• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:15
CEST 15:15
KST 22:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8895 users

The HotS Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 130

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 269 Next
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
November 26 2013 23:09 GMT
#2581
Do I have to go mutas ZvZ? I hate muta zvz with a passion.
kiLen
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland97 Posts
November 26 2013 23:37 GMT
#2582
Hi, highmasters/low Gm zerg here. I have one question: How do you beat mech in lategame? Im not accepting the answer "dont let them get there" beacause its hard on ladder. What unit composition, how many bases? what should I do vs SkyTerran with thor support? I keep throwing armies at them and they just melt, vipers are really hard to work once they get up a lot of scans, they can snipe them with bcs before you can abduct, attacking is suicide since PDDs and HSMs are super strong, suiciding HSM targeted units into the sky terran amy doesnt do enough damage to bcs.

What do you guys in GM or Masters do vs Skyterran?
LotV HyPe
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 27 2013 02:54 GMT
#2583
On November 27 2013 08:37 kiLen wrote:
Hi, highmasters/low Gm zerg here. I have one question: How do you beat mech in lategame? Im not accepting the answer "dont let them get there" beacause its hard on ladder. What unit composition, how many bases? what should I do vs SkyTerran with thor support? I keep throwing armies at them and they just melt, vipers are really hard to work once they get up a lot of scans, they can snipe them with bcs before you can abduct, attacking is suicide since PDDs and HSMs are super strong, suiciding HSM targeted units into the sky terran amy doesnt do enough damage to bcs.

What do you guys in GM or Masters do vs Skyterran?


If they get a raven/bc/viking composition (and some ground) honestly it's very hard to beat this in a straight up fight. Your best chance is to make a ton of spores, anti air (corruptors), infestors and some swarmhosts (for the ground). That's really your best bet. If you can't fight under spore crawlers and what not then you will lose unless terran messes up.

Honestly though the answer of not let them get there is not that hard to do. Denying the fourth is very important and knowing when he's transitioning is good to so you can attack before he can transition. There are ways to stop it, on a map like akilon it's hard, but on maps where the 4th base isn't free and requires being spread out it is possible.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
November 27 2013 03:52 GMT
#2584
On November 27 2013 08:09 Najda wrote:
Do I have to go mutas ZvZ? I hate muta zvz with a passion.


I use the three queen roach opener on some maps, into hydras and spores. It can work, it's weak to early ling attacks and all ins though
Aegeis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1619 Posts
November 28 2013 01:27 GMT
#2585
So I have a question about ZvP and just dropping a proxy hatchery in general.

I want to experiment in some weird aggression like dropping a hatchery in a Toss's third, 2 base Nydus swarm host queen push, and just really weird early game aggression.

I was in Diamond last season, gold this season for whatever reason.
"Skills to pay the bills" - Artosis, https://twitter.com/AegeisSC2 ,http://www.tumblr.com/blog/socal-esports
MrBarryObama
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)141 Posts
November 29 2013 00:39 GMT
#2586
Newbie zerg player here. In ZvP, why do I need ling speed after lair, as is standard? It seems that roaches are what's recommended to handle any gateway pressure, plus the only immortal all-in these days is the sentry-less kind. I'd much prefer ovie speed after lair for perfect scouting information.
SoulSC2
Profile Joined March 2013
New Zealand12 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-29 03:24:51
November 29 2013 03:24 GMT
#2587
On November 29 2013 09:39 MrBarryObama wrote:
Newbie zerg player here. In ZvP, why do I need ling speed after lair, as is standard? It seems that roaches are what's recommended to handle any gateway pressure, plus the only immortal all-in these days is the sentry-less kind. I'd much prefer ovie speed after lair for perfect scouting information.


Speedlings are just all-round good units. You can run them in to mineral lines, deny expansion attempts, scout the map for pylons. While they're not that great in a large ZvP engagement, they're a fantastic time-buying unit.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-29 04:38:54
November 29 2013 04:02 GMT
#2588
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
November 29 2013 15:47 GMT
#2589
On November 27 2013 11:54 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2013 08:37 kiLen wrote:
Hi, highmasters/low Gm zerg here. I have one question: How do you beat mech in lategame? Im not accepting the answer "dont let them get there" beacause its hard on ladder. What unit composition, how many bases? what should I do vs SkyTerran with thor support? I keep throwing armies at them and they just melt, vipers are really hard to work once they get up a lot of scans, they can snipe them with bcs before you can abduct, attacking is suicide since PDDs and HSMs are super strong, suiciding HSM targeted units into the sky terran amy doesnt do enough damage to bcs.

What do you guys in GM or Masters do vs Skyterran?


If they get a raven/bc/viking composition (and some ground) honestly it's very hard to beat this in a straight up fight. Your best chance is to make a ton of spores, anti air (corruptors), infestors and some swarmhosts (for the ground). That's really your best bet. If you can't fight under spore crawlers and what not then you will lose unless terran messes up.

Honestly though the answer of not let them get there is not that hard to do. Denying the fourth is very important and knowing when he's transitioning is good to so you can attack before he can transition. There are ways to stop it, on a map like akilon it's hard, but on maps where the 4th base isn't free and requires being spread out it is possible.


I think its impossible to even take a fight with such composition, there are simply not units that can deal with terran air. You need to crack him sooner wich is incredibly hard on most maps.

To be honest I dont understand why no pro-terran plays the turtle mech, to me it seems a safe ticket to win and I'd love to see what progamers do against it. And honestly the games dont even take that long 25-30minutes for the army to assemble I think its really scary play to deal with and I'm having most trouble with atm aswell.
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
krelian
Profile Joined August 2010
48 Posts
November 30 2013 16:51 GMT
#2590
Any notable recent replay packs by zerg players recently?
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
November 30 2013 19:41 GMT
#2591
What are some fun units compositions to play around with?

I really like viper. How do you incorporate viper in all 3 matchups?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 01 2013 00:14 GMT
#2592
On December 01 2013 04:41 Corsica wrote:
What are some fun units compositions to play around with?

I really like viper. How do you incorporate viper in all 3 matchups?


Zvt vs mech, vs bio they aren't as great just because it's not hard to have bio run out of the cloud.

zvp they are good just have to avoid feedback.

zvz I dont' think there are really any situations I can think of where you would go vipers over infestors. I guess you could try both but that is a ton of gas.
When I think of something else, something will go here
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10862 Posts
December 02 2013 00:50 GMT
#2593
On December 01 2013 09:14 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2013 04:41 Corsica wrote:
What are some fun units compositions to play around with?

I really like viper. How do you incorporate viper in all 3 matchups?


Zvt vs mech, vs bio they aren't as great just because it's not hard to have bio run out of the cloud.

zvp they are good just have to avoid feedback.

zvz I dont' think there are really any situations I can think of where you would go vipers over infestors. I guess you could try both but that is a ton of gas.


Hi top master Zerg, in ZvZ a few times I have been in a few situations where I just have maxed out roach hydra infestor army in late game ZvZ where map is cut off, and 1 viper, the 1-2 blinding clouds on top of a zerg army when your both going roach hydra infestor is GAME CHANGING because of the amount of DPS you both have and the amount of time that it takes for your opponent to move towards / away from the opponent, either way you have an insane advantage.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
December 02 2013 05:20 GMT
#2594
Just have a bit of a question regarding unit control. I just hit masters again after taking a break. I feel like my macro is really good now and I hit injects well and everything. However, my army control in ZvT and ZvZ is horrid. To the point where I struggle to finish people off even though I have like 80 more supply them them. So my question is as follows;

Should I stop focusing so much on my macro and just hardcore on unit control in battles, or is there a better way to improve my unit control?
Destruktor
Profile Joined June 2013
Spain60 Posts
December 02 2013 11:12 GMT
#2595
Hi! Plat zerg here! I'm having a lot of problems vs late game bio ball Terran.
On mid game I play with standard ling bane muta but on late game I don't know what unit add to my army. BL are too slow and Ultras are easy countered by marauders. I try to use infestors but when they don't have energy I can't hold any push. Any suggestion? Thanks in advanced.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 02 2013 13:34 GMT
#2596
On December 02 2013 14:20 zasg wrote:
Just have a bit of a question regarding unit control. I just hit masters again after taking a break. I feel like my macro is really good now and I hit injects well and everything. However, my army control in ZvT and ZvZ is horrid. To the point where I struggle to finish people off even though I have like 80 more supply them them. So my question is as follows;

Should I stop focusing so much on my macro and just hardcore on unit control in battles, or is there a better way to improve my unit control?


Best way to improve unit control is to practice is. Why are you having bad unit control? Is it laziness? If so stop being lazy! You want to be able to do both well and if your macro is doing good, you don't want to stop macroing good and only have good unit control.

The only things that can help you with that issue is watch games of pros and watch how they engage (how to engage a bio army for example watch like scarlett for example) and then try to add that into your own play.
When I think of something else, something will go here
entropy.
Profile Joined April 2011
Great Britain25 Posts
December 02 2013 16:20 GMT
#2597
I think we should discuss Soulkey's corruptor queen swarm host with ling counter attack build. It seemed fully formed at WCG for the first time.
ryul2akaSavageTrueKimMinChul
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
December 02 2013 19:37 GMT
#2598
On December 02 2013 22:34 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2013 14:20 zasg wrote:
Just have a bit of a question regarding unit control. I just hit masters again after taking a break. I feel like my macro is really good now and I hit injects well and everything. However, my army control in ZvT and ZvZ is horrid. To the point where I struggle to finish people off even though I have like 80 more supply them them. So my question is as follows;

Should I stop focusing so much on my macro and just hardcore on unit control in battles, or is there a better way to improve my unit control?


Best way to improve unit control is to practice is. Why are you having bad unit control? Is it laziness? If so stop being lazy! You want to be able to do both well and if your macro is doing good, you don't want to stop macroing good and only have good unit control.

The only things that can help you with that issue is watch games of pros and watch how they engage (how to engage a bio army for example watch like scarlett for example) and then try to add that into your own play.


Cheers Blade. I think it is a kind of laziness. I know what I should be doing, but when I get into the battle I kind of just use my hotkeys and don't do anything more then that. I notice this especially in ZvZ ling/bling micro. I will lose way to much purely because I just try and do everything via hotkeys. I wonder if I should try engaging with nothing but boxing to force myself to actually do it more manually.
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
December 02 2013 19:39 GMT
#2599
On December 03 2013 01:20 entropy. wrote:
I think we should discuss Soulkey's corruptor queen swarm host with ling counter attack build. It seemed fully formed at WCG for the first time.


Are there VOD's for it? I tried t o find the WCG VOD's yesterday and I couldn't find them
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
December 02 2013 19:42 GMT
#2600
On November 28 2013 10:27 Aegeis wrote:
So I have a question about ZvP and just dropping a proxy hatchery in general.

I want to experiment in some weird aggression like dropping a hatchery in a Toss's third, 2 base Nydus swarm host queen push, and just really weird early game aggression.

I was in Diamond last season, gold this season for whatever reason.


If you are going to proxy a hatch I think the best is either a nat block, sneaky hatch inside their main or the crazy 1 base swarm host that catz does in response to a cannon rush. Hatching their third and going into nydus doesn't make that much sense, if you are going to nydus then why do you need the proxy hatch?
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 269 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 654
SteadfastSC210
TaKeTV 188
ComeBackTV 153
LamboSC2118
Rex63
EnkiAlexander 13
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 210
ProTech141
LamboSC2 118
Rex 63
BRAT_OK 9
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36602
Shuttle 3126
Horang2 935
Bisu 931
Jaedong 726
Mini 609
EffOrt 556
Light 460
BeSt 348
Soma 344
[ Show more ]
firebathero 340
Hyuk 320
Stork 307
Snow 169
Zeus 161
Rush 155
Last 150
ggaemo 147
ZerO 142
Pusan 91
Leta 83
hero 69
Killer 56
sorry 56
Sea.KH 49
Mong 45
Sharp 44
Mind 42
Bale 28
Shinee 27
Aegong 27
Shine 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
NotJumperer 19
Free 14
PianO 13
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Noble 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5799
qojqva1681
Dendi862
420jenkins90
Fuzer 70
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
markeloff162
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2222
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns39455
singsing2161
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo954
Mlord252
DeMusliM185
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX122
Hui .117
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS92
QueenE88
Chillindude13
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)12
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1809
League of Legends
• Jankos2232
• Nemesis979
• TFBlade697
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 45m
Stellar Fest
23h 45m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.