• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:48
CEST 09:48
KST 16:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

[UKUTL] UK University Team League - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 36 Next All
Tohrazer
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom75 Posts
April 18 2011 19:33 GMT
#441
On April 19 2011 04:21 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 04:19 Joeeigel wrote:
On April 19 2011 04:18 Laurens wrote:
On April 19 2011 04:12 Joeeigel wrote:
I have updated the registered teams aswell as players searching for teams, if I have missed your team please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

After a lengthy discussion between myself and other admins we are abandoning our GSTL allkill style, in favour of a proleague style 1v1.


what, why? But GSTL is so much fun


Its either thay or Gomas and Lau all kill everybody every game.


so now Gomas and Lau play 2 of the 3 games and the team still wins every game, what's the difference?

I'm fairly sure OuL wouldn't be silly enough to put their GMs out first, their other members would want a game too.

The better solution would be to put them in separate teams if they're not from the same uni anyway. I would rather have a lot of GSTL style games, one of which is an all kill, than none at all.


you may feel this way but i assure you the vast majority of people (we checked) would like some chance of winning, remember there are more than 3 games in later rounds, teams wont be able to rely on 1 or 2 sick players to carry the whole team, which lets face it makes the whole thing more fun!

otherwise the winner is already a foregone conclusion, its worth noting that as you stated strong teams will still be strong, however it will feel less impossible for another team to compete now, and will benefit the league as a whole (remember, we want future season of this league, growing in popularity and prize pool each time hopefully) if we cannot deliver a competition worth watching without foregone conclusions, we can kiss goodbye to second, third, fourth, etc seasons (who will care if the same team is practically guaranteed to win the prize every time?)
Joeeigel
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom328 Posts
April 18 2011 19:34 GMT
#442
On April 19 2011 04:21 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 04:19 Joeeigel wrote:
On April 19 2011 04:18 Laurens wrote:
On April 19 2011 04:12 Joeeigel wrote:
I have updated the registered teams aswell as players searching for teams, if I have missed your team please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

After a lengthy discussion between myself and other admins we are abandoning our GSTL allkill style, in favour of a proleague style 1v1.


what, why? But GSTL is so much fun


Its either thay or Gomas and Lau all kill everybody every game.


so now Gomas and Lau play 2 of the 3 games and the team still wins every game, what's the difference?

I'm fairly sure OuL wouldn't be silly enough to put their GMs out first, their other members would want a game too.

The better solution would be to put them in separate teams if they're not from the same uni anyway. I would rather have a lot of GSTL style games, one of which is an all kill, than none at all.


I was mainly joking about the Gomas and Lau, This way more players from larger teams get to play games, instead of one player all killing the other players get a game or two.
Head admin of the CSL:EU and League Manager for Karnage-eSports - Joeeigel.561
Henx
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom60 Posts
April 18 2011 20:19 GMT
#443
This way all sense of representing your university or school is lost. I understand wanting to get greater levels of participation but ultimately if you want this to be more than just a random tournament only available to students, I would strongly favour the team format. I don't know about anyone else, but if we manage to get any kind of result in this I wanted to try and get the news in our university newspaper and get affiliated as a society. I feel like switching to a 1v1 format greatly reduces the ability I have to promote SC2 at my uni. Just my 2 cents.
I believe in e-sports
Joeeigel
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom328 Posts
April 18 2011 20:27 GMT
#444
It was already a 1v1 format, however it was GSTL Allkill style instead of the proleauge style which we have now switched to.
Head admin of the CSL:EU and League Manager for Karnage-eSports - Joeeigel.561
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
April 18 2011 20:39 GMT
#445
i wish i would study at a british university, lol


gooo Swansea - Shibbxyz.936 ^-^
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Tohrazer
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom75 Posts
April 18 2011 20:52 GMT
#446
On April 19 2011 05:19 Henx wrote:
This way all sense of representing your university or school is lost. I understand wanting to get greater levels of participation but ultimately if you want this to be more than just a random tournament only available to students, I would strongly favour the team format. I don't know about anyone else, but if we manage to get any kind of result in this I wanted to try and get the news in our university newspaper and get affiliated as a society. I feel like switching to a 1v1 format greatly reduces the ability I have to promote SC2 at my uni. Just my 2 cents.


um what dude? the league was always going to be 1v1
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
April 18 2011 20:58 GMT
#447
On April 19 2011 03:04 Joeeigel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 02:10 kakaman wrote:
I'm from the US, so I don't understand this, but why do you have separate teams for separate colleges within Oxford? In America we have different schools within the University, but for CSL the whole university competes as one.


Because Oxford is a city that has multiple schools, as is Briston, as is Brighton, as is London.

It's based upon school, not city.


I have been away over the weekend which is why the OP hasn't been updated, I am about to update it with everything I have missed over the weekend.


To everybody asking about the UoL Team, I will allow them to have 7 players, however, once they hit 8 I will have to speak to Gomas about the teams size and player oppitunities (I have done the same with Aberdeen, they decided to split into an A and B team so all the players are able to play).


The problem with UoL is not the amount of players, it's the fact that two of the top UK players are on the same team despite being at different unis.
Henx
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom60 Posts
April 18 2011 21:12 GMT
#448
On April 19 2011 05:27 Joeeigel wrote:
It was already a 1v1 format, however it was GSTL Allkill style instead of the proleauge style which we have now switched to.


My apologies, I misread your initial post about changing the style. I blame it on not having followed BW and reading this while watching the NASL restreams. Keep up the good work man, it's looking good :p
I believe in e-sports
Joeeigel
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom328 Posts
April 18 2011 21:24 GMT
#449
On April 19 2011 05:58 Goshawk. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2011 03:04 Joeeigel wrote:
On April 19 2011 02:10 kakaman wrote:
I'm from the US, so I don't understand this, but why do you have separate teams for separate colleges within Oxford? In America we have different schools within the University, but for CSL the whole university competes as one.


Because Oxford is a city that has multiple schools, as is Briston, as is Brighton, as is London.

It's based upon school, not city.


I have been away over the weekend which is why the OP hasn't been updated, I am about to update it with everything I have missed over the weekend.


To everybody asking about the UoL Team, I will allow them to have 7 players, however, once they hit 8 I will have to speak to Gomas about the teams size and player oppitunities (I have done the same with Aberdeen, they decided to split into an A and B team so all the players are able to play).


The problem with UoL is not the amount of players, it's the fact that two of the top UK players are on the same team despite being at different unis.


People complaining about them having a strong team is just something that comes with the territory of having a strong team I guess.

However due to the feedback, discussions with other admins, and plans for season two we switched it to Proleauge style instead of GSTL.
Head admin of the CSL:EU and League Manager for Karnage-eSports - Joeeigel.561
Joeeigel
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom328 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 01:19:19
April 19 2011 01:12 GMT
#450
Those of you who are on IRC in #ukstarcraft know that I have been planning to announce big news all day.

The UKUTL is now sponsored by Cynical Brit. Because of this we are able to increase our prizepool, which untill now has been unannounced, from £60, to £500.
Head admin of the CSL:EU and League Manager for Karnage-eSports - Joeeigel.561
Brad
Profile Joined April 2010
2754 Posts
April 19 2011 01:49 GMT
#451
This is why the UK is never be good at anything. Guys set up a nice league for everyone, and all people can do is bitch and moan. We should just be grateful that there are people out there willing stuff like this. *shrugs*
Lee Jae Dong proved that a focus on mechanics and execution could solve problems in the StarCraft game strategy.
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
April 19 2011 04:44 GMT
#452
How ironic that you post that right after the great announcement that Joeeigel has posted Brad, how about just ignoring peoples opinions and getting behind it.
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
KryptoStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
England377 Posts
April 19 2011 07:48 GMT
#453
On April 19 2011 10:12 Joeeigel wrote:
Those of you who are on IRC in #ukstarcraft know that I have been planning to announce big news all day.

The UKUTL is now sponsored by Cynical Brit. Because of this we are able to increase our prizepool, which untill now has been unannounced, from £60, to £500.


This is awesome! Oh and to the guys above me, it's not arguing, it's discussion, people are voicing their opinions, they're not doubting the league or anything
사랑해요
Rotcod
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom138 Posts
April 19 2011 08:10 GMT
#454
On April 19 2011 10:12 Joeeigel wrote:
Those of you who are on IRC in #ukstarcraft know that I have been planning to announce big news all day.

The UKUTL is now sponsored by Cynical Brit. Because of this we are able to increase our prizepool, which untill now has been unannounced, from £60, to £500.


This is huge,
Joeeigel for president <3

Choice to swap to proleague to avoid all kills a great move too.

Thank god for total bosses like joeeigel :D
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 10:07:27
April 19 2011 08:19 GMT
#455
On April 19 2011 10:12 Joeeigel wrote:
Those of you who are on IRC in #ukstarcraft know that I have been planning to announce big news all day.

The UKUTL is now sponsored by Cynical Brit. Because of this we are able to increase our prizepool, which untill now has been unannounced, from £60, to £500.



Brilliant News!!! Any idea what type of cover youll have? Only first place and runners up get money??

EDIT: Nevermind didnt see 70/30 for 1st and 2nd!!!
Live and Let Die!
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 08:28:54
April 19 2011 08:26 GMT
#456
Wow, that prize pool is huge. This is going to be awesome. Shame about the change in format though, as the less skilled of us will just get rolled.

TVU FFFIGHTING!
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
April 19 2011 09:04 GMT
#457
I go to university of Plymouth, but seems like no one else comes from there, think joining the Exeter team might be possible as its the closest uni and they need players?
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
Ren91
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom190 Posts
April 19 2011 09:12 GMT
#458
If I was at a uni and wasnt in another league then I'd join in. Sounds awesome :D. Well done to all the people putting this stuff together and getting a sponsor(<3totalbiscuit).

To the people complaining. stfu and enjoy it. People worry too much about these things, it's free entertainment that people are putting a Shitload of effort into and believe it or not they Aren't getting money from it.
Veni Vidi Vici
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 19 2011 09:42 GMT
#459
On April 19 2011 10:12 Joeeigel wrote:
Those of you who are on IRC in #ukstarcraft know that I have been planning to announce big news all day.

The UKUTL is now sponsored by Cynical Brit. Because of this we are able to increase our prizepool, which untill now has been unannounced, from £60, to £500.


Awesome. :o
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Sombrero
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom134 Posts
April 19 2011 09:45 GMT
#460
Awesome news for the scene! Shame I am too bad to play
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 150
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 909
HiyA 160
Mong 50
Shine 46
Bale 31
NotJumperer 28
Noble 8
sorry 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 825
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft774
crisheroes7
Other Games
summit1g8951
olofmeister613
ceh9461
Happy406
PiGStarcraft349
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream523
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH266
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2374
League of Legends
• Rush1392
• Lourlo1267
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 13m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.