• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10070 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2304

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 5162 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 27 2014 19:05 GMT
#46061
On June 28 2014 03:58 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 03:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
It looks basically like Assassin's Creed multiplayer, but you have to actually be covert when killing people. Sounds like the perfect drunk game.

I played an assasins creed game for like 2h or something and it was soooo boring. Just walked around killed some fools rekt some templars and all of that happened inside the main character's head. wtf?!


I've played a few of them, I enjoyed them.

But the multiplayer was pretty entertaining if you had people to play with. You get a random mark that you have to kill before the person who has you as a mark kills you. You can hide in the crowd/environment/etc, and if you try to kill your mark but fail (miss or hit the wrong person) and they get away, you don't get the points for the kill.

Seems like it'd be pretty fun on a ship when you're not trained assassins.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 27 2014 19:09 GMT
#46062
Wtf, it took me almost 2 hours and 30 weeks to die in Long Live the Queen. I'd have expected to lose way faster.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-27 19:13:47
June 27 2014 19:12 GMT
#46063
On June 28 2014 03:31 Requizen wrote:


Aw
Yiss

Wait, an FPS where I can play as one of the Deathwing? Holy shit I might actually start playing FPS games.

But seriously Platinum Games making a Korra game is cool too

On June 28 2014 03:44 Parnage wrote:
Parns List of games I made before the thread degenerated into gun control/furries and otter fan fic:

Fething hell, I totally deserve Nobel Prize for that ok

On June 28 2014 03:55 Requizen wrote:
Wait, was 40k:SM on sale yet? I dunno if I remember seeing it at all.

50% off but that's just baseline. I'm waiting to see if it drops further. Might pick up the entire everything and DLC pack.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 27 2014 19:15 GMT
#46064
On June 28 2014 04:05 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 03:58 Scip wrote:
On June 28 2014 03:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
It looks basically like Assassin's Creed multiplayer, but you have to actually be covert when killing people. Sounds like the perfect drunk game.

I played an assasins creed game for like 2h or something and it was soooo boring. Just walked around killed some fools rekt some templars and all of that happened inside the main character's head. wtf?!


I've played a few of them, I enjoyed them.

But the multiplayer was pretty entertaining if you had people to play with. You get a random mark that you have to kill before the person who has you as a mark kills you. You can hide in the crowd/environment/etc, and if you try to kill your mark but fail (miss or hit the wrong person) and they get away, you don't get the points for the kill.

Seems like it'd be pretty fun on a ship when you're not trained assassins.

Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood are truly great games.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 27 2014 19:17 GMT
#46065
I've heard good things about AC4 from my friends as well, but I haven't played it. Although, anything where you play as a pirate is an instant win in their book.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 27 2014 19:18 GMT
#46066
Yeah, couple podcasts I listen to liked it well enough. The conceit of the game sounds pretty amazing (won't spoil it). Unity looks pretty cool though. Going back to a European city seems like a good idea to me.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 27 2014 19:26 GMT
#46067
On June 28 2014 04:12 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 03:31 Requizen wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNT8LQnImiI

Aw
Yiss

Wait, an FPS where I can play as one of the Deathwing? Holy shit I might actually start playing FPS games.

But seriously Platinum Games making a Korra game is cool too

Would be better if it was Blood Angels 1st Company. Vampire Marines best marines.

Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 03:55 Requizen wrote:
Wait, was 40k:SM on sale yet? I dunno if I remember seeing it at all.

50% off but that's just baseline. I'm waiting to see if it drops further. Might pick up the entire everything and DLC pack.

Yeah I'm looking to get it cheap, I'll likely wait a while.
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 27 2014 19:31 GMT
#46068
Ship looks awesome. Sorry I won't be there.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
June 27 2014 19:36 GMT
#46069
On June 28 2014 04:26 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 04:12 MoonBear wrote:
On June 28 2014 03:55 Requizen wrote:
Wait, was 40k:SM on sale yet? I dunno if I remember seeing it at all.

50% off but that's just baseline. I'm waiting to see if it drops further. Might pick up the entire everything and DLC pack.

Yeah I'm looking to get it cheap, I'll likely wait a while.

$10 on Amazon right now.

I got it for $7.50 at Green Man Gaming some year(s) ago
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 27 2014 19:40 GMT
#46070
I got home at 8am this morning. Now I'm going back at 4pm. to be there until 4 am, to be back at noon.

I think my days are running together at this point. The only positive light I have right now is that I haven't spent any money on Steam Sales yet. The only thing that will really change this is if Bleed goes on Daily sale. Then I might have to get it.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 27 2014 19:42 GMT
#46071
don't really follow 40k lore, but from the tidbits that i read about the lore just seems so unrealistic it's sorta hard for me to get into it.
liftlift > tsm
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 27 2014 19:44 GMT
#46072
On June 28 2014 04:40 Cixah wrote:
I got home at 8am this morning. Now I'm going back at 4pm. to be there until 4 am, to be back at noon.

I think my days are running together at this point. The only positive light I have right now is that I haven't spent any money on Steam Sales yet. The only thing that will really change this is if Bleed goes on Daily sale. Then I might have to get it.

If I were you, I'd bring a cot. Fuck 'em.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 27 2014 19:46 GMT
#46073
If it didn't get so hot during the morning I'd just sleep in my car. 2nd to last week of nights though. Then I get to be a real boy.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 27 2014 19:49 GMT
#46074
On June 28 2014 04:46 Cixah wrote:
If it didn't get so hot during the morning I'd just sleep in my car. 2nd to last week of nights though. Then I get to be a real boy.

Why the fuck can't your work just give you regular hours? sounds rather silly that they're giving you these randomly shit hours.
liftlift > tsm
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 27 2014 19:51 GMT
#46075
On June 28 2014 04:49 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 04:46 Cixah wrote:
If it didn't get so hot during the morning I'd just sleep in my car. 2nd to last week of nights though. Then I get to be a real boy.

Why the fuck can't your work just give you regular hours? sounds rather silly that they're giving you these randomly shit hours.


Because reasons. Basically, we have to screw my life over for 6 months so that we can politely tell the old person that he's too old and slow to do his job correctly, so he'll either 1) retire, or 2) move to night shift.

That and because the rest of the people I work with don't like showing up for their shift during the summer because Holidays or something. I don't really care tbh, its a 6 month crash course in everyone making you their bitch, followed by you making everyone else your bitch when you become the project manager over some people who've been there 10 years.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 27 2014 19:55 GMT
#46076
On June 28 2014 04:42 wei2coolman wrote:
don't really follow 40k lore, but from the tidbits that i read about the lore just seems so unrealistic it's sorta hard for me to get into it.

It's just over the top in gritty darkness and awesome violence in the same way other things are over the top in cool factor. Plus, having been around 20+ years, it has a stupid amount of background canon for basically anything that you like. Books, art, lore, and of course the models. It's probably one of the most developed sci-fi settings this side of Star Wars (though apparently all the Star Wars book lore no longer counts with the new movies >:\ dammit Disney).
It's your boy Guzma!
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 27 2014 20:01 GMT
#46077
On June 28 2014 04:26 Requizen wrote:
Would be better if it was Blood Angels 1st Company. Vampire Marines best marines.

Pls emo robe wearing marines best Loyalist legion
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
June 27 2014 20:01 GMT
#46078
I don't know anything about 40k except you can fight FOR THE EMPRAH

I do have ~$360 in Citadel Lord of the Rings miniatures though.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
June 27 2014 20:02 GMT
#46079
Its not that they don't matter its just that the movies cannon overrules the rest of the universes cannon if they conflict.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 27 2014 20:06 GMT
#46080
On June 28 2014 04:42 wei2coolman wrote:
don't really follow 40k lore, but from the tidbits that i read about the lore just seems so unrealistic it's sorta hard for me to get into it.

While I agree that 40K lore most certainly has some very unrealistic aspects, I also think that there are many parallels between Warhammer 40K and real life. In particular, I feel that you draw some comparisons between their religion and social structure and our own in real life. And I think if you look into it real deeply, it almost feels like a social commentary on our life currently.

I think most of that is me thinking about it too deeply, but I can't help but think about it sometimes. I don't think Warhammer 40K expects you to take it very seriously however.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Prev 1 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Vindicta 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11105
Artosis 522
Bale 13
TT1 1
League of Legends
Doublelift3780
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox742
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4681
Khaldor925
Other Games
summit1g7148
shahzam562
NeuroSwarm79
ArmadaUGS69
Mew2King67
ViBE51
JuggernautJason42
Day[9].tv5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Scarra465
• Shiphtur158
• Day9tv5
Upcoming Events
OSC
56m
Stellar Fest
13h 56m
OSC
22h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.