• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8050 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 430 431 432 Next
uoeahtns
Profile Joined February 2012
52 Posts
June 03 2012 00:07 GMT
#21
Have you guys considered using scroll up and scroll down for mouse hotkeys? While they might not be as functional as the other mouse buttons, I've found them great as harass hotkeys due to the fact that it is so much easier to scroll two clicks than to double tap a button on the keyboard.
ksert
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany7 Posts
June 03 2012 00:16 GMT
#22
it took me a little (!) bit of time to adjust the layout to my german keyboard. is there soon gonna be a layout releasing for qwertz keyboards?
BadgKat
Profile Joined June 2011
United States156 Posts
June 03 2012 00:22 GMT
#23
On June 03 2012 08:15 JaKaTaK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2012 08:13 BadgKat wrote:
I've been using a heavily modified standard for a while now. I'M going to give this a shot tonight and see how it feels. I've been Really exited to see how this would work for me. So much announcement of announcementing I wasn't sure how much longer i could take the hype


Its going to be a weird at first, but having the shift key under my thumb feels soooo good now that I am used to it. GL HF

The hardest part for me is that I've gotten so used to spamming ring(q)-middle(w)-index(e)-index(r) that I'm not really sure how to deal with ring-middle spamming. I might put this on hold for a little while.
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
June 03 2012 00:23 GMT
#24
A quick idea, how about you make the main menu button ALT+N instead of F9; so that when you need to surrender, instead of hitting F9 then N, you can just hold ALT then hit NN. This is what I do with my normal hotkey setup (my secondary hotkey for the menu is ALT+Q, so you can ALT+QQ out of custom games--because custom games have a quit instead of surrender.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
bgalang92
Profile Joined February 2011
United States155 Posts
June 03 2012 00:42 GMT
#25
On June 03 2012 09:23 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
A quick idea, how about you make the main menu button ALT+N instead of F9; so that when you need to surrender, instead of hitting F9 then N, you can just hold ALT then hit NN. This is what I do with my normal hotkey setup (my secondary hotkey for the menu is ALT+Q, so you can ALT+QQ out of custom games--because custom games have a quit instead of surrender.


The idea of optimizing the "gg" is hilarious. We should make quitting a game so difficult we have no choice but to win.
IlK
Profile Joined May 2012
18 Posts
June 03 2012 01:01 GMT
#26
Nice first release, the only thing im gonna change for me is j with h i guess and then give it a quick try tomorrow
For the qwertz shit ill just use one of my keyboards with english layout+english at win7...im in NO mood to change all those keys atm and im in no mood to code a script for it, but since uv got urself sombody that can code he can do it in 30minutes and then u can go over all your 48layouts to change for different keyboard-layouts
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 03 2012 01:45 GMT
#27
On June 03 2012 08:45 7Sevii wrote:
I am having some trouble finding the accounts folder on my mac. Could someone write how to load the file on a mac?


Thanks!!

Macintosh HD (or whatever your hard drive is called)
Users
[username]
Library
Application Support
Blizzard
Starcraft II
Accounts

Assuming you have more than one folder in Accounts:
Try one, then open the folder with letters, numbers, and dashes. Then check its replays, and see if your replays are there. If it has your replays, then that's the account you want to use. If not, go back to the accounts folder and try the next number. Alternatively, if you created a dummy profile like JaKaTaK showed in the video, after opening an account folder, open the hotkeys folder, and see if the profile is there. If so, then that is the correct account.

After this, open the folder for the correct account, then the hotkeys folder. Put the download file in this folder.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
iokke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 01:53:18
June 03 2012 01:50 GMT
#28
Nice job, I'll give it an honest shot though im not digging using right half of keyboard and having to move the keyboard and chair in my case (small desk) to get into comfy position to play sc2; and having to reverse it for everything else.
If this doesn't work out I'll probably go back to trying to learn original Jakatak. I know there's a difference between the two, but do you think there's a really large difference or the original layout is pretty close to this, just not fully optimized?

Or perhaps would I be better off trying to transfer this layout to the left side of they keyboard as much as I can instead of using the original Jakatak?
Thanks in advance
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down. rerereredit.. I never get it right the 1st time
theolysis
Profile Joined May 2012
United States107 Posts
June 03 2012 02:55 GMT
#29
This would probably work better for me if I wasn't using a Zowie Celeritas. The right shift key is ridiculously small, and I'd have to pop off the right ctrl to really have easy access to it with my thumb.
"You will be the penis."
Alacar
Profile Joined April 2011
15 Posts
June 03 2012 05:58 GMT
#30
How do you inject with this layout?
herrcombs
Profile Joined May 2012
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 06:37:19
June 03 2012 06:18 GMT
#31
I've been playing around with this layout today (righty no mouse), and while it feels completely foreign to what I'm used to, I think it has great potential. Can't wait until it feels a little more familiar.

Alacar, I also play Zerg, and injecting isn't too difficult although it takes a bit to get used to: first set camera locations for each hatchery using the map location hotkeys (set using alt + I, J, K, N, M). All queens are hotkeyed to O. When you want to inject, hit O to select queens, then ctrl-I to jump to your first hatch, hit I to inject, left click on hatch 1, ctrl-J, I, click on hatch 2, ctrl-K, I, click on hatch 3, and so on.

Also, I would like to say that having each hatch on a camera location is pretty awesome in terms of maintaining proper drone saturation, researching upgrades, reacting to attacks, etc etc. This new layout offers a TON of control over your units and bases, I cannot emphasize that enough.

EDIT: I typed a few wrong keys in there for the inject method. Alt sets the camera locations, while Ctrl jumps to them.
7Sevii
Profile Joined September 2011
United States17 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 07:56:44
June 03 2012 06:38 GMT
#32
On June 03 2012 10:45 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2012 08:45 7Sevii wrote:
I am having some trouble finding the accounts folder on my mac. Could someone write how to load the file on a mac?


Thanks!!

Macintosh HD (or whatever your hard drive is called)
Users
[username]
Library
Application Support
Blizzard
Starcraft II
Accounts

Assuming you have more than one folder in Accounts:
Try one, then open the folder with letters, numbers, and dashes. Then check its replays, and see if your replays are there. If it has your replays, then that's the account you want to use. If not, go back to the accounts folder and try the next number. Alternatively, if you created a dummy profile like JaKaTaK showed in the video, after opening an account folder, open the hotkeys folder, and see if the profile is there. If so, then that is the correct account.

After this, open the folder for the correct account, then the hotkeys folder. Put the download file in this folder.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!


My problem is that I do not have a "Accounts" folder in my blizzard folder. And my "Blizzard" folder is in the shared folder not application support. I deleted everything SC2 and am patching my reinstall right now.

Edit: I am deleting everything again and reinstalling sc2
DanceSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States751 Posts
June 03 2012 08:18 GMT
#33
The chrono took a while to get use to, one thing I found frustrating is when I select a hotkey group by mistake, and build a unit when I meant to make the army attack click, or attack click a building when I meant to chrono it. Also the build hotkey and the shift key too close makes chaining different buildings in a shift sequence too difficult. The thumb has to switch between them too often. And when I do build a unit by mistake the cancel hotkey is off on f5.

Suggestions: move the esc hotkey closer, put the 'w' or 'select warpgate' hotkey in a more convenient location. 6 is very ackward and out of the way. move the build key up one. (Will allow me to hold shift the entire time i build a pylon-nexus-pylon in the scenario where I would take a third/fourth/etc
Dance.943 || "I think he's just going to lose. There's only so many ways you can lose. And he's going to make some kind of units. And I'm going to attack him, and then all his stuff is going to die. That's about the best prediction that I can make" - NonY
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 03 2012 08:55 GMT
#34
Wow, you said you were dedicating your time to starcraft and you already have such good work done.

Thank you for sharing!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Sergio1992
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Italy522 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 09:03:35
June 03 2012 09:01 GMT
#35
On June 03 2012 07:48 JaKaTaK wrote:
Our plan is to eventually have 48 different versions so that each person can pick the one that is right for them :D



looking forward for it! Thanks sir :D
Lazzi
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1923 Posts
June 03 2012 09:08 GMT
#36
Looks really nice , don't have time yet but will give it shot soon.
It's good to be back
kAelle_sc
Profile Joined April 2011
287 Posts
June 03 2012 10:02 GMT
#37
So this is going to go like:

Dvorak > Qwerty

The Core > Grid > Standard > Classic
?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19151_5-bad-ideas-humanity-sticking-with-out-habit.html

:D
It's all about the journey, not the outcome.
Fogetaboudit
Profile Joined July 2010
United States232 Posts
June 03 2012 10:11 GMT
#38
having a lot of trouble with my index finger, keep quitting out of frustration. Determined to get it soon.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 10:43:57
June 03 2012 10:34 GMT
#39
Oh my god, it's finally released. I'm so downloading this and training my TvZ build in Yabot until I can hit max in 14 minutes while breaking that up with bits of random micro challenge and micro tournament.

Although, wouldn't it be hard to spam hotkeys when both your CC and all your Production are on the mouse? I mean, you can spam army and harass hotkeys too, but Production and your CC are the ones you kindof need to spam, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: I love the video. Do I still have to take out the windows key if I have a gaming keyboard that has a little switch to disable it? I like how it looks and don't want it to look deformed.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
bgalang92
Profile Joined February 2011
United States155 Posts
June 03 2012 10:43 GMT
#40
Been practicing for a few hours, starting to be able to build stuff normally, but my expansion shift queue of buildings is still pretty slow.

I'm having a lot of trouble accurately hitting my control groups around my macro key, but I'm getting there =D

JaKaTaK, I'm just wondering, what is the key difference between theCore and the original layout and Darkgrid? Besides the ergonomic factor and key priority that you implemented after starting.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 430 431 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 30
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1112
Mini 928
Soma 610
Shuttle 498
actioN 474
Rush 375
ggaemo 318
Light 315
Larva 287
Stork 275
[ Show more ]
BeSt 242
Horang2 217
Snow 184
hero 156
firebathero 118
Barracks 107
Dewaltoss 103
Aegong 75
Zeus 67
Shine 65
Sexy 40
Sea.KH 36
Liquid`Ret 36
sorry 34
Shinee 32
Sharp 32
JYJ 30
soO 27
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 21
zelot 19
Rock 15
Trap 13
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8497
qojqva1985
Dendi867
420jenkins162
Counter-Strike
fl0m1245
Fnx 785
x6flipin517
edward51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5382
Grubby43
Other Games
singsing1425
B2W.Neo931
byalli479
Mlord348
Khaldor312
ceh9273
DeMusliM237
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS123
KnowMe123
Trikslyr49
BRAT_OK 25
Railgan16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
WardiTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH244
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile129
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV375
League of Legends
• Nemesis2981
• TFBlade878
Other Games
• Shiphtur162
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 50m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.