? I really like the pair up system tbh.

It's not, Fates fixes most of the systemic issues that Awakening has. That said, it depends which route you're talking about. Birthright is just an insanely easy game overall (Birthright Lunatic is about as hard as Sacred Stones Difficult). Revelation is just a hot mess in general with really gimmicky map design and unit balance that kind of forces you into using a very small number of units for most of the game. Conquest's gameplay is quite good though (personally one of my favorites in the series), and probably the only game that really utilizes pair-up and the other 3DS FE systems to it's full potential. It happens to have the worst story and writing of them by a long shot, which bothered a lot of people, but it's up to you how much issue you have with that.
Moderator
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 16:40:32
October 14 2017 16:27 GMT
#35403
I should stop trying to make sarcastic jokes on reddit and in other internet places, either people don't get it or to make sure people get it I try too hard, but I keep doing it anyways.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 14 2017 20:47 GMT
#35404
Honestly, I found Awakening so compelling partially because the characters (at least some of them) were really good. I mean Henry... holy fuck that guy's on fire :D. And the story is compelling enough it makes me want to finish the game, although at core it really is quite retarded. Ill give it a go though.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
October 14 2017 22:11 GMT
#35405
On October 14 2017 15:01 TheYango wrote:
For a newcomer to Civ, I would recommend starting with Civ 2 then moving to Civ 4.

Why over Civ V?
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 14 2017 23:21 GMT
#35406
On October 14 2017 17:05 WaveofShadow wrote:
Man you guys think too much in your games.
Me, ima play cuphead and mash some buttons.


stream plox
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 15 2017 00:23 GMT
#35407
I've been playing warhammer total war 2.

It's so expensive, but so good.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 15 2017 06:37 GMT
#35408
RWBY S5 started. Yang still best girl.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 15 2017 06:45 GMT
#35409
I'm so hyped for the 4way tie. LOL.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-15 06:55:44
October 15 2017 06:55 GMT
#35410
On October 15 2017 15:45 iCanada wrote:
I'm so hyped for the 4way tie. LOL.

Inb4 c9 loses so asmo warns you for "spoilers" :p

This second week has been so hype, all the meme prophecies being fulfilled
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 15 2017 06:58 GMT
#35411
Haha, I didn't realize this was the wrong thread.

But yeah the memes this week are real as hell. LOL.
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
October 16 2017 11:36 GMT
#35412
The sky is orange.
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 11:42:16
October 16 2017 11:40 GMT
#35413
On October 16 2017 20:36 Ansibled wrote:
The sky is orange.


its a hard life being almost hit by a hurricane right?
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 16 2017 12:11 GMT
#35414
Is this why the sky is kinda gray with dull tones here?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 16 2017 12:13 GMT
#35415
On October 16 2017 21:11 Alaric wrote:
Is this why the sky is kinda gray with dull tones here?

I thought that was just kind of the French movie styling.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 17:02:14
October 16 2017 16:58 GMT
#35416
On October 16 2017 20:36 Ansibled wrote:
The sky is orange.


Sand from the Sahara fucking up our countries. It's like living on Tatooine or with a permanent Sepia filter.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]


[image loading]


It's the end of times.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
October 16 2017 17:10 GMT
#35417
Nice pics.
Up here its been sunny and warm. A nice break from 4C and rain.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 16 2017 17:25 GMT
#35418
On October 14 2017 14:17 zer0das wrote:
It doesn't matter how much they add when the fundamental mechanics of the game are completely broken and they'd have to rework the whole thing. There hasn't been another Paradox game released in the past 5 years in such awful shape. You sound like you can't understand that Stellaris is a terrible game, and an even worse Paradox game. If you're going to dump your time into a time sink, you might as well play an actual game with good depth like Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, or Hearts of Iron 3 (or 4) instead of playing a literal piece of garbage. You also don't have to waste your time playing it until they take out their trash.


It's about as good CK2 was when I first started playing CK2. That said, if you aren't specifically looking for sci-fi then CK2 right now is by far the better game to get into.

For someone specifically looking for a sci-fi 4x Endless Space (original) is a better recommendation, or Alpha Centauri for a literal "Civ in Space". I haven't touched Endless Space 2's latest balance patches but from my review of the notes they didn't address the systemic issues that made me drop it in the first place (it's not a bad game, but it isn't as good as the original).

Having sunk 300+ hours into Stellaris I think I'm ready for a change of pace. Not sure for what yet.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 16 2017 17:37 GMT
#35419
Nerd life stuff

Speaking of not great games, I think 40k is going on the shelf for a while. The new edition seemed really good but after a few months of playing there's some serious balance issues that need to be resolved before I start going to competitive events for it again. It's great for casual play but really problematic when your social group is hyper competitive. Keeping my Necrons for the time being because I love my models but will probably not see the tabletop any time soon.

Warhammer Fantasy/Sigmar is quite fun right now, but the community growth is stalling a bit in my area, making it hard to find games to play other than the one huge event at Adepticon.

There's a new GW game coming out called Shadespire that's a blend between a deckbuilding game and a miniatures game, which I'm really excited about. Smaller games (both model-wise and time-wise) means it might be easier to build a community around, and it's designed around organized play sort of like FNM or things like that, so we'll see how that goes.

I've started to look into Infinity as another tabletop game. Seems to be much better balanced and the models are quite cool. There appear to be at least a few stores in the area that have regular groups and events, so maybe it'll scratch my minis game itch for a while.

I guess it would be pretty easy to get into MTG around here but I'm not really that interested in CCGs for whatever reason. The mechanics and community seem pretty solid, but I like the hobby side of modeling and pushing my dudes around a board much better.
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 16 2017 17:50 GMT
#35420
Played Chinatown for the first time recently. Really liking that game.
Prev 1 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 194
ProTech137
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 209
Dewaltoss 121
Bale 38
ZergMaN 25
Noble 12
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick225
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick864
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1190
• Rush1172
• Stunt199
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 2m
Replay Cast
17h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.