• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:32
CEST 12:32
KST 19:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)38Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8618 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 47

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 22:24:15
August 27 2013 20:22 GMT
#921
Registration
- Ingame name
Pandemic Osukid

- Rank and division
Silver 2

- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
Mid/Bot

- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
Mid - Lux/Ezreal
Bot - Zilean/Ezreal/Ashe

- If you are Plat or higher, just include rank and division
@KawaiiRiceLighT
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 27 2013 22:03 GMT
#922
I feel like the more of these in houses I play, the worse I get at solo queue
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 27 2013 22:06 GMT
#923
On August 28 2013 07:03 upperbound wrote:
I feel like the more of these in houses I play, the worse I get at solo queue

I've experienced the same phenomenon - I feel like it's because the vast majority of the players around my ELO just don't know how to play properly or whatever, so after playing with people who do it's like...what are you supposed to do? And if you tell anyone what to do (through innocent suggestion or violent insistence) it's taken as a sleight and met with at best refusal and at worst trolling.

SoloQ mang. SoloQ.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 22:11:50
August 27 2013 22:10 GMT
#924
I mean I feel like I'm just not learning what I'm supposed to be learning -- it's definitely me and not my teammates, but I just don't know what to do. I always hold up my part of the early game, but I just have no idea how to make games in solo queue not fall apart around the time that laning phase ends. I already time objectives and try to tell people at least 30s to 1:00 ahead, but people just do their own thing, go chase kills or whatever, and then we end up in a 4v5 or 3v5 at dragon or our blue or something. I have no idea what else the other team is doing to be so much more organized for every objective when I'm as objective focused as possible.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
August 27 2013 22:20 GMT
#925
On August 28 2013 07:10 upperbound wrote:
I mean I feel like I'm just not learning what I'm supposed to be learning -- it's definitely me and not my teammates, but I just don't know what to do. I always hold up my part of the early game, but I just have no idea how to make games in solo queue not fall apart around the time that laning phase ends. I already time objectives and try to tell people at least 30s to 1:00 ahead, but people just do their own thing, go chase kills or whatever, and then we end up in a 4v5 or 3v5 at dragon or our blue or something. I have no idea what else the other team is doing to be so much more organized for every objective when I'm as objective focused as possible.

eh that's kind of just how soloq is. If you really want, being the shotcaller in these inhouses could be a nice experience in terms of figuring out how to lead a team.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Cr4zyH0r5e
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Peru1308 Posts
August 27 2013 22:41 GMT
#926
On August 28 2013 07:10 upperbound wrote:
I mean I feel like I'm just not learning what I'm supposed to be learning -- it's definitely me and not my teammates, but I just don't know what to do. I always hold up my part of the early game, but I just have no idea how to make games in solo queue not fall apart around the time that laning phase ends. I already time objectives and try to tell people at least 30s to 1:00 ahead, but people just do their own thing, go chase kills or whatever, and then we end up in a 4v5 or 3v5 at dragon or our blue or something. I have no idea what else the other team is doing to be so much more organized for every objective when I'm as objective focused as possible.


you could be our fearless leader!
as mentioned above, I strongly suggest you to try and be the shot-caller in every game you play. You only need one call to be right for your team to trust you in every following call. This is especially easy to do if you main jungle/support because those positions are less mechanically demanding giving you more time to type and tell your team what to do.
Diamond 4 Jungle/Support - http://www.twitch.tv/cr4zyh0r5e/c/3051057 Zyra support 101
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 27 2013 23:10 GMT
#927
channel: RIP Roffles
We'll start as soon as we have 10, etc.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 27 2013 23:17 GMT
#928
On August 28 2013 08:10 NeoIllusions wrote:
channel: RIP Roffles
We'll start as soon as we have 10, etc.

Keep it going! I'm heading to a going away party right now but will be back around 10:00 EDT!
InfSunday
Profile Joined March 2013
United States735 Posts
August 27 2013 23:48 GMT
#929
That awkward moment when you said you'd be there for the last practice... and then all of your friends wanted to play and you didn't end up going. Sorry for being flaky. I'll try to participate tonight, but probably won't make it. Life is busy for me right now in terms of League time that isn't with my friends. No complaints, though.

So yeah, Neo and I think someone else (wanna say Kissblade, but I might be wrong) really really helped me further understand playing ADC. Not only was I building wrong, but being told how I played ganks incorrectly was really helpful just in terms of game knowledge. Also my silver play got carried a LOT (I was playing so, so badly) which felt great. I think I'm going to try and avoid playing mid in in-houses just because that's the one thing in this game I actually sorta know how to do and I rarely, rarely get mid in soloQ. Will be nice to get better in other positions.
Call me Sunday
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
August 28 2013 00:28 GMT
#930
On August 28 2013 04:02 KissBlade wrote:
Won't be able to make channel for this week cause I'll be taking the GMAT and my studying has been less than well anything.
Someone else make channel names for the week.

GMAT ezpz
God Bless
RageOverdose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States690 Posts
August 28 2013 00:55 GMT
#931
On August 28 2013 07:20 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2013 07:10 upperbound wrote:
I mean I feel like I'm just not learning what I'm supposed to be learning -- it's definitely me and not my teammates, but I just don't know what to do. I always hold up my part of the early game, but I just have no idea how to make games in solo queue not fall apart around the time that laning phase ends. I already time objectives and try to tell people at least 30s to 1:00 ahead, but people just do their own thing, go chase kills or whatever, and then we end up in a 4v5 or 3v5 at dragon or our blue or something. I have no idea what else the other team is doing to be so much more organized for every objective when I'm as objective focused as possible.

eh that's kind of just how soloq is. If you really want, being the shotcaller in these inhouses could be a nice experience in terms of figuring out how to lead a team.


You aren't going to have the coordination you have in a premade 5's team that you would have in SoloQ. People in SoloQ just aren't in sync, but it's best to just try to communicate and call as many shots as possible. Simply pinging things and typing "This then this" is good enough. From my experience, a lot of players are just looking for something to do (assuming they aren't tied up in trying to get kills for no reason) and they will generally listen to the first idea that is popped out.
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 01:00:56
August 28 2013 00:59 GMT
#932
I'm pretty sure that all the feedback I've gotten from these inhouses when I play mid has made me a worse player. I'm doing far worse after playing in these than before I did. I've utterly dominated Diamonds and Platinums in these, while losing to Silver 2 players in ranked. What the fuck.

edit: check the graph of my ranked 'progress' on lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34446

Guess when I started playing in these?
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
August 28 2013 01:03 GMT
#933
You remind me of those poker players who move up in stakes because they feel they can win better there.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
August 28 2013 01:06 GMT
#934
On August 28 2013 09:59 XilDarkz wrote:
I'm pretty sure that all the feedback I've gotten from these inhouses when I play mid has made me a worse player. I'm doing far worse after playing in these than before I did. I've utterly dominated Diamonds and Platinums in these, while losing to Silver 2 players in ranked. What the fuck.

edit: check the graph of my ranked 'progress' on lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34446

Guess when I started playing in these?


Guess you should stop playing in the inhouses then.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
XilDarkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States563 Posts
August 28 2013 01:06 GMT
#935
On August 28 2013 10:03 Pooshlmer wrote:
You remind me of those poker players who move up in stakes because they feel they can win better there.



Explain. I should be moving down when I play ranked, and yet, sometimes I play far better than I do in houses and do far worse.
aka Mathies! twitch.tv/Mathies if you want to watch me fail. esfiworld.com/author/mathies/
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
August 28 2013 01:07 GMT
#936
On August 28 2013 09:59 XilDarkz wrote:
I'm pretty sure that all the feedback I've gotten from these inhouses when I play mid has made me a worse player. I'm doing far worse after playing in these than before I did. I've utterly dominated Diamonds and Platinums in these, while losing to Silver 2 players in ranked. What the fuck.

edit: check the graph of my ranked 'progress' on lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34446

Guess when I started playing in these?


It actually looks like you had a spike from a win streak, then regressed to the norm, then had a little losing streak, and have again returned to the norm.

Also, no.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
August 28 2013 01:18 GMT
#937
On August 28 2013 09:59 XilDarkz wrote:
I'm pretty sure that all the feedback I've gotten from these inhouses when I play mid has made me a worse player. I'm doing far worse after playing in these than before I did. I've utterly dominated Diamonds and Platinums in these, while losing to Silver 2 players in ranked. What the fuck.

edit: check the graph of my ranked 'progress' on lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34446

Guess when I started playing in these?


You had a tiny winstreak, and then dropped back to where you belong. You don't improve in IH's because you hardly ever listen to advice. People critique you, and you get defensive. You do well when jungler camps the shit out of your lane opponent, and all of a sudden you're the best player in the world.

Also I doubt you could outlane even a diamond support main. You might snowball off jungle camping, but I won't believe you're dominating plats/diamonds when you lose to silvers.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Ame
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
August 28 2013 01:26 GMT
#938
Registration
- Ingame name
Eias

- Rank and division
Silver V - III

- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
Mid, Top (Want to learn Jungle theory/timing but it's currently at Bronze V level)

- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
Mid: Zed, Karthus
Top: Zed, Gangplank
(Want to improve on Lee Sin for both, but BronzeV, etc.)
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 01:27:25
August 28 2013 01:27 GMT
#939
On August 28 2013 09:59 XilDarkz wrote:
I'm pretty sure that all the feedback I've gotten from these inhouses when I play mid has made me a worse player. I'm doing far worse after playing in these than before I did. I've utterly dominated Diamonds and Platinums in these, while losing to Silver 2 players in ranked. What the fuck.

edit: check the graph of my ranked 'progress' on lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34446

Guess when I started playing in these?


1. Good for you, you beat a couple plats/diamonds. "Utterly dominating" a plat and a diamond does not mean you will beat them every single time. If I remember correctly, you beat 1 diamond and that was because he was practicing a different champ, and everyone else you played basically tore you a new asshole.

2. If you don't think you're improving from these, then don't play in them. Most of us don't like the way you act in these in-houses anyways.

3. If you want to continue playing with us, then start listening to the advice we give you and stop giving us bullshit in return.
im deaf
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 01:30:01
August 28 2013 01:29 GMT
#940
Registration
- Ingame name

TLBluebird

- Rank and division

Plat 4

- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)

Umm I guess I'm not supposed to fill this out, but I feel like I am probably gold level on most of my champions. Just much higher on my Orianna/Ahri than anything else. (At least thats how games feel like too me). Also my supports might be below gold level. I do good when i duo with my friend and support him and he tells me exactly what to do, but as you can see that might be an issue lol.

Im a little nervous going in to these IH because my anxiety but hopefully it works out :D.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings21
CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2509
Bisu 902
Horang2 588
Jaedong 453
BeSt 391
Hyuk 385
actioN 259
firebathero 225
Light 192
Zeus 190
[ Show more ]
Leta 172
Stork 147
EffOrt 129
Soma 94
ZerO 79
Pusan 69
Sexy 68
Last 67
Killer 54
Mong 44
Mind 40
Shinee 36
Rush 35
soO 32
Aegong 30
ToSsGirL 26
hero 24
Bale 23
ggaemo 20
Sharp 18
sorry 18
PianO 16
Terrorterran 15
Yoon 14
NaDa 10
Free 10
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Soulkey 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Fuzer 76
League of Legends
Reynor13
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1068
shoxiejesuss1013
x6flipin117
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1917
crisheroes265
Other Games
gofns32201
singsing1730
XBOCT293
DeMusliM218
Livibee107
ArmadaUGS94
QueenE41
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream288
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH297
• LUISG 36
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Jankos2001
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 28m
Stellar Fest
2h 28m
OSC
13h 28m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.