• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:17
CEST 21:17
KST 04:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9951 users

[GSL] July Code S ro8 Day 1 - Page 128

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 141 Next
malaki
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany80 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 11:41:38
July 19 2011 11:38 GMT
#2541
On July 19 2011 20:37 Itsmedudeman wrote:
hey you know what, if I trained 11 hours a day i guarantee you I'd be the best player in the world

but you know what, we'll never know


thats a terrible comparison because we have no reason to believe that you have any sort of talent,

there are a lot of players training 10 hours a day and they're not code s
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
July 19 2011 11:40 GMT
#2542
Hahahaha, today's games couldn't have got any better. I remember an old MC interview where he said he would've crushed Nestea if it was him in the finals instead of Inca (GSL May).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

On May 11 2011 13:19 Azzur wrote:
Show nested quote +
I want to face Nestea and Mvp. If I were in the finals right now, I guarantee I would crush Nestea in the matchup.

Hmm... these are big words. He should prove it (i.e. by qualifying for the finals) instead.

Here's hoping that the overconfidence will lead to an early elimination in the Super Tournament!

I was right about the early elimination from the Super Tournament

The thing is, I bet in his next interview, he will go on about how if he had the chance to face Nestea, he would crush him. I'll be like, why don't you concentrate on getting to the stage where you can face him?? MC was thinking about his "future" opponent of Nestea today and didn't show enough respect to HongUn.

Today was a great day - free flowing buffet of MC fanboy tears :p
Quintum_
Profile Joined May 2011
United States669 Posts
July 19 2011 11:40 GMT
#2543
You know nestea had to break out in the biggest grin ever when MC GG in game 4. I think MC would of been his biggest obstacle in getting his 3rd GSL win. Even though today shows that you should never count a player out, nestea has to be feeling pretty confident.

Hungun then Bomber, Losira, Trickster or Brun, i would put him as the favorite in all of those matches. Hell i cant even see anyone that would get even odds vs nestea.

He can just build 115 drones vs bomber and win anyways xp

I think we are going to see a ZvZ for this finals though. Nestea vs Nestea Jr.
♠ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ♠ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ♠ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ ♠
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
July 19 2011 11:40 GMT
#2544
On July 19 2011 20:38 LightWireEX wrote:
@oGsMC: I don't even understand what I did. I'm supposedly a professional and yet I got supply blocked and played without thinking in a game that I prepared. The games I played doesn't even deserved to be excused and the saddest thing is that I miss out on games against Nestea and I'm just angry at myself

Translated, from Milkis twitter.


Haha, I'm relieved to see that it's not nearly as hostile as google translate made it out to be (if it was, it would really be uncharacteristic of MC). Feel bad for MC, but shit like that sometimes happens :/ Everyone has bad days.
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
July 19 2011 11:40 GMT
#2545
On July 19 2011 20:38 LightWireEX wrote:
@oGsMC: I don't even understand what I did. I'm supposedly a professional and yet I got supply blocked and played without thinking in a game that I prepared. The games I played doesn't even deserved to be excused and the saddest thing is that I miss out on games against Nestea and I'm just angry at myself

Translated, from Milkis twitter.


Hopefully he gets back to training and proceeds to win the next eight GSLs in a row.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Coufu
Profile Joined July 2010
Guam137 Posts
July 19 2011 11:40 GMT
#2546
On July 19 2011 20:37 IVN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:08 Mioraka wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:06 Fubi wrote:
So much for the patch fixing PvP, it didn't change one bit


the only thing that can stop razor thin 4 Warp gate is still a 4 warp gate.

Thank you blizzard for a lame ass match up.

With the last Patch Blizz has basically made 4gt way less viable in all MUs, except PvP, which was their original goal. And the smaller Pylon radius makes Wall offs more prone to busting vZ.

So yeah, I consider the "fix" a fail in PvP, and it does reduce the early threat Protoss have against greedy expoing. Not QQing or anything, but I would have preferred if Blizz had gone with my idea of one Pylon's power radius canceling the warpin ability of the opponents pylon, so that you can just build one pylon at the top of you ramp, make a sentry and stop 4gt much more easily. That wouldn't have made 4gt totally obsolete, but not as dominant, as it still is. Ohh well...


I had the same exact idea with the pylons, but unfortunately, that wouldn't have even helped MC in the last game because he simply didn't have enough units, even if HongUn had to warp on the bottom of the ramp.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 11:42:50
July 19 2011 11:41 GMT
#2547
On July 19 2011 20:38 malaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:37 Itsmedudeman wrote:

hey you know what, if I trained 11 hours a day i guarantee you I'd be the best player in the world

but you know what, we'll never know


thats a terrible comparison because we have no reason to believe that you have any sort of talent,

there are a lot of players training 10 hours a day and they're not code s

we'll never know

and you know who else is not in code S or code A? Whitera
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
July 19 2011 11:41 GMT
#2548
Nestea should roll Hungun and I think Bomber will beat Losira. Nestea should beat bomber. Either way I think we are in for an entertaining finals!!! Hype Hype Hype!!
MC for president
Rybaia
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy213 Posts
July 19 2011 11:42 GMT
#2549
On July 19 2011 20:37 IVN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:08 Mioraka wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:06 Fubi wrote:
So much for the patch fixing PvP, it didn't change one bit


the only thing that can stop razor thin 4 Warp gate is still a 4 warp gate.

Thank you blizzard for a lame ass match up.

With the last Patch Blizz has basically made 4gt way less viable in all MUs, except PvP, which was their original goal. And the smaller Pylon radius makes Wall offs more prone to busting vZ.

So yeah, I consider the "fix" a fail in PvP, and it does reduce the early threat Protoss have against greedy expoing. Not QQing or anything, but I would have preferred if Blizz had gone with my idea of one Pylon's power radius canceling the warpin ability of the opponents pylon, so that you can just build one pylon at the top of you ramp, make a sentry and stop 4gt much more easily. That wouldn't have made 4gt totally obsolete, but not as dominant, as it still is. Ohh well...


Dude I really like your idea and I actually think this maybe the right solution.
But it's all in Blizzard's hands -_-
moyk
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada38 Posts
July 19 2011 11:43 GMT
#2550
On July 19 2011 20:33 FuRong wrote:
Well, sometimes you look like a genius and sometimes you lose to HongunPrime.

But seriously, wtf. How can you knock out Huk and then lose to Hongun in the next round? =/



It's obviously because HongUn has top 2 control in the world
Crying
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria778 Posts
July 19 2011 11:43 GMT
#2551
I think HuK trained with MC yday,and HuK didn't stream

Two of the best protosses in the world cant get an idea on how to make a BO that 100% fucks 4gate
Determination~ Hard Work Surpass NATURAL GENIUS!
Joseph123
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria1144 Posts
July 19 2011 11:44 GMT
#2552
As stated before in the thread - Good job Blizzard you fixed 4 gate
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
July 19 2011 11:44 GMT
#2553
On July 19 2011 20:23 mango_destroyer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:20 mikyaJ wrote:
Oh the irony. MC got his "godlike" PvP record from 4 gating. Post-patch his PvP is now negative. Yet people complain about 4 gating so much now when he loses.


So true. The MC fan boys just blatantly ignore this.


it's not about being fan boy like. u say the MU was broken before when MC was winning? thanks sherlock. but the hope of a more fun pvp series post patch was just smashed in pieces and that's why the pvp matchup is broken discussion comes up again. it's not about the players (at least for me), it's about the games who weren't great
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
peeeky
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada631 Posts
July 19 2011 11:44 GMT
#2554
Man, quite sad that MC lost to Hongun. Better luck next GSL.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 11:46:07
July 19 2011 11:44 GMT
#2555
On July 19 2011 20:40 Azzur wrote:
Hahahaha, today's games couldn't have got any better. I remember an old MC interview where he said he would've crushed Nestea if it was him in the finals instead of Inca (GSL May).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 13:19 Azzur wrote:
I want to face Nestea and Mvp. If I were in the finals right now, I guarantee I would crush Nestea in the matchup.

Hmm... these are big words. He should prove it (i.e. by qualifying for the finals) instead.

Here's hoping that the overconfidence will lead to an early elimination in the Super Tournament!

I was right about the early elimination from the Super Tournament

The thing is, I bet in his next interview, he will go on about how if he had the chance to face Nestea, he would crush him. I'll be like, why don't you concentrate on getting to the stage where you can face him?? MC was thinking about his "future" opponent of Nestea today and didn't show enough respect to HongUn.

Today was a great day - free flowing buffet of MC fanboy tears :p


The anti-MC glee is possibly more annoying than the MC fanboy tears. There are so many unfair assumptions being made about MC's personality by people like you that it makes my head hurt. The funny thing is that overall, MC is still the most financially successful player, so I guess there are precious few moments for people like you to come out of the woodworks to take little shots at MC. -_-;;
Yippicaya
Profile Joined December 2010
32 Posts
July 19 2011 11:46 GMT
#2556
On July 19 2011 20:43 Crying wrote:
I think HuK trained with MC yday,and HuK didn't stream

Two of the best protosses in the world cant get an idea on how to make a BO that 100% fucks 4gate

MC always does risky builds that can't hold 4 gates, not sure what he scouted tbh.
Yew
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States940 Posts
July 19 2011 11:46 GMT
#2557
On July 19 2011 20:43 moyk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:33 FuRong wrote:
Well, sometimes you look like a genius and sometimes you lose to HongunPrime.

But seriously, wtf. How can you knock out Huk and then lose to Hongun in the next round? =/



It's obviously because HongUn has top 2 control in the world

Who's top 1 control then?
Mioraka
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada1353 Posts
July 19 2011 11:46 GMT
#2558
On July 19 2011 20:40 Coufu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:37 IVN wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:08 Mioraka wrote:
On July 19 2011 20:06 Fubi wrote:
So much for the patch fixing PvP, it didn't change one bit


the only thing that can stop razor thin 4 Warp gate is still a 4 warp gate.

Thank you blizzard for a lame ass match up.

With the last Patch Blizz has basically made 4gt way less viable in all MUs, except PvP, which was their original goal. And the smaller Pylon radius makes Wall offs more prone to busting vZ.

So yeah, I consider the "fix" a fail in PvP, and it does reduce the early threat Protoss have against greedy expoing. Not QQing or anything, but I would have preferred if Blizz had gone with my idea of one Pylon's power radius canceling the warpin ability of the opponents pylon, so that you can just build one pylon at the top of you ramp, make a sentry and stop 4gt much more easily. That wouldn't have made 4gt totally obsolete, but not as dominant, as it still is. Ohh well...


I had the same exact idea with the pylons, but unfortunately, that wouldn't have even helped MC in the last game because he simply didn't have enough units, even if HongUn had to warp on the bottom of the ramp.


I'm a big MC fan, but I don't mind MC losing, not even to hongun.

What's stupid is the fact that he lost 3 games, all to 4 warp gate. The same fucking build.

This is like ling baneling wars in ZvZ, except there's like a 5% chance that the players can get through that stage and get to a stable mid game. Right now in PvP, there is no mid game to speak of.

It's just really bad game design, especially comparing to other MUs in the game. Of all the matchups.
Doganaws
Profile Joined February 2011
Italy52 Posts
July 19 2011 11:46 GMT
#2559
HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAA. BOSS TOSSS. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA. MC FOR PRESIDENT. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OMG I'M PISSING

User was temp banned for this post.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
July 19 2011 11:47 GMT
#2560
On July 19 2011 20:44 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 20:40 Azzur wrote:
Hahahaha, today's games couldn't have got any better. I remember an old MC interview where he said he would've crushed Nestea if it was him in the finals instead of Inca (GSL May).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=221587

On May 11 2011 13:19 Azzur wrote:
I want to face Nestea and Mvp. If I were in the finals right now, I guarantee I would crush Nestea in the matchup.

Hmm... these are big words. He should prove it (i.e. by qualifying for the finals) instead.

Here's hoping that the overconfidence will lead to an early elimination in the Super Tournament!

I was right about the early elimination from the Super Tournament

The thing is, I bet in his next interview, he will go on about how if he had the chance to face Nestea, he would crush him. I'll be like, why don't you concentrate on getting to the stage where you can face him?? MC was thinking about his "future" opponent of Nestea today and didn't show enough respect to HongUn.

Today was a great day - free flowing buffet of MC fanboy tears :p


The anti-MC glee is possibly more annoying than the MC fanboy tears. There are so many unfair assumptions being made about MC's personality by people like you that it makes my head hurt.

I honestly don't see how anyone can downplay MC's accomplishments and call him overrated. He's won more major tournaments than just about anyone, and placed very high in the rest.

This reminds me of the "MC is just a 2 basing no talent build abusing scrub" and then he dominates macro games for the next 3 months.
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason190
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13831
Artosis 328
Mini 265
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 84
ZZZero.O 41
Hyun 40
Bale 26
NaDa 19
Dota 2
qojqva2809
420jenkins554
Counter-Strike
fl0m4038
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5563
Khaldor1344
Liquid`Hasu1040
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g4545
FrodaN1957
B2W.Neo788
byalli421
ToD140
QueenE67
Railgan47
Mew2King40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1159
BasetradeTV239
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• FirePhoenix8
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 2
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3660
Other Games
• imaqtpie866
• Shiphtur280
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 43m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.