• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9442 users

[D] PvZ - Jangbi's 1gate pressure into fast 3rd - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
EZ_blacktears
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany4 Posts
July 18 2012 14:48 GMT
#81
Ye i saw the game of naniwa aswell, mmh.. im still not sure if zerg cant mess it up with "early" double gas speed into mutas...
Because when they hit you offguard and you lose your stalkers, i dont see a way to defend your 3rd against lings and main and 2nd vs the first mutas.
1-0 wont be done if the zerg would play a HARD timing against this build :/

Would really love to see many more replays, because it seems kinda fragile to me, but extremly strong against all the roach players.
frostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States178 Posts
July 18 2012 15:09 GMT
#82
The pressure forces spines/units, which halts drone production. This means if you keep making probes behind your micro, you will have a better economy. Just wall off well with gates/few cannons for the return pressure, and you should be fine most of the time.
we are all but shadows in the void
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
July 18 2012 15:28 GMT
#83
Yeah Nani showed this build perfectly.
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
July 18 2012 16:10 GMT
#84
I'd really like to try this. Mixing in a few Stalkers makes it mechanically intensive. The Stalkers must be microed well (can't be lost), you must continue worker production and continually add infrastructure. I really like it, though. It would be great to force Spine/Ling production, allowing you to add perhaps 4 extra Gates, a Robo, more gases, and a safe third.
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
July 18 2012 16:41 GMT
#85
Nice of you to post your build. I'll know what you're doing when I see you on ladder.
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
Jaeger
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1150 Posts
July 18 2012 19:01 GMT
#86
Just went through nani's stream vod and didn't see this at all. Can someone link the vod and time?
https://www.dotabuff.com/players/8137911
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 21:23:35
July 18 2012 21:12 GMT
#87
On July 19 2012 04:01 Jaeger wrote:
Just went through nani's stream vod and didn't see this at all. Can someone link the vod and time?

I saw him doing a 2 base blink all-in with 4 sentries and an observer mixed in. That build isn't great against pure stephano style, really. He doesn't pressure at all early on and hits when zerg should already be maxed out.

It's not at all like jangbi's build.

edit: I found a game that looks like the same build. He doesn't pressure as much with his first units, just forcing a few lings and pulling back, but that's still pretty sufficient. http://sv.twitch.tv/quanticnani/b/325242324?t=2h28m
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
Serotonin1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States225 Posts
July 18 2012 22:28 GMT
#88
http://drop.sc/223948 - I could've kept pressuring but I wasn't sure if he had speed or not. I even let a ling run by into my main cus I'm bad at this game. Build still needs to be refined but I still have to say its a lot of fun.

http://drop.sc/223948 - I decided eh, what the hell I'll try doing a gate expo without knowing what the build order even is and then wing it from here. Basic idea is the same. I mean even if you execute poorly like I did with no build order, most Zergs that are on auto pilot in ZvP will get wrecked.

Note: I'm uploading these two replays to give people an idea of what it's like. I am terrible at this game, there is no need to tell me this.
Pobbes
Profile Joined August 2010
Philippines54 Posts
July 19 2012 03:12 GMT
#89
so i've found a little problem with this build. what the zerg did was when he saw that i was pressuring with the zealots and stalkers he didn't drone at all and got ling speed and roaches. after wiping the initial stalker / zealots he just attacked my main which had 1 cannon. tried to use sentries but my gates were up a little late. (i might have screwed up my building placement a little, although i don't think it would've mattered much.

http://drop.sc/224034
you got map jacked
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 03:57:17
July 19 2012 03:55 GMT
#90
On July 19 2012 12:12 Pobbes wrote:
so i've found a little problem with this build. what the zerg did was when he saw that i was pressuring with the zealots and stalkers he didn't drone at all and got ling speed and roaches. after wiping the initial stalker / zealots he just attacked my main which had 1 cannon. tried to use sentries but my gates were up a little late. (i might have screwed up my building placement a little, although i don't think it would've mattered much.

http://drop.sc/224034

I used to do this as zerg. It's pretty risky, as a protoss could be going for a 2 base all-in and not only defend, but counterattack and win easily. I'm not sure what the best way to scout this would be, but possibly just try to hold watch towers or hide a probe after your harass to follow up with scouting. I don't know if it would be viable to mix a robo in this build just for an observer, but that could also help out with the blink attack later anyway.

Thanks for posting a high level replay. Ryze is really good.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
mewo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States221 Posts
July 19 2012 04:47 GMT
#91
I've been going stargate and cutting the second zealot. It has been pretty good. In 25 games at high masters I don't think I have come across anyone who had a hardcounter.
Jaeger
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1150 Posts
July 19 2012 04:57 GMT
#92
On July 19 2012 12:12 Pobbes wrote:
so i've found a little problem with this build. what the zerg did was when he saw that i was pressuring with the zealots and stalkers he didn't drone at all and got ling speed and roaches. after wiping the initial stalker / zealots he just attacked my main which had 1 cannon. tried to use sentries but my gates were up a little late. (i might have screwed up my building placement a little, although i don't think it would've mattered much.

http://drop.sc/224034


I think pylon blocking his natural slows down your gateway way too much.
You're also on a 4 player map which means you had to double scout and forge first which slows everything down once again.
You have to go cannon before gate, again slowing things down.
For reference (P)JangBi's gate starts at 3:10 yours starts at 3:38.

Your core and zealot are late (gate finishes @ 4:43 core starts @ 4:55, zealot starts @ 5:02).
This all adds.

Your first stalker finishes at 6:24 compare that to (P)JangBi's at 5:46.

You start your 2nd gas on time but never mine from it. Your 3rd gas was queued to start on time but you canceled the order (I assume accidentally) so you were way behind on gas.

You got spawned in dumb positions on entombed which means counter attacking is way stronger than it is normally.

His counter attack hits @ 9:00. I think with really good execution you could've had additional gates up and held that although the rocks would make it hard if he continued attacking and bounced back and forth between the natural and the 3rd).

I think the map and especially those spawning positions make it not really a great strategy there. His rally path naturally flanks your units in his 3rd and makes it more difficult to micro/escape/reinforce.
If you're going to do it there I think you need to build your cannon in range of the rocks. A cannon can take those rocks down by 7 minutes.

Maybe something like [image loading]
https://www.dotabuff.com/players/8137911
eScaper-tsunami
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 07:37:28
July 19 2012 07:33 GMT
#93
On July 19 2012 13:57 Jaeger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 12:12 Pobbes wrote:
so i've found a little problem with this build. what the zerg did was when he saw that i was pressuring with the zealots and stalkers he didn't drone at all and got ling speed and roaches. after wiping the initial stalker / zealots he just attacked my main which had 1 cannon. tried to use sentries but my gates were up a little late. (i might have screwed up my building placement a little, although i don't think it would've mattered much.

http://drop.sc/224034


I think pylon blocking his natural slows down your gateway way too much.
You're also on a 4 player map which means you had to double scout and forge first which slows everything down once again.
You have to go cannon before gate, again slowing things down.
For reference (P)JangBi's gate starts at 3:10 yours starts at 3:38.

Your core and zealot are late (gate finishes @ 4:43 core starts @ 4:55, zealot starts @ 5:02).
This all adds.

Your first stalker finishes at 6:24 compare that to (P)JangBi's at 5:46.

You start your 2nd gas on time but never mine from it. Your 3rd gas was queued to start on time but you canceled the order (I assume accidentally) so you were way behind on gas.

You got spawned in dumb positions on entombed which means counter attacking is way stronger than it is normally.

His counter attack hits @ 9:00. I think with really good execution you could've had additional gates up and held that although the rocks would make it hard if he continued attacking and bounced back and forth between the natural and the 3rd).

I think the map and especially those spawning positions make it not really a great strategy there. His rally path naturally flanks your units in his 3rd and makes it more difficult to micro/escape/reinforce.
If you're going to do it there I think you need to build your cannon in range of the rocks. A cannon can take those rocks down by 7 minutes.

Maybe something like [image loading]


On a 4 player map, there's just no way that you can use jangbi's build without risking to die to silly early pools. Double scout is almost mandatory (unless playing on GSL version of maps) and that really pushes all timings behind quite a bit.

I still feel this build is best played out on cloud kingdom using a gas steal on zerg's main. I usually do it before I leave the main from zerglings then stall around to check 3rd and because I stole the gas, I cut 1 zealot (which also saves me 1 chronoboost)

Edit: On a side note, I also find that a gas steal on standard maps also helps, if my probe skips out on scouting the 3rd and sneaks into the main without overlords/zerglings catching me before reaching the natural, I can always check the other gas. The initial zealot is then sent to the 3rd.
RuhRoh is my herO
Krallman
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden713 Posts
July 19 2012 07:52 GMT
#94
Naniwa has played around with it a lot of his stream, making some like 5-7 units from his gw and takes a third. Looks pretty nice but it has kind of a weak mid game if the stalkers dont do enough dmg tbh.
Im better than Stefan
Kornholi0
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada634 Posts
July 19 2012 08:00 GMT
#95
I know this build sounds great, but "a bunch of +2 blink stalkers at 11 minutes" really doesn't seem that great, considering you can get maxed anywhere from 10:30-11:30 with roach/ling, without sentries or immortals you can't trade stalkers effectively enough.

I feel really bad for protoss cause they basically are forced to 2 base all-in to contest, or turtle colossi (end up losing shortly thereafter to corruptors from zergs 4-5 base eco)

I think if you take this same build, maybe cut 1 stalker per warp in, and tech towards colossi you would have less unit by 11:00 but maybe immortals and more sentries?
Team Channel: VTeX Team Co-leader: AGGhost 223 Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/agghost
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
July 19 2012 08:53 GMT
#96
On July 19 2012 17:00 Kornholi0 wrote:
I know this build sounds great, but "a bunch of +2 blink stalkers at 11 minutes" really doesn't seem that great, considering you can get maxed anywhere from 10:30-11:30 with roach/ling, without sentries or immortals you can't trade stalkers effectively enough.

I feel really bad for protoss cause they basically are forced to 2 base all-in to contest, or turtle colossi (end up losing shortly thereafter to corruptors from zergs 4-5 base eco)

I think if you take this same build, maybe cut 1 stalker per warp in, and tech towards colossi you would have less unit by 11:00 but maybe immortals and more sentries?

You are assuming the stalker pressure early game does nothing and that the protoss player goes purely into a 3 base blink all-in every single time. Protoss can easily tech after securing the third base with blink stalkers.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 09:01:11
July 19 2012 08:54 GMT
#97
I know this build sounds great, but "a bunch of +2 blink stalkers at 11 minutes" really doesn't seem that great, considering you can get maxed anywhere from 10:30-11:30 with roach/ling, without sentries or immortals you can't trade stalkers effectively enough.


No. A max before 11:00 is extremely rare (earliest i have met at low masters was almost 12 minutes) and with any kind of pressure like this they will have a lot of trouble doing what they want. Zerg cannot get a critical mass of speed roaches, or a handful of infestors with supporting army out fast enough to trade well and come out ahead against 3 base blink aggression very easily at all, the few games i have seen end with zerg unable to get supply up enough to either deny the third in good economic standings or hold an all in comfortably, it seems to be extremely dangerous, im gonna try some on ladder soonish
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Flyingdutchman
Profile Joined March 2009
Netherlands858 Posts
July 19 2012 09:11 GMT
#98
On July 19 2012 17:00 Kornholi0 wrote:
I know this build sounds great, but "a bunch of +2 blink stalkers at 11 minutes" really doesn't seem that great, considering you can get maxed anywhere from 10:30-11:30 with roach/ling, without sentries or immortals you can't trade stalkers effectively enough.

I feel really bad for protoss cause they basically are forced to 2 base all-in to contest, or turtle colossi (end up losing shortly thereafter to corruptors from zergs 4-5 base eco)

I think if you take this same build, maybe cut 1 stalker per warp in, and tech towards colossi you would have less unit by 11:00 but maybe immortals and more sentries?


You start pressure a lot earlier, at a time where the zerg still needs to drone in order to hit the 11:00 max timing. Theoretical max timings aren't relevant if you do this build properly.
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
July 19 2012 09:14 GMT
#99
On July 19 2012 17:54 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
I know this build sounds great, but "a bunch of +2 blink stalkers at 11 minutes" really doesn't seem that great, considering you can get maxed anywhere from 10:30-11:30 with roach/ling, without sentries or immortals you can't trade stalkers effectively enough.


No. A max before 11:00 is extremely rare (earliest i have met at low masters was almost 12 minutes) and with any kind of pressure like this they will have a lot of trouble doing what they want. Zerg cannot get a critical mass of speed roaches, or a handful of infestors with supporting army out fast enough to trade well and come out ahead against 3 base blink aggression very easily at all, the few games i have seen end with zerg unable to get supply up enough to either deny the third in good economic standings or hold an all in comfortably, it seems to be extremely dangerous, im gonna try some on ladder soonish

I can max any game at 10:30 with no pressure. It's just very different when you have a 2 zealot 1 stalker type of early pressure.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
July 19 2012 14:09 GMT
#100
I have played with this build agaisn't one of my friends and won the three games we played and I feel like this build is straight up very hard to do on some map like Ohana and Entombed where if you try pressuring the third, the lings reinforcement from the main and nat comes in from behind you, creating a situation where it is really easy for the zerg to surround your units. It works much better on maps like Cloud Kingdom and Daybreak where all the lings reinforcement comes from the same place so it is much easier to not loose your stalkers.

Also, not being used to multitasking this heavily early in the game combined with the fact that I don't know the build yet makes it so I have a lot of trouble getting the build right Sometimes I forget a gas, sometimes I forget my third base, then I can't add gateways because I don't have pylon coverage, then you realize you have forgotten your +1 zzzzzz

I feel like during your poke, you should try to target queens down as killing them will considerably slows a stephano style roach build if he tries it. He will have to rebuild queen, he wasn't able to drone hard, maybe even lost drones. I usually achieve to keep the zerg on a similar drone (not to mine to himself, if he has 35 drones at the start, maybe he will have 38 drones at the end, exemple) count from like 6:00 to 8:00 depending on how well I control my stuff. This makes it really hard, if not impossible, to hit a full strength 200 pop roach attack in a reasonable timing. If you do what you consider enough damage, I would proceed with the 11min stalker push, if you don't do enough damage, I would suggest a build a little bit more defensive and hitting the usual pre-broodlord timing.

Final thoughts : Sick build @ my opinion.

P.S : I have replays if anyone wants them, as I said, I don't really do the build well, and sometimes I forget some stuff, but the general feel is there.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10500
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm195
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift5203
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr44
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox566
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9510
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 203
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo684
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.