• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:25
CEST 18:25
KST 01:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8942 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1759

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1885 Next
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
October 03 2017 16:45 GMT
#35161
I agree with giving him a longer trial period. Nothing you mentioned the dog does sounds unreasonable at all.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 03 2017 16:47 GMT
#35162
On October 04 2017 01:45 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I agree with giving him a longer trial period. Nothing you mentioned the dog does sounds unreasonable at all.

It's not unreasonable for a dog, at least.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 03 2017 16:51 GMT
#35163
On October 04 2017 01:45 iCanada wrote:
Would it be possible to take a few weeks off for you to get puppers settled in?

Puppers will be much less work once routine is down and rules are known.

Not really. We've already taken lots of PTO for the Honeymoon. Though I think if I can start to get some WFH days it might help.

On October 04 2017 01:43 Scip wrote:
It might be difficult to relate to for people who like animals, but some people just hate them on a really deep level, that's difficult to anticipate if they haven't had prior experience with them. I am one of such people. It is possible your wife is one as well. So yes, it would be accurate to say it is her problem, but I am not sure it's a problem you want to solve by fixing her.

Or maybe she's just not used to it yet and just needs to adjust. Can't tell from here/

Honestly you're right. I know plenty of people like that. But I dunno - when he's being good, she's happy, and when we visit other dogs, she loves them. I think just the added responsibility is weighing on her.

On October 04 2017 01:45 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I agree with giving him a longer trial period. Nothing you mentioned the dog does sounds unreasonable at all.


Yeah I agree. We're going to finish out the month and see where everything stands. A week isn't nearly enough time to make a decision.
It's your boy Guzma!
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-03 16:55:27
October 03 2017 16:53 GMT
#35164
As someone who has never particularly wanted to live with animals, I think you're probably going to have to return the dog. I can tolerate animals, and it doesn't really stress me out. So I doubt an extra week will do much but make your wife miserable. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Edit: O NM. I guess if she's okay with the longer period. Sure didn't sound like it.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 03 2017 17:02 GMT
#35165
On October 04 2017 01:53 zer0das wrote:
As someone who has never particularly wanted to live with animals, I think you're probably going to have to return the dog. I can tolerate animals, and it doesn't really stress me out. So I doubt an extra week will do much but make your wife miserable. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Edit: O NM. I guess if she's okay with the longer period. Sure didn't sound like it.

I dunno if she will be or not. She says she's willing to put the time in but who knows if it'll get better.

The whole thing just sucks. It feels horrible even thinking about putting a dog back in the shelter after rescuing it.
It's your boy Guzma!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 03 2017 17:04 GMT
#35166
Puppies are def the most exhausting phase of dog ownership.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 03 2017 17:05 GMT
#35167
On October 04 2017 02:04 Numy wrote:
Puppies are def the most exhausting phase of dog ownership.

He isn't, he's around 5. But considering he's a rescue we essentially have to train him in a lot of things. He's well housebroken and stuff tho, so that's at least good.
It's your boy Guzma!
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 03 2017 17:07 GMT
#35168
I guess the thing is does she legit like the dog ever, or is it just annoying to her?

Everyone gets annoyed with their pets once and awhile. Sometimes I was real annoyed with my dog, but I also otherwise just loved her and having her around just made my day better so i could look past all the extra bs I had to deal with.

Does she like cuddling dog? Does dog like cuddling her?
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-03 17:14:03
October 03 2017 17:12 GMT
#35169
My partner had a lot of similar trouble not stressing about our dog when we first got him. She still has some problems, but much less. It's been three years now though.

The biggest things that helped her and pupper calm down was time (growing up a bit), and a course at a dogtrainers with other persons who had similar problems.
This is what I recommend. I'm sure you can find a reputable +only trainer in your area (since he's a needy rescue I'd skip +/-).
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 03 2017 17:37 GMT
#35170
This is why I like cats. You don't have to walk cats, and can clean their litter boxes on your own schedule (as long as you do it regularly). They're pretty low maintenance, and the best ones are happy just sitting in your lap taking a nap.

Kittens require attention though. Thor and Freya keep finding new and interesting ways to get into trouble.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 03 2017 17:44 GMT
#35171
On October 04 2017 02:37 Seuss wrote:
This is why I like cats. You don't have to walk cats, and can clean their litter boxes on your own schedule (as long as you do it regularly). They're pretty low maintenance, and the best ones are happy just sitting in your lap taking a nap.

Kittens require attention though. Thor and Freya keep finding new and interesting ways to get into trouble.

The problem with cats is that they're cats though.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 03 2017 17:47 GMT
#35172
Gahlo makes irrefutable arguments.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 03 2017 17:49 GMT
#35173
On October 04 2017 02:44 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2017 02:37 Seuss wrote:
This is why I like cats. You don't have to walk cats, and can clean their litter boxes on your own schedule (as long as you do it regularly). They're pretty low maintenance, and the best ones are happy just sitting in your lap taking a nap.

Kittens require attention though. Thor and Freya keep finding new and interesting ways to get into trouble.

The problem with cats is that they're cats though.


That's like saying the problem with ice cream is it's ice cream.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 03 2017 17:57 GMT
#35174
I'd say she's like 80% stress/dislike and 20% like.

We probably would have got a cat if she wasn't allergic and if I didn't have expensive things sitting on all my ledges.
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 03 2017 19:05 GMT
#35175
If you're thinking about having kids stick it out
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-03 19:09:06
October 03 2017 19:06 GMT
#35176
I'm stating the obvious I guess, but that doesn't sound like a very promising ratio. If I told someone I was 80%/20% on bad/good dog feeling that'd probably mean that I just couldn't do it. You can definitely love animals but just not be willing or prepared to do the work involved in taking care of them or deal with living with them.

If you are forced to return the dog though you could always try starting smaller next time. I'm ok with taking care of animals but that's at least because we grew up with small pets in the house and my responsibilities gradually increased over time, maybe your wife would like a smaller pet that's easier to handle. Maybe a fish tank? A parakeet? Or a rabbit? Depends on you guys but it doesn't have to be dog or nothing. If you decide to get a different pet be sure to ask your wife what parts of keeping the dog were stressful for her and why so that you can gauge what exactly the two of you are safely ready to deal with.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 03 2017 19:16 GMT
#35177
On October 04 2017 04:05 mordek wrote:
If you're thinking about having kids stick it out


Yeah, dog is like a quarter the work with similar emotional payout to a kid in first 6 months as a kid is for first 3 or 4 years.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-03 19:20:58
October 03 2017 19:20 GMT
#35178
On October 04 2017 04:16 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2017 04:05 mordek wrote:
If you're thinking about having kids stick it out


Yeah, dog is like a quarter the work with similar emotional payout to a kid in first 6 months as a kid is for first 3 or 4 years.

LOL similar emotional payoff
gtfo of here man lmao
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 03 2017 19:26 GMT
#35179
I don't know about the payout but its a great way to be exposed to the change in responsibilities. Actually scratch that, I know about the payout and its not close
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 03 2017 19:40 GMT
#35180
If your getting a first dog, especially with people who aren't used to dogs, why get a shetler?

Much much easier to train/deal with a puppy, plus it's cuter and will end up much closer to you, than dealing with a fully grown dog who by the sounds of it isn't even properly house trained?
Prev 1 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM468
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 468
TKL 208
ByuN 141
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 105
UpATreeSC 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32149
Calm 3227
Shuttle 2718
Jaedong 1228
Mini 784
EffOrt 615
Horang2 531
Soma 503
ZerO 252
Rush 242
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 226
Snow 170
firebathero 112
910 87
hero 83
Zeus 75
Mong 72
Mind 72
Shine 46
Hyun 38
Free 35
sorry 33
Sharp 31
ToSsGirL 26
Yoon 25
PianO 23
Killer 21
JYJ 20
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 19
Trap 19
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Rock 11
Sexy 11
Hm[arnc] 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5876
Dendi1381
League of Legends
KnowMe26
Counter-Strike
fl0m4081
x6flipin398
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
ChuDatz39
Other Games
singsing2043
Liquid`RaSZi1334
hiko719
ceh9405
Beastyqt390
Khaldor297
crisheroes283
dupreeh257
Livibee209
420jenkins202
C9.Mang0135
QueenE117
Trikslyr91
Dewaltoss64
IndyStarCraft 53
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH279
• Hinosc 14
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3669
• WagamamaTV477
League of Legends
• Nemesis2010
• TFBlade212
Other Games
• Shiphtur789
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 35m
INu's Battles
18h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 35m
OSC
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.