• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9658 users

$4,000 BaseTradeTV Map Test Tournament - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
366 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 23 2016 19:22 GMT
#121
On May 24 2016 04:18 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:17 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Couldn't Harstem have just made a nexus where the adepts currently are and mine from the gold and the blue bases at once


The gases are inside though.


But having 2 (or 3.5 because of gold) bases of minerals and 1 of gas for the price of a single nexus sounds more worth it than taking the gold as your natural
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-23 19:24:48
May 23 2016 19:23 GMT
#122
On May 24 2016 04:22 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:18 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:17 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Couldn't Harstem have just made a nexus where the adepts currently are and mine from the gold and the blue bases at once


The gases are inside though.


But having 2 (or 3.5 because of gold) bases of minerals and 1 of gas for the price of a single nexus sounds more worth it than taking the gold as your natural


The bases aren't close enough.

edit: Dasan seems pretty suitable for a format like Proleague where you can choose the race to send out. Less so for ladder.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 23 2016 19:25 GMT
#123
On May 24 2016 04:23 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:22 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:18 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:17 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Couldn't Harstem have just made a nexus where the adepts currently are and mine from the gold and the blue bases at once


The gases are inside though.


But having 2 (or 3.5 because of gold) bases of minerals and 1 of gas for the price of a single nexus sounds more worth it than taking the gold as your natural


The bases aren't close enough.


Fair enough. Although I doubt its so far away to not make it more worth it economically. Maybe not for Terran and Protoss due to how quickly they build workers but I imagine for a Zerg it could be better than just taking the gold
ossavi09
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany441 Posts
May 23 2016 19:27 GMT
#124
purple vs red in a mirror matchup... )=
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
May 23 2016 19:33 GMT
#125
On May 24 2016 04:23 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:22 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:18 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:17 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Couldn't Harstem have just made a nexus where the adepts currently are and mine from the gold and the blue bases at once


The gases are inside though.


But having 2 (or 3.5 because of gold) bases of minerals and 1 of gas for the price of a single nexus sounds more worth it than taking the gold as your natural


The bases aren't close enough.

edit: Dasan seems pretty suitable for a format like Proleague where you can choose the race to send out. Less so for ladder.
That bunker rush being possible is obviously a mistake (as others have remarked). Without that the cheese gets less potent. Plus BQT was way better than Lambo during the series.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 23 2016 19:51 GMT
#126
On May 24 2016 04:33 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:23 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:22 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:18 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:17 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Couldn't Harstem have just made a nexus where the adepts currently are and mine from the gold and the blue bases at once


The gases are inside though.


But having 2 (or 3.5 because of gold) bases of minerals and 1 of gas for the price of a single nexus sounds more worth it than taking the gold as your natural


The bases aren't close enough.

edit: Dasan seems pretty suitable for a format like Proleague where you can choose the race to send out. Less so for ladder.
That bunker rush being possible is obviously a mistake (as others have remarked). Without that the cheese gets less potent. Plus BQT was way better than Lambo during the series.


Of course. Nevertheless the gameplay seen in that game didn't inspire much confidence. Hopefully we'll see more of Dasan and get a better idea.
Aunvilgodess
Profile Joined May 2016
954 Posts
May 23 2016 19:58 GMT
#127
I really like disruptor wars
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 23 2016 20:06 GMT
#128
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 23 2016 20:07 GMT
#129
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.


They'd be pretty useless then.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-23 20:08:37
May 23 2016 20:08 GMT
#130
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.

But it's already hard to hit anything with the balls as fast as they are. They're already mostly out of the meta for all Protoss MUs in Korea because Koreans just dodge.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
May 23 2016 20:15 GMT
#131
On May 24 2016 05:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.


They'd be pretty useless then.



On May 24 2016 05:08 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.

But it's already hard to hit anything with the balls as fast as they are. They're already mostly out of the meta for all Protoss MUs in Korea because Koreans just dodge.


I'm not saying its imbalanced or anything, I just don't really find it that cool of an interaction between other units. They're in the "amazing fungals" tier for me, where good ones are really good sure but most of them aren't nearly as amazing as they're made out to be
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-23 20:16:55
May 23 2016 20:16 GMT
#132
The match-up I'm looking to the most on Galactic Process is ZvP due to the natural.
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-23 20:31:10
May 23 2016 20:30 GMT
#133
On May 24 2016 05:15 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.


They'd be pretty useless then.



Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:08 Elentos wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.

But it's already hard to hit anything with the balls as fast as they are. They're already mostly out of the meta for all Protoss MUs in Korea because Koreans just dodge.


I'm not saying its imbalanced or anything, I just don't really find it that cool of an interaction between other units. They're in the "amazing fungals" tier for me, where good ones are really good sure but most of them aren't nearly as amazing as they're made out to be

they're a consistent display of skill on both sides though, while fungals were just "click on the biggest clump of units"
vibeo gane,
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 23 2016 20:33 GMT
#134
There was a colossus build in PvP during the Proleague finals. Didn't work out though.

Also Galactic Process has really impressed me this game. I thought of it only as an average finalist, but this game has really shown how well placed the ramps, rocks and LOS blockers are.
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-23 20:37:46
May 23 2016 20:36 GMT
#135
On May 24 2016 05:30 -NegativeZero- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:15 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.


They'd be pretty useless then.



On May 24 2016 05:08 Elentos wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.

But it's already hard to hit anything with the balls as fast as they are. They're already mostly out of the meta for all Protoss MUs in Korea because Koreans just dodge.


I'm not saying its imbalanced or anything, I just don't really find it that cool of an interaction between other units. They're in the "amazing fungals" tier for me, where good ones are really good sure but most of them aren't nearly as amazing as they're made out to be

they're a consistent display of skill on both sides though, while fungals were just "click on the biggest clump of units"


But they aren't. They outspeed most units, giving the player who is using the discuptor a better chance at causing damage than the player who is defending from it. And I was using "amazing fungals" as an easily understood example of the situation, not comparing WoL fungaling to disruptors.

For example that last disruptor shot that killed 6 disruptors was actually a really good shot, but randomly shaving off a few stalkers or zealots that you're already faster than isn't interesting. You're already faster than those units


EDIT: I'm curious how this map will turn out without terran
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 23 2016 20:38 GMT
#136
On May 24 2016 05:36 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:30 -NegativeZero- wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:15 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.


They'd be pretty useless then.



On May 24 2016 05:08 Elentos wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.

But it's already hard to hit anything with the balls as fast as they are. They're already mostly out of the meta for all Protoss MUs in Korea because Koreans just dodge.


I'm not saying its imbalanced or anything, I just don't really find it that cool of an interaction between other units. They're in the "amazing fungals" tier for me, where good ones are really good sure but most of them aren't nearly as amazing as they're made out to be

they're a consistent display of skill on both sides though, while fungals were just "click on the biggest clump of units"


But they aren't. They outspeed most units, giving the player who is using the discuptor a better chance at causing damage than the player who is defending from it. And I was using "amazing fungals" as an easily understood example of the situation, not comparing WoL fungaling to disruptors.

For example that last disruptor shot that killed 6 disruptors was actually a really good shot, but randomly shaving off a few stalkers or zealots that you're already faster than isn't interesting. You're already faster than those units


EDIT: I'm curious how this map will turn out without terran


You can still split to minimize damage and snipe disruptors. There's a reason why they are relatively niche in the Korean meta.
Solar424
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
United States4001 Posts
May 23 2016 20:42 GMT
#137
On May 24 2016 05:33 ZigguratOfUr wrote:

Also Galactic Process has really impressed me this game. I thought of it only as an average finalist, but this game has really shown how well placed the ramps, rocks and LOS blockers are.

Yeah turns out Cloud Kingdom was and still is a good map
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-23 20:47:52
May 23 2016 20:47 GMT
#138
On May 24 2016 05:42 Solar424 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:33 ZigguratOfUr wrote:

Also Galactic Process has really impressed me this game. I thought of it only as an average finalist, but this game has really shown how well placed the ramps, rocks and LOS blockers are.

Yeah turns out Cloud Kingdom was and still is a good map


It's also the things that are different from cloud kingdom like the ramp and watch tower placement that impressed me.

Also the current game so far feels like a game on Ulrena except with the players getting caught out by the air pathing.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 23 2016 20:48 GMT
#139
How have the PvP maps been so far? missed the first 4
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Aunvilgodess
Profile Joined May 2016
954 Posts
May 23 2016 20:52 GMT
#140
On May 24 2016 05:15 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:07 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.


They'd be pretty useless then.



Show nested quote +
On May 24 2016 05:08 Elentos wrote:
On May 24 2016 05:06 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On May 24 2016 04:58 Aunvilgodess wrote:
I really like disruptor wars


I feel like I'd like watching disruptors more if their balls weren't faster than most ground units.

But it's already hard to hit anything with the balls as fast as they are. They're already mostly out of the meta for all Protoss MUs in Korea because Koreans just dodge.


I'm not saying its imbalanced or anything, I just don't really find it that cool of an interaction between other units. They're in the "amazing fungals" tier for me, where good ones are really good sure but most of them aren't nearly as amazing as they're made out to be


The whole point is that you try to hit the other army while dodging yourself. Looks like its one of the most skill intensive things in the game.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12764
Rain 1956
Artosis 768
White-Ra 209
ToSsGirL 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever615
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1512
ArmadaUGS600
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor698
WinterStarcraft240
Other Games
summit1g8949
shahzam673
Day[9].tv635
JimRising 531
C9.Mang0294
ViBE137
Maynarde135
Trikslyr67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick809
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1097
• Day9tv635
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 29m
OSC
12h 29m
Stellar Fest
12h 29m
OSC
23h 29m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.