• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:48
CEST 11:48
KST 18:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7668 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1468

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 5162 Next
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 20 2014 21:28 GMT
#29341
On March 21 2014 06:25 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 06:11 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 21 2014 06:06 Ketara wrote:
And yet you thought the burger looked better than the Indian food.

For shame Soniv, for shame.

I go full meat mode when I have Indian, what in the hell are you eating at Indian restaurants? I hit up the Goat Biriyani and the Butter Chicken and Naan Burritos. Meat es muy bueno.


You just described two dishes that are at most like 10% meat and a third one that is about as Indian as French Fries are French.

I think the meat content in Biriyani is more of a stylistic thing then, because Biriyani in Hyderabad had plenty of meat. Same with butter chicken.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
March 20 2014 21:28 GMT
#29342
On March 21 2014 05:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
So does anyone else here have a "girl that got away"?

I believe the term is "unicorn".
Grats on vegan dodge though.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-20 21:46:25
March 20 2014 21:33 GMT
#29343
On March 21 2014 05:58 Ketara wrote:
Why is being vegan important.


I'm obviously not Soniv(and he already answered), but it would be an incredible inconvenience/strain on anything beyond a sort of casual relationship. It has nothing to do with judging someone for being a vegan and everything to do with the idea that I eat meat with every meal, and she won't eat it ever.

I could swing it every now and then to enjoy some vegan meals while supplementing with protein shakes for the entire day, but long term there is going to have to be some sort of major compromise made in meal preparation, and I know that I'm not personally going to budge much on my end(I eat a lot of meat, I prepare that meat in bulk ahead of time so I only have to prepare the quicker items for any given meal, which leaves less wiggle room for inviting someone who won't consume the major item in every meal I make).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
March 20 2014 21:38 GMT
#29344
Vegan's suck. Not worth even attempting to put time into that. More meat please
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
March 20 2014 21:41 GMT
#29345
On March 21 2014 06:38 Shelke14 wrote:
Vegan's suck. Not worth even attempting to put meat into that. More meat please

TranslatorBaa!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 20 2014 21:41 GMT
#29346
You think vegetarianism/veganism is an inconvenience?

Try keeping kosher.

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
March 20 2014 21:41 GMT
#29347
Shelke's succinct statement mirrors my own.

Today on parns adventures I had to explain that scanning the first page of a 10 page document does not in fact scan them all at the same time and that is why only the first page was showing up.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 20 2014 21:43 GMT
#29348
On March 21 2014 06:28 mikeymoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 05:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
So does anyone else here have a "girl that got away"?

I believe the term is "unicorn".
Grats on vegan dodge though.


Unicorn is a much better term for it, I don't care if it's not actually called that, I'm using it. And it was inconclusive evidence via Facebook, so...

On March 21 2014 06:33 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 05:58 Ketara wrote:
Why is being vegan important.


I'm obviously not Soniv(and he already answered), but it would be an incredible inconvenience/strain on anything beyond a sort of casual relationship. It has nothing to do with judging someone for being a vegan and everything to do with the idea that I eat meat with every meal, and she won't eat it ever. I could swing it every now and then to enjoy some vegan meals while supplementing with protein shakes for the entire day, but long term there is going to have to be some sort of major compromise made in meal preparation, and I know that I'm not personally going to budge much on my end(I eat a lot of meat, I prepare that meat in bulk ahead of time so I only have to prepare the quicker items for any given meal, which leaves less wiggle room for inviting someone who won't consume the major item in every meal I make).


Yeah. Like, I don't care if you don't eat meat, I understand why some people wouldn't want to. But I looooooooooooove meat, so it just wouldn't work.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
March 20 2014 21:46 GMT
#29349
On March 21 2014 06:28 mikeymoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 05:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
So does anyone else here have a "girl that got away"?

I believe the term is "unicorn".
Grats on vegan dodge though.


omg it's mikey moo hihi. moo. do you play league? :O
TranslatorBaa!
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 20 2014 21:46 GMT
#29350
On March 21 2014 06:24 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 06:22 kainzero wrote:
Naan burritos? Sounds very indigenous.

Certain Indian regional cuisine is more vegetarian, some have more meat dishes, so it depends what kind of Indian food you eat. The Westernized stuff, like Chicken Tikka Masala, tend to incorporate more meat.

What, you never took tasty stuff and wrapped it in your naan bread?

Feel free to start living

What does that have to do with authenticity?

I've gotten cheeseburgers and dipped them in Tikka Masala sauce, and it's ungodly delicious and terrible for your health, but that doesn't mean this creation is authentic Indian cuisine.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
March 20 2014 21:48 GMT
#29351
On March 21 2014 06:28 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 06:25 Ketara wrote:
On March 21 2014 06:11 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 21 2014 06:06 Ketara wrote:
And yet you thought the burger looked better than the Indian food.

For shame Soniv, for shame.

I go full meat mode when I have Indian, what in the hell are you eating at Indian restaurants? I hit up the Goat Biriyani and the Butter Chicken and Naan Burritos. Meat es muy bueno.


You just described two dishes that are at most like 10% meat and a third one that is about as Indian as French Fries are French.

I think the meat content in Biriyani is more of a stylistic thing then, because Biriyani in Hyderabad had plenty of meat. Same with butter chicken.


You're obviously going to get a higher meat to veggies ratio in a city that's majority muslim.

There's still a huge difference between a biryani and a cheeseburger.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
March 20 2014 21:48 GMT
#29352
On March 21 2014 06:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 06:28 mikeymoo wrote:
On March 21 2014 05:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
So does anyone else here have a "girl that got away"?

I believe the term is "unicorn".
Grats on vegan dodge though.


Unicorn is a much better term for it, I don't care if it's not actually called that, I'm using it. And it was inconclusive evidence via Facebook, so...

Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 06:33 red_ wrote:
On March 21 2014 05:58 Ketara wrote:
Why is being vegan important.


I'm obviously not Soniv(and he already answered), but it would be an incredible inconvenience/strain on anything beyond a sort of casual relationship. It has nothing to do with judging someone for being a vegan and everything to do with the idea that I eat meat with every meal, and she won't eat it ever. I could swing it every now and then to enjoy some vegan meals while supplementing with protein shakes for the entire day, but long term there is going to have to be some sort of major compromise made in meal preparation, and I know that I'm not personally going to budge much on my end(I eat a lot of meat, I prepare that meat in bulk ahead of time so I only have to prepare the quicker items for any given meal, which leaves less wiggle room for inviting someone who won't consume the major item in every meal I make).


Yeah. Like, I don't care if you don't eat meat, I understand why some people wouldn't want to. But I looooooooooooove meat, so it just wouldn't work.

Fatass
God Bless
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 20 2014 21:51 GMT
#29353
On March 21 2014 06:48 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2014 06:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 21 2014 06:28 mikeymoo wrote:
On March 21 2014 05:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
So does anyone else here have a "girl that got away"?

I believe the term is "unicorn".
Grats on vegan dodge though.


Unicorn is a much better term for it, I don't care if it's not actually called that, I'm using it. And it was inconclusive evidence via Facebook, so...

On March 21 2014 06:33 red_ wrote:
On March 21 2014 05:58 Ketara wrote:
Why is being vegan important.


I'm obviously not Soniv(and he already answered), but it would be an incredible inconvenience/strain on anything beyond a sort of casual relationship. It has nothing to do with judging someone for being a vegan and everything to do with the idea that I eat meat with every meal, and she won't eat it ever. I could swing it every now and then to enjoy some vegan meals while supplementing with protein shakes for the entire day, but long term there is going to have to be some sort of major compromise made in meal preparation, and I know that I'm not personally going to budge much on my end(I eat a lot of meat, I prepare that meat in bulk ahead of time so I only have to prepare the quicker items for any given meal, which leaves less wiggle room for inviting someone who won't consume the major item in every meal I make).


Yeah. Like, I don't care if you don't eat meat, I understand why some people wouldn't want to. But I looooooooooooove meat, so it just wouldn't work.

Fatass


YOUR WORDS CAN'T HURT ME RUFFLES
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
March 20 2014 21:53 GMT
#29354
Besides we've all seen Soniv on his webcam and know he weighs about 20 pounds.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 20 2014 21:53 GMT
#29355
On March 21 2014 06:53 Ketara wrote:
Besides we've all seen Soniv on his webcam and know he weighs about 20 pounds.


Hey now, he's no Alaric.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 20 2014 21:55 GMT
#29356
Soniv could probably fly if you threw him into the air
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
March 20 2014 22:00 GMT
#29357
On March 21 2014 06:55 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Soniv could probably fly if you threw him into the air

and do spins
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-20 22:03:50
March 20 2014 22:01 GMT
#29358
Poor guy looks like he's starving lets order him a vegan pizza(is that a thing? idk..)
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 20 2014 22:04 GMT
#29359
On March 21 2014 04:45 Ketara wrote:
Cruise pics hooray http://www.flickr.com/photos/9943516@N03/with/13293438593

This guys right here. XD
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9943516@N03/11482827425/

On March 21 2014 05:51 jcarlsoniv wrote:
the fuck? lol

So does anyone else here have a "girl that got away"? Just saw evidence on facebook that mine might be a vegan.

Instant *glass shattering*

Yup.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
March 20 2014 22:05 GMT
#29360
Google says yes.

I was once out with a girl in Santa Cruz and we were having this great day, and wanted to eat, and happened across this awesome looking 50s diner.

It turned out it was a Vegan 50s diner.

The evening was kind of ruined.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Prev 1 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 10
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1090
Pyrionflax197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 51
• 3DClanTV 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV156
League of Legends
• Jankos2681
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12m
CranKy Ducklings5
Patches Events
5h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
OSC
13h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.