• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8938 users

[IEM] Taipei - Day 2 - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 44 Next All
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-02 06:34:15
February 02 2016 06:32 GMT
#441
On February 02 2016 15:21 pure.Wasted wrote:
Am I crazy or does that Gigabyte ad use a song from final Fantasy 8? I'm like 99% sure. How the hell did they get the rights. O.o


This is the song for anyone who was wondering (part in ad starts at 0:50)



I know my FF soundtracks
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
February 02 2016 06:33 GMT
#442
On February 02 2016 15:22 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:19 Phredxor wrote:
Good to see PvP still splits everyone into love/hate. This expansion looks like it just reversed everyones opinions on it

I'd say it's a massive improvement over the usual Tempests vs Tempests we saw in HOTS. There were only a handful of PvP games that I thought were entertaining, and they've mostly been documented on TL in the best games to watch categories.

I don't remember Tempest vs Tempest being that usual, but the HotS PvP meta did feel like it had way more variety than the WoL PvP meta.

I still hated Colo vs Colo wars though. The unit itself is boring and only highlighted the deathball vs deathball, single-engagement stereotype that SC2 suffered before. I'm still waiting on hope of a Colossus redesign.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
February 02 2016 06:33 GMT
#443
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
February 02 2016 06:37 GMT
#444
Honestly cannot stand all this down-time in tournaments.
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
February 02 2016 06:37 GMT
#445
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.

Less game-ending doom drops.
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 02 2016 06:37 GMT
#446
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.

Bio v mech at its peak sky wars like boxer v rain on Metalopolis, tank wars that pretty damn crazy, and more than simply be cheesy af
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
February 02 2016 06:38 GMT
#447
marine tank chess games
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-02 06:39:52
February 02 2016 06:39 GMT
#448
"New guy" wtf

Ever heard of ghostking???

Fucking new guy
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
February 02 2016 06:39 GMT
#449
On February 02 2016 15:32 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:21 pure.Wasted wrote:
Am I crazy or does that Gigabyte ad use a song from final Fantasy 8? I'm like 99% sure. How the hell did they get the rights. O.o


This is the song for anyone who was wondering (part in ad starts at 0:50)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6BtJaBQmo&t=0m50s

I know my FF soundtracks


Good track. From the training mission in Dollet isn't it? FF soundtracks are always quality.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-02 06:40:38
February 02 2016 06:39 GMT
#450
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.


WoL TvT has multiple and varied build orders and could be played economically, strategically, tactically, aggressive, defensive, multiple compositions, aggressive, defensive, a combination of any of these, mindgames. It could be high octane or a slow burn into an explosion of movement. Each move had an impact on the rest of the map and changed the objectives of how both players had to play at any given time.

I generally account WoL TvT as the time when Polt/Mvp tactical and strategical revolutions became rote in the meta. Though there are games before then (Jinro vs Ensnare, MKP vs Nada TvTs) before then that are still worth watching.
Moderator
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
February 02 2016 06:40 GMT
#451
On February 02 2016 15:39 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.


WoL TvT has multiple and varied build orders and could be played economically, strategically, tactically, aggressive, defensive, multiple compositions, aggressive, defensive, a combination of any of these, mindgames. It could be high octane or a slow burn into an explosion of movement. Each move had an impact on the rest of the map and changed the objectives of how both players had to play at any given time.


aka GOAT match up. Maybe 2nd to old TvZ

Also I really want byunjwa to win
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 02 2016 06:41 GMT
#452
On February 02 2016 15:39 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.


WoL TvT has multiple and varied build orders and could be played economically, strategically, tactically, aggressive, defensive, multiple compositions, aggressive, defensive, a combination of any of these, mindgames. It could be high octane or a slow burn into an explosion of movement. Each move had an impact on the rest of the map and changed the objectives of how both players had to play at any given time.

I generally account WoL TvT as the time when Polt/Mvp tactical and strategical revolutions became rote in the meta. Though there are games before then (Jinro vs Ensnare, MKP vs Nada TvTs) before then that are still worth watching.

Oh the polt mma mvp triangle of old :D
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Superbanana
Profile Joined May 2014
2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-02 06:42:17
February 02 2016 06:41 GMT
#453
I agree the disruptor micro outweights other stuff too much, but i still think they are a great addition to PvP. A disruptor nerf sounds like a good idea, or just a change to make them more forgiving/less unforgiving. As long as they are not worse vs zerg ofc.

And yeah, WoL TvT was awesome.
In PvZ the zerg can make the situation spire out of control but protoss can adept to the situation.
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
February 02 2016 06:42 GMT
#454
On February 02 2016 15:39 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.


WoL TvT has multiple and varied build orders and could be played economically, strategically, tactically, aggressive, defensive, multiple compositions, aggressive, defensive, a combination of any of these, mindgames. It could be high octane or a slow burn into an explosion of movement. Each move had an impact on the rest of the map and changed the objectives of how both players had to play at any given time.

I generally account WoL TvT as the time when Polt/Mvp tactical and strategical revolutions became rote in the meta. Though there are games before then (Jinro vs Ensnare, MKP vs Nada TvTs) before then that are still worth watching.


Well, that's a shame that TvT has changed then. Maybe make Medivacs boostless only in TvT?
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
February 02 2016 06:42 GMT
#455
my body is ready for a terran tournament victory
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 02 2016 06:43 GMT
#456
On February 02 2016 15:42 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:39 stuchiu wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.


WoL TvT has multiple and varied build orders and could be played economically, strategically, tactically, aggressive, defensive, multiple compositions, aggressive, defensive, a combination of any of these, mindgames. It could be high octane or a slow burn into an explosion of movement. Each move had an impact on the rest of the map and changed the objectives of how both players had to play at any given time.

I generally account WoL TvT as the time when Polt/Mvp tactical and strategical revolutions became rote in the meta. Though there are games before then (Jinro vs Ensnare, MKP vs Nada TvTs) before then that are still worth watching.


Well, that's a shame that TvT has changed then. Maybe make Medivacs boostless?

Holy fuck thats brilliant
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
February 02 2016 06:43 GMT
#457
Final Fantasy VIII <3 best soundtrack
KT FlaSh FOREVER
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 02 2016 06:43 GMT
#458
On February 02 2016 15:42 Noonius wrote:
my body is ready for a terran tournament victory

Yea, too bad its not Maru v sOs
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
February 02 2016 06:43 GMT
#459
On February 02 2016 15:43 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 15:42 swissman777 wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:39 stuchiu wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:33 geokilla wrote:
On February 02 2016 15:26 stuchiu wrote:
I thought HotS PvP was smarter and had players predict/play probabilities more. The disruptor micro outweighs all other decisions in the game, but it's easy to quantify for spectators I guess. I'm not invested in it one way or the other.

I only want WoL TvT back. FUCK

That's true. Disruptor shots literally one hit everything it gets to blow up on whereas back in HOTS, nothing was really one hit k-o. Maybe a nerf is in order? So far that's the only flaw I have with Disruptors and Ravagers, which is their attacks being way too strong.

What was WoL TvT like? I don't remember at all. Been easy too long.


WoL TvT has multiple and varied build orders and could be played economically, strategically, tactically, aggressive, defensive, multiple compositions, aggressive, defensive, a combination of any of these, mindgames. It could be high octane or a slow burn into an explosion of movement. Each move had an impact on the rest of the map and changed the objectives of how both players had to play at any given time.

I generally account WoL TvT as the time when Polt/Mvp tactical and strategical revolutions became rote in the meta. Though there are games before then (Jinro vs Ensnare, MKP vs Nada TvTs) before then that are still worth watching.


Well, that's a shame that TvT has changed then. Maybe make Medivacs boostless?

Holy fuck thats brilliant


Hey, come on I wrote more than that
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 02 2016 06:44 GMT
#460
On February 02 2016 15:43 Lunareste wrote:
Final Fantasy VIII <3 best soundtrack

PMD best soundtrack
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1273
WardiTV608
OGKoka 196
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko392
OGKoka 196
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11353
Bisu 3680
FanTaSy 2754
Shuttle 2055
Jaedong 1110
actioN 840
BeSt 684
Horang2 545
EffOrt 527
Leta 206
[ Show more ]
Zeus 194
Larva 175
Barracks 113
Dewaltoss 109
Mind 101
Mini 85
Mong 79
sorry 51
soO 49
ToSsGirL 48
Sexy 47
Sea.KH 46
JYJ 45
scan(afreeca) 45
Bale 34
Killer 30
Shinee 30
sSak 28
Free 27
Snow 26
Aegong 21
HiyA 16
zelot 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 8
Yoon 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3311
Dendi775
XaKoH 343
qojqva171
Counter-Strike
x6flipin304
Other Games
singsing2555
Livibee2056
olofmeister1328
B2W.Neo667
crisheroes312
Pyrionflax220
hiko196
XBOCT194
dupreeh97
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 7949
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN152
UltimateBattle 99
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• WagamamaTV162
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 40m
Replay Cast
10h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.