• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12421 users

[WCS KR] WR2 D1 - Page 65

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 Next
Cainam
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States421 Posts
August 10 2012 19:29 GMT
#1281
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
August 10 2012 19:33 GMT
#1282
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.
STX Fighting!
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
August 10 2012 19:46 GMT
#1283
On August 11 2012 04:33 vesicular wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.


Yep, I totally understand that BW fans cheer for the Kespa players, it makes complete sense that people will root for the players that they're most familiar with and have been following the longest. What I'm sick of is every time a Kespa player wins, we have certain people going "omg Kespa just so superior, have fun not seeing your GSL players in the future, blah blah". Can't people cheer for their favorites instead of just insulting the abilities of the opposition? It's extremely annoying and in my eyes it's just flamebaiting. I'm certain that most SC2 fans are actually excited to see what Kespa players will bring to the table and how they'll help evolve the game with awesome strategies and immaculate play (as I am), but people are simply tired of seeing their own favorite players fall under a blanket "inferior players" insult whenever a Gom player loses.
WickedBit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States343 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 20:11:53
August 10 2012 20:08 GMT
#1284
This Kespa vsGSL players debate is kinda stupid. The Kespa players have been playing a similar but more difficult game competitively for a while now . This makes them better prepared than anyone else to easily step into this, than say a totally new player or a player from a completely different game. So no surprise they will be good. Won't be surprising to see a vast majority transitition well into SC2 and maintain a good standing soon.
In any case these were good matches and people should enjoy them. Having new players in SC2 playing good games is always a good thing for the game.
Having said that just watched some of the VODs and man Reality is good, he had Puzzle's number in that last game and made a couple of very stupid mistakes...Probably due to overeagerness. Roro getting through Leenock is fairly surprising. Of the two I had my bets on Reality more than Roro. As far as Alive vs Parting it seemed like Alive's multitasking seemed to slip in the last minutes of the third game where he engaged with half his army or with no micro at all on some points. That series was also pretty close.
I really hope the future of PvT is builds like single collosus into templars or early tanks into bio. They seem to be pretty nice and safe builds to go into and something that they can quickly transition to putting early pressure on the opponent if the opportunity arises or just take fast 3rds.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 10 2012 20:19 GMT
#1285
On August 11 2012 02:25 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 02:01 ABear wrote:
Everytime a kespa player wins, all I see is troll-bait on the TL forums. "It was his worst matchup after the patch", "It was all luck", "He hasn't been good for almost a year", "Kespa players aren't dominating (despite not having fully switched into a 2 year old game) -- clearly they won't succeed", or trollbait on the other side "MVP is the only good BW player to have switched so clearly all Kespa players will dominate". Honestly, the reddit forums are way better lately, and I say this as someone who usually dislikes reddit.

I agree w/ Trowa, you guys need to stop arguing about this shit so much.

Your opinion just became worthless for this post. Even if you are right about people needing to shut the fuck up with pointless arguments that neither side can possibly win. You lost all credibility with that single sentence.

More on topic! Roro beat Leenock? Crazy shit, I'm surprised Reality took a game off Puzzle(He himself said he is a TvP Noob) and Go Parting! Since MC got knocked down your the toss I'm cheering for in the WR.


Indeed ABear. You have opposed the will of the glorious nation of TL thus your opinion is invalidated. As such, our honourable gestapo will take you to the gulags so that we may continue to better our Glorious Nation, and the Holy Moderators that run it. Comrade Necro)Phagist( did well to bring this to our attention.


Seriously, though this:

Your opinion just became worthless for this post. Even if you are right about people needing to shut the fuck up with pointless arguments that neither side can possibly win. You lost all credibility with that single sentence.


Is absolutely, in all ways the worst and most illogical thing I've ever read. Note that that doesn't invalidate the rest of your post, not does it invalidate you as an intelligent (albeit brainwashed) human being. Hell, even I prefer TL over Reddit. That doesn't mean that TL is perfect. It doesn't mean that nothing that happens on reddit is worth anything, and it doesn't mean that we shouldn't all be at eachother's throats the whole time. Sorry about the double negative in the last sentence.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
August 10 2012 20:55 GMT
#1286
On August 11 2012 04:46 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 04:33 vesicular wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.


Yep, I totally understand that BW fans cheer for the Kespa players, it makes complete sense that people will root for the players that they're most familiar with and have been following the longest. What I'm sick of is every time a Kespa player wins, we have certain people going "omg Kespa just so superior, have fun not seeing your GSL players in the future, blah blah". Can't people cheer for their favorites instead of just insulting the abilities of the opposition? It's extremely annoying and in my eyes it's just flamebaiting. I'm certain that most SC2 fans are actually excited to see what Kespa players will bring to the table and how they'll help evolve the game with awesome strategies and immaculate play (as I am), but people are simply tired of seeing their own favorite players fall under a blanket "inferior players" insult whenever a Gom player loses.


Are you crazy? How are BroodWar players supposed to feel superior then???? I dont understand
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
August 10 2012 20:59 GMT
#1287
On August 11 2012 05:55 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 04:46 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:33 vesicular wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.


Yep, I totally understand that BW fans cheer for the Kespa players, it makes complete sense that people will root for the players that they're most familiar with and have been following the longest. What I'm sick of is every time a Kespa player wins, we have certain people going "omg Kespa just so superior, have fun not seeing your GSL players in the future, blah blah". Can't people cheer for their favorites instead of just insulting the abilities of the opposition? It's extremely annoying and in my eyes it's just flamebaiting. I'm certain that most SC2 fans are actually excited to see what Kespa players will bring to the table and how they'll help evolve the game with awesome strategies and immaculate play (as I am), but people are simply tired of seeing their own favorite players fall under a blanket "inferior players" insult whenever a Gom player loses.


Are you crazy? How are BroodWar players supposed to feel superior then???? I dont understand

Either you really didnt try to understand his post or you are also bating... people are tired of having someone lose and then having all of their favorite players insulted and having it said they'll all be a bunch of homeless losers in another month because thats essentially what is happening. I wish TL mods would take a stand and force the communities to get along a bit better -_-
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
August 10 2012 21:18 GMT
#1288
yep, the elephants have invaded new territory.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
August 10 2012 21:25 GMT
#1289
fuck yeah Roro! GET EM FELLA
Wishing you well.
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
August 10 2012 21:40 GMT
#1290
On August 11 2012 05:59 mrtomjones wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 05:55 Djin)ftw( wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:46 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:33 vesicular wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.


Yep, I totally understand that BW fans cheer for the Kespa players, it makes complete sense that people will root for the players that they're most familiar with and have been following the longest. What I'm sick of is every time a Kespa player wins, we have certain people going "omg Kespa just so superior, have fun not seeing your GSL players in the future, blah blah". Can't people cheer for their favorites instead of just insulting the abilities of the opposition? It's extremely annoying and in my eyes it's just flamebaiting. I'm certain that most SC2 fans are actually excited to see what Kespa players will bring to the table and how they'll help evolve the game with awesome strategies and immaculate play (as I am), but people are simply tired of seeing their own favorite players fall under a blanket "inferior players" insult whenever a Gom player loses.


Are you crazy? How are BroodWar players supposed to feel superior then???? I dont understand

Either you really didnt try to understand his post or you are also bating... people are tired of having someone lose and then having all of their favorite players insulted and having it said they'll all be a bunch of homeless losers in another month because thats essentially what is happening. I wish TL mods would take a stand and force the communities to get along a bit better -_-


Force the communities to get along a bit better? The elephant article was written by a mod lol. Why would you ever think the mods want to make this site disneyland? This site was built on BW. Founders are die-hard BW fans, 100% of old-guard mods are BW fans, I'd be more surprised if they didn't feel the same way as the elephanters.

It's a plain fact that at the time the article was written skill level in SC2 was atrocious. As a guy who was real passionate about the launch of SC2 and really wanted to like it... I felt really ripped off after paying for four seasons of GSL. The quality of games was just not there. Horrendous mechanics, build orders, metagame etc. It was just boring as hell to watch every ZvT end in mutas or thors or tank marine pushes, every PvP to end in 4gate, every ZvZ to end in banes or mass roaches. SC2 has come a long way since, but there was def a bad taste left in my mouth from a solid two years of horrendous games.

KEspa players coming to SC2 feels a bit like the return of the messiah would for Jews. We're very excited about how TBLS and co will elevate the game to the level we're used to seeing in BW. And yes, we gleefully await the smashing of GSL chobos, because after watching them play badly for years, we are used to thinking of them as chobos.
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
August 10 2012 21:57 GMT
#1291
On August 11 2012 06:40 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 05:59 mrtomjones wrote:
On August 11 2012 05:55 Djin)ftw( wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:46 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:33 vesicular wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.


Yep, I totally understand that BW fans cheer for the Kespa players, it makes complete sense that people will root for the players that they're most familiar with and have been following the longest. What I'm sick of is every time a Kespa player wins, we have certain people going "omg Kespa just so superior, have fun not seeing your GSL players in the future, blah blah". Can't people cheer for their favorites instead of just insulting the abilities of the opposition? It's extremely annoying and in my eyes it's just flamebaiting. I'm certain that most SC2 fans are actually excited to see what Kespa players will bring to the table and how they'll help evolve the game with awesome strategies and immaculate play (as I am), but people are simply tired of seeing their own favorite players fall under a blanket "inferior players" insult whenever a Gom player loses.


Are you crazy? How are BroodWar players supposed to feel superior then???? I dont understand

Either you really didnt try to understand his post or you are also bating... people are tired of having someone lose and then having all of their favorite players insulted and having it said they'll all be a bunch of homeless losers in another month because thats essentially what is happening. I wish TL mods would take a stand and force the communities to get along a bit better -_-


Force the communities to get along a bit better? The elephant article was written by a mod lol. Why would you ever think the mods want to make this site disneyland? This site was built on BW. Founders are die-hard BW fans, 100% of old-guard mods are BW fans, I'd be more surprised if they didn't feel the same way as the elephanters.

It's a plain fact that at the time the article was written skill level in SC2 was atrocious. As a guy who was real passionate about the launch of SC2 and really wanted to like it... I felt really ripped off after paying for four seasons of GSL. The quality of games was just not there. Horrendous mechanics, build orders, metagame etc. It was just boring as hell to watch every ZvT end in mutas or thors or tank marine pushes, every PvP to end in 4gate, every ZvZ to end in banes or mass roaches. SC2 has come a long way since, but there was def a bad taste left in my mouth from a solid two years of horrendous games.

KEspa players coming to SC2 feels a bit like the return of the messiah would for Jews. We're very excited about how TBLS and co will elevate the game to the level we're used to seeing in BW. And yes, we gleefully await the smashing of GSL chobos, because after watching them play badly for years, we are used to thinking of them as chobos.

Well then I hope your expectations are ruined and your TBLS people come up as frauds who can only play one game. What a productive fricking conversation. Meh I'm done with this.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 22:12:38
August 10 2012 22:08 GMT
#1292
On August 11 2012 06:40 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 05:59 mrtomjones wrote:
On August 11 2012 05:55 Djin)ftw( wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:46 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:33 vesicular wrote:
On August 11 2012 04:29 Cainam wrote:
I don't know why everyone is either rooting for KeSPA players to completely fail or completely crush. It seems like we should all be rooting for them to be just as good as the GSL greats so we can maybe see a nice KeSPA/eSportsFed rivalry. That's what would be best for the scene


I think that's inadvertently what you're seeing by the extremes in opinions. In essence I think people are rooting for their favorite "league". Many BW fans (like myself) have invested a lot of time into the Kespa teams/players. Same for those who follow the GSL teams/players.

In many ways I think this adds some fun and excitement to the matches because people have players to cheer for/against. Though the constant "X will dominate" "no they won't" does get a little tiring.


Yep, I totally understand that BW fans cheer for the Kespa players, it makes complete sense that people will root for the players that they're most familiar with and have been following the longest. What I'm sick of is every time a Kespa player wins, we have certain people going "omg Kespa just so superior, have fun not seeing your GSL players in the future, blah blah". Can't people cheer for their favorites instead of just insulting the abilities of the opposition? It's extremely annoying and in my eyes it's just flamebaiting. I'm certain that most SC2 fans are actually excited to see what Kespa players will bring to the table and how they'll help evolve the game with awesome strategies and immaculate play (as I am), but people are simply tired of seeing their own favorite players fall under a blanket "inferior players" insult whenever a Gom player loses.


Are you crazy? How are BroodWar players supposed to feel superior then???? I dont understand

Either you really didnt try to understand his post or you are also bating... people are tired of having someone lose and then having all of their favorite players insulted and having it said they'll all be a bunch of homeless losers in another month because thats essentially what is happening. I wish TL mods would take a stand and force the communities to get along a bit better -_-


Force the communities to get along a bit better? The elephant article was written by a mod lol. Why would you ever think the mods want to make this site disneyland? This site was built on BW. Founders are die-hard BW fans, 100% of old-guard mods are BW fans, I'd be more surprised if they didn't feel the same way as the elephanters.

It's a plain fact that at the time the article was written skill level in SC2 was atrocious. As a guy who was real passionate about the launch of SC2 and really wanted to like it... I felt really ripped off after paying for four seasons of GSL. The quality of games was just not there. Horrendous mechanics, build orders, metagame etc. It was just boring as hell to watch every ZvT end in mutas or thors or tank marine pushes, every PvP to end in 4gate, every ZvZ to end in banes or mass roaches. SC2 has come a long way since, but there was def a bad taste left in my mouth from a solid two years of horrendous games.

KEspa players coming to SC2 feels a bit like the return of the messiah would for Jews. We're very excited about how TBLS and co will elevate the game to the level we're used to seeing in BW. And yes, we gleefully await the smashing of GSL chobos, because after watching them play badly for years, we are used to thinking of them as chobos.


The fact that you truly want to just instigate and piss people off says enough about you. Everyone here has a really easy conscious choice to make: Flame each other and fill every LR thread with angry people arguing about elephants, or not. It's really that simple. All you're doing is contributing to the problem and annoying people who otherwise welcome the introduction of all the Kespa players, and if (I certainly hope this isn't the case) TL mods are actually okay with that as you claim, then I had a lot of misplaced faith in them. The way I see it, this isn't about what anybody thinks in regards to the skill of Kespa/Gom players. This is about keeping every LR thread with Kespa vs. Gom matches from turning into a bitter BW vs. SC2 shitfest, because it's going to get old really, really fast.
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
August 10 2012 22:14 GMT
#1293
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 22:37:59
August 10 2012 22:17 GMT
#1294
On August 11 2012 07:14 StorkHwaiting wrote:
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.


So... you don't consider collectively calling all the gom players "chobos" to be instigating?
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-10 23:32:49
August 10 2012 23:28 GMT
#1295
On August 11 2012 07:17 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:14 StorkHwaiting wrote:
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.


So... you don't consider collectively calling all the gom players "chobos" to be instigating?



yeah well, compared to the rest of the A teamers (like roro, who btw was only mediocre) only MVP was kinda in the same league. Ofc that doesnt mean that it has to be the same way in SC2, on the other hand you have to ask yourself why suddenly ppl like iron[kal] (MC), Clare[Shield] (MKP) or Dream.t)SaiR (supernova) are considered to be good and even S class.

Of course it could be that they evolved as players.
interview sair
"On TV I get nervous a lot and sometimes make mistake I would never do"

Maybe he left that behind. Than again, he never won a major tournament did he? That MVP dominated, who is clearly the best BW player from the GOM players isnt surpising. What IS surprising is that ppl like nestea, MC etc win so much.

Personally, I think the next months are incredibly exciting. I want to see who of the BW players fails at SC2 and who dont.
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
August 10 2012 23:31 GMT
#1296
On August 11 2012 07:17 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:14 StorkHwaiting wrote:
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.


So... you don't consider collectively calling all the gom players "chobos" to be instigating?


No, I don't. Did you think a game would reach a maturation of skill in the first 2 years? When there are 2 more expos planned? I think it's more the SC2 scene that has an arrogant attitude thinking a scene that just started should have a skill level ready to take on a scene that's been developing for 13 years. SC2 is a different game, but only in the sense that it's easier than its father.
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
August 10 2012 23:33 GMT
#1297
On August 11 2012 08:28 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:17 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 07:14 StorkHwaiting wrote:
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.


So... you don't consider collectively calling all the gom players "chobos" to be instigating?



yeah well, compared to the rest of the A teamers (like roro, who btw was only mediocre) only MVP was kinda in the same league. Ofc that doesnt mean that it has to be the same way in SC2, on the other hand you have to ask yourself why suddenly ppl like iron[kal] (MC), Clare[Shield] (MKP) or Dream.t)SaiR (supernova) are considered good.

Of course it could be that they evolved as players.
interview sair
"On TV I get nervous a lot and sometimes make mistake I would never do"

Maybe he left that behind. Than again, he never won a major tournament did he? That MVP dominated, who is clearly the best BW player from the GOM players isnt surpising. What IS surprising is that ppl like nestea, MC etc win so much.

Personally, I think the next months are incredibly exciting. I want to see who of the BW players fails at SC2 and who doesnt.

I think it is because of the differences in the games. Someone like Nestea who doesnt seem to have the biggest APM doesnt have to worry about things like worker rally and such. MC seemed to have confidence issues and that is seemingly gone I think that perhaps having pure APM is simply less beneficial in SC2 than it was in BW too
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
August 10 2012 23:39 GMT
#1298
On August 11 2012 08:28 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 07:17 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 07:14 StorkHwaiting wrote:
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.


So... you don't consider collectively calling all the gom players "chobos" to be instigating?



yeah well, compared to the rest of the A teamers (like roro, who btw was only mediocre) only MVP was kinda in the same league. Ofc that doesnt mean that it has to be the same way in SC2, on the other hand you have to ask yourself why suddenly ppl like iron[kal] (MC), Clare[Shield] (MKP) or Dream.t)SaiR (supernova) are considered to be good and even S class.

Of course it could be that they evolved as players.
interview sair
"On TV I get nervous a lot and sometimes make mistake I would never do"

Maybe he left that behind. Than again, he never won a major tournament did he? That MVP dominated, who is clearly the best BW player from the GOM players isnt surpising. What IS surprising is that ppl like nestea, MC etc win so much.

Personally, I think the next months are incredibly exciting. I want to see who of the BW players fails at SC2 and who dont.

Wasn't Clare young when he played BW?
I didn't follow BW so can't really explain why he had no success, but he sure has talent.
WriterMaru
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 10 2012 23:43 GMT
#1299
Someone should ask these guys (Clare, MC, and etc.) if SC2 never came out, how will they do if they stuck with BW.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
August 10 2012 23:52 GMT
#1300
On August 11 2012 08:33 mrtomjones wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 08:28 Djin)ftw( wrote:
On August 11 2012 07:17 HolyArrow wrote:
On August 11 2012 07:14 StorkHwaiting wrote:
I don't understand where you're coming from. All I said was I was really excited for SC2, got disappointed by the play, now Kespa players are here, I'm excited again for the future. I hope Kespa players dominate and elevate the game to their skill level. Somehow that's instigate and piss ppl off and flame etc etc.

Also, I take it you weren't here for the Rekrul/Mani/Chill era of TL.


So... you don't consider collectively calling all the gom players "chobos" to be instigating?



yeah well, compared to the rest of the A teamers (like roro, who btw was only mediocre) only MVP was kinda in the same league. Ofc that doesnt mean that it has to be the same way in SC2, on the other hand you have to ask yourself why suddenly ppl like iron[kal] (MC), Clare[Shield] (MKP) or Dream.t)SaiR (supernova) are considered good.

Of course it could be that they evolved as players.
interview sair
"On TV I get nervous a lot and sometimes make mistake I would never do"

Maybe he left that behind. Than again, he never won a major tournament did he? That MVP dominated, who is clearly the best BW player from the GOM players isnt surpising. What IS surprising is that ppl like nestea, MC etc win so much.

Personally, I think the next months are incredibly exciting. I want to see who of the BW players fails at SC2 and who doesnt.

I think it is because of the differences in the games. Someone like Nestea who doesnt seem to have the biggest APM doesnt have to worry about things like worker rally and such. MC seemed to have confidence issues and that is seemingly gone I think that perhaps having pure APM is simply less beneficial in SC2 than it was in BW too


Maybe, who knows. Maybe they just make better decisions now. Or have better understanding of timings and engagements. Or maybe the competition wasnt just as good as it was in BW. Time will tell.
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1158
Bisu 802
Horang2 698
Hyuk 638
Larva 610
Leta 188
Zeus 117
Sexy 112
EffOrt 103
Soma 83
[ Show more ]
PianO 81
Mini 80
Pusan 54
Killer 37
ZerO 37
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 22
yabsab 20
JulyZerg 10
Trap 10
Noble 7
Last 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe429
XaKoH 344
League of Legends
JimRising 337
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1412
Other Games
gofns37230
singsing1499
crisheroes241
OGKoka 177
Mew2King137
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick599
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6945
• lizZardDota2326
League of Legends
• Jankos1259
• Stunt939
Upcoming Events
Online Event
52m
FEL
5h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 52m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.