• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:59
CEST 02:59
KST 09:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10114 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2330

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 5162 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
July 01 2014 00:11 GMT
#46581
On July 01 2014 08:52 arb wrote:
How are Irish Car Bombs(the drinks obv) How many would you wager it takes to get you drunk?
What about taste?
:O


I almost did one once, but the bar was closed when we tried. It's on my to-do list at some point.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 00:18:38
July 01 2014 00:15 GMT
#46582
On July 01 2014 09:03 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 09:02 red_ wrote:
On July 01 2014 08:52 arb wrote:
How are Irish Car Bombs(the drinks obv) How many would you wager it takes to get you drunk?
What about taste?
:O


I've never had more than a couple so it's hard to wager how many it takes to get drunk(also because I never just drink Guinness so I can't judge based on that either).

I think they taste alright, not good not bad, but I drink them how you're supposed to(really fast) and never have curdling problems. It probably tastes fucking horrid if you don't get it down fast. I've watched a guy who can't chug to save his fucking life try to 'man up' and finish his out of principle and he started gagging something fierce, so that's what I judge it on.

I've never drank Guinness ever, so idk how strong it is in comparison, since darker beer tends to get me drunker faster i noticed but i dunno.

I know youre supposed to drink really fast so you dont get the curdling, but aside from that ive always wanted to try one lolol.

Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 09:03 Sufficiency wrote:
On July 01 2014 08:35 Scip wrote:
I loved RD. I don't mind your characters disappearing, the game isn't about leveling your characters and becoming powerful and stuff, it's about looking at the mission at hand and devising strategies and tactics given the tools you have. You are a slave to what you imagine an FE game to be, Sufficiency.


No that's not the point. In fact, I think Radiant Dawn would be a far better game if there is no EXP system at all and no characters can grow in level and power.

The problem with Radiant Dawn, I feel, is the "negative possibility space".



+ Show Spoiler +
let's look at these two (I don't even have the stats for Geoffrey anymore, but I think his stats are probably even better than Oscar's)

[image loading]

[image loading]

It looks to me that unless Fiona grows like crazy (which she does not, I saw her leveling once), there is essentially no way she will surpass Oscar or Geoffrey. At most she will be comparable to them, but with higher magic (which does almost nothing, by the way, beyond increasing her self-heal).

This is really bad because she joins pretty late but she is a pre-promoted unit and she fills a unique role (the only chevalier on my roaster when she joins). This gives me an impression that if I spend the time to train her (it would be hard because she joins late and this game is pretty hard), she will be really good. But of course this is not the case and I might as well just ditch her for Oscar or Geoffrey. But guess what? I wouldn't know that for another 20+ hours of gameplay.

This is the problem. The problem is that the game seems to present me with a choice, but only to tell me hours later my choice was utter garbage. In fact Fiona can't even do that "end-game" level well because it's an in-door level and she cannot scale on walls.

I see that Meg may suffer from the same problem, but at least she specializes in swords and no other Generals use swords (Gatrie and T-something use lance, Brom use Axe now for some odd reason). Fiona is a bit difference because she has two direct competitions on her.

I wonder if it'll be the same for Edward. There are too many swordmasters in the game.


I thought knights promoted into generals? Or is that game different

In general pre-promote units are traps and should never be used tbh.
Only real exceptions that I can think of right off are Jaffar from FE7(he's 1 point from strength and he's pretty fast too) and Seth from FE8, who starts off high in stats and has good growths too.


That's the thing. My impression with Radiant Dawn is that most of the non-promoted units are actually traps. You should just go for pre-promoted units because they have better stats and does not require you to take risks to train them.



Also Seth is pretty bad in FE8 because there are so many other choices available and there is plenty of EXP around. Jaffar is a different beast though.


In Radiant Dawn it is a bit more confusing.

The horse unit is a "Lance Knight". That's basically a chevalier, but you can only use lance. Once you promote you become a "Lance Paladin". After promotion they are still locked for a single weapon type. Not sure if you played Path of Radiance before, but in these two games horse units can move after attacking (ever played Civ 5 before) and they are pretty broken.

The Knight you are thinking of is called an "Armored Sword/Axe/Lance". They get promoted to "Sword/Axe/Lance General".
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 01 2014 00:15 GMT
#46583
GUYS I DID IT

9 game winstreak is gone lolololol
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 01 2014 00:22 GMT
#46584
On July 01 2014 09:15 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 09:03 arb wrote:
On July 01 2014 09:02 red_ wrote:
On July 01 2014 08:52 arb wrote:
How are Irish Car Bombs(the drinks obv) How many would you wager it takes to get you drunk?
What about taste?
:O


I've never had more than a couple so it's hard to wager how many it takes to get drunk(also because I never just drink Guinness so I can't judge based on that either).

I think they taste alright, not good not bad, but I drink them how you're supposed to(really fast) and never have curdling problems. It probably tastes fucking horrid if you don't get it down fast. I've watched a guy who can't chug to save his fucking life try to 'man up' and finish his out of principle and he started gagging something fierce, so that's what I judge it on.

I've never drank Guinness ever, so idk how strong it is in comparison, since darker beer tends to get me drunker faster i noticed but i dunno.

I know youre supposed to drink really fast so you dont get the curdling, but aside from that ive always wanted to try one lolol.

On July 01 2014 09:03 Sufficiency wrote:
On July 01 2014 08:35 Scip wrote:
I loved RD. I don't mind your characters disappearing, the game isn't about leveling your characters and becoming powerful and stuff, it's about looking at the mission at hand and devising strategies and tactics given the tools you have. You are a slave to what you imagine an FE game to be, Sufficiency.


No that's not the point. In fact, I think Radiant Dawn would be a far better game if there is no EXP system at all and no characters can grow in level and power.

The problem with Radiant Dawn, I feel, is the "negative possibility space".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnxVOUSzX4A

+ Show Spoiler +
let's look at these two (I don't even have the stats for Geoffrey anymore, but I think his stats are probably even better than Oscar's)

[image loading]

[image loading]

It looks to me that unless Fiona grows like crazy (which she does not, I saw her leveling once), there is essentially no way she will surpass Oscar or Geoffrey. At most she will be comparable to them, but with higher magic (which does almost nothing, by the way, beyond increasing her self-heal).

This is really bad because she joins pretty late but she is a pre-promoted unit and she fills a unique role (the only chevalier on my roaster when she joins). This gives me an impression that if I spend the time to train her (it would be hard because she joins late and this game is pretty hard), she will be really good. But of course this is not the case and I might as well just ditch her for Oscar or Geoffrey. But guess what? I wouldn't know that for another 20+ hours of gameplay.

This is the problem. The problem is that the game seems to present me with a choice, but only to tell me hours later my choice was utter garbage. In fact Fiona can't even do that "end-game" level well because it's an in-door level and she cannot scale on walls.

I see that Meg may suffer from the same problem, but at least she specializes in swords and no other Generals use swords (Gatrie and T-something use lance, Brom use Axe now for some odd reason). Fiona is a bit difference because she has two direct competitions on her.

I wonder if it'll be the same for Edward. There are too many swordmasters in the game.


I thought knights promoted into generals? Or is that game different

In general pre-promote units are traps and should never be used tbh.
Only real exceptions that I can think of right off are Jaffar from FE7(he's 1 point from strength and he's pretty fast too) and Seth from FE8, who starts off high in stats and has good growths too.


That's the thing. My impression with Radiant Dawn is that most of the non-promoted units are actually traps. You should just go for pre-promoted units because they have better stats and does not require you to take risks to train them.



Also Seth is pretty bad in FE8 because there are so many other choices available and there is plenty of EXP around. Jaffar is a different beast though.


In Radiant Dawn it is a bit more confusing.

The horse unit is a "Lance Knight". That's basically a chevalier, but you can only use lance. Once you promote you become a "Lance Paladin". After promotion they are still locked for a single weapon type. Not sure if you played Path of Radiance before, but in these two games horse units can move after attacking (ever played Civ 5 before) and they are pretty broken.

The Knight you are thinking of is called an "Armored Sword/Axe/Lance". They get promoted to "Sword/Axe/Lance General".

Starting stats are always over shadowed by growths tbh. You have 40 levels with a non promoted unit(assuming lvl 1 start obv) but only 20 lvls + whatever they started with with a pre-promote unit.

Non promoted units are 99% of the time better than pre premoted ones tbh.

And yes there is better choices than Seth, like Amelia or the other 2 cavaliers, but he is still a decent character if you train him tbh.
He is not a jeigan(fe1 character who starts out strong but sucks dick in growths/later on)
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 01 2014 00:24 GMT
#46585
On July 01 2014 09:15 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
GUYS I DID IT

9 game winstreak is gone lolololol

Wow, you even failed at sucking.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
July 01 2014 01:51 GMT
#46586
Ghandi stream for us before I need to sleep cause stuff.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 02:21:57
July 01 2014 02:08 GMT
#46587
Streaming in 10 minutes I guess

Ok starting! Twitch.tv/Ghandieagle
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
July 01 2014 02:32 GMT
#46588
"Looks like there's no autosave so I have to restart LOL"

This spoiled fucking 12 year old, man.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
July 01 2014 02:38 GMT
#46589
On July 01 2014 11:08 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Streaming in 10 minutes I guess

Ok starting! Twitch.tv/Ghandieagle

bad link???
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
July 01 2014 02:55 GMT
#46590
On July 01 2014 11:38 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 11:08 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Streaming in 10 minutes I guess

Ok starting! Twitch.tv/Ghandieagle

bad link???


Uh...nope?
http://www.twitch.tv/Ghandieagle
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 01 2014 03:05 GMT
#46591
If you think Seth is bad I'll fite you
he requires like, the least powerleveling out of all chars and turns out to be a great char lategame too

But yeah, a lot of unpromoted units in RD are traps. I think Edward is a bit of a trap, Zihark is a beast with earth affinity and his 20/20/20 stats are extremely close to Edward. Generally the avaliability screws over some characters making leveling them essentially useless such as the + Show Spoiler +
Tormud squad. Dear lord, can't you be avaliable more often?
I actually agree it might be very interesting if there wasn't a leveling system in RD at all, I wonder how it would turn out.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
July 01 2014 03:21 GMT
#46592
So wait. Is "Fucking Shelkelp" dead? Or did you make a new one
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
July 01 2014 03:32 GMT
#46593
OH YEAH I AM BEAST MODE
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 01 2014 03:34 GMT
#46594
On July 01 2014 07:44 Sufficiency wrote:
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.

Still dunno why you chose to skip the SNES FEs.
Moderator
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
July 01 2014 03:40 GMT
#46595
On July 01 2014 12:34 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 07:44 Sufficiency wrote:
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.

Still dunno why you chose to skip the SNES FEs.


He should experience the joys of trying to recruit Xavier in FE5.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 03:54:48
July 01 2014 03:53 GMT
#46596
On July 01 2014 12:34 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 07:44 Sufficiency wrote:
Radiant Dawn is a terrible game and I quit.

Still dunno why you chose to skip the SNES FEs.

nvm.

Isnt FE5 the hardest in the series supposedly?

Id play the remake of the NES ones for DS though, ithink they're both in the same game, alot better than trying to fight the UI in the NES versions
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 01 2014 03:54 GMT
#46597
GUYS
Guys
guys
guys

+ Show Spoiler +
hi
It's your boy Guzma!
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
July 01 2014 04:06 GMT
#46598
On July 01 2014 12:54 Requizen wrote:
GUYS
Guys
guys
guys

+ Show Spoiler +
hi


How you doing
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 01 2014 04:09 GMT
#46599
On July 01 2014 13:06 Shelke14 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 12:54 Requizen wrote:
GUYS
Guys
guys
guys

+ Show Spoiler +
hi


How you doing

I'm good how are you buddy?
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
July 01 2014 04:15 GMT
#46600
On July 01 2014 08:35 Scip wrote:
I loved RD. I don't mind your characters disappearing, the game isn't about leveling your characters and becoming powerful and stuff, it's about looking at the mission at hand and devising strategies and tactics given the tools you have. You are a slave to what you imagine an FE game to be, Sufficiency.

Strategy? Tactics?

Scip pls. It's a Japanese game. By definition it must include either 1) hundreds of hours of mindless grinding or 2) absolutely ridiculous hidden stuff that you'd have to be OCD or reading a walkthrough to ever find.
Moderator
Prev 1 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 239
CosmosSc2 59
RuFF_SC2 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1937
GuemChi 1315
Artosis 617
910 42
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever286
League of Legends
JimRising 836
Counter-Strike
taco 252
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox679
Other Games
summit1g7878
Day[9].tv725
shahzam662
C9.Mang0301
Trikslyr48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick598
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• Hinosc 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv725
• Shiphtur687
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 1m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.