• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:09
CEST 04:09
KST 11:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7937 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2329

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 5162 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 30 2014 22:14 GMT
#46561
On July 01 2014 07:09 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 07:03 Shelke14 wrote:
On July 01 2014 07:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
8 game ranked losing streak lol

Life is hard

Cause I'm not there.

That loss streak includes games with you buds
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 07:06 zer0das wrote:
On July 01 2014 07:03 Shelke14 wrote:
On July 01 2014 07:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
8 game ranked losing streak lol

Life is hard

Cause I'm not there.


Cuz he can't land a q, and completely abandons in me a in vital 5v5 fight because "I'm low on health." (which we won anyways mind you, but took loses way higher than we should of, and I died directly as a result of that. Difference between a 4-0 and a 4-3 fight).

Waaaaaat

I missed one Q that would have gotten a kill. But still got the flash off of him. Idk if that's really the worst thing in the world. Also that fight wasn't 5v5, I had 1/3 health, no cooldowns, and was with the Braum who had 100 hp and no CDs, we were running, and you ult in far behind me. That's not a 5v5, and there's nothing I coulda done to save you there.

I played badly that game, but those were not good examples. General z0r pls

No Jeffs
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 30 2014 22:26 GMT
#46562
On July 01 2014 07:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
8 game ranked losing streak lol

Life is hard

Stream, pusseh.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 22:32 GMT
#46563
On July 01 2014 07:26 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 07:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
8 game ranked losing streak lol

Life is hard

Stream, pusseh.


nono, I want him to save the streaming stamina for being the worst commander of all time
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 30 2014 22:37 GMT
#46564
you cant exactly expect tactical genius if you name a 12 year old your commander
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 30 2014 22:41 GMT
#46565
I'd rather have him stream League, this way I can watch. If he waits for X-Com then it'll only be available on VoDs and I don't want to slack more than I already do at work.

Turns out after picking Irelia back up she skyrockets into my highest winrate since Vi before pussy-meta and early s3 Leona. And is my only champ with k>d, apart from Pantheon ('cause only played one 13-5-2 loss with him).
Not sure what to think. ._. Am I a 1.5-trick pony since s1?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
June 30 2014 22:41 GMT
#46566
On July 01 2014 07:37 Dandel Ion wrote:
you cant exactly expect tactical genius if you name a 12 year old your commander


That's not very nice to 12 year olds.


"Here Wave, let's sit you down right here next to this burning car where an enemy is hiding behind another car across from you, and you will never get a clear shot from this angle because GEOMETRY. Man, if Wave died my squad is going to suck, so you're important to me, Wave! OMG THE CAR EXPLODED!?"
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 30 2014 22:44 GMT
#46567
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
June 30 2014 22:44 GMT
#46568
On July 01 2014 07:37 Dandel Ion wrote:
you cant exactly expect tactical genius if you name a 12 year old your commander

Our real tactical commander was Scip because his character was Korean, but he died really quickly
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 30 2014 22:49 GMT
#46569
w.e. haters, im clearly set up winning so if im beta, i dont know where that puts you.

with another read through your theme is obviously there tho
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 23:08:47
June 30 2014 22:50 GMT
#46570
The thing that was really bad was by retreating that far Lucian started backing up too. If he had been there earlier, we still probably would have won 4-1, 4-2. Trust me, suiciding effectively is my specialty.

Panth also flashed *before* you qed, so missing it is on you. Also if you had just changed your angle, he never would have gotten out in the first place (most likely). Also shoving up the wave when I said "don't bother" caused the waves to be in the wrong place when I got back, so uber consumable Panth shoved me out of lane by spamming his q, which meant he could roam mid with his ult easily (because he hit 6 first and I wasn't there). I mean this is all little stuff, but if you fix the early game problems you don't have to worry about blowing stuff late nearly as much because you'll be up 6-0 instead of down 0-3 10 minutes into the game.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 22:55 GMT
#46571
On July 01 2014 07:49 ComaDose wrote:
w.e. haters, im clearly set up winning so if im beta, i dont know where that puts you.

with another read through your theme is obviously there tho


lol <3
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 30 2014 23:05 GMT
#46572
On July 01 2014 07:44 Sufficiency wrote:
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.


Ahem, HAHHAHAAHHA

I kinda agree though, RD is only slightly ahead of Shadow Dragon for me in terms of replayability.
Steam: rook492
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 23:08:45
June 30 2014 23:08 GMT
#46573
tomorrow night high chance of thunderstorms damn. better set off fireworks tonight.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 23:31:02
June 30 2014 23:30 GMT
#46574
On July 01 2014 08:05 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 07:44 Sufficiency wrote:
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.


Ahem, HAHHAHAAHHA

I kinda agree though, RD is only slightly ahead of Shadow Dragon for me in terms of replayability.


+ Show Spoiler +
There is basically no progression in this game. You play a few character for a few chapters... and POOF THEY ARE GONE AND NOW YOU PLAY THESE ONES INSTEAD BECAUSE FUCK YOU. It's really, really dumb.

I understand it's a sequel, but to bring out PRETTY MUCH EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME IS A TERRIBLE DECISION AND WHOEVER CHOSE TO DO THIS SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT AND SHOT. Like, OK, Ike and Elincia I can understand, because they were some of the main characters in Path of Radiance. But Gatrie? Shinnon? Nephenee? Brom? Haar? Marakov?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 23:35:29
June 30 2014 23:35 GMT
#46575
I loved RD. I don't mind your characters disappearing, the game isn't about leveling your characters and becoming powerful and stuff, it's about looking at the mission at hand and devising strategies and tactics given the tools you have. You are a slave to what you imagine an FE game to be, Sufficiency.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 30 2014 23:40 GMT
#46576
On July 01 2014 08:30 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 08:05 Crusnik wrote:
On July 01 2014 07:44 Sufficiency wrote:
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.


Ahem, HAHHAHAAHHA

I kinda agree though, RD is only slightly ahead of Shadow Dragon for me in terms of replayability.


+ Show Spoiler +
There is basically no progression in this game. You play a few character for a few chapters... and POOF THEY ARE GONE AND NOW YOU PLAY THESE ONES INSTEAD BECAUSE FUCK YOU. It's really, really dumb.

I understand it's a sequel, but to bring out PRETTY MUCH EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME IS A TERRIBLE DECISION AND WHOEVER CHOSE TO DO THIS SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT AND SHOT. Like, OK, Ike and Elincia I can understand, because they were some of the main characters in Path of Radiance. But Gatrie? Shinnon? Nephenee? Brom? Haar? Marakov?

Complaining about Nephenee? What is your major malfunction?

arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 30 2014 23:52 GMT
#46577
How are Irish Car Bombs(the drinks obv) How many would you wager it takes to get you drunk?
What about taste?
:O
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
July 01 2014 00:02 GMT
#46578
On July 01 2014 08:52 arb wrote:
How are Irish Car Bombs(the drinks obv) How many would you wager it takes to get you drunk?
What about taste?
:O


I've never had more than a couple so it's hard to wager how many it takes to get drunk(also because I never just drink Guinness so I can't judge based on that either).

I think they taste alright, not good not bad, but I drink them how you're supposed to(really fast) and never have curdling problems. It probably tastes fucking horrid if you don't get it down fast. I've watched a guy who can't chug to save his fucking life try to 'man up' and finish his out of principle and he started gagging something fierce, so that's what I judge it on.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 00:05:10
July 01 2014 00:03 GMT
#46579
On July 01 2014 08:35 Scip wrote:
I loved RD. I don't mind your characters disappearing, the game isn't about leveling your characters and becoming powerful and stuff, it's about looking at the mission at hand and devising strategies and tactics given the tools you have. You are a slave to what you imagine an FE game to be, Sufficiency.


No that's not the point. In fact, I think Radiant Dawn would be a far better game if there is no EXP system at all and no characters can grow in level and power.

The problem with Radiant Dawn, I feel, is the "negative possibility space".



+ Show Spoiler +
let's look at these two (I don't even have the stats for Geoffrey anymore, but I think his stats are probably even better than Oscar's)

[image loading]

[image loading]

It looks to me that unless Fiona grows like crazy (which she does not, I saw her leveling once), there is essentially no way she will surpass Oscar or Geoffrey. At most she will be comparable to them, but with higher magic (which does almost nothing, by the way, beyond increasing her self-heal).

This is really bad because she joins pretty late but she is a non-promoted unit and she fills a unique role (the only chevalier on my roaster when she joins). This gives me an impression that if I spend the time to train her (it would be hard because she joins late and this game is pretty hard), she will be really good. But of course this is not the case and I might as well just ditch her for Oscar or Geoffrey. But guess what? I wouldn't know that for another 20+ hours of gameplay.

This is the problem. The problem is that the game seems to present me with a choice, but only to tell me hours later my choice was utter garbage. In fact Fiona can't even do that "end-game" level well because it's an in-door level and she cannot scale on walls.

I see that Meg may suffer from the same problem, but at least she specializes in swords and no other Generals use swords (Gatrie and T-something use lance, Brom use Axe now for some odd reason). Fiona is a bit difference because she has two direct competitions on her.

I wonder if it'll be the same for Edward. There are too many swordmasters in the game.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 00:05:59
July 01 2014 00:03 GMT
#46580
On July 01 2014 09:02 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 08:52 arb wrote:
How are Irish Car Bombs(the drinks obv) How many would you wager it takes to get you drunk?
What about taste?
:O


I've never had more than a couple so it's hard to wager how many it takes to get drunk(also because I never just drink Guinness so I can't judge based on that either).

I think they taste alright, not good not bad, but I drink them how you're supposed to(really fast) and never have curdling problems. It probably tastes fucking horrid if you don't get it down fast. I've watched a guy who can't chug to save his fucking life try to 'man up' and finish his out of principle and he started gagging something fierce, so that's what I judge it on.

I've never drank Guinness ever, so idk how strong it is in comparison, since darker beer tends to get me drunker faster i noticed but i dunno.

I know youre supposed to drink really fast so you dont get the curdling, but aside from that ive always wanted to try one lolol.

On July 01 2014 09:03 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 08:35 Scip wrote:
I loved RD. I don't mind your characters disappearing, the game isn't about leveling your characters and becoming powerful and stuff, it's about looking at the mission at hand and devising strategies and tactics given the tools you have. You are a slave to what you imagine an FE game to be, Sufficiency.


No that's not the point. In fact, I think Radiant Dawn would be a far better game if there is no EXP system at all and no characters can grow in level and power.

The problem with Radiant Dawn, I feel, is the "negative possibility space".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnxVOUSzX4A

+ Show Spoiler +
let's look at these two (I don't even have the stats for Geoffrey anymore, but I think his stats are probably even better than Oscar's)

[image loading]

[image loading]

It looks to me that unless Fiona grows like crazy (which she does not, I saw her leveling once), there is essentially no way she will surpass Oscar or Geoffrey. At most she will be comparable to them, but with higher magic (which does almost nothing, by the way, beyond increasing her self-heal).

This is really bad because she joins pretty late but she is a pre-promoted unit and she fills a unique role (the only chevalier on my roaster when she joins). This gives me an impression that if I spend the time to train her (it would be hard because she joins late and this game is pretty hard), she will be really good. But of course this is not the case and I might as well just ditch her for Oscar or Geoffrey. But guess what? I wouldn't know that for another 20+ hours of gameplay.

This is the problem. The problem is that the game seems to present me with a choice, but only to tell me hours later my choice was utter garbage. In fact Fiona can't even do that "end-game" level well because it's an in-door level and she cannot scale on walls.

I see that Meg may suffer from the same problem, but at least she specializes in swords and no other Generals use swords (Gatrie and T-something use lance, Brom use Axe now for some odd reason). Fiona is a bit difference because she has two direct competitions on her.

I wonder if it'll be the same for Edward. There are too many swordmasters in the game.


I thought knights promoted into generals? Or is that game different

In general pre-promote units are traps and should never be used tbh.
Only real exceptions that I can think of right off are Jaffar from FE7(he's 1 point from strength and he's pretty fast too) and Seth from FE8, who starts off high in stats and has good growths too.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Prev 1 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings93
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft270
ByuN 262
RuFF_SC2 128
ViBE69
CosmosSc2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2243
GuemChi 1394
Artosis 618
Sharp 82
910 55
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 622
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox838
Other Games
summit1g9037
Day[9].tv787
shahzam673
JimRising 599
C9.Mang0318
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
• EnkiAlexander 38
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv787
• Shiphtur670
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 52m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.