• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:48
CEST 03:48
KST 10:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

[GSL] : Code S ro8: Day 2 - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 236 Next
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
January 19 2011 03:45 GMT
#101
On January 19 2011 11:56 chobopeon wrote:


...yeah. i'm psyched.

This is truly an epic video, good sir.
the farm ends here
MOOG
Profile Joined October 2010
United States188 Posts
January 19 2011 03:53 GMT
#102
I was hoping that in the video you'd pour jinro all over the jacket, and have some cheesy lines like "will the gracket repel jinro or will he get penetrated?"
To Do: 1. finish the rest of my practice league matches 2. win GSL
Greggle
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1131 Posts
January 19 2011 03:53 GMT
#103
If it goes into a macro game which is very likely since neither of them are cheesers Jinro definitely has the upper hand. Jinro seems to make a more efficient use of his units, and when all bases are taken and they split the map Jinro should be able to make more efficient use of the resources he has and outlast Idra.

Definitely a close match though, I predict 3:1 for Jinro and perhaps one of the longest series ever.
Life is too short to take it seriously.
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
January 19 2011 03:59 GMT
#104
On January 19 2011 12:53 Greggle wrote:
If it goes into a macro game which is very likely since neither of them are cheesers Jinro definitely has the upper hand. Jinro seems to make a more efficient use of his units, and when all bases are taken and they split the map Jinro should be able to make more efficient use of the resources he has and outlast Idra.

Definitely a close match though, I predict 3:1 for Jinro and perhaps one of the longest series ever.


you didnt see when he played idra? idra made it closer even when they were even in base.

idra's macro is still superior.
Tanstaafl
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom123 Posts
January 19 2011 04:02 GMT
#105
Why do I get the sinking feeling that this match will be decided by the spawn positions on Metalopolis?
Jacob666
Profile Joined January 2011
United States285 Posts
January 19 2011 04:08 GMT
#106
Is the game going to be on at 3am or 5 am Central Standerd Time?
Pervect
Profile Joined June 2007
1280 Posts
January 19 2011 04:11 GMT
#107
On January 19 2011 13:08 Jacob666 wrote:
Is the game going to be on at 3am or 5 am Central Standerd Time?


Stream should go live 3am Central.
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 04:12:53
January 19 2011 04:11 GMT
#108
On January 19 2011 13:02 Tanstaafl wrote:
Why do I get the sinking feeling that this match will be decided by the spawn positions on Metalopolis?

It seems to happen a lot, doesn't it? Especially to Idra lol. I don't know why there's so much QQ about random shit but not that much about stupid things like gamebreaking randomness in spawn locations.
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
January 19 2011 04:14 GMT
#109
Why do I get the sinking feeling that this match will be decided by the spawn positions on Metalopolis?


I get that impression as well. I give each player about a 50% chance of taking Xel'Naga (maybe a slight favor to Jinro due to a "relatively" safe 3rd), but IdrA should win set 3 (especially in cross positions) and Jinro should take sets 4&5. In the RO 32, Jinro didn't look quite as strong on JB as I expected, and he still took a convincing win.

If Idra doesn't open 2:1, it'll be pretty tough for him to take the match. Positions on Metal could play a big role in that.
AWakefield
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada420 Posts
January 19 2011 04:14 GMT
#110
Debating whether to pull an all nighter, or wake up at 5am for this. But either way I can't miss it, and either way I'm going to have a very hard time with my classes tomorrow. But I'll just sleep through my lecture class.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
January 19 2011 04:21 GMT
#111
On January 19 2011 13:14 AWakefield wrote:
Debating whether to pull an all nighter, or wake up at 5am for this. But either way I can't miss it, and either way I'm going to have a very hard time with my classes tomorrow. But I'll just sleep through my lecture class.


Ya, likely will be going on 3 hours of sleep for classes tomorrow after staying up for this.

I always have a case of red bull ready for situations like this.

Sleeping through tonight's games is not an option.
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
January 19 2011 04:22 GMT
#112
gonna be drinkin coors light and having some krispy kreme donuts for this occasion
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
January 19 2011 04:31 GMT
#113
Today is going to be an amazing day of GSL no doubt about it, only 2 can advance but I like all of them.
I <3 Plexa.
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
January 19 2011 04:32 GMT
#114
I'm so sad I can't watch this, its such an awesome round of GSL but my Ausfailian Internet is too close to being speed limited. I wish Gom released replays .

Anyway, my bets are on Jinro an MKP taking it. However I think I'll be happy no matter what the result is, I like all of these players. I'm also rooting for Nada, I think it would be great if an ex-bonjwa were to win a GSL, but what what I've seen marineking is just a beast.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
January 19 2011 04:37 GMT
#115
Marine King's gonna win but I'm rooting for Nada.

I'm rooting for Idra but Jinro will defeat him because Jinro has actual practice partners since he doesn't piss off every other player. Idra's only practice partner is Ret - oops Ret is Jinro's teammate. Have fun practicing against bitbybit on the ladder, Idra, I'm sure that will help you prepare for Jinro!

I only barely like Idra more than Jinro, prolly just because I've watched him longer so I will be rooting for Jinro once again in the semis.
demitris
Profile Joined October 2010
United States65 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 04:56:32
January 19 2011 04:43 GMT
#116
Set 1: (Z)IdrA < Xel'Naga Caverns > (T)Jinro close, I think they will both max out however, Jinro's army will be too strong and the map isn't large enough for Idra to re-max before Jinro does too much damage
Set 2: (Z)IdrA < Metalopolis > (T)Jinro depends on positions
Set 3: (Z)IdrA < Shakuras Plateau > (T)Jinro Idra's macro is too good
Set 4: (Z)IdrA < Jungle Basin > (T)Jinro repeat of Ro32
Set 5: (Z)IdrA < Lost Temple > (T)Jinro Dependent on positions but the map doesn't have much room in the back of the base for mutas and consequently Jinro should be able to zone them out like he did on Jungle in Ro32.
As an admitted Jinro fanboy I think he'll take it 3:2. Sadly this means an all terran Bo4.

Set 1: (T)MarineKing < Shakuras Plateau > (T)NaDa
Set 2: (T)MarineKing < Lost Temple > (T)NaDa
Set 3: (T)MarineKing < Xel'Naga Caverns > (T)NaDa
Set 4: (T)MarineKing < Steppes of War > (T)NaDa
Set 5: (T)MarineKing < Metalopolis > (T)NaDa

Nada's macro is too impeccable and Foxer is most famous for his TvZ not TvT. Still positions play a big role as Foxer's early and mid game is extremely strong. Foxer could pull off a win with close positions on Lost Temple and then I'd give him the advantage on Steppes in which case Metal would be toss up in close positions. Therefore this series could easily go 3-2 in favor of either Terran but expect 3-0 in favor of Nada.
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
January 19 2011 04:47 GMT
#117
On January 19 2011 13:22 WniO wrote:
gonna be drinkin coors light and having some krispy kreme donuts for this occasion


your a lucky person, i wish i had either of those things but mostly the donuts they are so good. Lets go jinro bring the pain. but no matter what glad to see at least one of my favorite players advance
Pooman
Profile Joined October 2010
148 Posts
January 19 2011 04:47 GMT
#118
Nestea is in the Ro4, so it's not quite all Terran.
Clog
Profile Joined January 2011
United States950 Posts
January 19 2011 04:49 GMT
#119
IdrA's ZvT is very good right now. If Jinro doesn't do damage early or go for a creative army comp he is going to get run over.
NesTea | LosirA | MVP | CoCa | Nada | Ryung | DRG | YongHwa
skrzmark
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 04:51:03
January 19 2011 04:50 GMT
#120
On January 19 2011 13:32 Disquiet wrote:
I'm so sad I can't watch this, its such an awesome round of GSL but my Ausfailian Internet is too close to being speed limited. I wish Gom released replays .

Anyway, my bets are on Jinro an MKP taking it. However I think I'll be happy no matter what the result is, I like all of these players. I'm also rooting for Nada, I think it would be great if an ex-bonjwa were to win a GSL, but what what I've seen marineking is just a beast.



Instead of wishing for replays, show your support and buy the premium package...
We got them GOM TvT's and them mlGG's
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 236 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 59
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9586
JimRising 691
ViBE163
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS74
Trikslyr30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1305
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 12m
INu's Battles
10h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
Replay Cast
21h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.