• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7915 users

The (HotS) Zerg Help Me Thread Beta - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 27 Next All
strobeLite
Profile Joined July 2012
United States37 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-16 18:24:52
December 16 2012 18:04 GMT
#121
This is probably more a WoL question, but I just switched from protoss to zerg and was wondering how you respond vs. mech in the early game. I've been doing fine against hellions because I usually just put a spine down and pull my natural queen back next to my main queen and wait to trap them with speedlings. When I suspect banshees though, I'm not sure what to do. One queen can't kill two banshees and I usually don't have enough energy for transfuse by the time I get my other queen over. Is it ok to put spores in your mineral line, or is that too much of an investment? Should I already be getting hydras or mutas?

Also when I go viper I see a lot more people using blinding cloud than abduct, when do I use each? I'm guessing abduct vs. protoss, cloud vs. terran since abducting colossi smashes forcefields and protoss doesn't have long range air aoe.
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
December 16 2012 19:17 GMT
#122
On December 16 2012 07:23 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 21:34 Decendos wrote:
do you guys have a good and viable strat vs bio? i literally tried everything but well...medivac speedboost + new healing is just OP right now, especially since infestor has become a useless unit. they just can mass drop you everywhere, are now nearly invincible if they are behind a mineral line and if you have enough to defend they pick up, use boost and are gone. so basically T is now able to lets say 90% riskfree drops AND if you force a fight the new medivacs in combination with the sucky infestor makes bio not only incredibly awesome at harrassing but also in a fight.

would be very welcome if somebody got a viable standard strat vs bio.


Well I am currently trying to go mutalisk in zvt but tbh I think I am having mixed results.

So far I am having the most success with roach/ling/bane and starting hive at 10:45 - 11 minutes (pretty much as soon as infestation pit finishes). Then I go into ultra/ling/bane/viper with a few hydras to kill medivacs.

To deal with drop play I have some static D at bases and at my main I will leave a group of ling/bane as well. This is what I have the best results with at the moment.


thanks. i had the "best" results so far with ling bling hydra into ling bling viper hydra ultra now. but "best" is not really good because if he microes well i still have the feeling that its completely impossible to deal with the new MMM in a halfway efficient way. mutas are a complete waste in ZvT imo though.

you said kill medivacs with hydras. well i know you play at very high level but i think then T start to pull their medivacs back (which is very easy now thx to speedboost) the medivaccount gets out of hand very fast. and thats where i think Z has nothing to deal with once T reaches 10+ of the supervacs.
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
December 16 2012 20:12 GMT
#123
If any gm/master player would kindly post replays, I would greatly appreciate.
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-16 20:36:02
December 16 2012 20:34 GMT
#124
On December 14 2012 08:53 blade55555 wrote:
You should first off not let him get that composition if at all possible. Being aggressive with roach/hydra/viper and making sure not to give him the time to get that composition is key. You do need corruptors for the carriers and hydras for the void rays so if he's getting that composition and he's getting it in mass you can not kill it. You are dead now that void rays crush corruptors hardcore now.

So you have to prevent it by never letting him get that composition in mass.

How do you feel about this kind of game flow?
I hate lategame invincible maxed compositions, I think Blizzard should have learned from broodlord/infestor that they ruin game flow by giving both sides obvious game plans from which you can't really escape.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 16 2012 21:25 GMT
#125
On December 17 2012 05:34 Azoryen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:53 blade55555 wrote:
You should first off not let him get that composition if at all possible. Being aggressive with roach/hydra/viper and making sure not to give him the time to get that composition is key. You do need corruptors for the carriers and hydras for the void rays so if he's getting that composition and he's getting it in mass you can not kill it. You are dead now that void rays crush corruptors hardcore now.

So you have to prevent it by never letting him get that composition in mass.

How do you feel about this kind of game flow?
I hate lategame invincible maxed compositions, I think Blizzard should have learned from broodlord/infestor that they ruin game flow by giving both sides obvious game plans from which you can't really escape.


It's dumb, but it's also hard to avoid for the most part. Even in BW protoss could eventually get this unkillable army, but it was way way harder to get in bw and I think it may have stopped being the strongest, I can't remember, but I know it wasn't very common like in sc2 pvz where deathballs are normal.

I hope if it does end up being to powerful that blizzard will balance it, but as of right now it is very possible to stop protoss from ever getting that composition due to everything not being figured out.
When I think of something else, something will go here
PineapplePizza
Profile Joined June 2010
United States749 Posts
December 16 2012 22:15 GMT
#126
Does nobody here use infestors anymore? They still look incredibly strong, except you can't use more than 10, since IT's don't scale, and their eggs are easy to destroy.

I don't see how you're supposed to handle lategame 3/3 cadaceus reactor bio without chain fungals, yet people are theorycrafting using shit like hydras. Does nobody here know what happened in the WoL beta? Zergs stopped using roach/hydra because of MMM, and the viper is not going to make that army any easier to fight.
"There should be no tying a sharp, hard object to your cock like it has a mechanical arm and hitting it with the object or using your cockring to crack the egg. No cyborg penises allowed. 100% flesh only." - semioldguy
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
December 17 2012 00:33 GMT
#127
On December 17 2012 07:15 Ooshmagoosh wrote:
Does nobody here use infestors anymore? They still look incredibly strong, except you can't use more than 10, since IT's don't scale, and their eggs are easy to destroy.

I don't see how you're supposed to handle lategame 3/3 cadaceus reactor bio without chain fungals, yet people are theorycrafting using shit like hydras. Does nobody here know what happened in the WoL beta? Zergs stopped using roach/hydra because of MMM, and the viper is not going to make that army any easier to fight.

Under usage is a natural reaction to a nerf and so is over usage after a buff.

However, if hydras ever get more widely use than infestors, then the hydra den should be the requirement for hive.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 17 2012 01:00 GMT
#128
Ultra long bane viper is strong vs bio oosh. Just takes more skill to use it rightly unlike pre patch infestors.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-17 08:36:46
December 17 2012 08:24 GMT
#129
I have a suggestion that I think interests us Zergs more than other races, but I'm sure they won't let me make a thread about tit, so I'll just post it here and hope any high profile wants to promote the idea:

Blizzard already got rid of ramp blocks by introducing unbuildable plates.
I believe the next step is to do something about natural blocks, and I have a small suggestion that could take care of that:
1) place unbuildable rocks at naturals
2) make those unbuildable rocks removable when you put down a CC/nexus/hatch (assume they get burried under the the structure).

SC2 has become a game where Fast Expands are the standard openings for every race in every MU. Imo, this makes the natural almost a right the players have that shouldn't be so easily denied/delayed.
Tif
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany19 Posts
December 17 2012 09:21 GMT
#130
On December 16 2012 07:23 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 21:34 Decendos wrote:
do you guys have a good and viable strat vs bio? i literally tried everything but well...medivac speedboost + new healing is just OP right now, especially since infestor has become a useless unit. they just can mass drop you everywhere, are now nearly invincible if they are behind a mineral line and if you have enough to defend they pick up, use boost and are gone. so basically T is now able to lets say 90% riskfree drops AND if you force a fight the new medivacs in combination with the sucky infestor makes bio not only incredibly awesome at harrassing but also in a fight.

would be very welcome if somebody got a viable standard strat vs bio.


Well I am currently trying to go mutalisk in zvt but tbh I think I am having mixed results.

So far I am having the most success with roach/ling/bane and starting hive at 10:45 - 11 minutes (pretty much as soon as infestation pit finishes). Then I go into ultra/ling/bane/viper with a few hydras to kill medivacs.

To deal with drop play I have some static D at bases and at my main I will leave a group of ling/bane as well. This is what I have the best results with at the moment.


I´m also struggling agains mass bio + new Medivac.I think the bigest problem is that a good T player can out micro most unit combination. I also had the most success with Ultra, hydra, ling/bling and a few infestor to hold the bio down. But hiting the fungle agains a good player is realy realy realy hard.

I also tried to use Viper instad of Infestors. But I think that they only work if you can somehow force a engagment and i duno how to do that on a big map. I mean, it is not like the bio will keep staying under the cloud and the Viper energy is limited.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
December 17 2012 11:06 GMT
#131
Blade, I watched the stream the day you played 5 Hots zvz in a row and saw that you like to open hatch-first. How do you defend a ling all-in?
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
tzui
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany60 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-17 11:26:01
December 17 2012 11:24 GMT
#132
On December 17 2012 18:21 Tif wrote:

I also tried to use Viper instad of Infestors. But I think that they only work if you can somehow force a engagment and i duno how to do that on a big map. I mean, it is not like the bio will keep staying under the cloud and the Viper energy is limited.


on open space you crush terra bio anyway with ultra ling bling, blinding cloud ist for this ugly narrow chokes where clunky ultras bugged to death
Tif
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany19 Posts
December 17 2012 11:46 GMT
#133
On December 17 2012 20:24 tzui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2012 18:21 Tif wrote:

I also tried to use Viper instad of Infestors. But I think that they only work if you can somehow force a engagment and i duno how to do that on a big map. I mean, it is not like the bio will keep staying under the cloud and the Viper energy is limited.


on open space you crush terra bio anyway with ultra ling bling, blinding cloud ist for this ugly narrow chokes where clunky ultras bugged to death


First of big maps do not necessarily mean open space. I do not see how you "crush" a terran bio army with this combo on open field. If T kit micro is good he ca trade quiet efficent for a long time and trade quiet efficent this way. If you get a suround (what is hard to do and quiet often related to a mistake on the terran side) or terran sees that he is on a disadvantage and just needs to lift up und "boostaway". I do not think that you can engage the new medivac without some anti air, thats why most people try out Hydralisks. In my opinion you also need some high dps/splash dmg units in order to beat the high medivac regeneration which are namely: Infestor, Baneling, Hydralisk, Ultralisk.
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-17 13:45:22
December 17 2012 13:43 GMT
#134
Anyone finding the new 'select all army' hotkey useful?
This could save apm from adding eggs to hotkeys, but if you have mutas or infestors in a separate hotkey, you often have to give them a different command after using the global hotkey.
Not sure if it's worth it.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
December 17 2012 16:46 GMT
#135
The most annoying thing is that my watchtower lings are selected by this hotkey, too. But I think the hotkey could be somewhat useful to beginners. "I am attacked! I need my complete army to defend!"
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 17 2012 20:43 GMT
#136
On December 17 2012 20:06 [F_]aths wrote:
Blade, I watched the stream the day you played 5 Hots zvz in a row and saw that you like to open hatch-first. How do you defend a ling all-in?


ling/bane myself if he does 14/14 ling/bane all in you just make a spine or 2, get baneling nest first and use queens.

Just have to make sure you use your queens + lings to do it.
When I think of something else, something will go here
zergrushkekeke
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia241 Posts
December 18 2012 01:07 GMT
#137
About the F2 and the xel naga towers, maybe if units on hold didn't get selected, or units not in a group. Offracing as protoss I noticed building a pylon next to a tower gave me vision even when a unit wasn't around. If a hatchery cost 50 minerals that would be a fair balance change

In seriousness I'll try a queen and overlord planting a creep tumor next to a tower tonight and see if that works for vision. then you can deny unitless vision (creep blocking buildings) and force some detection too for watchtower control. Otherwise it feels too easy for T and P compared to Z, unless there is a gas geyser at each tower.
KEKEKE
tzui
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany60 Posts
December 18 2012 03:31 GMT
#138
i wish units in patrol mode would not get selected, then you can patrol at watchtowers and vs drops in your mineral line and use F2 instead of str-1
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
December 18 2012 05:22 GMT
#139
On December 17 2012 07:15 Ooshmagoosh wrote:
Does nobody here use infestors anymore? They still look incredibly strong, except you can't use more than 10, since IT's don't scale, and their eggs are easy to destroy.

I don't see how you're supposed to handle lategame 3/3 cadaceus reactor bio without chain fungals, yet people are theorycrafting using shit like hydras. Does nobody here know what happened in the WoL beta? Zergs stopped using roach/hydra because of MMM, and the viper is not going to make that army any easier to fight.


Vipers can abduct and pick off medivacs, keeping the medivac's numbers down through out the entire game will be critical imo.
BigRedDog
Profile Joined May 2012
461 Posts
December 18 2012 05:48 GMT
#140
I never use the F2 key before in my games. I thought the select all army is when, 'oh sh!t. I am about to lose and i need everything that can attack to come...." In that scenario, pulling every units (include those on patrol or hold) will be ideal.

On December 18 2012 12:31 tzui wrote:
i wish units in patrol mode would not get selected, then you can patrol at watchtowers and vs drops in your mineral line and use F2 instead of str-1

Big Red Dog!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings90
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 978
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4530
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10596
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0275
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 37m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 37m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 37m
Replay Cast
22h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.