• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:55
CEST 18:55
KST 01:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8326 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 66 67 68 Next
DontDropPlz
Profile Joined December 2015
15 Posts
December 07 2015 13:51 GMT
#21
How should I have countered MASS phoenix?
Maxie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
December 07 2015 14:47 GMT
#22
Viper Anti air AoE maybe?
Moosegills
Profile Joined March 2011
United States558 Posts
December 07 2015 21:33 GMT
#23
Just added some guides that some guys have been pushing out. Make sure to check them out and discuss any questions you might have about them there.
#1 HuK fan, zerg player playing for http://www.complexitygaming.com - @coL_Moosegills
Sauron
Profile Joined November 2008
Romania169 Posts
December 08 2015 08:06 GMT
#24
I am Sauron of the mighty Akilae Tribe. I am trying to figure out the zerg so I can punish them harder for their impurity. Thank you for this thread. En Taro Tassadar!
Soothsayer
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 08 2015 12:37 GMT
#25
What do you guys do vs 2 rax reactor reaper? I'm not finding a cost effective way to combat it, yet. Hoping someone has the answer. I've run into it a few times in the last couple of days.
Cereal
Magus.421
Profile Joined November 2011
France159 Posts
December 08 2015 13:48 GMT
#26
How should I have countered MASS phoenix?


Corruptors, vipers or simply mass hydralisks + queens. Any of these should works.

Fungal + ravager bile should works too, but it's hard to catch phoenix with fungal.
No whine, just play.
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-08 14:12:05
December 08 2015 14:07 GMT
#27
On December 07 2015 22:51 DontDropPlz wrote:
How should I have countered MASS phoenix?


Pro Zerg Enderr, Beat Pro Protoss player Has, who went mass phoenix, wp, adepts. With fast 3 hach, macro hatch upgraded lings (to deny 4th base over and over, and phoenix's) with mass queen and infestor to deal with the phoenix's directly. Buying him enough time to get to ultra's to seal the deal. Still was a very very very close game.


EDIT: What is interesting to note about Enderr's play is he opted to NOT get 2 2 evo upgrades and instead went for faster hive for the upgraded adrenal ling upgrade and ultras instead.
MapleLeafSirup
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany950 Posts
December 08 2015 14:41 GMT
#28
(High Diamond)
Are roaches a must-build in ZvT? I feel like Reaper/Hellion openings are too strong against Ling-based armies, and on open maps even wall-offs don't save me. Also the possibility of making ravagers seems to be a factor. However, I always feel like behing behind economically when I open up with roaches.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 08 2015 15:29 GMT
#29
On December 08 2015 21:37 InfCereal wrote:
What do you guys do vs 2 rax reactor reaper? I'm not finding a cost effective way to combat it, yet. Hoping someone has the answer. I've run into it a few times in the last couple of days.


The best way to combat 2/3 rax reaper is to skip ling speed and get roaches first instead. How many roaches you make depends on how many reapers he makes.

On December 08 2015 23:41 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
(High Diamond)
Are roaches a must-build in ZvT? I feel like Reaper/Hellion openings are too strong against Ling-based armies, and on open maps even wall-offs don't save me. Also the possibility of making ravagers seems to be a factor. However, I always feel like behing behind economically when I open up with roaches.



They aren't a must, but are very nice. You shouldn't need to open roaches in zvt unless the Terran is opening 2-3 rax reaper (in which you skip ling speed for roaches first). This doesn't put you behind versus 2-3 rax reaper as their tech + economy is going to be delayed themselves.

Versus Reaper/Hellion, you can use just lings but would want at minimum 2-3 queens + a spine just in case they do a hellbat timing. I like to use Roaches instead of mass ling (just 4 unless he decides to do a hellbat timing then I add more) and this will not put you behind unless you are just massing roaches.
When I think of something else, something will go here
A_Scarecrow
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia721 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-08 15:57:41
December 08 2015 15:56 GMT
#30
hi guys i recently made a thread on sc2 forums with different guides if you like to add some of the guides here or anything you wish for me to add to it let me know http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/20042845291
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
December 08 2015 18:44 GMT
#31
On December 09 2015 00:29 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2015 21:37 InfCereal wrote:
What do you guys do vs 2 rax reactor reaper? I'm not finding a cost effective way to combat it, yet. Hoping someone has the answer. I've run into it a few times in the last couple of days.


The best way to combat 2/3 rax reaper is to skip ling speed and get roaches first instead. How many roaches you make depends on how many reapers he makes.



Roaches were indeed my first try. Reaper mines seem to deal with them fairly well, though. It's interesting. vOv

Both times I lost were because I stopped making units, and he didn't, so I'm sure they'll work fine if I commit.
Cereal
Erugua
Profile Joined November 2015
13 Posts
December 09 2015 11:59 GMT
#32
I just haven't been able to beat Disruptors lately. Any tips?

my priority order to deal with disruptors : vyper > mutalisk > zerglings
both are efficent, the vyper is actually a huge counter since not many protoss go for HT,
you also can spawn mutalisk waves to snipe out
zergling allow to surround the opponent's army so he basically can't slowplay you with kite and tempo on disruptor's cooldown

I don't think disruptors are that strong actually, the cooldown is really insane in the early stages when you have few of them
-ReD-
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada167 Posts
December 09 2015 15:53 GMT
#33
On December 09 2015 20:59 Erugua wrote:
Show nested quote +
I just haven't been able to beat Disruptors lately. Any tips?

my priority order to deal with disruptors : vyper > mutalisk > zerglings
both are efficent, the vyper is actually a huge counter since not many protoss go for HT,
you also can spawn mutalisk waves to snipe out
zergling allow to surround the opponent's army so he basically can't slowplay you with kite and tempo on disruptor's cooldown

I don't think disruptors are that strong actually, the cooldown is really insane in the early stages when you have few of them


Disruptors scale really well and become really strong when your roach army is too big to split properly, which forces out tier 3 units to deal with them
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
December 09 2015 22:06 GMT
#34
So is opening Ravagers a must vs. Terran? I feel that if you don't pretty much have them on hand vs. Liberators your totally screwed, they are also handy vs. Tankivacs and of course shut down hellion/reapers/buffer for Queens against Banshees.

So should I just skip ling speed all together and open like 3 hatch gasless and start pumping out Queens? Seems like speedling expands really don't....yield any actual benefit compared to Roaches.

And if "yes" to the above question, when is a good time to be taking my first gasses?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 09 2015 22:22 GMT
#35
On December 10 2015 07:06 Beelzebub1 wrote:
So is opening Ravagers a must vs. Terran? I feel that if you don't pretty much have them on hand vs. Liberators your totally screwed, they are also handy vs. Tankivacs and of course shut down hellion/reapers/buffer for Queens against Banshees.

So should I just skip ling speed all together and open like 3 hatch gasless and start pumping out Queens? Seems like speedling expands really don't....yield any actual benefit compared to Roaches.

And if "yes" to the above question, when is a good time to be taking my first gasses?


No it's not a must. I haven't really made ravagers in zvt in awhile now and am finding a lot more enjoyment doing non ravager styled play in this match up.

I wouldn't skip speedlings, maybe for a little bit but not for very long. IF you prefer ravager play (which is what most zergs are doing as far as I know) feel free, but it's not a must.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
December 09 2015 22:42 GMT
#36
On December 10 2015 07:22 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2015 07:06 Beelzebub1 wrote:
So is opening Ravagers a must vs. Terran? I feel that if you don't pretty much have them on hand vs. Liberators your totally screwed, they are also handy vs. Tankivacs and of course shut down hellion/reapers/buffer for Queens against Banshees.

So should I just skip ling speed all together and open like 3 hatch gasless and start pumping out Queens? Seems like speedling expands really don't....yield any actual benefit compared to Roaches.

And if "yes" to the above question, when is a good time to be taking my first gasses?


No it's not a must. I haven't really made ravagers in zvt in awhile now and am finding a lot more enjoyment doing non ravager styled play in this match up.

I wouldn't skip speedlings, maybe for a little bit but not for very long. IF you prefer ravager play (which is what most zergs are doing as far as I know) feel free, but it's not a must.


Ah okay then, tips from the master himself, what is your go to mid game then if you don't mind me asking? I find that Mutalisks kind of..well....

Suck ass once 3+ Liberators are on the field? With marines, turrets, mines, Thors, vikings and libs I almost find that building more then 6 Mutalisks to manage drops is useless but I feel like if I'm not putting some kind of pressure (other then economy pressure by expanding myself) the Terran is just free to mass a huge Bio/Liberator army and wreck face.

Should I be aiming for fast Hive or defensive Roach Hydra until Ultralisks? I feel a bit lost in the match up as of late, especially with the deadly threat of Liberators on your drones.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 09 2015 23:04 GMT
#37
So I wrote a guide on what I do: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499060-zerg-versus-terran-legacy-overview

In general if Terran doesn't open Liberators I open 10-12 mutalisks -> Infestation Pit + Hydralisk Den (morphing Lurker Den while teching to Hive). Make some Lurkers which I am finding very fun and powerful while waiting for Ultarlisks and then using them in combination with Ultra's is so satisfying and fun to do.

If Terran opens up Liberators replace Mutalisks with corruptors (they take out medivacs and liberators ez pz and peeing on PF's is fun).

That's me though, most are doing roach/hydra into Ultra which you can do.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
December 09 2015 23:13 GMT
#38
On December 10 2015 08:04 blade55555 wrote:
So I wrote a guide on what I do: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499060-zerg-versus-terran-legacy-overview

In general if Terran doesn't open Liberators I open 10-12 mutalisks -> Infestation Pit + Hydralisk Den (morphing Lurker Den while teching to Hive). Make some Lurkers which I am finding very fun and powerful while waiting for Ultarlisks and then using them in combination with Ultra's is so satisfying and fun to do.

If Terran opens up Liberators replace Mutalisks with corruptors (they take out medivacs and liberators ez pz and peeing on PF's is fun).

That's me though, most are doing roach/hydra into Ultra which you can do.


Your the man \ <3.<3 /
Cookie
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada94 Posts
December 11 2015 07:45 GMT
#39
I just got crushed by a early terran push on orbital shipyard that had around 10 marines, 2 tanks and 2 liberators. I opened the standard 17/17 into 3rd hatch with a couple roaches, 2 extra queens, and a couple lings. My ramp was sieged by both liberators and tank making it impossible to engage.

When I sent in my ovy, I noticed reactored marines, techlab on factory and a starport, so I assumed it was some sort of drop or defensive play for a fast 3rd. What is should I have done to counter this?
TequilaMockingbird
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany68 Posts
December 11 2015 09:18 GMT
#40
Hi. Low masters Z here.
How exactly am I supposed to beat just the very standard bio comp in LotV ? My ZvT from 60-ish in HotS to below 40 in LotV.
I find myself losing to terrans with half my apm, and not because they cheese me but just because I am absolutely clueless what to do against bio+liberator. Like I dont even have the vaguest idea really.

I tried to stick with muta/ling/bling but that gets annihilated by liberators+mines.
I tried the lurker into ultra thing but probably I am just too bad for that style, i dont know, i have maybe won 1 out of 7 or 8 games with it. Either they drop the life out of me or mostly they actually just role over me before I have Ultras out.

Every Terran always tells me "lololol you get the composition wrong. Just roach-ravager and aclick lolol Z so easy".
So I tried that (without really knowing detailed BOs for that style). But its the same. Bio just rolls me with like the first or second big push out.

Like I said I dont even have the vaguest idea at this point.

PS: sorry if I come across as raging but I havent been this frustrated with a match-up in a very long time
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 111
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 58
Barracks 58
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 797
pashabiceps705
x6flipin587
ceh9384
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3969
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
DeMusliM170
Liquid`VortiX146
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr59
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile125
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade851
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 6m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 6m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.