• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:25
CEST 02:25
KST 09:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8734 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1758

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1885 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 02 2017 15:13 GMT
#35141
On October 03 2017 00:01 Gahlo wrote:
Back to running again. =D

Did somebody say running?
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 02 2017 15:19 GMT
#35142
On October 03 2017 00:13 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2017 00:01 Gahlo wrote:
Back to running again. =D

Did somebody say running?

Best girl, don't @ me.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 02 2017 15:31 GMT
#35143
Music monday
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 02 2017 15:33 GMT
#35144
On October 03 2017 00:19 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2017 00:13 Requizen wrote:
On October 03 2017 00:01 Gahlo wrote:
Back to running again. =D

Did somebody say running?

Best girl, don't @ me.

Tea > Running
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 02 2017 15:55 GMT
#35145
On October 03 2017 00:33 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2017 00:19 Gahlo wrote:
On October 03 2017 00:13 Requizen wrote:
On October 03 2017 00:01 Gahlo wrote:
Back to running again. =D

Did somebody say running?

Best girl, don't @ me.

Tea > Running

The fuck did I just say?

Besides, you can't talk, captain 3d.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-02 20:16:55
October 02 2017 16:23 GMT
#35146
Music Monday




Take a minute to admire my game. Not so humble brag.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


^_^
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 02 2017 20:16 GMT
#35147
We should do more of those mtg online pre-release practices at some point

I remember those being pretty fun :p
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
October 02 2017 20:32 GMT
#35148
i have two sealed tournaments coming up end of october and actual time to go to them (wut), so if anyone wants to do ye ole after-release sealed...
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 02 2017 20:49 GMT
#35149
I mean I'm probably up for games on Xmage, not going to spend money on MtGOnline though. I'm not very knowledgeable about the metagame, but you know, Scip is good at games n shit.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 02 2017 20:54 GMT
#35150
Man, last day of vacation.

I don't wanna go hooome .

Japan has been awesome. Y'all should go. I want to live here.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 02 2017 21:18 GMT
#35151
Is that actual sealed event, or the team sealed ones that are popping up? I know there's one somewhere in France in november and 2-3 teams are forming at my LGS.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
October 02 2017 21:20 GMT
#35152
nah actual sealed one is a local thing the other is a pptq
A backwards poet writes inverse.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 03 2017 02:21 GMT
#35153
Yeah I'm always up for playing mtg with friends.
Give me a time/date?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-03 13:29:24
October 03 2017 03:09 GMT
#35154
On October 03 2017 05:49 Scip wrote:
I mean I'm probably up for games on Xmage, not going to spend money on MtGOnline though. I'm not very knowledgeable about the metagame, but you know, Scip is good at games n shit.

Yeah ofc xmage :p

Those sealed drafts we did were some fun evenings.

On October 03 2017 11:21 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yeah I'm always up for playing mtg with friends.
Give me a time/date?

I think most euros are degenerate enough to be online pretty much whenever
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 03 2017 13:52 GMT
#35155
On October 03 2017 00:13 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2017 00:01 Gahlo wrote:
Back to running again. =D

Did somebody say running?

10/10 post

Also best girl is Shizune you guys are high
Writer@WriterYamato
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 03 2017 14:06 GMT
#35156
On October 03 2017 22:52 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2017 00:13 Requizen wrote:
On October 03 2017 00:01 Gahlo wrote:
Back to running again. =D

Did somebody say running?

10/10 post

Also best girl is Shizune you guys are high

When somebody says Shizune is best girl, you know they need to stop talking.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 03 2017 16:29 GMT
#35157
Bluh

+ Show Spoiler [rant] +
So my wife doesn't want our dog anymore.

I've always wanted a dog. Never got one myself because my old place wouldn't allow it. Otter never wanted one (didn't want responsibility and mess) but in the last few months suddenly flipped. Maybe she was lonely because my hours are so long, or maybe she'd just looked at too many picture of cute dogs on the internet. But for whatever reason since like July she's been talking about how it might be nice to get a dog, how she could train it and dress it up etc.

I told her I wouldn't get one without her being 100% on board, that it was her choice. She did her research, we talked a lot about it, came around to the type of dog we would want and how we would take care of it, how to manage the responsibilities, etc. When we were visiting shelters, she was so excited. When we picked up Ringo, she was extremely happy and was going on and on about things to buy, plans for the future, and so on.

The very next day I came home from work and she was basically in tears because she was so tired of him. And I admit, he's a very needy dog - we're pretty sure he was abandoned and homeless for a while before being brought to the shelter, which probably adds to it - he's always underfoot, looking for pats, jumping into laps, and whining when gated off or crated. But in my mind that's normal stuff, having had dogs before and helping train them. But Otter is having serious trouble handling it. She's irritated that her schedule isn't as open as it was before, that she can't just sit around alone, and that the dog won't obey her implicitly. He's also a bit nippy when he wants to play, which is cute but can be annoying.

I'm not perturbed. We've had him only a week and he's already adjusting, I knew it was going to take at least a month or more to get used to the new house and life. But the wife is just... taking it badly. She told me the other day she's considering just giving him back to the shelter because she's starting to hate him and he's bringing her much more stress than she's had before we got him.

I honestly just don't know what to do. I think things are going fine. He's had a few accidents, but only when he got really excited or when we messed up his bathroom schedule. He's good about his crate, he's not aggressive, and if you're firm with him he'll stop what he's doing at least for a while. Regular dog things. But it's clear that my Otter is just extremely stressed and unhappy.

I don't want to give him back. Firstly because I quite like him, but also because I just don't think he's a problem. But I don't want to tell my wife to just suck it up and deal with it until everything gets better, and her happiness is much more important than the dog's. Also... I don't want to just let her give up when it was her choice in the first place. I think it's important for her to be mature about this and take responsibility, but it's not like I'm her parent and can be strict about it with her.

I have no idea what to do here. I would take more of the responsibility, but I'm gone essentially 12 hours a day due to my commute and her lighter schedule means that it's much easier for her to be there with him. I'd be really upset if we gave him back, but it's not like I'd be happy if my Otter spiraled into depression because of the stress.

tl;dr - fuck my life
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 03 2017 16:37 GMT
#35158
On October 04 2017 01:29 Requizen wrote:
Bluh

+ Show Spoiler [rant] +
So my wife doesn't want our dog anymore.

I've always wanted a dog. Never got one myself because my old place wouldn't allow it. Otter never wanted one (didn't want responsibility and mess) but in the last few months suddenly flipped. Maybe she was lonely because my hours are so long, or maybe she'd just looked at too many picture of cute dogs on the internet. But for whatever reason since like July she's been talking about how it might be nice to get a dog, how she could train it and dress it up etc.

I told her I wouldn't get one without her being 100% on board, that it was her choice. She did her research, we talked a lot about it, came around to the type of dog we would want and how we would take care of it, how to manage the responsibilities, etc. When we were visiting shelters, she was so excited. When we picked up Ringo, she was extremely happy and was going on and on about things to buy, plans for the future, and so on.

The very next day I came home from work and she was basically in tears because she was so tired of him. And I admit, he's a very needy dog - we're pretty sure he was abandoned and homeless for a while before being brought to the shelter, which probably adds to it - he's always underfoot, looking for pats, jumping into laps, and whining when gated off or crated. But in my mind that's normal stuff, having had dogs before and helping train them. But Otter is having serious trouble handling it. She's irritated that her schedule isn't as open as it was before, that she can't just sit around alone, and that the dog won't obey her implicitly. He's also a bit nippy when he wants to play, which is cute but can be annoying.

I'm not perturbed. We've had him only a week and he's already adjusting, I knew it was going to take at least a month or more to get used to the new house and life. But the wife is just... taking it badly. She told me the other day she's considering just giving him back to the shelter because she's starting to hate him and he's bringing her much more stress than she's had before we got him.

I honestly just don't know what to do. I think things are going fine. He's had a few accidents, but only when he got really excited or when we messed up his bathroom schedule. He's good about his crate, he's not aggressive, and if you're firm with him he'll stop what he's doing at least for a while. Regular dog things. But it's clear that my Otter is just extremely stressed and unhappy.

I don't want to give him back. Firstly because I quite like him, but also because I just don't think he's a problem. But I don't want to tell my wife to just suck it up and deal with it until everything gets better, and her happiness is much more important than the dog's. Also... I don't want to just let her give up when it was her choice in the first place. I think it's important for her to be mature about this and take responsibility, but it's not like I'm her parent and can be strict about it with her.

I have no idea what to do here. I would take more of the responsibility, but I'm gone essentially 12 hours a day due to my commute and her lighter schedule means that it's much easier for her to be there with him. I'd be really upset if we gave him back, but it's not like I'd be happy if my Otter spiraled into depression because of the stress.

tl;dr - fuck my life

I'd say ask her to try another week. If she still feels the same then, the only solution is to return him. I know it sucks, I know.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
October 03 2017 16:43 GMT
#35159
It might be difficult to relate to for people who like animals, but some people just hate them on a really deep level, that's difficult to anticipate if they haven't had prior experience with them. I am one of such people. It is possible your wife is one as well. So yes, it would be accurate to say it is her problem, but I am not sure it's a problem you want to solve by fixing her.

Or maybe she's just not used to it yet and just needs to adjust. Can't tell from here/
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-03 16:47:58
October 03 2017 16:45 GMT
#35160
Would it be possible to take a few weeks off for you to get puppers settled in?

Puppers will be much less work once routine is down and rules are known.
Prev 1 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 207
SpeCial 135
ViBE97
Nathanias 73
ProTech47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12169
Rain 1521
GuemChi 976
Artosis 672
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever407
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox851
Mew2King99
Other Games
summit1g6480
shahzam714
WinterStarcraft480
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0323
Trikslyr51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta18
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 35m
INu's Battles
10h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 35m
OSC
21h 50m
Replay Cast
22h 35m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.