• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7413 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1763

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1885 Next
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 05 2017 17:21 GMT
#35241
I dunno if anyone here cares about hockey...

But McDavid though. 41 km/h up the ice. Olympic 100m speed skating record is 44 km/h... and McDavid has slow hockey skates, 30 lbs of equipment and is stick handling

https://streamable.com/5ksxm

Wtf he's so fast.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 05 2017 17:26 GMT
#35242
LOL it's a no kill shelter what are we even discussing guys.
Thanks for telling us ahead of time in order to prevent the inevitable philosophical discussion it would otherwise spring, Req.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 05 2017 17:29 GMT
#35243
Seeing another hockey team in orange pisses me off.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 05 2017 17:30 GMT
#35244
I mean, even with a no-kill shelter there's no guarantee he will be put into a home (being in a kennel for a year or more is nearly as sad in my book) or that the home he gets will treat him as well as we do.

It's just an awkward situation. I feel like the atmosphere is getting happier but I worry that it's forced or won't last.
It's your boy Guzma!
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 05 2017 17:32 GMT
#35245
On October 06 2017 02:21 iCanada wrote:
I dunno if anyone here cares about hockey...

But McDavid though. 41 km/h up the ice. Olympic 100m speed skating record is 44 km/h... and McDavid has slow hockey skates, 30 lbs of equipment and is stick handling

https://streamable.com/5ksxm

Wtf he's so fast.

wtf

the puck was rolling on its side and shit
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
October 05 2017 17:54 GMT
#35246
On October 05 2017 23:59 Requizen wrote:
I feel that this may have gotten out of hand.

Anyway, the shelter is a no-kill so even if we returned him it would not be a death sentence.

Since our discussion, the wife has been more focused on solving dog problems rather than freaking out about them, so I think she's getting used to everything. Still seems to stress about the amount of responsibility but I think the initial shock has worn off.


hope it works out. Good that you're making an effort to make it work
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 05 2017 18:03 GMT
#35247
I mean McDavid is just... wow.


On October 06 2017 02:30 Requizen wrote:
I mean, even with a no-kill shelter there's no guarantee he will be put into a home (being in a kennel for a year or more is nearly as sad in my book) or that the home he gets will treat him as well as we do.

It's just an awkward situation. I feel like the atmosphere is getting happier but I worry that it's forced or won't last.


I think it's just an interesting discussion point about a hard thing that's not really taboo. Makes sense it blew up imo. Hopefully things work out with puppers.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
October 05 2017 18:30 GMT
#35248
the idea of sending a dog back to the shelter just breaks my heart
something about the false hope
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-05 18:40:25
October 05 2017 18:39 GMT
#35249
Then there's foster care. Not to diminish the sadness of dogs and cats being neglected.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
October 05 2017 18:55 GMT
#35250
nah cats are dicks man can basically survive on their own only like humans so they can be lazier
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 05 2017 19:02 GMT
#35251
depends on where you live, if your cat ventures into the forest too much it might get shot
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 05 2017 19:31 GMT
#35252
On October 06 2017 03:55 Slayer91 wrote:
nah cats are dicks man can basically survive on their own only like humans so they can be lazier

Cats are put in shelters to protect humans from them
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-05 19:49:35
October 05 2017 19:46 GMT
#35253
Relevant: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/kitty_hug

+ Show Spoiler +
Critique: FOUR AWFUL SECONDS LATER is redundant and undermines the last panel.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 05 2017 20:04 GMT
#35254
Scip is preparing to demonstrate his insane gaming skills

https://go.twitch.tv/scipaeus
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 05 2017 20:20 GMT
#35255
On October 06 2017 04:46 Seuss wrote:
Relevant: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/kitty_hug

+ Show Spoiler +
Critique: FOUR AWFUL SECONDS LATER is redundant and undermines the last panel.

My brain for some reason just saw that as a black screen.
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
October 05 2017 21:28 GMT
#35256
On October 06 2017 02:21 iCanada wrote:
I dunno if anyone here cares about hockey...

But McDavid though. 41 km/h up the ice. Olympic 100m speed skating record is 44 km/h... and McDavid has slow hockey skates, 30 lbs of equipment and is stick handling

https://streamable.com/5ksxm

Wtf he's so fast.


I'm happy he's in the West, unlike Crosby, so I don't have to hate him (Habs fan)
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 05 2017 22:11 GMT
#35257
On October 06 2017 06:28 Sunaj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2017 02:21 iCanada wrote:
I dunno if anyone here cares about hockey...

But McDavid though. 41 km/h up the ice. Olympic 100m speed skating record is 44 km/h... and McDavid has slow hockey skates, 30 lbs of equipment and is stick handling

https://streamable.com/5ksxm

Wtf he's so fast.


I'm happy he's in the West, unlike Crosby, so I don't have to hate him (Habs fan)


I'm so happy he's here, so i can see shit like breakaways from below the hash marks while cheering for my beloved oilers. And he's made us not futile but actually wicked good so that's nice. Feels good to not be the Chicago bears of the NHL. Lol.


Was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen live.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 05 2017 23:44 GMT
#35258
I was going to type "Tonight I gave away a Hostage Taker" but I figured that even with the capitalisation it'd make for an interesting sentence without the MTG context.
+ Show Spoiler +
Basically, P1P1 Burning Sun's Avatar, a bit later Tilonalli's Knight and Firecannon Blast, good I wanna be red... but it dries. GW looks most open by number of cards but I instinctively dislike that and I'd lose 3 great cards, so I pick a bit of both and think I'll figure it pack 2.
P2P2 I pass Vanquisher's Banner for another Firecannon Blast iirc. I hesitated, but so far I had only one dino, the Knight is meh without them, I wasn't sure yet if I'd get enough red and whether or not I'd end up tribal or pile of stuff. Obviously a mistake, but well, live and learn. Red is indeed cut a bunch, I still get playables including a Thrash of Raptors and one or two of the 6-drop with "enrage: bolt opponent" and I pick a couple other green cards.

Pack 3 I open Hostage Taker, figure it's time to tryhard, pick Ranging Raptors because my curve so far is a fuckton of 2-drops but few 3~4 ones, then 6-drops (over a Knight and Otepec Huntmaster). Then I get passed a pack missing a common, with Rampaging Ferocidon, Raging Swordtooth, another Firecannon Blast, and yet another red card. Well at least I know I won't fight my neighbour.
In the pack I end up with the unco 1/1 with "enrage = token", a P2P5 Ferocidon #2, I wheel my 3rd Tolinalli's Knight, and a couple sideboard cards. I'm set. Aside from these red cards pack 3 more or less looked like "merfolk central" with multiple cards per booster till the wheel.

Deck is ridiculously stable:
3x Tilonalli's Knight, 2x Nest Robber, 2x Ferocidon, 2x "enrage bolt" 6-drops, Red Avatar, 2x Firecannon Blast, 2x Crash the Ramparts, Unfriendly Fire, Thrash of Raptors, a Swashbuckling to help make my 2-drops more relevant later and some more creatures.

Match 1 vs BW vampires
Know what breaks token decks? Tilonalli's Knight into Rampaging Ferocidon, keep the Ferocidon back (till I draw the other one). Highlight: "shit I can't even attack anymore" (my opponent after playing Mavren at a low life total). Game ends up somewhat close because I ended up with 4 green cards in hand and no forests till the last turn (for the lethal Crash).
Game 2 is a one-sided trashing despite me playing Ranging Raptors over Ferocidon t3 to bait tricks/removal. queen's commission is much worse with Ferocidon in play.

Match 2 vs UB pirates
Game 1 is a trashing too, Ferocidon's mainly a 3/3 menace for 3 here but that's plenty enough, and his creatures can't handle the Knights without double blocks, or avoid the Crash 2-for-1.
Game 2 I don't quite run as hot, mainly because a 2/3 Lookout stops my non-knight 2-drops, and when he drops a Vanquisher's Banner even the Knights can't go through and I don't draw any removal or trick. He's at 8 or something at that point, though.
He then proceeds to play Wanted Scoundrels and another Lookout, drawing him effectively 3 bonus cards (explored a land), and I keep not drawing the lands for my 6-drops that'd essentially kill him. When I do, I swing with everything, drop him to 4 and losing a couple creatures, then slam the dino and a green Keeper using the 2 treasures from the scoundrels. He chains an exploration (leave Chart the Course) into an attack, play another pirate to draw then cast Chart a Course, and plays the UR looter and passes. Damn. He's afraid of tricks so I force him to trade valuable creatures with 6-drop and he goes to 1, then I play the other.
He untaps, topdecks March of the Drowned, get back the "frost lynx" merfolk to stall the now-lethal 6-drop and hits a bit in the air. For his next turn, he untaps, topdecks the second banner, plays it and the Charging Monstrosaur I knew he had in hand, and alpha strikes since he's dead next turn.
Because of the 2nd Banner adding a bunch of damage, because Monstrosaur has trample, because I'm missing just one blocker to live on 2, I lose. I'm not salty because he saw so much of his deck and all game long I expected a bounce to blow me out (since he's in blue), but literally all that combination, with him tapped out and empty-handed, and after the topdecks to stall then lethal, are the only reason I didn't won that one. Oh well, can't get them all...
... 'cept, you know, I passed him the 2nd banner.
Game 3 I mull on the play, and run out of gas while he has Wanted Scoundrels in starting hand for the 3rd game in a row, he gets March of the Drowned to make sure he's got blockers after I force bad trades for him. He also gets to kill 2 of my creatures with Chupacabra and chaining explore creatures together (fuck me). Despite that he's at 4 when the game ends, and has a banner but only small flyers. Unfriendly Fire would have won the game, the 6-drops stopped him from attacking on the ground and bought a couple turns, Burning Sun's Avatar killed the Scoundrels and then the flyers wouldn't even win a double-block with it (and he'd be on 1), a trick for my last creature would have worked too. I had outs but drew 3 lands, crap.

Match 3 vs UB something
Knight -> dino and he's "stuck" at 4 lands (he uses quartermaster to fetch the pseudo-gilded lotus dagger, auras, 2/5 merfolks), this time I get Unfriendly Fire to finish him after heavy flooding threatens to run me out of gas.
Game 2 he doesn't play a 2-drop or 3-drop, and I go Knight -> Nest Robber, hitting him for 5 turn 3 and just grumbles and scoops. That was the only game I drew the Avatar and I didn't even get to cast it, blegh.

I believe I had the strongest deck tonight, and way stronger than average (2x Ferocidon is absurd, and 3 Knights with a 4th opened at the table is statistically stupidly unlikely) so it's probably one of the better decks I'll play in this format, consistency (even with average cards and not great ones like the Knight) is something people undervalue too much.
But I passed the Banner, and it was drafted by an opponent, and topdecked. Shit happens. Even with that I believe long-term I'd win more games because he expected to be aggressive but my attackers were always bigger than anything non-Scoundrels so without that+March I'd actually make him chump most of the time, not even trade, and I'd be more likely to draw a bomb than him both Banners.

The other table (club head did a bit of publicity to get the new members to try it out, so we had enough people to also make a newcomer pod which is great) opened pseudo-Cradle, 2x Hostage Taker, lands, and some cards that aren't worth a lot but still future standard playables, we got the Ferocidon, Hostage Taker, Deathgorge Scavenger, a land and that was all, RIP.

The format looks really straight-forward, what with so many colours having tempo tools, and the lack of actual control finishers aside from the bigger dinos (U doesn't even have a River Serpent of equivalent).
I'm going to value tricks very high here I think, with the scarcity of good/great removal and the fact that in a bunch of colours even 2-3 drops are legit threats, using that to leverage races, blow people out or protect your good creatures is going to be key.

Siren Lookout looks to be a pretty annoying card. Not in terms of whether it's good or not, but I've only had it a 2/3 once during my pre-releases, and it's a very good body (2/3 flyer for 3) when it hits a non-land, but mostly ignorable otherwise. Since the gap is so wide, having yours hit a land you don't need and your opponent get a better Wind Drake is probably gonna lead to some variance feels bad
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
October 06 2017 01:21 GMT
#35259
On a different subject we just talked about recently, Netflix upping their subscription prices right on cue. It's totally expected as I mentioned in the post when we talked about cord cutting, and since I think their original content is the best in the business including HBO I'll continue to sub, it's going to put pressure on all these separate services.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 06 2017 01:48 GMT
#35260
Hostage taker is so good I'd consider splashing it in a RG deck
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft477
RuFF_SC2 208
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2990
GuemChi 912
Leta 126
Terrorterran 81
Bale 42
NaDa 33
Noble 11
Snow 6
Dota 2
febbydoto9
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Mew2King59
Other Games
summit1g7419
C9.Mang0281
ViBE92
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• Pr0nogo 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1152
• Stunt314
Other Games
• Shiphtur535
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 38m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.