• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:06
CEST 05:06
KST 12:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8334 users

[WCS] Ro16 Day 3 - Season 3 2015 - Page 34

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 74 Next
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#661
Hydra!!!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#662
I hate roach wars.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#663
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#664
Violet getting crushed only makes me sad because env is not seeing their investment into sc. scene pay off :/
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-10 19:16:07
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#665
On September 11 2015 04:12 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:10 Ej_ wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

here I'm going to start bringing up this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/461621-sc2-notes-3-base-blink-attack-pvz over a year old guide that actually reference's Classic's game from June 2014 to break the myth of French players inventing and popularising +2 blink T__T

I think PartinG and MC used versions of those builds too. But in the foreign scene French players were definitely the ones leading that trend.

1st time I saw it, it was PartinG taking an empty 3rd for a 10gate all-in on MGR.
I never really got the impression of French people popularizing it, it just felt like other foreigners later on taking after the Korean meta which started phazing out collossi in favor of just 8min 3rd with blink->storm
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#666
Do you believe in a thing called roach ?
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#667
violet seems he does not care at all right now
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-10 19:15:09
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#668
basetrade or not, zvz is still the worst mirror
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#669
WCS had been making me like ZvZ thus far this week, but this series was so meh.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-10 19:16:23
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#670
Observer didn't highlight it, but Violet was ~10 seconds away from finishing +2 attack. That clutch Contaminate won Hydra the game.

On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good


Even at his best, he wasn't that amazing.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#671
On September 11 2015 04:14 Yorkie wrote:
Violet getting crushed only makes me sad because env is not seeing their investment into sc. scene pay off :/

If they wanted it to pay off, they would partner with a good team or buy a great korean looking to go abroad
The Bomber boy
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#672
On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good


I really don't get how a new team went into esports and sponsored violet of all people. I mean he seems like a cool guy but it just seems weird to enter a new game and go with him as your sole player
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 10 2015 19:15 GMT
#673
On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good

yeah but then HoTS came out
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
September 10 2015 19:15 GMT
#674
On September 11 2015 04:14 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good


I really don't get how a new team went into esports and sponsored violet of all people. I mean he seems like a cool guy but it just seems weird to enter a new game and go with him as your sole player

because he is likable and is based in the US. he can sell his swag easier.
The Bomber boy
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
September 10 2015 19:15 GMT
#675
On September 11 2015 04:11 Solar424 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

I agree let's have GSL, S2SL, and WCS Korea. I just want Koreans all day long

I miss old Code A/Up&Down matches where we could see rising talent. Now every league has this stupid "win this Bo5 or do nothing for 3 months" format.

yea all the big Code A formats were cool, especially when they used to have a champion
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 10 2015 19:16 GMT
#676
On September 11 2015 04:14 Wintex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:14 Yorkie wrote:
Violet getting crushed only makes me sad because env is not seeing their investment into sc. scene pay off :/

If they wanted it to pay off, they would partner with a good team or buy a great korean looking to go abroad

yeah doesnt seem like they are making much of an effort
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
September 10 2015 19:16 GMT
#677
On September 11 2015 04:15 Wintex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:14 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good


I really don't get how a new team went into esports and sponsored violet of all people. I mean he seems like a cool guy but it just seems weird to enter a new game and go with him as your sole player

because he is likable and is based in the US. he can sell his swag easier.


But there are plenty of American players who are likable, based in the US, and can sell swag.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 10 2015 19:16 GMT
#678
Hopefully Hydra can crush Elazer to right the earlier wrong this week.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
September 10 2015 19:16 GMT
#679
On September 11 2015 04:16 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:15 Wintex wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:14 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good


I really don't get how a new team went into esports and sponsored violet of all people. I mean he seems like a cool guy but it just seems weird to enter a new game and go with him as your sole player

because he is likable and is based in the US. he can sell his swag easier.


But there are plenty of American players who are likable, based in the US, and can sell swag.

yeah but viOlet is Korean so he can win too
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:17 GMT
#680
On September 11 2015 04:15 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:14 Darkhorse wrote:
sigh I remember 2012 when Violet was good

yeah but then HoTS came out

I think the part that really ended his skill was when he got DQ'd from two straight WCS seasons because of his visa issues in 2013.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 194
Terrorterran 21
Bale 18
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm214
League of Legends
Doublelift6244
JimRising 773
Counter-Strike
taco 340
Other Games
summit1g13569
C9.Mang0368
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1270
BasetradeTV156
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo359
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 54m
Replay Cast
19h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.