• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6092 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1764

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1885 Next
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 06 2017 01:54 GMT
#35261
Does anybody know anything about credit cards?

I've got a very basic free one right now that I don't use often, but am considering getting a fancy travel centric one since I am traveling a lot these days. But shits confusing man.

Economics has never been my strongpoint.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-06 02:23:41
October 06 2017 02:05 GMT
#35262
On October 06 2017 10:48 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hostage taker is so good I'd consider splashing it in a RG deck

Cixah is saying the same thing, even tho the only fixing I saw all draft was an unknown shore (and Glacial Fortress).
Imo, if there's one card I was wrong not to pick regardless of the then state of the draft, it was the banner (I ended up running 9 dinos iirc, worst case it can make Knights 4/4s, and running out of gas was the deck's only legit issue (see how in my loss I was basically one more non-land draw away from winning despite my opponent digging so much and managing two topdecks to get there), and it didn't require somehow double splashing in a deck with a Burning Sun's Avatar).
We're talking about a format that looks more like Kaladesh than HOU's brain-fuckery of "ignoring your colours and just picking anything that looks good is not only viable but the best thing to do" too.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 06 2017 02:15 GMT
#35263
On October 06 2017 10:54 Ketara wrote:
Does anybody know anything about credit cards?

I've got a very basic free one right now that I don't use often, but am considering getting a fancy travel centric one since I am traveling a lot these days. But shits confusing man.

Economics has never been my strongpoint.


Well, at the end of the day if you don't keep a balance it doesn't matter much what you take.

In general you want low interest rate, low (or no) annual fees, and good rewards. I find cash back the best, but air miles or other reward points are ok too.

Otherwise, MasterCard provably the most universal, AMEX has God tier customer support. Visa somewhere inbetween.

Any specific questions?
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 06 2017 02:18 GMT
#35264
On October 06 2017 11:15 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2017 10:54 Ketara wrote:
Does anybody know anything about credit cards?

I've got a very basic free one right now that I don't use often, but am considering getting a fancy travel centric one since I am traveling a lot these days. But shits confusing man.

Economics has never been my strongpoint.


Well, at the end of the day if you don't keep a balance it doesn't matter much what you take.

In general you want low interest rate, low (or no) annual fees, and good rewards. I find cash back the best, but air miles or other reward points are ok too.

Otherwise, MasterCard provably the most universal, AMEX has God tier customer support. Visa somewhere inbetween.

Any specific questions?


I'm looking at this guy.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-sapphire-preferred

Spending 4k in the first 3 months would be really easy since we are moving back to USA in the next 3 months (depending on visa issues), but after that I'm trying to figure out if the rewards justify a 95$ per year fee, or if they DON'T justify it what the repercussions are for cancelling in a few years.

Also trying to find out if living overseas would impact any of it down the line.

I'm gonna call them too but wonder if you guys have any advice.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 06 2017 02:25 GMT
#35265
What kind of advantages do you expect from a travel one compared to your actual one? Credit cards are pretty popular here but for the vast majority of us it's just a very dry one, small fee, reasonable spending ceiling, and even though it says "credit" you don't really use it to get in debt either.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 06 2017 02:34 GMT
#35266
How much money you plan on spending annually traveling? Is 95 - (other fees) < (value of airmiles)?

Idk, I find cash back usually the best by far. I also think if you're going to spend 4k in 3 months think about say 1% cash back after 12 months is atleast 4 * 4k * 0.01 = $160. Can you beat that with airmiles?

I'd also say 95 bucks is a high fee, personally.

Other thing I'd say is I personally got a separate card from my visa as a youngin because every time I traveled most merchants didn't take visa. Not sure if that is still the case, maybe depends on countries?

I also would push for a lower interest card, even if you don't plan on carrying a balance. You never know is the way i look at it. Not hard to find people offering like 7 to 11%.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-06 02:42:56
October 06 2017 02:39 GMT
#35267
Other thing is, I'd avoid getting the card through the bank. You can get similar cards straight through the credit card company without the bank taking a cut.

You also skip some bureaucracy is you have issues. Which is good, CC companies have much better service than banks imo.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 06 2017 02:45 GMT
#35268
I mean, this year I very easily spent something like 10,000$ on travel.

But I'm not sure if that will continue in the near future.

Everybody takes visa, more or less.

Sounds like I need to research other cards though. HMMMM.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 06 2017 02:50 GMT
#35269
How many airmiles does that get you? And what did those airmiles get you?

How does it compare to a cool hundred bucks from cash back?

Idk, in general the differences are likely pretty small. If you shop around at all you should be ok.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 06 2017 02:59 GMT
#35270
Reading about it, cash back cards seem MUCH simpler. Gonna look into that likely.

The one I posted above doesn't have any foreign transaction fees though. Which is a big deal for me right now, but I guess won't be in a few months when we move back to USA.

So much fricking research.

http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 06 2017 03:52 GMT
#35271
Ugh...

Career - eSports - Sleep

I gotta pick two. But I want all three..... RIP
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 06 2017 04:13 GMT
#35272
On October 06 2017 12:52 iCanada wrote:
Ugh...

Career - eSports - Sleep

I gotta pick two. But I want all three..... RIP

Do what I do, don't have a career and hate yourself.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-06 04:34:54
October 06 2017 04:24 GMT
#35273
On October 06 2017 11:15 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2017 10:54 Ketara wrote:
Does anybody know anything about credit cards?

I've got a very basic free one right now that I don't use often, but am considering getting a fancy travel centric one since I am traveling a lot these days. But shits confusing man.

Economics has never been my strongpoint.


Well, at the end of the day if you don't keep a balance it doesn't matter much what you take.

In general you want low interest rate, low (or no) annual fees, and good rewards. I find cash back the best, but air miles or other reward points are ok too.

Otherwise, MasterCard provably the most universal, AMEX has God tier customer support. Visa somewhere inbetween.

Any specific questions?

For most of europe (at least western european countries i've been to) it's a little different.

Visa - Everywhere, ubiquitous card, generally no real bonuses or fees or anything. Just a way to use money you already have in the bank quickly and easily.

Mastercard - Accepted some places. Lots of smaller stores might not take them and most places charge a surcharge. Sometimes have decent bonus schemes, or prepaid cards or other meme stuff like that. Also u18's have mastercards in dk because they can't have visa's or something.

Amex - accepted absolutely nowhere, but I know few people who have one just for the rare few times places take them because their reimbursement/compensation schemes are crazy good. (It was always hilarious watching americans trying to pay with amex at restaurants in london, and refusing to accept that its not commonly accepted over there :p)

Some countries have national variations on a main card (in denmark you have a thing called dankort) but everywhere I've seen it's always just a pimped out visa with a few extra features.

No idea what it's like in asia though, probably completely different.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-06 04:38:11
October 06 2017 04:37 GMT
#35274
I've been having trouble in Divinity Original SIn 2. I repecced my party at the start of act 2, made it work for awhile, but the + Show Spoiler [boss name] +
Mordus
boss fight keeps kicking my butt. I'm not underleveled or particularly underequipped, but it's really hard for my scoundrel/knight/battlemage/wizard party to make any headway. But everything else on the map seems like it's a higher level than me at the moment. I'm not sure if I can go back and respec again, but even if I did I don't know if it would help.

+ Show Spoiler [more boss discussion] +
Maybe I just need to focus Mordus or something, but I'm having trouble keeping my own guys alive and the polys using atrophy, huntsmen applying cripple and knockdown, etc, are really annoying and cramping my style.


I'm only playing on classic difficulty so it makes me feel kinda bad.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 06 2017 05:19 GMT
#35275
Visa and Mastercard typically work everywhere in Asia.

Not too sure about others because that's all I have, but I've never had a problem with those two unless I happen to be somewhere so rural it actually doesn't have banks. This has happened to me before .
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
October 06 2017 08:14 GMT
#35276
You should ask this question on TL, there are a couple of credit card wizards there.
It might also maybe be worth to get different cards for inside and outside the US.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 06 2017 08:34 GMT
#35277
Isn't Worlds playing from China this year?

How the fuck can I only watch it in 360p when it's coming from next door.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 06 2017 10:03 GMT
#35278
I don't watch o/
Mainly because brother wakes me up early with phone, so I decide to sleep some more to compensate, and then noisy stuff keeps chaining so it takes almost 3 hours for me to finally sleep 30 minutes, geez.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-06 11:09:05
October 06 2017 10:44 GMT
#35279
If you cancel a credit card early and you don't have other credit lines, you're probably going to mess up your credit for a while because you have no credit history and building your credit up is somewhat dependent on:

1. Average time you've had each credit line
2. How many credit lines you have
3. The amount of total credit you have

(and a few other things like how many inquiries people have made about your credit history recently- so you'll get double whamied if you cancel and try to get a new card).

Pay off your credit card in full every month, or you're eating 10-25% interest (or more), which is stupid. If you pay it off, it is like any other form payment except the credit card company takes a tiny cut of each transaction (which the retailer generally eats).

Can't really speak about international usage of credit cards- I always used cash when I was out of the country. Also I would strongly advocate you get at least one credit card without any yearly fees before getting one that does, unless you're absolutely certain the rewards are worth it. Also, be sure to use your credit card at least once a month or they might cancel your card for inactivity (it generally has to be inactive for a really long while, but it is fairly annoying if this happens due to everything I listed above).
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 06 2017 10:58 GMT
#35280
On October 06 2017 11:59 Ketara wrote:
Reading about it, cash back cards seem MUCH simpler. Gonna look into that likely.

The one I posted above doesn't have any foreign transaction fees though. Which is a big deal for me right now, but I guess won't be in a few months when we move back to USA.

So much fricking research.


You may want a credit card anyway and just use it as if it's a cash transaction that you pay out every week since you've been abroad for awhile you may not have any credit score. Could turn out to be an issue if you want some credit in the next few years. Turns out not needing credit is somehow a bad thing when you want credit eventually. Really idiotic but it's how it is at times. May be different in US though since there's no real credit regulations anymore.
Prev 1 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft460
RuFF_SC2 213
ViBE101
Nina 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4973
GuemChi 1310
Terrorterran 90
910 73
Leta 39
NaDa 31
Bale 29
Counter-Strike
taco 523
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1251
Other Games
summit1g7829
JimRising 591
C9.Mang0296
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick751
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP108
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota213
League of Legends
• Lourlo942
• Stunt297
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
12h 20m
The PondCast
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.