• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:25
CEST 09:25
KST 16:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11735 users

The HotS Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 269

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 267 268 269
Cashling
Profile Joined May 2015
United States49 Posts
October 09 2015 12:54 GMT
#5361
On October 04 2015 19:57 courtpanda wrote:
also, how do you micro against widow mines? ive lost so many games because i dont know how to work around them

If you spot them before try and send 4 lings up and set off so you can move in, if you did not see it then try and leave one or two lings on top of the mine and scatter the rest of the lings away from the splash if possible. Once you see more than say 5 widow mines on the map start spreading units more thin and take widow drops into consideration.
Diamond 1 Noob, Dark we still love you. <3 twitch.tv/nooblingsc2
BingbingBOPOMOFO
Profile Joined July 2015
21 Posts
October 09 2015 20:24 GMT
#5362
I don't understand... How can Terran be so broken he can just come over to my base and destroy me like a minute in? It's so unfair...

Please help a zerg out! I didn't do anything wrong..

http://replays.sc/160
flyleaf
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany89 Posts
November 11 2015 14:29 GMT
#5363
Just wondering is something like this in the works for LotV? Would be nice to have a central discussion thread about all the new fancy stuff. I feel like zerg has so many good tools now, it's really hard to decide to go for which composition in the matchups.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
November 11 2015 14:35 GMT
#5364
On November 11 2015 23:29 flyleaf wrote:
Just wondering is something like this in the works for LotV? Would be nice to have a central discussion thread about all the new fancy stuff. I feel like zerg has so many good tools now, it's really hard to decide to go for which composition in the matchups.


Yes, at the earliest it will be out today. It still needs a lot of building up though so don't expect it to be as thorough as this one yet
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
flyleaf
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany89 Posts
November 11 2015 14:41 GMT
#5365
On November 11 2015 23:35 Jer99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2015 23:29 flyleaf wrote:
Just wondering is something like this in the works for LotV? Would be nice to have a central discussion thread about all the new fancy stuff. I feel like zerg has so many good tools now, it's really hard to decide to go for which composition in the matchups.


Yes, at the earliest it will be out today. It still needs a lot of building up though so don't expect it to be as thorough as this one yet

Nice, thanks for the reply. Quite understandable, there is no meta yet and the changes are bigger in comparison to WoL -> HotS.
VakeSC2
Profile Joined November 2015
2 Posts
November 12 2015 01:47 GMT
#5366
Sup, I just have some questions regarding when its safe to fully saturate your bases. Against Terran what would a scout at 6:30 tell me if I saw X amount of gases when it comes to how much I can drone? I am kind of lost when it comes to knowing how hard I can drone against Terran, As with Protoss it's a little easier because say if they take their 3rd and 4th gasses at the 6-7 min mark that I am free to fully saturate my third, as they are doing a macro-oriented gas heavy build. But with Terran I am not sure how much I can drone with how many gasses I see. How do you guys know when it's safe to fully saturate your third against 2 base play?
Daloze
Profile Joined August 2011
9 Posts
November 12 2015 11:05 GMT
#5367
HI guys,

I've a question about zerg and more particulary about group control. Already posted in other thread but i think this one is more apropriated !

So basically, when I group my army in 1 and then later on I add new units/eggs, there's already other units out going to the base of my opponent for exemple, is when I press back on that group control when i'm look in my base for example, It'll go on my eggs and not on my units that is in my opponent base for example or near it, so it's quite frustating and I lose precious time/macro cause of this.

Is there anyway to adjust it?

TL;DR : How to lock my camera on my units in my control group that are already out outside of the map instead off eggs ?
Aq
VakeSC2
Profile Joined November 2015
2 Posts
November 12 2015 21:56 GMT
#5368
On November 12 2015 20:05 Daloze wrote:
HI guys,

I've a question about zerg and more particulary about group control. Already posted in other thread but i think this one is more apropriated !

So basically, when I group my army in 1 and then later on I add new units/eggs, there's already other units out going to the base of my opponent for exemple, is when I press back on that group control when i'm look in my base for example, It'll go on my eggs and not on my units that is in my opponent base for example or near it, so it's quite frustating and I lose precious time/macro cause of this.

Is there anyway to adjust it?

TL;DR : How to lock my camera on my units in my control group that are already out outside of the map instead off eggs ?


If I understand you correctly, this should only happen when you have less Zerglings than eggs in your control group, thus it centers in on the big portion of that Zergling army. What I do is manually click on the mini map to my Zerglings if I need to micro them until I get enough out that it won't switch to the corner of my base let's say.
Daloze
Profile Joined August 2011
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-13 12:58:37
November 13 2015 12:57 GMT
#5369
On November 13 2015 06:56 VakeSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2015 20:05 Daloze wrote:
HI guys,

I've a question about zerg and more particulary about group control. Already posted in other thread but i think this one is more apropriated !

So basically, when I group my army in 1 and then later on I add new units/eggs, there's already other units out going to the base of my opponent for exemple, is when I press back on that group control when i'm look in my base for example, It'll go on my eggs and not on my units that is in my opponent base for example or near it, so it's quite frustating and I lose precious time/macro cause of this.

Is there anyway to adjust it?

TL;DR : How to lock my camera on my units in my control group that are already out outside of the map instead off eggs ?


If I understand you correctly, this should only happen when you have less Zerglings than eggs in your control group, thus it centers in on the big portion of that Zergling army. What I do is manually click on the mini map to my Zerglings if I need to micro them until I get enough out that it won't switch to the corner of my base let's say.


Ah alright, well ye that's what I do usually but i'm trying to find way to maximise the efficiency of my macro and micro :D

Ty for the answer
Aq
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
November 15 2015 15:53 GMT
#5370
Does anyone have the 2 base roach ravager rush build order perhaps?
....
Waaagh
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany29 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-20 08:35:31
November 20 2015 08:32 GMT
#5371
I play the Roach/Ravager like this:

13 Overlord
17 Hatch
19 Pool + 2 Gas, 2 Queens, 2 Pair of Lings and a Overlord
@ 100 Gas Speedlings
29 Roachwarren
Now build 5-8 Roaches, morph them and go. Follow up with Lings and new Roaches/Ravagers.

Any good Order against Protoss?
I try to get Heydra / Ling for it.

And against Zerg...Jeeez...Just mass Lings/Banelings =(

But carefull, im simply new at LotV =)

I thanks for any tips :D
twitch.tv/waaagh83ger
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
December 05 2015 16:05 GMT
#5372
The LotV help me thread is up!
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Prev 1 267 268 269
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 646
soO 562
Hyuk 419
BeSt 351
Mind 38
Shinee 27
Bale 23
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1059
XaKoH 523
XcaliburYe96
League of Legends
JimRising 555
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
summit1g9587
olofmeister525
ceh9441
Livibee124
ArmadaUGS52
Happy1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick553
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH356
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1386
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 35m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.