• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:23
CEST 21:23
KST 04:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9478 users

[GSL] : Code S ro8: Day 2 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 234 235 236 Next
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 19 2011 02:39 GMT
#81
On January 19 2011 11:25 57 Corvette wrote:
So, when are the Semifinals/finals occuring? Are the finals next friday(saturday in korea)

Edit: Even though Idra 3:0'd his group (including Clide!), Jinro 2-0'd the former reigning champion of the GSL who happens to be one of (if not number 1) protoss in korea right now. It will be close, but I think IdrA will underestimate Jinro, and will get Jinrolled 3-1.


I don't think Idra will underestimate Jinro because he has praised Jinro alot in the past for how he actually knows how to play terran and is one of the best.

I predict 3-0 Idra or 3-1 Idra. Go Idra win this GSL! :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
January 19 2011 02:40 GMT
#82
I don't watch much Starcraft2, but I don't think I can miss this match tonight.

here's to hoping for some exciting games!
Moderator
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
January 19 2011 02:44 GMT
#83
On January 19 2011 11:25 Pudge_172 wrote:
I'm going to have to watch on a Mac Sunday. How do you watch GSL on a Mac?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=181714
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171966
FLuE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
January 19 2011 02:45 GMT
#84
damn do i just stay up all night playing sc2 and watch .. or go to sleep and try to wake up? Tough call.

This is 2 great series... the foreign players have delivered all GSL w/ entertainment value. GL to both, wish they were meeting in the finals.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
January 19 2011 02:46 GMT
#85
aww man too screwy an hour for me. Go Idra and NaDa!
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
January 19 2011 02:51 GMT
#86
On January 19 2011 11:21 Rhyme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2011 10:32 Defacer wrote:
My prediction:

Set 1: (Z)IdrA < Xel'Naga Caverns > (T)Jinro
Set 2: (Z)IdrA < Metalopolis > (T)Jinro
Set 3: (Z)IdrA < Shakuras Plateau > (T)Jinro
Set 4: (Z)IdrA < Jungle Basin > (T)Jinro
Set 5: (Z)IdrA < Lost Temple > (T)Jinro

Jinro will sweep.

It's not that IdrA isn't great. He's really great. But ...

1) Jinro knows how to split these maps. Once he contains IdrA with 20 to 30 bazillion tanks and vikings it's over.
2) Even though they're comparable in skill level, Jinro is playing the overpowered race
3) Jinro is practicing against Ret. IdrA is practicing against ... uh ... ?





Yeah, Jinro is definitely looking hot. But Idra did just 3-0 a fairly competent group to get to the ro8.

I'm so excited for this match; I never thought I'd think that 5am couldn't come soon enough!



Don't get me wrong, I actually want a close series and hope IdrA wins ... but seeing Jinro dismantle MC was a revelation.

Not to mention Jinro has an amazing zerg practice partner to perfect builds against.
Pooman
Profile Joined October 2010
148 Posts
January 19 2011 02:55 GMT
#87
btw, to anybody saying "3:1 Idra", keep in mind that that requires him to win the 4th game on Jungle Basin. I think it's either 3-0 or 3-2 if Idra is going to win, because JB is a write-off.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
January 19 2011 02:56 GMT
#88


...yeah. i'm psyched.
:O
KMARTRULES
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia474 Posts
January 19 2011 02:58 GMT
#89
If it is close position on meta Jinro will win 3-1

If it is cross position Idra will win 3-2

forgottendreams
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1771 Posts
January 19 2011 03:01 GMT
#90
On January 19 2011 11:58 KMARTRULES wrote:
If it is close position on meta Jinro will win 3-1

If it is cross position Idra will win 3-2



Based off of the maps being played I concur.
terramagra
Profile Joined September 2010
United States52 Posts
January 19 2011 03:04 GMT
#91
Go IdrA!!! No, wait.. Go Jinro!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Man.. I don't know who I want to advance. I'm leaning towards Jinro though!
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 19 2011 03:04 GMT
#92
I hope Jinro can surprise me and bring this home because my heart says Jinro but my head says - based on those maps we should see a zerg triumph tonight

I really hope Nada can macro his way to victory please please please!
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
MahatmaSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States192 Posts
January 19 2011 03:05 GMT
#93
I HATE YOU SCHOOL!
Team ZeNEX fighting!
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
January 19 2011 03:21 GMT
#94
I waking up 6:30 AM just for this. I'm on my vacations so I should be waking up 12 PM, but I'll wake up about 6 hours earlier, just for idra vs jinro.

chinro is chinrolling the gracken.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
January 19 2011 03:24 GMT
#95
GOGO JINRO!!!!!!!!!!!!
TL+ Member
Ezekyle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia607 Posts
January 19 2011 03:28 GMT
#96
GRACKEN HWAITING! IDRA FOR THE WIN!

But I'm going to place my liquibet on Chinro, so I'll be happy no matter who wins.
XThunderyX
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States367 Posts
January 19 2011 03:30 GMT
#97
Soooo hard to call since they're both macro players ;_;

YOU CAN DO IT GRACKEN!!!
andy186
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1058 Posts
January 19 2011 03:38 GMT
#98
On January 19 2011 11:55 Pooman wrote:
btw, to anybody saying "3:1 Idra", keep in mind that that requires him to win the 4th game on Jungle Basin. I think it's either 3-0 or 3-2 if Idra is going to win, because JB is a write-off.


I hate this obsession with people writing off Jungle Basin. Jinro can win every map as can Idra just because it is harder doesn't mean its a write off. I hope it gets to the 4th map and idra can beat jinro on it to stop all the omg insta lose for zerg.

throughout that though idra probably would still lose on JB but stop saying its a write off
skedaddle
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland6 Posts
January 19 2011 03:41 GMT
#99
Jinro seems much more confident to me. I foresee a rolfstomping for IdrA.
when in doubt, all in.
Twiggs
Profile Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
January 19 2011 03:43 GMT
#100
I can not wait! Chinro and the Grack! These SC legends will surely give us some good games for a change XD. Idra and Nada Fighting!
My life for Auir | FLASH . JD . BISU . HERO . Nony . Incontrol . FIGHTING
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 234 235 236 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 198
ProTech180
JuggernautJason49
CosmosSc2 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 739
White-Ra 170
Dewaltoss 109
Hyuk 101
firebathero 70
Trap 46
Sacsri 22
Rock 16
Bale 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9308
qojqva1371
Counter-Strike
fl0m1505
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3421
Khaldor1169
crisheroes1095
Liquid`Hasu519
Other Games
summit1g5350
FrodaN1624
XBOCT285
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0169
QueenE75
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• StrangeGG 70
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie938
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 37m
Online Event
15h 37m
FEL
20h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.