• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8522 users

[WCS] Ro16 Day 3 - Season 3 2015 - Page 32

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 74 Next
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
September 10 2015 19:01 GMT
#621
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:39 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:37 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

I think it's entertaining. I love the upsets, and if there were any more Koreans playing today I probably wouldn't even be watching tbh. I planned on taking a nap for this next group but I think I'll have some faith in Elazer.

Yup you're the people who helped make it this way. The people who are far more interested what the players look like out of game than they're play in game. Koreans just so boring amirite?


Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 10 2015 19:01 GMT
#622
On September 11 2015 04:01 ossavi09 wrote:
this ZvZ is the worst game ive ever seen by 2 koreans =O mass lings attacking buildings while the base is open etc. and hydra almost lost anyway... lol

best thing was banelings blowing up broodlings
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 10 2015 19:01 GMT
#623
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:39 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
Yup you're the people who helped make it this way. The people who are far more interested what the players look like out of game than they're play in game. Koreans just so boring amirite?


Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Should but given the way this season is going it'll be a 5 game series of messy games with GFB winning in the end to end all foreign hope what a god
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
TheAnarchy
Profile Joined January 2010
Chile1105 Posts
September 10 2015 19:01 GMT
#624
Forgg will slay JD
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 10 2015 19:02 GMT
#625
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:39 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
Yup you're the people who helped make it this way. The people who are far more interested what the players look like out of game than they're play in game. Koreans just so boring amirite?


Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

Meh I just like good games idc what you call it haha
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
September 10 2015 19:02 GMT
#626
On September 11 2015 04:01 TheAnarchy wrote:
Forgg will slay JD

Yes he will and it won't be pretty.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
September 10 2015 19:03 GMT
#627
On September 11 2015 04:01 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 ossavi09 wrote:
this ZvZ is the worst game ive ever seen by 2 koreans =O mass lings attacking buildings while the base is open etc. and hydra almost lost anyway... lol

best thing was banelings blowing up broodlings

I mean one of the best ways to deal with old SHs in ZvZ was actually bane busting the locusts
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
September 10 2015 19:03 GMT
#628
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

you can acknowledge the fact that gungfubanda has the edge over lilbow when it comes to pvp if they play each other and still cheer as hard as a baguette for lilbow haha
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:03 GMT
#629
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:39 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
Yup you're the people who helped make it this way. The people who are far more interested what the players look like out of game than they're play in game. Koreans just so boring amirite?


Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

I agree let's have GSL, S2SL, and WCS Korea. I just want Koreans all day long
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
kaykoose
Profile Joined February 2014
United States2302 Posts
September 10 2015 19:03 GMT
#630
On September 11 2015 03:56 Darkhorse wrote:
Why do people all of the sudden think Hydra is good lmao


Hydra has been super overrated since coming to America. His "takeover" has been nothing like Polt's in 2013
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 10 2015 19:04 GMT
#631
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:04 GMT
#632
On September 11 2015 04:03 Makro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

you can acknowledge the fact that gungfubanda has the edge over lilbow when it comes to pvp if they play each other and still cheer as hard as a baguette for lilbow haha

To be fair I don't follow SC2 that much anymore and I especially don't know the intricacies of the EU scene. So GF could very well have the edge. I'm just going off the fact that Lilbow is basically the best foreigner right now lel
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 10 2015 19:05 GMT
#633
On September 11 2015 04:03 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 ossavi09 wrote:
this ZvZ is the worst game ive ever seen by 2 koreans =O mass lings attacking buildings while the base is open etc. and hydra almost lost anyway... lol

best thing was banelings blowing up broodlings

I mean one of the best ways to deal with old SHs in ZvZ was actually bane busting the locusts

yeah that was awesome. I remember Starbuck doing that on expedition lost, mass banelings to wipe out the locusts, ultras cleaned out the rest. A thing of beauty
Faefae
Profile Joined June 2014
2203 Posts
September 10 2015 19:06 GMT
#634
Carmac on fire..
ForGG. 29/11/2014
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
September 10 2015 19:06 GMT
#635
On September 11 2015 04:02 Yorkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:41 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Great success, then. I'm interested in seeing the foreign scene do well, not seeing which 6-7 lesser Koreans can beat eachother 3 times a year outside of Korea. It's not about race, like you're trying to make it sound. I do keep up with proleague and GSL. But the same few Koreans farming a foreign tournament isn't fun to watch.

If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

Meh I just like good games idc what you call it haha


You 2 WCS torneys in Korea and this one. Just watch the other two if this doesn't rock your boat then.
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:06 GMT
#636
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

I agree. Some Protoss players play awesome PvZ but not all that much anymore

And I don't think Lilbow is that good but I also don't think there are foreigners who are better
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 10 2015 19:06 GMT
#637
On September 11 2015 04:06 Faefae wrote:
Carmac on fire..
https://twitter.com/EGJaedong/status/642051071997816833

HA HA HA
Would definitely buy it.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2015 19:07 GMT
#638
On September 11 2015 04:06 BaneRiders wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:02 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:01 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:45 Yorkie wrote:
[quote]
If this is your definition of the foreign scene doing well...EU player improved greatly last year but now with region lock have stagnated and still none of them are gonna make blizzcon. And those 6-7 lesser Koreans have all shown they can compete with best at Blizzcon and back in Korea this year and they sure as hell showed much better games than what we've seen this week. The highlight of WCS this year was Polt vs Hydra, other than that it's been a wet noodle fight to see who gets crushed at the end when the Koreans remember that they're much better. I'm sorry but I really can't see how that's better than what we saw last year


Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Then call it WCS Korea 2 and make them play in Seoul but certainly not WCS America. That was just stupid.

Meh I just like good games idc what you call it haha


You 2 WCS torneys in Korea and this one. Just watch the other two if this doesn't rock your boat then.

two Korean tourneys but Lilbow can still pass Dark in WCS points easily smh
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-10 19:07:38
September 10 2015 19:07 GMT
#639
https://twitter.com/EGJaedong/status/642051071997816833?

https://twitter.com/EGJaedong/status/642051180831621120?

:D
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
September 10 2015 19:07 GMT
#640
On September 11 2015 04:04 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2015 04:01 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 04:00 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:59 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:56 Die4Ever wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:54 Boucot wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:53 hitpoint wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:51 Yorkie wrote:
On September 11 2015 03:48 hitpoint wrote:
[quote]

Yes, all of what you said, and having a tournament that people actually care to watch. If a foreigner reaches the finals the viewers will be double. That is my definition of the foreign scene doing well.

I mean don't get me wrong the tournament needs Koreans or it doesn't feel legitimate. Even if they are lesser ones. But they need to be dropping series/being upset for it to be entertaining.

WCS season 1 finals of 2 Koreans had roughly the same viewers as season 2 finals with a foreigner. Your point is invalid. And if the only thing you find entertaining in sc. is foreigners beating Koreans then frankly I'm impressed you've hung around this long given it barely ever happens


Well, I was hardly following it for about a year. Thank God for region lock am I right?

I mean, I was making fun of GFB, Zanster, etc being in the Ro8 but seeing 16 Koreans in the Ro16 of WCS America was way dumber.

...I enjoyed that more lol, I miss Hyun, Bomber, Alicia, MC, MMA, Stardust, San, Pigbaby, Taeja, HerO...some of those we still see but not as much and not competing together

Agreed. We had some really good ro8s and onwards. i feel like watching a bo5 between Lilbow and GFB is gonna be mind numbing lol

Won't be that bad. Lilbow should bop him probably

Gungfu has really good PvP, I give him a fairly big edge over Lilbow.

You are the first Frenchman that doesn't live and die by the baguette

I've never been much impressed by Lilbow. And I have to admit I really dislike what PvZ has become under the impulsion of French players, I miss early HotS days with phoenix...

A french person who doesn't like the lame baguette protoss style huzzah!
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft533
Nina 170
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13750
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4332
Other Games
summit1g9418
FrodaN3321
JimRising 581
KnowMe192
ViBE114
ArmadaUGS109
Mew2King61
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1264
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream112
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• Letter146
• davetesta5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 29m
INu's Battles
11h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 29m
Replay Cast
22h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.