• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:45
CEST 08:45
KST 15:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9316 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1770

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1885 Next
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
October 14 2017 07:35 GMT
#35381
Just to make clear what im looking for, mario and rabbids wouldve been perfect but i dont have a switch. In retrospect maybe I should just play final fantasy tactics. Id try xkom but seems like theres a lot of upkeep/planning between missions that im not into.

But as for Civ, I'll probably be interested in prepared scenarios so sounds like civ4 wouldnt be perfect for me. Civ2/civ3 interface is pretty hard to approach if I remember correctly from when I tried it 10-15 years ago. So seems like 5 is right for me?
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 14 2017 07:48 GMT
#35382
On October 14 2017 16:35 AlterKot wrote:
Just to make clear what im looking for, mario and rabbids wouldve been perfect but i dont have a switch. In retrospect maybe I should just play final fantasy tactics. Id try xkom but seems like theres a lot of upkeep/planning between missions that im not into.

But as for Civ, I'll probably be interested in prepared scenarios so sounds like civ4 wouldnt be perfect for me. Civ2/civ3 interface is pretty hard to approach if I remember correctly from when I tried it 10-15 years ago. So seems like 5 is right for me?

You might want to look into Advance Wars and keep an eye on Wargroove early next year.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
October 14 2017 07:58 GMT
#35383
On October 14 2017 16:35 AlterKot wrote:
Just to make clear what im looking for, mario and rabbids wouldve been perfect but i dont have a switch. In retrospect maybe I should just play final fantasy tactics. Id try xkom but seems like theres a lot of upkeep/planning between missions that im not into.

But as for Civ, I'll probably be interested in prepared scenarios so sounds like civ4 wouldnt be perfect for me. Civ2/civ3 interface is pretty hard to approach if I remember correctly from when I tried it 10-15 years ago. So seems like 5 is right for me?


Is Banner saga too much story/conversation for you? because that'd be a good fit if not.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 14 2017 08:01 GMT
#35384
SEAT, Alaric.
Not sit.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 08:02:39
October 14 2017 08:02 GMT
#35385
On October 14 2017 16:48 Gahlo wrote:
You might want to look into Advance Wars and keep an eye on Wargroove early next year.

Agreed, this looks closer to what Alter is looking for.

With Civ, combat really plays second fiddle to overall management. If you think X-COM is too much management, Civ isn't what you want. It's really nothing like a Tactics game.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 14 2017 08:05 GMT
#35386
Man you guys think too much in your games.
Me, ima play cuphead and mash some buttons.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 14 2017 08:15 GMT
#35387
I've had massive fun playing Fire Emblem: Sims edition (awakening) where I marry my favourite characters together.
Playing it on Lunatic difficulty and my god, at times it feels more like Dynasty Warriors than a tactics game. Thank god for how overpowered Dark Mages are, otherwise I might have been stuck on quite a few levels lol.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 09:53:49
October 14 2017 09:47 GMT
#35388
On October 14 2017 16:35 AlterKot wrote:
Just to make clear what im looking for, mario and rabbids wouldve been perfect but i dont have a switch. In retrospect maybe I should just play final fantasy tactics. Id try xkom but seems like theres a lot of upkeep/planning between missions that im not into.

But as for Civ, I'll probably be interested in prepared scenarios so sounds like civ4 wouldnt be perfect for me. Civ2/civ3 interface is pretty hard to approach if I remember correctly from when I tried it 10-15 years ago. So seems like 5 is right for me?

XCOM 1 has less upkeep between missions, and is easier to play.
Civ 5 is also a decent choice.
I wouldn't recommend Paradox games, they take some time to learn, and after the learning you still might not like them anyway.

Edit: How about FTL? Or Total War games?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 14 2017 09:50 GMT
#35389
On October 14 2017 17:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
SEAT, Alaric.
Not sit.

How could you guys let me be wrong for so long?! D:

I'll go to bed smarter tonight.
Advance Wars has good "scenario" mode (it's just starting setup aside from the campaign tho, but the campaign's pretty good and decent difficulty) even though once you know them by heart they're actually a puzzle you solve with the same moves every time. Still keeps you busy for quite awhile before it comes to that!

And I don't think too much in my games, I'm drafting Ixalan atm.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
October 14 2017 10:07 GMT
#35390
Thanks for recommendations, Ill look into xcom 1, banner saga and fire emblem. I also completely forgot about advance wars, in retrospect this might be exactly what I want.

Also Civ was my first thought because from what I remember from playing civ4, the interface very much told me what I'm supposed to do each turn, end it's pretty simple at the beginning of the match and only ramps up later. But I'm looking into something that I can hop into and out of pretty much any second so I was scared that ammount of things you have to take into account later into the match would be too much for me.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 14 2017 10:10 GMT
#35391
On October 14 2017 17:15 Scip wrote:
It feels more like Dynasty Warriors than a tactics game. Thank god for how overpowered Dark Mages are

This sums up Awakening quite well.
Moderator
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 10:40:24
October 14 2017 10:25 GMT
#35392
Banner Saga has very obvious gameplay flaws that end up dripping over immersion and stuff, though. The "anyone can die" motto is more tied to seemingly-random events and choices offered than actual gameplay, and once you realise that the game will penalise you for trying to maintain one roleplaying aspect by stepping on the gameplay no matter what you do, it can get irritating.
It isn't a bad game at its core but the execution is annoying and flawed, replayability is close to none, and you can finish it in 6-7 hours.

The choices offered to you make sense and aren't shallow/dichotomic, and the graphics and animations are great, on the other hand. Basically the game's selling points are there (aside from some of them being exaggerated, namely the narrative ones), and the core gameplay is interesting, but the aspects around both weaken the whole thing.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 14 2017 10:41 GMT
#35393
On October 14 2017 19:10 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 17:15 Scip wrote:
It feels more like Dynasty Warriors than a tactics game. Thank god for how overpowered Dark Mages are

This sums up Awakening quite well.

Idk Im at chapter 20 and it felt like there was enough experience in the game to get just about 4-5 serviceable units. I didn't distribute my exp properly for this game, was more calibrated for Radiant Dawn sort of difficulty I guess, so I only have 3. Feels rough man.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 14 2017 11:56 GMT
#35394
On October 14 2017 19:41 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 19:10 TheYango wrote:
On October 14 2017 17:15 Scip wrote:
It feels more like Dynasty Warriors than a tactics game. Thank god for how overpowered Dark Mages are

This sums up Awakening quite well.

Idk Im at chapter 20 and it felt like there was enough experience in the game to get just about 4-5 serviceable units. I didn't distribute my exp properly for this game, was more calibrated for Radiant Dawn sort of difficulty I guess, so I only have 3. Feels rough man.

The game heavily promotes mindless routing with like 1-3 overpowered units, especially in the second half of the game. "4-5 serviceable units" is about where you'd expect to end up with only 1-2 doing most of the heavy lifting.
Moderator
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 14 2017 13:22 GMT
#35395
On October 14 2017 18:50 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 17:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
SEAT, Alaric.
Not sit.

How could you guys let me be wrong for so long?! D:

Because it was 3 paragraphs into a 10 paragraph magic post :p
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
October 14 2017 14:02 GMT
#35396
On October 14 2017 17:15 Scip wrote:
I've had massive fun playing Fire Emblem: Sims edition (awakening) where I marry my favourite characters together.
Playing it on Lunatic difficulty and my god, at times it feels more like Dynasty Warriors than a tactics game. Thank god for how overpowered Dark Mages are, otherwise I might have been stuck on quite a few levels lol.


I get what you're saying but for me Dynasty Warriors was always about mowing down huge armies of stupid AI opponents *easily*.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 14:07:48
October 14 2017 14:06 GMT
#35397
I could be mowing down armies easily by a single unit but I'm worried there might be like 12 more chapters that will require me to have a large amount of powerful units so I try to get more of them leveled up lol

it's a shame the level design and stuff is like this because I thought the first half of the game was fucking amazing in map design and how the game forced you to play. It was actually engaging and tense unlike all the GBA Fire Emblems. Hell I think the first half is better than Radiant Dawn, and I think that game nailed a lot of stuff.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-14 14:30:31
October 14 2017 14:30 GMT
#35398
The game never hits the point where its "too much" for one unit thanks to some of the games' systems just kind of breaking down as the game goes on. The confluence of the fact that you can never get less than 8 kill XP from a battle, coupled with obscenely high stat caps and the fact that you could theoretically level infinitely with Second Seals means that the game never reaches the point where you need more than 1 unit.

Hell I think the first half is better than Radiant Dawn, and I think that game nailed a lot of stuff.

IDK if I would go that far, but Awakening early game definitely is underrated and I do enjoy it. Every time I go through the first half, I think to myself "why did I think this game was so bad?" Then I play a bit more and go "oh...right...". Lunatic early game plays quite well, but the game really just stops trying after a while.

You liked Shadow Dragon, right? I think I mentioned this before at some point, but New Mystery of the Emblem might be up your alley (JP-only sequel to Shadow Dragon, though the translation patch is quite good).
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 14 2017 15:01 GMT
#35399
On October 14 2017 23:30 TheYango wrote:
The game never hits the point where its "too much" for one unit thanks to some of the games' systems just kind of breaking down as the game goes on. The confluence of the fact that you can never get less than 8 kill XP from a battle, coupled with obscenely high stat caps and the fact that you could theoretically level infinitely with Second Seals means that the game never reaches the point where you need more than 1 unit.

Show nested quote +
Hell I think the first half is better than Radiant Dawn, and I think that game nailed a lot of stuff.

IDK if I would go that far, but Awakening early game definitely is underrated and I do enjoy it. Every time I go through the first half, I think to myself "why did I think this game was so bad?" Then I play a bit more and go "oh...right...". Lunatic early game plays quite well, but the game really just stops trying after a while.

You liked Shadow Dragon, right? I think I mentioned this before at some point, but New Mystery of the Emblem might be up your alley (JP-only sequel to Shadow Dragon, though the translation patch is quite good).

Only three paragraphs about fire emblem?
Yango I am disappoint.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
October 14 2017 15:02 GMT
#35400
All this talk, and yet I've never actually finished any of the routes in Fates, should really do that...Plus Shadows
Steam: rook492
Prev 1 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 263
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 228
Dewaltoss 109
sSak 42
Bale 34
ZergMaN 18
Noble 16
NotJumperer 12
Icarus 7
yabsab 7
League of Legends
JimRising 650
Other Games
summit1g11098
Sick189
Nina90
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1155
• Lourlo1061
• Stunt558
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 15m
Replay Cast
16h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.