• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8014 users

How to run a PvT Clinic: HerO at IEM - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
49 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 09 2014 20:56 GMT
#21
On March 10 2014 05:51 Lilbow wrote:
This topic is very late, agressive blink's power decreased a lot because of the MSC nerf and widow mine up. Scouting with MSC is no longer viable so the protoss need to open with a robo or a stargate in order to find out what is going on. You should have make this topic 2 or 3 weeks ago D:


I think you underestimate how much time goes into an article like this

Besides, many of the core ideas are the same even if pulling it off has become slightly more difficult.
AdministratorBreak the chains
fireforce7
Profile Joined June 2010
United States334 Posts
March 09 2014 21:32 GMT
#22
Nice analysis. Thanks to the players for providing such in depth games to make content out of!
I'm terranfying
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
March 09 2014 21:46 GMT
#23
On March 10 2014 05:51 Lilbow wrote:
This topic is very late, agressive blink's power decreased a lot because of the MSC nerf and widow mine up. Scouting with MSC is no longer viable so the protoss need to open with a robo or a stargate in order to find out what is going on. You should have make this topic 2 or 3 weeks ago D:


Yes I agree with your point there. However, it's still worth noting parts of HerO's play that don't have to do with the build.
I wrote this a week after the game, but it does take a long time to get these out.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-09 22:27:27
March 09 2014 22:26 GMT
#24
This editorial is so full of errors it's not even funny. In the first section alone:

You repeat the "introduction: ..." statement.

You repeat "this forces Terrans to be conservative with their stim" or something like that.

No link in the (link).

This is just a small snippet of the errors. I expect more from TL.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
OlDan
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria36 Posts
March 09 2014 22:35 GMT
#25
Dude, don't be discouraged, it's a great article. Little typos etc. will get corrected, no need to worry too much about it.
vjcamarena
Profile Joined October 2013
Spain493 Posts
March 09 2014 22:40 GMT
#26
Very nice article! :D
Mvp and ForGG! - Vortix FTW - Never forget Lucifron
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
March 09 2014 22:45 GMT
#27
Can you list the timing of storm drops?
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
March 09 2014 23:07 GMT
#28
On March 10 2014 05:51 Lilbow wrote:
This topic is very late, agressive blink's power decreased a lot because of the MSC nerf and widow mine up. Scouting with MSC is no longer viable so the protoss need to open with a robo or a stargate in order to find out what is going on. You should have make this topic 2 or 3 weeks ago D:


If you had ever tried producing any article as good as those written by TL strat you would know that is not possible.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
March 09 2014 23:13 GMT
#29
On March 10 2014 07:35 OlDan wrote:
Dude, don't be discouraged, it's a great article. Little typos etc. will get corrected, no need to worry too much about it.

I'm not discouraged, I'm doing something about it as we speak: applying to be an editor.

Typos aren't actually present in this article. The errors that are present range from minor language grievances to inhibiting reading flow to straight up missing important links. The errors are many, great, and are not appropriate for a website of this magnitude and status.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-09 23:21:21
March 09 2014 23:15 GMT
#30
I don't see any glaring errors in there except one typo (and the missing vod links).
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
MrTortoise
Profile Joined January 2011
1388 Posts
March 09 2014 23:24 GMT
#31
nice write up

any links to a vod?
My wife was actually going into labour during this series.
She was not all that impressed when i had to explain to her that hero was making the world cry tears of win and she should just suck it up for another day.
CrumpetMan
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5 Posts
March 09 2014 23:43 GMT
#32
Really cool analysis. Especially of little touches that many pros do, but are rarely talked about, such as the building placement.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13424 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-10 00:34:56
March 10 2014 00:29 GMT
#33
On March 10 2014 08:13 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2014 07:35 OlDan wrote:
Dude, don't be discouraged, it's a great article. Little typos etc. will get corrected, no need to worry too much about it.

I'm not discouraged, I'm doing something about it as we speak: applying to be an editor.

Typos aren't actually present in this article. The errors that are present range from minor language grievances to inhibiting reading flow to straight up missing important links. The errors are many, great, and are not appropriate for a website of this magnitude and status.


That's all my bad I was really busy this week and when I did have time to convert the post I did so quickly and goofed up. I can get a Red to edit it but Waxangel is not online and he is the one who would need to make the changes, so we'll have to live with it until the morning when he gets up.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Isarios
Profile Joined March 2014
United States153 Posts
March 10 2014 01:38 GMT
#34
Thank you all for the hard work you've all put into making the thread. It definitely does bring up some great strategy analyses.

I like how you talk about the strategy and what the aggression and map control are used for, which is what I learned from sOs with his Skytoss builds. A lot of people I find don't understand how to use their strategies at all. What is the aggression for? Why did you move your army in that direction? What exactly does your MSC need to scout for to be safe. Instead of try to scout everything (logic based).

I too feel like there are a few things that could be better though. One of which is that I'd like a lot more in depth clarification and understanding on the choice of 5th base. I feel like the analysis provided does not help me understand what the reasoning was (I can read, what I'm saying is that it doesn't clarify). Which attack paths are closed? Why can't Polt attack the natural? He has done that before I think in that game and in the other ones where he was a mass Nexus murderer.

One cool thing that I took from that game was actually form the Terran perspective. Immediately after I saw that game I asked on battle.net forum how Polt micros and manages to avoid storms. We came to the consensus that he pre-splits and has much more effective dodging on the defensive set up concave than he does on the offensive. Thus lowering his in battle APM need.
Blahhh
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13424 Posts
March 10 2014 01:50 GMT
#35
On March 10 2014 10:38 Isarios wrote:
Thank you all for the hard work you've all put into making the thread. It definitely does bring up some great strategy analyses.

I like how you talk about the strategy and what the aggression and map control are used for, which is what I learned from sOs with his Skytoss builds. A lot of people I find don't understand how to use their strategies at all. What is the aggression for? Why did you move your army in that direction? What exactly does your MSC need to scout for to be safe. Instead of try to scout everything (logic based).

I too feel like there are a few things that could be better though. One of which is that I'd like a lot more in depth clarification and understanding on the choice of 5th base. I feel like the analysis provided does not help me understand what the reasoning was (I can read, what I'm saying is that it doesn't clarify). Which attack paths are closed? Why can't Polt attack the natural? He has done that before I think in that game and in the other ones where he was a mass Nexus murderer.

One cool thing that I took from that game was actually form the Terran perspective. Immediately after I saw that game I asked on battle.net forum how Polt micros and manages to avoid storms. We came to the consensus that he pre-splits and has much more effective dodging on the defensive set up concave than he does on the offensive. Thus lowering his in battle APM need.


Polt has always been the kind of player who pre splits his units and holds a position, this is because his active micro vs banelings for example is bad when compared to someone like MKP. But Polt's decision making (when to do big drops) and ability to hold an aggressive position in a defensive way (pre concaves, contains) is fantastic. He plays to his strengths and i think understanding yourself as a player is very important and Polt is very good at understanding himself.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Isarios
Profile Joined March 2014
United States153 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-10 02:15:31
March 10 2014 02:14 GMT
#36
On March 10 2014 10:38 Isarios wrote:
Thank you all for the hard work you've all put into making the thread. It definitely does bring up some great strategy analyses.

I like how you talk about the strategy and what the aggression and map control are used for, which is what I learned from sOs with his Skytoss builds. A lot of people I find don't understand how to use their strategies at all. What is the aggression for? Why did you move your army in that direction? What exactly does your MSC need to scout for to be safe. Instead of try to scout everything (logic based).

I too feel like there are a few things that could be better though. One of which is that I'd like a lot more in depth clarification and understanding on the choice of 5th base. I feel like the analysis provided does not help me understand what the reasoning was (I can read, what I'm saying is that it doesn't clarify). Which attack paths are closed? Why can't Polt attack the natural? He has done that before I think in that game and in the other ones where he was a mass Nexus murderer.


One cool thing that I took from that game was actually form the Terran perspective. Immediately after I saw that game I asked on battle.net forum how Polt micros and manages to avoid storms. We came to the consensus that he pre-splits and has much more effective dodging on the defensive set up concave than he does on the offensive. Thus lowering his in battle APM need.

By Zeromus: (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to make the quotes work right).
Polt has always been the kind of player who pre splits his units and holds a position, this is because his active micro vs banelings for example is bad when compared to someone like MKP. But Polt's decision making (when to do big drops) and ability to hold an aggressive position in a defensive way (pre concaves, contains) is fantastic. He plays to his strengths and i think understanding yourself as a player is very important and Polt is very good at understanding himself.


Yeah, this was something I didn't know about Polt.
Same thing, I feel like I know my play style pretty well. I tend to have pretty low APM, so I tend to prefer strategy to win vs APM or micro. So I do a lot of double prong attacks and play macro style more because I'm pretty bad with my all-in micro.
Blahhh
AussieStarcraft
Profile Joined October 2013
Australia31 Posts
March 10 2014 06:49 GMT
#37
On March 10 2014 04:16 Corazon wrote:
Ah my first article ^^ so excited. Thanks guys :D
Thanks to Cheren (Brosistic_Savant on reddit) for the idea of HerO's base location and map positioning


Nice work, really enjoyed the breakdown. I really liked HerO's base construction style to limit the scouting a map where you are exposed from so many potential angles. Very clever!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AussieStarcraft
MrMischelito
Profile Joined February 2014
347 Posts
March 10 2014 07:45 GMT
#38
nice. GJ. really interesting read!
corpsepose
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1678 Posts
March 10 2014 08:23 GMT
#39
sick analysis, this was one of the best series in hots so far imo
http://www.twitch.tv/corpsep0se
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
March 10 2014 08:50 GMT
#40
thx guys, awesome stuff here:, takes balls of steel and alot of work to post a guide!

(wierd that some people only post in a topic too troll or whine about a typo, doez id raelli madter iv thare ar sone teipo's when its stilll quite readadle?).
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM894
TaKeTV 347
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 122
ZombieGrub1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 894
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 179
BRAT_OK 122
UpATreeSC 91
JuggernautJason28
EmSc Tv 23
MindelVK 16
Nathanias 12
ZombieGrub1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 710
ggaemo 170
White-Ra 130
firebathero 113
910 59
Barracks 50
Hyun 36
Trap 28
Killer 25
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
soO 14
Shine 13
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4286
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7343
crisheroes1777
Liquid`Hasu1598
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3896
singsing1445
Beastyqt784
ceh9658
B2W.Neo439
C9.Mang0151
ArmadaUGS127
KnowMe105
Trikslyr42
shahzam31
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream428
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 23
EmSc2Tv 23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 110
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2424
• TFBlade870
Other Games
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.