• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7705 users

[SPL] Samsung Khan vs. CJ Entus R1 - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 40 Next All
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
December 30 2012 07:17 GMT
#301
On December 30 2012 16:16 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:14 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:11 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:56 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:52 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:50 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:41 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:37 BretZ wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:36 Sadist wrote:
[quote]


I obviously know this I just am wondering how good these guys are because some of the games I watch look like my ladder games and there have to be players in korea better than this.


How is ladder rank indicative of skill?..



??????? it isn't but if you played the game at all you would imagine things like skyhigh making a critical composition mistake and this last game wouldn't happen. Its not indicative of the best players obviously but it would be indicative of a general/minimum level.


Now that I realize it is basically KESPA only teams this makes sense. I'm still curious as to the skill level of the lowest players. The worst pros in BW who were only practice partners were still godly and would rape face vs just about anyone when you ran into them on iccup/pgt etc. They only looked bad by comparison to the top players. Some of these guys make mistakes that make you wonder how good they really are.


Put it this way: GSL 2013 season 1

Code S Kespa players: Bogus, Soulkey, Roro, Baby
Up and Down players: Flying, Trap. Flash, Jaedong, Fantasy, Bbyong, sOs

I don't understand what you're trying to say...?

I think he's saying that that is pretty good representation at the GSL level (highest esf). so obviously some Kespa guys are really competitive with the best GSL players. which means they are, in general, competitive as a whole against esf players, skill wise.


That logic is so flawed. Yes, the top Kespa players can compete with the top eSF players. But right now, the 30th eSF player is much better than the 30th Kespa player.

you're sure of that?


Yes, if you look at results. There are 50 players in code S/Up and Downs. With 11 Kespa players and 30+ eSF players. Can the Kespa player take games off the eSF player? Sure. But so can the 30th rank foreigner. But overall, I would say the 30th eSF is the overall better player.


"Taking games off" isn't indicative of anything. Combatex took a game off Parting in a Bo3. It's a poor standard to judge things by.


Caihead knows whats up
Jaedong & Faker
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
December 30 2012 07:17 GMT
#302
On December 30 2012 16:16 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:14 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:11 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:56 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:52 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:50 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:41 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:37 BretZ wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:36 Sadist wrote:
[quote]


I obviously know this I just am wondering how good these guys are because some of the games I watch look like my ladder games and there have to be players in korea better than this.


How is ladder rank indicative of skill?..



??????? it isn't but if you played the game at all you would imagine things like skyhigh making a critical composition mistake and this last game wouldn't happen. Its not indicative of the best players obviously but it would be indicative of a general/minimum level.


Now that I realize it is basically KESPA only teams this makes sense. I'm still curious as to the skill level of the lowest players. The worst pros in BW who were only practice partners were still godly and would rape face vs just about anyone when you ran into them on iccup/pgt etc. They only looked bad by comparison to the top players. Some of these guys make mistakes that make you wonder how good they really are.


Put it this way: GSL 2013 season 1

Code S Kespa players: Bogus, Soulkey, Roro, Baby
Up and Down players: Flying, Trap. Flash, Jaedong, Fantasy, Bbyong, sOs

I don't understand what you're trying to say...?

I think he's saying that that is pretty good representation at the GSL level (highest esf). so obviously some Kespa guys are really competitive with the best GSL players. which means they are, in general, competitive as a whole against esf players, skill wise.


That logic is so flawed. Yes, the top Kespa players can compete with the top eSF players. But right now, the 30th eSF player is much better than the 30th Kespa player.

you're sure of that?


Yes, if you look at results. There are 50 players in code S/Up and Downs. With 11 Kespa players and 30+ eSF players. Can the Kespa player take games off the eSF player? Sure. But so can the 30th rank foreigner. But overall, I would say the 30th eSF is the overall better player.


"Taking games off" isn't indicative of anything. Combatex took a game off Parting in a Bo3. It's a poor standard to judge things by.


Did you read my post at all?
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 30 2012 07:17 GMT
#303
startale would never lose a match in proleague, you're kidding yourselves ;o
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
December 30 2012 07:17 GMT
#304
All this talk about eSF vs Kespa guys isn't really a legit comparison... once HotS comes out, meta games reset to zero then the real look at the two organizations will be legitimate.
Taipoka
Profile Joined November 2012
Brazil1224 Posts
December 30 2012 07:17 GMT
#305
On December 30 2012 16:06 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:01 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:59 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:48 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:43 HanFuzi wrote:
The fact that we're used to ladder makes skill seem more static than it actually is.
The relative skill of pros varies even day to day, based on many things.



thats obvious. But im curious as to why some of these guys are playing in televised matches if they arent very good. Im all for giving them a chance to get better and keeping them on the roster to work their way up to the team, but some of these guys I would bet you could grab people from bnet who would be more likely to get a win for your team.


Maybe they all are really good and just look bad comparatively, thats why I was asking what the skill level of some of the players was because I have no point of reference. As I said, when I would play a progamer in BW, it was pretty obvious you were playing a pro just by the way they played, you could feel it because they were able to dictate the game and reacted much faster than most non korean players did. I haven't played any korean pros in SC2 (not that im very good at this game anyway) but I was wondering if it was kinda the same thing.

The whole Kespa vs Esf thing makes me curious about the skill level of the average kespa player vs a guy who is on an esf team. Seems like the kespa guys can get by on reputation and potential so just because they are on a pro team doesnt mean they are very good. I would expect the opposite for esf teams since you basically had to earn your way on since the teams have been around for quite a while now.


Think this way.
Good kespa players are on par with good esf players.
Bad kespa players are on par with bad esf players.
I think whats confusing you is that bad kespa players need to play in this format, while
esf focus more on individual leagues.
And team play is all-kill format.

I dunno man... I feel like a lineup of YongHwa, Yoda, First, Losira, Happy would pretty much destroy any KeSPA team. And that's not even playing their three champions.

And ST could probably just play their ZeNEX lineup and still smash face.


It doesnt change my point :D
I dont see a bad player in this ST lineup :D


Well, it is because you are defining the player already with good and bad.

It is like saying a good Korean is on par with a good foreigner and a bad Korean is on par with a bad foreigner. Which is true as well. But you just have a lot more 'good' Koreans compare to 'good' foreigners.

The only way to compare would be to see how the 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th players from both sides stack up against each other. Right now, you have to give the advantage to eSF. But I think when HoTS comes out, we will see that gap close a lot more.


Its fair. And thats my point about the original comment but with other point of view.
Not about quantity but just quality. bad = bad, good = good
But appart from ST, i dont see other esf team with a lineup with players on the same level.
Even if its a better level than kespa teams, it still have a big difference between players in the same team.
And in the 7th day, Flash stopped macroing the universe.
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
December 30 2012 07:18 GMT
#306
On December 30 2012 16:16 GTPGlitch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:01 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:59 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:48 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:43 HanFuzi wrote:
The fact that we're used to ladder makes skill seem more static than it actually is.
The relative skill of pros varies even day to day, based on many things.



thats obvious. But im curious as to why some of these guys are playing in televised matches if they arent very good. Im all for giving them a chance to get better and keeping them on the roster to work their way up to the team, but some of these guys I would bet you could grab people from bnet who would be more likely to get a win for your team.


Maybe they all are really good and just look bad comparatively, thats why I was asking what the skill level of some of the players was because I have no point of reference. As I said, when I would play a progamer in BW, it was pretty obvious you were playing a pro just by the way they played, you could feel it because they were able to dictate the game and reacted much faster than most non korean players did. I haven't played any korean pros in SC2 (not that im very good at this game anyway) but I was wondering if it was kinda the same thing.

The whole Kespa vs Esf thing makes me curious about the skill level of the average kespa player vs a guy who is on an esf team. Seems like the kespa guys can get by on reputation and potential so just because they are on a pro team doesnt mean they are very good. I would expect the opposite for esf teams since you basically had to earn your way on since the teams have been around for quite a while now.


Think this way.
Good kespa players are on par with good esf players.
Bad kespa players are on par with bad esf players.
I think whats confusing you is that bad kespa players need to play in this format, while
esf focus more on individual leagues.
And team play is all-kill format.

I dunno man... I feel like a lineup of YongHwa, Yoda, First, Losira, Happy would pretty much destroy any KeSPA team. And that's not even playing their three champions.

And ST could probably just play their ZeNEX lineup and still smash face.


It doesnt change my point :D
I dont see a bad player in this ST lineup :D


lists 5 Code S level players from ST then says T8 would beat them

Wat?
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
December 30 2012 07:18 GMT
#307
On December 30 2012 16:11 Aerisky wrote:
Yaaay Khan fans emerging from out of the woodwork :3

Would be REALLY nice if it doesn't get to an ace match though, because Effort...wait...I traded him off my anti for Soulkey...who already won today...never mind ;___;

effort in ace match would be free win for khan

you just have to send a protoss
Moderator。◕‿◕。
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
December 30 2012 07:19 GMT
#308
On December 30 2012 16:17 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:14 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:11 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:56 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:52 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:50 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:41 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:37 BretZ wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:36 Sadist wrote:
[quote]


I obviously know this I just am wondering how good these guys are because some of the games I watch look like my ladder games and there have to be players in korea better than this.


How is ladder rank indicative of skill?..



??????? it isn't but if you played the game at all you would imagine things like skyhigh making a critical composition mistake and this last game wouldn't happen. Its not indicative of the best players obviously but it would be indicative of a general/minimum level.


Now that I realize it is basically KESPA only teams this makes sense. I'm still curious as to the skill level of the lowest players. The worst pros in BW who were only practice partners were still godly and would rape face vs just about anyone when you ran into them on iccup/pgt etc. They only looked bad by comparison to the top players. Some of these guys make mistakes that make you wonder how good they really are.


Put it this way: GSL 2013 season 1

Code S Kespa players: Bogus, Soulkey, Roro, Baby
Up and Down players: Flying, Trap. Flash, Jaedong, Fantasy, Bbyong, sOs

I don't understand what you're trying to say...?

I think he's saying that that is pretty good representation at the GSL level (highest esf). so obviously some Kespa guys are really competitive with the best GSL players. which means they are, in general, competitive as a whole against esf players, skill wise.


That logic is so flawed. Yes, the top Kespa players can compete with the top eSF players. But right now, the 30th eSF player is much better than the 30th Kespa player.

you're sure of that?


Yes, if you look at results. There are 50 players in code S/Up and Downs. With 11 Kespa players and 30+ eSF players. Can the Kespa player take games off the eSF player? Sure. But so can the 30th rank foreigner. But overall, I would say the 30th eSF is the overall better player.

but much better?

I would say that they are better, but not much better. which means that my point stands that Kespa pros are competitive.

and also, your logic is also flawed. less Kespa players have even attempted to get into GSL, and further, they have had less time to establish themselves in GSL. that doesn't mean their skill is any less.


Almost all the Kespa pros went to the Code B qualifiers for 2 seasons... Better and much better depends on interpretation as does competitive. Are Korean better or much better than foreigners?
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 07:20:44
December 30 2012 07:20 GMT
#309
On December 30 2012 16:18 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:11 Aerisky wrote:
Yaaay Khan fans emerging from out of the woodwork :3

Would be REALLY nice if it doesn't get to an ace match though, because Effort...wait...I traded him off my anti for Soulkey...who already won today...never mind ;___;

effort in ace match would be free win for khan

you just have to send a protoss

OHAI Harem :D

Oh hm, didn't know toss was super effective against Effort >.< perhaps we have a chance after all~

Not sure what kind of mindgames would go on, but then I suppose herO would be the one to be afraid of.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 07:24:10
December 30 2012 07:21 GMT
#310
On December 30 2012 16:13 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:11 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:56 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:52 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:50 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:41 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:37 BretZ wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:36 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:34 GhostKorean wrote:
[quote]
Kespa pros didn't ladder much in bw



I obviously know this I just am wondering how good these guys are because some of the games I watch look like my ladder games and there have to be players in korea better than this.


How is ladder rank indicative of skill?..



??????? it isn't but if you played the game at all you would imagine things like skyhigh making a critical composition mistake and this last game wouldn't happen. Its not indicative of the best players obviously but it would be indicative of a general/minimum level.


Now that I realize it is basically KESPA only teams this makes sense. I'm still curious as to the skill level of the lowest players. The worst pros in BW who were only practice partners were still godly and would rape face vs just about anyone when you ran into them on iccup/pgt etc. They only looked bad by comparison to the top players. Some of these guys make mistakes that make you wonder how good they really are.


Put it this way: GSL 2013 season 1

Code S Kespa players: Bogus, Soulkey, Roro, Baby
Up and Down players: Flying, Trap. Flash, Jaedong, Fantasy, Bbyong, sOs

I don't understand what you're trying to say...?

I think he's saying that that is pretty good representation at the GSL level (highest esf). so obviously some Kespa guys are really competitive with the best GSL players. which means they are, in general, competitive as a whole against esf players, skill wise.


That logic is so flawed. Yes, the top Kespa players can compete with the top eSF players. But right now, the 30th eSF player is much better than the 30th Kespa player.

you're sure of that?


probably, considering there's at least 30 ESF players currently in code a/s and some other really good ones like Tear in code b.

It's hard to say because not that many kespa players have broken into gsl yet.

that logic is also flawed in it's own way. less Kespa players have tried to go into GSL, and have had less time to establish themselves.

I might agree that esf players are better in general, but I don't think by any significant amount.

edit:
hmm, it seems that I might have overstated that a bit (the bolded part of my post). though I wonder how many current Code S and Code A guys would be able to get through Code B.... again, not fair to compare the different situations.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
December 30 2012 07:21 GMT
#311
come on Shine come on, you can do it
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
December 30 2012 07:21 GMT
#312
On December 30 2012 16:17 Taipoka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:06 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:01 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:59 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:48 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:43 HanFuzi wrote:
The fact that we're used to ladder makes skill seem more static than it actually is.
The relative skill of pros varies even day to day, based on many things.



thats obvious. But im curious as to why some of these guys are playing in televised matches if they arent very good. Im all for giving them a chance to get better and keeping them on the roster to work their way up to the team, but some of these guys I would bet you could grab people from bnet who would be more likely to get a win for your team.


Maybe they all are really good and just look bad comparatively, thats why I was asking what the skill level of some of the players was because I have no point of reference. As I said, when I would play a progamer in BW, it was pretty obvious you were playing a pro just by the way they played, you could feel it because they were able to dictate the game and reacted much faster than most non korean players did. I haven't played any korean pros in SC2 (not that im very good at this game anyway) but I was wondering if it was kinda the same thing.

The whole Kespa vs Esf thing makes me curious about the skill level of the average kespa player vs a guy who is on an esf team. Seems like the kespa guys can get by on reputation and potential so just because they are on a pro team doesnt mean they are very good. I would expect the opposite for esf teams since you basically had to earn your way on since the teams have been around for quite a while now.


Think this way.
Good kespa players are on par with good esf players.
Bad kespa players are on par with bad esf players.
I think whats confusing you is that bad kespa players need to play in this format, while
esf focus more on individual leagues.
And team play is all-kill format.

I dunno man... I feel like a lineup of YongHwa, Yoda, First, Losira, Happy would pretty much destroy any KeSPA team. And that's not even playing their three champions.

And ST could probably just play their ZeNEX lineup and still smash face.


It doesnt change my point :D
I dont see a bad player in this ST lineup :D


Well, it is because you are defining the player already with good and bad.

It is like saying a good Korean is on par with a good foreigner and a bad Korean is on par with a bad foreigner. Which is true as well. But you just have a lot more 'good' Koreans compare to 'good' foreigners.

The only way to compare would be to see how the 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th players from both sides stack up against each other. Right now, you have to give the advantage to eSF. But I think when HoTS comes out, we will see that gap close a lot more.


Its fair. And thats my point about the original comment but with other point of view.
Not about quantity but just quality. bad = bad, good = good
But appart from ST, i dont see other esf team with a lineup with players on the same level.
Even if its a better level than kespa teams, it still have a big difference between players in the same team.


IM?
HanFuzi
Profile Joined November 2012
Israel80 Posts
December 30 2012 07:22 GMT
#313
Show us what you can do, Shine! Make it a 4-1.
The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
December 30 2012 07:22 GMT
#314
On December 30 2012 16:17 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:16 Caihead wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:14 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:11 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:56 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:52 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:50 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:41 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:37 BretZ wrote:
[quote]

How is ladder rank indicative of skill?..



??????? it isn't but if you played the game at all you would imagine things like skyhigh making a critical composition mistake and this last game wouldn't happen. Its not indicative of the best players obviously but it would be indicative of a general/minimum level.


Now that I realize it is basically KESPA only teams this makes sense. I'm still curious as to the skill level of the lowest players. The worst pros in BW who were only practice partners were still godly and would rape face vs just about anyone when you ran into them on iccup/pgt etc. They only looked bad by comparison to the top players. Some of these guys make mistakes that make you wonder how good they really are.


Put it this way: GSL 2013 season 1

Code S Kespa players: Bogus, Soulkey, Roro, Baby
Up and Down players: Flying, Trap. Flash, Jaedong, Fantasy, Bbyong, sOs

I don't understand what you're trying to say...?

I think he's saying that that is pretty good representation at the GSL level (highest esf). so obviously some Kespa guys are really competitive with the best GSL players. which means they are, in general, competitive as a whole against esf players, skill wise.


That logic is so flawed. Yes, the top Kespa players can compete with the top eSF players. But right now, the 30th eSF player is much better than the 30th Kespa player.

you're sure of that?


Yes, if you look at results. There are 50 players in code S/Up and Downs. With 11 Kespa players and 30+ eSF players. Can the Kespa player take games off the eSF player? Sure. But so can the 30th rank foreigner. But overall, I would say the 30th eSF is the overall better player.


"Taking games off" isn't indicative of anything. Combatex took a game off Parting in a Bo3. It's a poor standard to judge things by.


Did you read my post at all?


Given a high enough sampling size anybody with in reasonable range of skill level can take games over each other, it's the win rate that matters. We don't have a big sampling size with esf / Kespa so speculation isn't relevant. Even some random masters players can "take a game" off these guys, they didn't have perfect records going up to gm in ladder. I did read your post, it's just not a good example. Is Hero / Taeja top 30 esf? I would think so, they don't have perfect records.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 07:22:47
December 30 2012 07:22 GMT
#315
Is it just me or did Shine get a LOT fatter?! O_O

He's always been somewhat chubby but WHAT, I practically don't even recognize him anymore. Also yay ZvZ for Harem *__*b
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
December 30 2012 07:22 GMT
#316
Why are people talking about eSF teams or GSL? This is Kespa league with Kespa teams. Go blog about it.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
December 30 2012 07:23 GMT
#317
On December 30 2012 16:18 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:16 GTPGlitch wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:01 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:59 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:48 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:43 HanFuzi wrote:
The fact that we're used to ladder makes skill seem more static than it actually is.
The relative skill of pros varies even day to day, based on many things.



thats obvious. But im curious as to why some of these guys are playing in televised matches if they arent very good. Im all for giving them a chance to get better and keeping them on the roster to work their way up to the team, but some of these guys I would bet you could grab people from bnet who would be more likely to get a win for your team.


Maybe they all are really good and just look bad comparatively, thats why I was asking what the skill level of some of the players was because I have no point of reference. As I said, when I would play a progamer in BW, it was pretty obvious you were playing a pro just by the way they played, you could feel it because they were able to dictate the game and reacted much faster than most non korean players did. I haven't played any korean pros in SC2 (not that im very good at this game anyway) but I was wondering if it was kinda the same thing.

The whole Kespa vs Esf thing makes me curious about the skill level of the average kespa player vs a guy who is on an esf team. Seems like the kespa guys can get by on reputation and potential so just because they are on a pro team doesnt mean they are very good. I would expect the opposite for esf teams since you basically had to earn your way on since the teams have been around for quite a while now.


Think this way.
Good kespa players are on par with good esf players.
Bad kespa players are on par with bad esf players.
I think whats confusing you is that bad kespa players need to play in this format, while
esf focus more on individual leagues.
And team play is all-kill format.

I dunno man... I feel like a lineup of YongHwa, Yoda, First, Losira, Happy would pretty much destroy any KeSPA team. And that's not even playing their three champions.

And ST could probably just play their ZeNEX lineup and still smash face.


It doesnt change my point :D
I dont see a bad player in this ST lineup :D


lists 5 Code S level players from ST then says T8 would beat them

Wat?


In PL format, ofc. Assuming we take it by current player status, as long as baby got matched up against parting/curious and Jaehoon avoided bomber, Ryul2, speed, or terminator could take a game off of whoever is left. Terminator v Squirtle would be a pretty decent toss-up, with preparation ryul2 could come close against life or take out hack, and Speed could just pull a bravo and cheese. And alone could sixpool for the hell of it ^^
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Taipoka
Profile Joined November 2012
Brazil1224 Posts
December 30 2012 07:23 GMT
#318
On December 30 2012 16:21 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:17 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:06 vthree wrote:
On December 30 2012 16:01 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:59 Dosey wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:54 Taipoka wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:48 Sadist wrote:
On December 30 2012 15:43 HanFuzi wrote:
The fact that we're used to ladder makes skill seem more static than it actually is.
The relative skill of pros varies even day to day, based on many things.



thats obvious. But im curious as to why some of these guys are playing in televised matches if they arent very good. Im all for giving them a chance to get better and keeping them on the roster to work their way up to the team, but some of these guys I would bet you could grab people from bnet who would be more likely to get a win for your team.


Maybe they all are really good and just look bad comparatively, thats why I was asking what the skill level of some of the players was because I have no point of reference. As I said, when I would play a progamer in BW, it was pretty obvious you were playing a pro just by the way they played, you could feel it because they were able to dictate the game and reacted much faster than most non korean players did. I haven't played any korean pros in SC2 (not that im very good at this game anyway) but I was wondering if it was kinda the same thing.

The whole Kespa vs Esf thing makes me curious about the skill level of the average kespa player vs a guy who is on an esf team. Seems like the kespa guys can get by on reputation and potential so just because they are on a pro team doesnt mean they are very good. I would expect the opposite for esf teams since you basically had to earn your way on since the teams have been around for quite a while now.


Think this way.
Good kespa players are on par with good esf players.
Bad kespa players are on par with bad esf players.
I think whats confusing you is that bad kespa players need to play in this format, while
esf focus more on individual leagues.
And team play is all-kill format.

I dunno man... I feel like a lineup of YongHwa, Yoda, First, Losira, Happy would pretty much destroy any KeSPA team. And that's not even playing their three champions.

And ST could probably just play their ZeNEX lineup and still smash face.


It doesnt change my point :D
I dont see a bad player in this ST lineup :D


Well, it is because you are defining the player already with good and bad.

It is like saying a good Korean is on par with a good foreigner and a bad Korean is on par with a bad foreigner. Which is true as well. But you just have a lot more 'good' Koreans compare to 'good' foreigners.

The only way to compare would be to see how the 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th players from both sides stack up against each other. Right now, you have to give the advantage to eSF. But I think when HoTS comes out, we will see that gap close a lot more.


Its fair. And thats my point about the original comment but with other point of view.
Not about quantity but just quality. bad = bad, good = good
But appart from ST, i dont see other esf team with a lineup with players on the same level.
Even if its a better level than kespa teams, it still have a big difference between players in the same team.


IM?


Back when nestea and LosirA was playing good, i can agree with you.
But now... idk
And in the 7th day, Flash stopped macroing the universe.
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
December 30 2012 07:24 GMT
#319
On December 30 2012 16:22 Aerisky wrote:
Is it just me or did Shine get a LOT fatter?! O_O

He's always been somewhat chubby but WHAT, I practically don't even recognize him anymore. Also yay ZvZ for Harem *__*b



Yeah he looks even chubbier then last time he played lol
Jaedong & Faker
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
December 30 2012 07:25 GMT
#320
On December 30 2012 16:24 Thinasy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 16:22 Aerisky wrote:
Is it just me or did Shine get a LOT fatter?! O_O

He's always been somewhat chubby but WHAT, I practically don't even recognize him anymore. Also yay ZvZ for Harem *__*b



Yeah he looks even chubbier then last time he played lol


He's been feasting on ladder points,, he's gonna smash!!
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 158
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 334
actioN 91
Mong 76
Shine 72
NotJumperer 38
Bale 29
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 821
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft779
Other Games
summit1g8405
ceh9356
Happy266
PiGStarcraft226
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS38
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick553
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream509
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2368
League of Legends
• Lourlo1434
• Rush1392
• Stunt464
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.