• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6114 users

[D][G] An Innovation becoming Reality : Biomech vZ - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Helikptrfisk
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden35 Posts
May 26 2014 14:32 GMT
#61
I go the way InnoVation did it. 2 reap - hellion - cloakbanshee - 3rd cc - armory 2t fact - engiebay - 5r rax.

I have 12% winrate =)). I'm in platinum as terran and just switched from toss. I am really surprised how hard it is to macro as terran, damn you've gotta spam them marine-keys
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
May 26 2014 14:56 GMT
#62
On May 26 2014 19:53 Serotonine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2014 19:46 Helikptrfisk wrote:
I dont want to upgrade all 4 upgrades. I wanna stay on attack-upgrades only to get the push going earlier. Will try to just macro better =)). Thx


Which build do you use?

I use Fantasy's which gets 2 Engi bays and 1 Armory, for +1/+1 bio and +1 mech attack early on. I tend to add one more Armory, for +2/+2 bio and +2/+1 mech.

It's a pretty big trade-ff really.
I find that you can always upgrade at least 2; I prefer +1 attack for both bio and mechanical. You cannot 100% safely go for more than that. If you scout certain things, you can decide what to do. Aggression usually means you cannot spend the gas for upgrades, but a passive Zerg does indeed allow you to go up to 4 upgrades. When you secure 3 or preferably 4 bases, you can go mayhem on the upgrades, but until then, I prefer to stick with 2 at a time, adding the second infantry upgrade first (as Armories are as expensive as an upgrade).

On May 26 2014 23:32 Helikptrfisk wrote:
I go the way InnoVation did it. 2 reap - hellion - cloakbanshee - 3rd cc - armory 2t fact - engiebay - 5r rax.

I have 12% winrate =)). I'm in platinum as terran and just switched from toss. I am really surprised how hard it is to macro as terran, damn you've gotta spam them marine-keys

Just wait until you get to test your real macro skills in those prolonged engagements that depend on a steady rally to succeed, like some bio pushes vs Zerg or the Marauder Mine against Protoss.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
May 26 2014 15:22 GMT
#63
I think we should aim at getting all these biomech games sort of organised. There isn't that many, really. Together we can kinda split them up and give them some labels (double upgrades, fast push, defensive, mech opener, i dunno)
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-26 18:23:40
May 26 2014 18:22 GMT
#64
On May 26 2014 23:32 Helikptrfisk wrote:
I go the way InnoVation did it. 2 reap - hellion - cloakbanshee - 3rd cc - armory 2t fact - engiebay - 5r rax.

I have 12% winrate =)). I'm in platinum as terran and just switched from toss. I am really surprised how hard it is to macro as terran, damn you've gotta spam them marine-keys


doing it exactly this way (i will get the armory before the 3rd to get hellbats I think) and my winrate is around 65% vZ this season, it's definitely viable at a non top level

On May 27 2014 00:22 SC2Toastie wrote:
I think we should aim at getting all these biomech games sort of organised. There isn't that many, really. Together we can kinda split them up and give them some labels (double upgrades, fast push, defensive, mech opener, i dunno)


That's a good idea but due to the last patch every TvZ opening will change so we should wait that the dust settles a bit imo.
Zest fanboy.
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
May 29 2014 14:13 GMT
#65
So I tried Fanta style couple of times yesterday and I tend to die a lot just while transitioning. While I just don't have enough bio I die to 16-18 min viper timings. If zerg is good, he can usually keep you busy with mutas while also denying any drop play which is already very limited when you go mech.

Some smart zergs tend to go just mass roach to hold off early pushes with sheer numbers where mech is not really viable. If you fail to do early damage, they just fly off with their upgrades and tech.

Gona try some Inno style today, in meantime anyone having same issues found a solution?
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
May 29 2014 14:23 GMT
#66
On May 29 2014 23:13 Skynx wrote:
So I tried Fanta style couple of times yesterday and I tend to die a lot just while transitioning. While I just don't have enough bio I die to 16-18 min viper timings. If zerg is good, he can usually keep you busy with mutas while also denying any drop play which is already very limited when you go mech.

Some smart zergs tend to go just mass roach to hold off early pushes with sheer numbers where mech is not really viable. If you fail to do early damage, they just fly off with their upgrades and tech.

Gona try some Inno style today, in meantime anyone having same issues found a solution?


right now with the way inno's doing it (less upgrades more army) I just need to spread my tanks correctly to not die to viper. Early hellbats + banshees are enough atm to hold roach pushes.
Zest fanboy.
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 17:43:31
May 29 2014 17:39 GMT
#67
ForGG doing it vs some eurozerg in WCS right now.. vipers incoming soon..

edit: Nope, he lost to hydras..
maru G5L pls
Helikptrfisk
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden35 Posts
May 29 2014 21:41 GMT
#68
What maps do you feel it's good on? I have had the most succes on Merry go round.

When do you push out? Against Roach-Hydra and against lingblingmuta

btw since my post about 12% winrate I have had 60% winrate with this style, yay
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
May 30 2014 13:51 GMT
#69
In case we didn't have this posted somewhere:


This is from the GM Terran tricks, tips, and whatever thread. This is the first part of a 3-part guide to this kind of style.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
May 30 2014 13:55 GMT
#70
On May 30 2014 06:41 Helikptrfisk wrote:
What maps do you feel it's good on? I have had the most succes on Merry go round.

When do you push out? Against Roach-Hydra and against lingblingmuta

btw since my post about 12% winrate I have had 60% winrate with this style, yay


against roach hydra i've tuned down my aggression and i try to drop more and take a 4th. If i can get a pre viper timing i go for it, if not i just add some ravens/vikings in order to deal with the vipers while securing my 4th. Since i get late upgrades it's not a problem to wait a bit.

Vs ling/bling/muta I'm aiming at timings around my combat shield or early timings with my small mech army if I'm sure i can force him to trade with his mutas. (get vikings if you want to do this)
Zest fanboy.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 145
910 50
Dota 2
monkeys_forever327
NeuroSwarm161
Super Smash Bros
PPMD83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9104
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi2943
shahzam556
JimRising 361
C9.Mang0207
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
gamesdonequick246
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.