• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9669 users

[GSL Code S] Season 3 2017 - Quarterfinals Day 1 - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 Next All
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
August 30 2017 14:17 GMT
#441
On August 30 2017 23:15 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2017 23:12 DubiousC2 wrote:
I knew I could count on sOs when it mattered most.

Now, if only ByuN beats Inno somehow. Hoping for a ByuN vs sOs finals.

because the last one was so great...

Arguably better than the last sOs vs INnoVaton final.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
August 30 2017 14:17 GMT
#442
On August 30 2017 23:11 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2017 23:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On August 30 2017 22:49 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On August 30 2017 22:48 The_Red_Viper wrote:
The ideal scenario would be Inno and Stats splitting GSL/SSL. Definitely the two players in korean starcraft this year.
Ofc Stats winning both would be hype as well.

PLs no antihype thing with none of the two winning, that would suck.

I'm disgusted to admit that since I hate the player but the hypest thing now would definitely be a sOs victory

That would only be "hype" if he then wins blizzcon. Too much assumptions, i would rather go for the two actual good players winning things


Call me a fanboy, but sOs's form seems to increase the closer he gets to blizzcon.

If he qualifies, I'd favour him to win over Inno. Sometimes history just repeats itself

You are a fanboy (though tbf i didn't see today's games )
But i am a hater so it evens out probably. He is in the GSL semis and that's certainly impressive, so maybe he actually does it. I still would bet on Inno or Stats though, they have more results to back it up.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
DubiousC2
Profile Joined June 2016
129 Posts
August 30 2017 15:06 GMT
#443
On August 30 2017 23:15 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2017 23:12 DubiousC2 wrote:
I knew I could count on sOs when it mattered most.

Now, if only ByuN beats Inno somehow. Hoping for a ByuN vs sOs finals.

because the last one was so great...


Well, yeah it was pretty one-sided, but I really want to see them both at Blizzcon. I'm also kind of sick of seeing Inno stomp through Stats.

Manner MULE /dance
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 30 2017 15:22 GMT
#444
On August 31 2017 00:06 DubiousC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2017 23:15 Charoisaur wrote:
On August 30 2017 23:12 DubiousC2 wrote:
I knew I could count on sOs when it mattered most.

Now, if only ByuN beats Inno somehow. Hoping for a ByuN vs sOs finals.

because the last one was so great...


Well, yeah it was pretty one-sided, but I really want to see them both at Blizzcon. I'm also kind of sick of seeing Inno stomp through Stats.


Yea because that happens all the time...wait...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1961 Posts
August 30 2017 15:47 GMT
#445
How'd I do selling the abysmal sOs/Solar series in the recap? I fit a single quip in, but DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU WANT TO WATCH THOSE GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:19:47
August 30 2017 15:47 GMT
#446
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.
WriterMaru
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:20:01
August 30 2017 15:50 GMT
#447
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:20:18
August 30 2017 16:02 GMT
#448
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.
WriterMaru
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:20:28
August 30 2017 16:14 GMT
#449
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:20:41
August 30 2017 16:17 GMT
#450
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.
WriterMaru
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:20:50
August 30 2017 16:33 GMT
#451
On August 31 2017 01:17 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.

Nah a Ro8 player is one who can be reasonably favored to make top 8, not just one who maybe could. Not every single Korean player is that. Rogue is just a few holes in his mental game away from being GSL champ level, hence why today was a huge disappointment.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-30 16:35:34
August 30 2017 16:34 GMT
#452
On August 30 2017 20:35 Mun_Su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2017 20:15 brickrd wrote:
you know, an angry terran on ladder once screamed at me that he didn't believe me when i said i play starcraft for fun because no one who plays sc2 enjoys it anymore, and after reading this thread i think he might be right not only about people who play it but people who watch it


Personnaly i'm watching it 100% for fun and 100% for love.


Show nested quote +
On August 30 2017 20:31 brickrd wrote:
feel like solar is the korean TLO, super likeable creative micro guy who often appears to be really good and succeeds after patches but is somehow just overall a tier below the top players in his region



Can't agree with you, Solar has made it to the grand final of 8 Ptremier tournament and won half of them. A triple time Dreamhack champion and a SSL champion is nowhere near TLO's level...

i said "a tier below the top players in his region" which makes it abundantly clear that i don't think they're on the same skill level... i was referring to their role relative to their peers, not equating their skill... why would i say "korean TLO" if i weren't implying solar is much better since everyone knows koreans are on a higher level?
TL+ Member
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-01 14:21:07
August 30 2017 16:51 GMT
#453
On August 31 2017 01:33 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 01:17 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquibet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.

Nah a Ro8 player is one who can be reasonably favored to make top 8, not just one who maybe could. Not every single Korean player is that. Rogue is just a few holes in his mental game away from being GSL champ level, hence why today was a huge disappointment.

And I maintain you can find a lot of these players.
Maru, TY, INno, ByuN, aLive for terrans.
Dark, Rogue, soO, Solar for zergs.
Stats, Classic, herO, sOs, Zest for protosses.

That's already 14 players that are Ro8 level players and I probably forgot some :x.
Basically all the SSL players (premier+challenge) could be considered GSL ro8 because they are at roughly the same level.
WriterMaru
MarianoSC2
Profile Joined June 2015
Slovakia1855 Posts
August 30 2017 16:56 GMT
#454
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquidbet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.



Rogue is by far the best Zerg of this year. If he is mentally prepared and does not feel that much pressure, he is the most solid Z player across all 3 matchups.
And there we go... "if he is mentally prepared and does not feel that much pressure".
That is what Rogue is all about. He was the better player last GSL against soO, he even had the last game won but crumbled under pressure. He was the favourite against State in his current form and ZvP being his best MU but again he made it easy for Stats and basically defeated himself by using stupid builds.
He was top 3 Korea ladder for what, half a year? Maybe he still is? 7k+ MMR for 3 months? That is not an easy feat at all.

People are right to hype him up because he deserves it, at least for this year. Anyone who saw him play knows what a beast he is. If he ever sorts out the issues in his head in important matches he will be GSL champ level for sure
Top 11: Rogue, Maru, Inno, Zest, Life, sOs, Stats, Dark, soO, Mvp, Classic/Trap/MC/Rain
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 30 2017 16:57 GMT
#455
wow double zerg choke
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
usopsama
Profile Joined April 2008
6502 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-30 17:20:59
August 30 2017 17:00 GMT
#456
MarianoSC2
Profile Joined June 2015
Slovakia1855 Posts
August 30 2017 17:01 GMT
#457
On August 31 2017 01:51 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 01:33 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:17 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquidbet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.

Nah a Ro8 player is one who can be reasonably favored to make top 8, not just one who maybe could. Not every single Korean player is that. Rogue is just a few holes in his mental game away from being GSL champ level, hence why today was a huge disappointment.

And I maintain you can find a lot of these players.
Maru, TY, INno, ByuN, aLive for terrans.
Dark, Rogue, soO, Solar for zergs.
Stats, Classic, herO, sOs, Zest for protosses.

That's already 14 players that are Ro8 level players and I probably forgot some :x.
Basically all the SSL players (premier+challenge) could be considered GSL ro8 because they are at roughly the same level.



Alive and sOs? :D Seriously?

Inno, Stats, TY. The rest are currently not on Rogues level. You may make a case for soO, but he is only better in ZvZ, so I would not put him there.
I sincerely hope Rogue wins the super tournament to prove himself further, he definitely has what it takes just needs to come in with a clear head.

Top 11: Rogue, Maru, Inno, Zest, Life, sOs, Stats, Dark, soO, Mvp, Classic/Trap/MC/Rain
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
August 30 2017 17:01 GMT
#458
On August 31 2017 01:51 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 01:33 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:17 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquidbet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.

Nah a Ro8 player is one who can be reasonably favored to make top 8, not just one who maybe could. Not every single Korean player is that. Rogue is just a few holes in his mental game away from being GSL champ level, hence why today was a huge disappointment.

And I maintain you can find a lot of these players.
Maru, TY, INno, ByuN, aLive for terrans.
Dark, Rogue, soO, Solar for zergs.
Stats, Classic, herO, sOs, Zest for protosses.

That's already 14 players that are Ro8 level players and I probably forgot some :x.
Basically all the SSL players (premier+challenge) could be considered GSL ro8 because they are at roughly the same level.

So all those players are similar level, including Rogue, but his winning was also "out of nowhere"? Rogue had been more consistent than those other zergs in the last few weeks too, and had beaten Stats the last 3 times they played. Fine, of course in Starcraft its never a 100% bet but it was a better than most
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-30 17:42:45
August 30 2017 17:36 GMT
#459
On August 31 2017 02:01 MarianoSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 01:51 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:33 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:17 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquidbet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.

Nah a Ro8 player is one who can be reasonably favored to make top 8, not just one who maybe could. Not every single Korean player is that. Rogue is just a few holes in his mental game away from being GSL champ level, hence why today was a huge disappointment.

And I maintain you can find a lot of these players.
Maru, TY, INno, ByuN, aLive for terrans.
Dark, Rogue, soO, Solar for zergs.
Stats, Classic, herO, sOs, Zest for protosses.

That's already 14 players that are Ro8 level players and I probably forgot some :x.
Basically all the SSL players (premier+challenge) could be considered GSL ro8 because they are at roughly the same level.



Alive and sOs? :D Seriously?

Inno, Stats, TY. The rest are currently not on Rogues level. You may make a case for soO, but he is only better in ZvZ, so I would not put him there.
I sincerely hope Rogue wins the super tournament to prove himself further, he definitely has what it takes just needs to come in with a clear head.


Yes, aLive made it to the finals of GSL Super Tournament, he has been a GSL ro8 level player this year.
He made it further in a GSL than Rogue afaik? Even tho it's not "the" GSL, it's the same players and a similar format.
I'm pretty sure he won more prize money than Rogue btw, but I was not comparing aLive to Rogue, but rather just listing GSL ro8 players (my point is that almost all SSL players can be considered GSL ro8 level)

sOs just made ro4 so I'm pretty sure he is a GSL ro8 level player LOL
You should reread the conversation because you miss the point.

So all those players are similar level, including Rogue, but his winning was also "out of nowhere"? Rogue had been more consistent than those other zergs in the last few weeks too, and had beaten Stats the last 3 times they played. Fine, of course in Starcraft its never a 100% bet but it was a better than most

His IEM winning was out of nowhere since almost any active KR player (from the SSL premier+challenge) could have won it depending on form.

Remember guys, this conversation started because when I said I liquidbetted for Rogue against Stats, I thought I was taking a risk, but some guy then said "wtf, Rogue is the obvious pick" and I wasn't that sure of that.
Two hours later Rogue is defeated.
I'm just trying to say that we should not overhype players because then we don't find a good reason for their failure other than shit ones (happened with Rogue in GSL, and INno in SSL) And I definitely voted for Rogue because he was hyped currently and I didn't manage to see his games to judge it myself :x

edit: that's the post I'm talking about:
Mine:

Fuck yeah!!!
That paid off so well!!
Now if only Rogue beats Stats :D.


Some guy:

"Rogue beats Stats ez-pz. I just feel sorry that Rogue might stop sOs's BlizzCon dream ..."

Of course I am salty since I was doing great in LB but betting Rogue was actually a mistake :/. (it was more like 50-50 than one player winning for sure)
WriterMaru
MarianoSC2
Profile Joined June 2015
Slovakia1855 Posts
August 30 2017 18:05 GMT
#460
On August 31 2017 02:36 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2017 02:01 MarianoSC2 wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:51 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:33 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:17 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:14 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 01:02 Poopi wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:50 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On August 31 2017 00:47 Poopi wrote:
Who was saying Rogue vs Stats was an obvious Rogue liquidbet again?
Fuck I almost made it further than top 7, but now I'm probably gonna lose some places :/.

It was an obvious bet if Rogue didn't use TLO-but-in-bronze-league strats

No I'm tired of people defending him as some zerg god even after he just lost.
The guy won 21k $ this year out of nowhere and he is praised as the Dark of 2017 or something?

I think people don't accept that sc2 is highly volatile at the top level, so whenever someone "new" wins a tournament, they think he is gonna do well in the next tournaments and if not, it's just bad luck or whatever. But the harsh truth is that they are all at the same level depending on days.

About sOs becoming better because Blizzcon is soon, I share this opinion too and that's why I gambled and betted on him: when he is expected to crush foreigners he plays like shit so we think he is bad, but when everybody starts to think he is bad he can make great upsets. His wins and losses are as hard to predict for us as his gameplay is for his opponents.

It's not really an out-of-nowhere win when he was crushing ladder at that time and was long overdue for a win. Rogue has been a GSL Ro8 level player for a large part of the last few years and can definitely win if he ups his game just a tiny bit more

Everybody and anybody "crushes" ladder.
A lot of players are GSL ro8 level players (basically all the koreans left could be seen as ro8 level players depending on group stages luck), and all of them CAN definitely win if they up their game a tiny bit as well.

Basically your answer supports the point that all the KR players left (that were decent to begin with, not "bad" ones like Billowy or whatever) are very close in skill.

Nah a Ro8 player is one who can be reasonably favored to make top 8, not just one who maybe could. Not every single Korean player is that. Rogue is just a few holes in his mental game away from being GSL champ level, hence why today was a huge disappointment.

And I maintain you can find a lot of these players.
Maru, TY, INno, ByuN, aLive for terrans.
Dark, Rogue, soO, Solar for zergs.
Stats, Classic, herO, sOs, Zest for protosses.

That's already 14 players that are Ro8 level players and I probably forgot some :x.
Basically all the SSL players (premier+challenge) could be considered GSL ro8 because they are at roughly the same level.



Alive and sOs? :D Seriously?

Inno, Stats, TY. The rest are currently not on Rogues level. You may make a case for soO, but he is only better in ZvZ, so I would not put him there.
I sincerely hope Rogue wins the super tournament to prove himself further, he definitely has what it takes just needs to come in with a clear head.


Yes, aLive made it to the finals of GSL Super Tournament, he has been a GSL ro8 level player this year.
He made it further in a GSL than Rogue afaik? Even tho it's not "the" GSL, it's the same players and a similar format.
I'm pretty sure he won more prize money than Rogue btw, but I was not comparing aLive to Rogue, but rather just listing GSL ro8 players (my point is that almost all SSL players can be considered GSL ro8 level)

sOs just made ro4 so I'm pretty sure he is a GSL ro8 level player LOL
You should reread the conversation because you miss the point.

Show nested quote +
So all those players are similar level, including Rogue, but his winning was also "out of nowhere"? Rogue had been more consistent than those other zergs in the last few weeks too, and had beaten Stats the last 3 times they played. Fine, of course in Starcraft its never a 100% bet but it was a better than most

His IEM winning was out of nowhere since almost any active KR player (from the SSL premier+challenge) could have won it depending on form.

Remember guys, this conversation started because when I said I liquidbetted for Rogue against Stats, I thought I was taking a risk, but some guy then said "wtf, Rogue is the obvious pick" and I wasn't that sure of that.
Two hours later Rogue is defeated.
I'm just trying to say that we should not overhype players because then we don't find a good reason for their failure other than shit ones (happened with Rogue in GSL, and INno in SSL) And I definitely voted for Rogue because he was hyped currently and I didn't manage to see his games to judge it myself :x

edit: that's the post I'm talking about:
Mine:
Show nested quote +

Fuck yeah!!!
That paid off so well!!
Now if only Rogue beats Stats :D.


Some guy:

"Rogue beats Stats ez-pz. I just feel sorry that Rogue might stop sOs's BlizzCon dream ..."

Of course I am salty since I was doing great in LB but betting Rogue was actually a mistake :/. (it was more like 50-50 than one player winning for sure)



Okay, fair enough I went off topic a bit...

Nevertheless about the LBs, you should not take 1 fanboy opinion for granted. Hell I am a Rogue fanboy and I expected a close tough match. I did bet on Rogue because I felt it was a safer bet in his current form but well, I aint too surprised Stats won, just sad This was a tough one you should not feel bad really...


Top 11: Rogue, Maru, Inno, Zest, Life, sOs, Stats, Dark, soO, Mvp, Classic/Trap/MC/Rain
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 538
910 376
Hyuk 312
Killer 74
Dewaltoss 58
Yoon 48
Mind 33
Shinee 33
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 26
[ Show more ]
Bale 24
yabsab 18
Light 13
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe162
League of Legends
JimRising 471
Counter-Strike
olofmeister954
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2123
Khaldor450
Other Games
singsing1209
ceh9569
XBOCT252
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream258
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2315
League of Legends
• Jankos1268
• Stunt534
Other Games
• WagamamaTV94
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 22m
Stellar Fest
4h 22m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.