• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:40
CEST 00:40
KST 07:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8533 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1766

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1885 Next
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
October 09 2017 23:44 GMT
#35301


My contribution. Used this as my boss battle music for my one-shot (Final battle took place in basically a dungeon under an esteemed castle which was hiding horrific experiments and abominations). Was fitting, as this boss battle in Demon Soul's was creepy as shit.

Also, felt so good when the group said I was great for a first timer, and wouldn't mind me running a longer campaign.
Forever Young
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
October 10 2017 03:43 GMT
#35302
I'm changing my Music Monday.

Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 04:29:59
October 10 2017 04:27 GMT
#35303
Anyone watching brood war ASL? This song is pretty sick.



Also, the guy who does music selection for ASL has this online radio thing if you like his music selections. link.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 10 2017 05:01 GMT
#35304
On October 10 2017 13:27 phyvo wrote:
Anyone watching brood war ASL? This song is pretty sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4tXf3Ensw

Also, the guy who does music selection for ASL has this online radio thing if you like his music selections. link.

Korean producers are amazing at finding the best songs for epic 10s clips :o
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 10 2017 05:07 GMT
#35305
On October 10 2017 13:27 phyvo wrote:
Anyone watching brood war ASL? This song is pretty sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4tXf3Ensw

Also, the guy who does music selection for ASL has this online radio thing if you like his music selections. link.

Haven't checked on it since the Ro24. It's on my list of things to do.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 05:47:12
October 10 2017 05:46 GMT
#35306
I am just so hyped about it. My only problem has been that, from the start, I've wanted all the old masters to do really well because who knows when they're going to finally retire, join the army, and leave the pro scene forever. The thought of such legends leaving makes me sad, and some of the newer faces haven't really had enough time for me to really get attached to them. I'm also not that familiar with the SC2 pros but I'm glad we have them in the tournament.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 07:00:15
October 10 2017 06:55 GMT
#35307
On October 10 2017 14:46 phyvo wrote:
I am just so hyped about it. My only problem has been that, from the start, I've wanted all the old masters to do really well because who knows when they're going to finally retire, join the army, and leave the pro scene forever. The thought of such legends leaving makes me sad, and some of the newer faces haven't really had enough time for me to really get attached to them. I'm also not that familiar with the SC2 pros but I'm glad we have them in the tournament.

Plenty of old faces doing really well. It's more a case of the non-old masters being so few that they're storylines in and of themselves.

I guess we're avoiding spoilers here then but even at ro24 you can count the people who weren't relatively big names in pre-sc2 broodwar on one hand.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 10 2017 13:15 GMT
#35308
I've never wanted to quit a job as badly as I do right now.
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 10 2017 13:15 GMT
#35309
I think this is a new record.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 10 2017 14:45 GMT
#35310
Weren't you super happy about it last week still?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 10 2017 16:05 GMT
#35311
Not that I remember talking about.

I mean yes, the work is good. Love the technology and projects and all that. When I get to work at my desk, I'm very happy. And the company does good work, I feel fulfilled when I contribute. There's nothing wrong with that.

But this commute is making me want to die. 4 hours a day. I miss my wife and dog. I miss having hobbies. 20 hours a week on a train or walking and then occasionally push that longer because trains can be fucking unreliable.

Not to mention lately the stuff around the job has gotten really annoying.
"Why aren't you going to conferences or doing continued learning?" Because I just want to work 8 hours to keep food on the table and I have no aspirations of being Bill Gates or even Mark Zuckerberg. I just want to keep the lights on and have enough dosh to pamper my wife.
"You should try innovating more and taking a leadership role at the company." No thanks, I just want to be told what to do and then do it. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

And now this week we're holding a conference with a bunch of clients. 7am start time and then "entertaining clients" until 7pm. I leave my house at 5 am and don't get home til 9, all just so I can stand around unhappily while the business people schmooze up our clients. I just want to have home cooking and spend an hour in the company of my wife, but oh no we have to make our clients think that our developers loooove hanging out with strangers. For some reason.

I never wanted to be the guy that let his work destroy his personal life. But here I am. And it's killing me.
It's your boy Guzma!
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 16:25:31
October 10 2017 16:24 GMT
#35312
Talk with your boss and see if you can do your work from home one day a week, with conferencing software/remote desktop/ just doing your work from home.

Won't help with the other 16 hours. but it'll give you that much needed break and time to spend with your wife.

You'll maybe have to work a little harder the other 4 days to compensate, or you might be able to get even more stuff done on your own.

But it could help if they agree. even if they allow it on a probationary level if your work quality drops or something.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 10 2017 16:32 GMT
#35313
We've already agreed to try a work from home day per week starting next week but there's no guarantee it'll be a regular thing and still barely helps. I like this job but there are plenty of others out there that are 20-30 minutes from my house. It would be nice to have time for video games again.

I dunno. I feel like I can keep it up with just a constant low level of frustration, but honestly I feel like there'll be a breaking point and I will always choose my family and my mental health over a job.
It's your boy Guzma!
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 10 2017 16:48 GMT
#35314
This may sound stupid as hell; but have you considered a fancy car?

I used to loath my commute, but since getting my RX-8 it might be the best part of my day. I literally beam the whole way there. Some times I skip lunch to just drive around.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 10 2017 16:59 GMT
#35315
On October 11 2017 01:48 iCanada wrote:
This may sound stupid as hell; but have you considered a fancy car?

I used to loath my commute, but since getting my RX-8 it might be the best part of my day. I literally beam the whole way there. Some times I skip lunch to just drive around.

This is downtown Chicago. Driving here in the morning would take 2 and a half hours, most of which would be literally parked on I290.
It's your boy Guzma!
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 17:25:01
October 10 2017 17:24 GMT
#35316
On October 11 2017 01:32 Requizen wrote:
We've already agreed to try a work from home day per week starting next week but there's no guarantee it'll be a regular thing and still barely helps. I like this job but there are plenty of others out there that are 20-30 minutes from my house. It would be nice to have time for video games again.

I dunno. I feel like I can keep it up with just a constant low level of frustration, but honestly I feel like there'll be a breaking point and I will always choose my family and my mental health over a job.


It's not like breaking your family and mental health will actually help the people you work with anyways. Unless you're willing to move closer it sounds to me like you have the right idea, take a job closer to home even if it pays less.

I forget the exact statistics but I remember hearing many times that length of commute is a huge factor for your overall wellbeing. The only time I haven't minded long commutes is when it gets factored into my work hours because it's part of the job description.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 10 2017 17:26 GMT
#35317
Can you take a train or something to ameliorate things short term?
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
October 10 2017 17:26 GMT
#35318
Length of commute also is one of the larger factors for upward mobility in terms of wealth.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 10 2017 17:36 GMT
#35319
On October 11 2017 02:26 iCanada wrote:
Can you take a train or something to ameliorate things short term?

That's what I do. I drive ~20 minutes to the train station, take a train for an hour, walk 30+ minutes to the office, immediately go to morning meeting. There's actually no shorter solution.
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 10 2017 18:07 GMT
#35320
Technically there is a shorter solution (live in the city). It's just not a *better* solution.
Moderator
Prev 1 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 183
Nina 137
SteadfastSC 68
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 486
910 63
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm20
League of Legends
Doublelift1293
Super Smash Bros
PPMD67
Other Games
summit1g9253
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde51
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• musti20045 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21476
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur284
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
20m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 20m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 20m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.