• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:09
CEST 12:09
KST 19:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11518 users

[WCS] Ro16 Day 3 - Season 3 2015 - Page 33

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 74 Next
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 10 2015 19:08 GMT
#641
OMG, Hydra has placed his buildings exactly like I do on Bridgehead. He is literally copying my build orders!
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 10 2015 19:08 GMT
#642
On September 11 2015 04:07 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:06 BaneRiders wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:02 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

Meh I just like good games idc what you call it haha


You 2 WCS torneys in Korea and this one. Just watch the other two if this doesn't rock your boat then.

two Korean tourneys but Lilbow can still pass Dark in WCS points easily smh

Lilbow playing in half the WCS tournaments but can still pass Dark literally 2x the player Dark is proven by science
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 10 2015 19:09 GMT
#643
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:39 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
Yup you're the people who helped make it this way. The people who are far more interested what the players look like out of game than they're play in game. Koreans just so boring amirite?


Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.


I can see the different opinion, but was it really stupid? It was played in America, on American servers. I can certainly see where the name came from.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:09 GMT
#644
On September 11 2015 04:08 Big J wrote:
OMG, Hydra has placed his buildings exactly like I do on Bridgehead. He is literally copying my build orders!

Careful. Catz likes to take credit for every Korean Zergs build orders he might get mad at you
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-10 19:10:39
September 10 2015 19:10 GMT
#645
On September 11 2015 04:07 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:06 BaneRiders wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:02 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

Meh I just like good games idc what you call it haha


You 2 WCS torneys in Korea and this one. Just watch the other two if this doesn't rock your boat then.

two Korean tourneys but Lilbow can still pass Dark in WCS points easily smh

Dark's mediocre ZvP has really hurt him this year
Especially since the SH nerf.
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
September 10 2015 19:10 GMT
#646
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

here I'm going to start bringing up this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/461621-sc2-notes-3-base-blink-attack-pvz over a year old guide that actually reference's Classic's game from June 2014 to break the myth of French players inventing and popularising +2 blink T__T
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 10 2015 19:11 GMT
#647
On September 11 2015 04:06 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

I agree. Some Protoss players play awesome PvZ but not all that much anymore

And I don't think Lilbow is that good but I also don't think there are foreigners who are better

Personal opinion here, PvZ in the early days of HotS, when swarm host play was not extremely well figured out and no one played FireCake-like cancerous styles, was the match-up I enjoyed watching and playing the most in all SC2. It had everything, variety from both sides, early and midgame pivotal points, strong lategame options for both sides... Life, Soulkey, sOs, Rain, Zest, Leenock, NaNiwa, soO, Jaedong, Dear, hell even Stardust, all those players had distinctive and fun styles and the mu was never the same. Now everyone warps in stalkers and it's up to the Z to make the difference, fortunately we have guys like Solar and TRUE to shake up this meta that is even staler (stalker ?) than PvT ever was.
Solar424
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
United States4001 Posts
September 10 2015 19:11 GMT
#648
On September 11 2015 04:03 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

I agree let's have GSL, S2SL, and WCS Korea. I just want Koreans all day long

I miss old Code A/Up&Down matches where we could see rising talent. Now every league has this stupid "win this Bo5 or do nothing for 3 months" format.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
September 10 2015 19:11 GMT
#649
On September 11 2015 04:08 Big J wrote:
OMG, Hydra has placed his buildings exactly like I do on Bridgehead. He is literally copying my build orders!

I just wall the ramp because you can fit more evos there in case your first one gets bane busted
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 10 2015 19:12 GMT
#650
On September 11 2015 04:10 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

here I'm going to start bringing up this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/461621-sc2-notes-3-base-blink-attack-pvz over a year old guide that actually reference's Classic's game from June 2014 to break the myth of French players inventing and popularising +2 blink T__T

I never thought they invented it I just think every french toss player does it and they do it in the vast majority of their ZvPs whereas others mix it up more
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-10 19:13:17
September 10 2015 19:12 GMT
#651
On September 11 2015 04:10 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

here I'm going to start bringing up this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/461621-sc2-notes-3-base-blink-attack-pvz over a year old guide that actually reference's Classic's game from June 2014 to break the myth of French players inventing and popularising +2 blink T__T

I think PartinG and MC used versions of those builds too. But in the foreign scene French players were definitely the ones leading that trend, and it's the fact they used that build exclusively as a go-to build with answers to virtually everything that had people intrigued.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:12 GMT
#652
On September 11 2015 04:11 Solar424 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

I agree let's have GSL, S2SL, and WCS Korea. I just want Koreans all day long

I miss old Code A/Up&Down matches where we could see rising talent. Now every league has this stupid "win this Bo5 or do nothing for 3 months" format.

agreed
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
September 10 2015 19:12 GMT
#653
On September 11 2015 04:11 Solar424 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

I agree let's have GSL, S2SL, and WCS Korea. I just want Koreans all day long

I miss old Code A/Up&Down matches where we could see rising talent. Now every league has this stupid "win this Bo5 or do nothing for 3 months" format.

I want groups too.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 10 2015 19:12 GMT
#654
On September 11 2015 04:10 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

here I'm going to start bringing up this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/461621-sc2-notes-3-base-blink-attack-pvz over a year old guide that actually reference's Classic's game from June 2014 to break the myth of French players inventing and popularising +2 blink T__T

didn't herO actually invent that playstyle (or at least lay the roots for it) even before that when everybody else was doing stargate openings and he went fast third into blink timings?
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:13 GMT
#655
On September 11 2015 04:10 Durnuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:07 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:06 BaneRiders wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:02 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

Meh I just like good games idc what you call it haha


You 2 WCS torneys in Korea and this one. Just watch the other two if this doesn't rock your boat then.

two Korean tourneys but Lilbow can still pass Dark in WCS points easily smh

Dark's mediocre ZvP has really hurt him this year
Especially since the SH nerf.

Yeah I've been sad that he's dropped the ball in individual leagues this year. He's had some rough group draws to be sure but he's also not been as good in GSL/S2SL as he has been elsewhere
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
September 10 2015 19:13 GMT
#656
violet had the game...he had it
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
September 10 2015 19:13 GMT
#657
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I Protoss winner, could it be?
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 10 2015 19:13 GMT
#658
Come on Hydra, now the local guy.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
September 10 2015 19:13 GMT
#659
thanks for the entertaining game, violet
The Bomber boy
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
September 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#660
today, ZvZ was pretty cool
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7894
Hyuk 615
Horang2 528
BeSt 470
FanTaSy 340
Stork 169
Pusan 100
sorry 100
Shinee 89
Killer 79
[ Show more ]
Hyun 65
Mind 61
ggaemo 59
Snow 47
Bonyth 45
Bale 41
Zeus 40
Hm[arnc] 31
PianO 29
JYJ 28
Sacsri 17
ToSsGirL 12
Last 12
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe84
League of Legends
JimRising 455
Counter-Strike
byalli167
x6flipin31
Other Games
gofns31892
singsing2189
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Adnapsc2 22
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2297
League of Legends
• Lourlo1230
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 51m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 51m
Replay Cast
12h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 51m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.