• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11650 users

[G] PvZ 7-gate Immortal +1/+1 - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
March 31 2012 03:17 GMT
#21
wow, way2hate
Moderator
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
March 31 2012 03:25 GMT
#22
On March 31 2012 12:17 NrGmonk wrote:
wow, way2hate


Oops totally missed your post =) must have been the blue or something. I'll look into that other build, that seems like a common suggestion (to drop the +1 armor, get an extra immortal, and hit faster). And as per your and Tang's suggestion, I'll be updating OP later tonight with robo benchmark timings
I <3 StarCraft.
Protossking
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia103 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 07:41:39
March 31 2012 06:48 GMT
#23
On March 31 2012 09:48 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 08:33 VoirDire wrote:
On March 31 2012 08:26 TangSC wrote:
On March 31 2012 08:23 CecilSunkure wrote:
Hey I remember playing you on ladder and you asked how to write guides Thanks for taking the time to write this up! Have you considered attacking a minute later with blink and +2? I feel the combination of those two is much more effective than a slightly earlier attack and +1 armor.

Have to agree, +2 blink all-ins ftw

A 2 base 12 minute attack with no initial pressure? Way to late imho. Zergs can very well be maxed at that point.

I think 11 minute is the latest a 2 base all-in should hit. In fact, I think 9-10 min with 3 immortals and +1 attack is stronger.

I have to agree with Voirdire here and disagree with cecil and tang.
[list][*]The earliest you can hit with immortals, +2, and blink is 12minutes. If you hit after 11 minutes without early pressure, any zerg will be free to drone to 60-65 and then mass units to hold this off.




Absolutely, and in addition to this the zerg can usually tech to infestors in time for a 13-14minute attack, in which case your sentries (your most crucial units tbh) will die very quickly to fungles and your stalkers won't be able to blink.

I am on RemarK's team and I'm sure he's heard me bragging about how good this build is in our clan channel. xD.

I want to discuss map dependancy with this build though, I've tried it on lots of maps and if the zerg can get a good surround this build is generally NOT that strong unless you have brilliant forcefields, which is hard when on creep. I wouldn't recommend this on Tal'Darim or Shakuras Plateau, it can work okay on Antiga Shipyard. But there is one map which I have NOT lost with this build, and it's cloud kingdom.

[image loading]

now excuse my terrible paint skills, but the red arrow signifies where you want your army to go on cloud kingdom, and the brown dots is a hatchery. The blue dots are forcefields. If you get into a situation where you can use the hatchery with your forcefields, just tell your opponent to get out (jokes lol but still its GG). This positioning is so good for a sentry heavy army, just remember you have spare forcefields, so don't be scared of being baited out with forcefields you have more than enough. Use them, and not sparingly.


OH and I almost forgot, RemarK, build an observer before your first immortal, scout with it and return back with it in your army. If he has burrow + movement and you don't have an observer you're completely screwed, so add that into your OP.
Protossking
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia103 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 07:41:12
March 31 2012 07:40 GMT
#24
edit: doublepost
VoirDire
Profile Joined February 2009
Sweden1923 Posts
March 31 2012 10:15 GMT
#25
On March 31 2012 16:40 Protossking wrote:
edit: doublepost

Sorry for the OT but... double post 1 hour later? How did you manage to do that!? :D The session must have timed out multiple times by then.
Wochtulka
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic66 Posts
March 31 2012 10:20 GMT
#26
Nice build this is... maybe will use it sometime because a lot of my 2b allins arent working anymore against good zergs
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
March 31 2012 10:38 GMT
#27
How does zerg beat this? Every zerg right now is complaining about this. I haven't seen anyone in the gsl hold this (drg vs squirtle, drg perfectly holds the early 4 gate pressure and comes out way ahead, knew exactly what squirtle was following up with, and still died, even with baiting FF in the open before engagement to waste sentry energy).
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Arcanefrost
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium1257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:50:58
March 31 2012 10:46 GMT
#28
Hmm you still use the old version which is good but not ideal imo.

In idra vs feast on antiga at iem feast hits a 2immo timing with +1 and a prism off 3 gas, the slight variation of it I use:

Ffe
Sentry + wg + third gas
6:00 Robo
+1 attack and observer
7:00 6 gates
Cb 3 immos then prism, go up to 8-10 sentries.
4th gas as you move out. Mass stalker warpin, allcb to gates.
rely on proxy pylons for warpin till prism gets there.

I think the faster you hit the better, because if the zerg stops at 60 drones and makes pure units your slightly later version has a lot less chance of working. As monk mentioned sage also did a similar build and I personally like his variation better too.

I think hiding the immortals in the prism is quite silly because he wants mass roachling with hydras if he has a den vs both a gateway and a gateway immo push. Lings are actually terrible vs this because of the infinity forcefields.

Also with a delayed timing like this I think it's absolutely essential to have an obs, otherwise you'll lose to everyone who has got burrow. You can also use it to scout, so it's really worth it imo.
Valor is a poor substitute for numbers.
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
March 31 2012 11:03 GMT
#29
For zergs the only way to hold this is to get three base saturation and pumping roach hydra. If you take too much damage leading up to the main push you won't have enough production. Meaning this push is probably the hardest to stop of all the two base allins against zerg.
Naniwa <3
Warzilla
Profile Joined December 2010
Czech Republic311 Posts
March 31 2012 11:05 GMT
#30
On March 31 2012 19:15 VoirDire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 16:40 Protossking wrote:
edit: doublepost

Sorry for the OT but... double post 1 hour later? How did you manage to do that!? :D The session must have timed out multiple times by then.


Not if you got autologin checked
"AFTER LOST GAME - I usually run around in circles yelling "WHY OH GOD WHY" in my room, pointing towards the sky. After 5 to 10min ,i get tired and go back to playing"
Baselcs
Profile Joined February 2012
Belgium12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 11:50:12
March 31 2012 11:44 GMT
#31
Strongest push that I know of, I always lose to this.
Whenever I see it coming and I know I can't hold it (I never can) I semi engage to bait FF's, keep making hydra/ling, keep baiting FFs, don't bother defending my 3rd, immediately start a different 3rd and finally engage when he comes in my natural and I hope to hold it.
Suffices to say that I have a low win % vs. this push, I always scout it perfectly, I know exactly what's coming, but whatever tactic I use, I just fail.

Edit:
Let's discuss compositions.

Roach/Ling/Baneling drops. Baneling drops should work vs. these sentry heavy compositions, no aoe to take out all the lings?
Roach/Ling. This build seems to hard counter roach/ling.
Hydra/Ling. Fares better vs. immortals and FFs, I think it should be the strongest, but it doesn't work.
Roach/Ling/Infestor. More lings, less roaches compared to roach ling. I never tried this, I hate infestors.
Muta/Ling. No.
Roach/Hydra. I rather use the gas for hydras, all leftover minerals for lings.

Any better opinions? Has anyone explored bane drops? Did I forget a composition? Is there a weakness in this build if you scout it at ~7 minutes?
syriuszonito
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland332 Posts
March 31 2012 12:02 GMT
#32
By far the most disgusting toss all in.

As for how to hold it as zerg, i think that its not the army composition that is the most important thing but flawless macro and good engagements. Cut the drones at 60 (8:00), mass roach/ling with some upg going on, make sure you are not floating on minerals and injecting perfectly and you should have enough to stop it.
The one || My stream http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/syriuszonito
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
March 31 2012 12:03 GMT
#33
This is very close to a timing attack elfi did vs Stephano in game 1 of the round of 8 of Assembly winter. He got a third immortal, and a ton of sentires. Did some fake warp prism harass with the sentries.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?s=36f116b1d710a09f5a324c3f660042c6&game=33&show=details&id=256238

I put a few of the timings Elfi did into a yabot build order. Link is here: http://www.sc2builds.com/build-orders/protoss/9664.aspx The assimilator timings get missed up. Those are the timings for the 3rd and 4th, but when you build your 1st and 2nd it counts them as done.
Baselcs
Profile Joined February 2012
Belgium12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 12:10:46
March 31 2012 12:09 GMT
#34
On March 31 2012 21:02 syriuszonito wrote:
By far the most disgusting toss all in.

As for how to hold it as zerg, i think that its not the army composition that is the most important thing but flawless macro and good engagements. Cut the drones at 60 (8:00), mass roach/ling with some upg going on, make sure you are not floating on minerals and injecting perfectly and you should have enough to stop it.

Flawless macro always works until top GM, but this build is special, assume normal macro on both parties. This composition can actually handle a 200/200 army (not that you'd have that) of roach/ling when the engagement is correct.
To beat this build you actually need the right composition with the right engagement, no matter how big your army is. This all-in seems to be the hard counter to roach/ling.
syriuszonito
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland332 Posts
March 31 2012 12:17 GMT
#35
On March 31 2012 21:09 Baselcs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 21:02 syriuszonito wrote:
By far the most disgusting toss all in.

As for how to hold it as zerg, i think that its not the army composition that is the most important thing but flawless macro and good engagements. Cut the drones at 60 (8:00), mass roach/ling with some upg going on, make sure you are not floating on minerals and injecting perfectly and you should have enough to stop it.

Flawless macro always works until top GM, but this build is special, assume normal macro on both parties. This composition can actually handle a 200/200 army (not that you'd have that) of roach/ling when the engagement is correct.
To beat this build you actually need the right composition with the right engagement, no matter how big your army is. This all-in seems to be the hard counter to roach/ling.


With normal macro on both sides zerg loses I am afraid, thats why I find it digusting. I know that this composition can handle a 200/200 army, the trick is to efficiently trade until toss runs out of forcefields. You should start as soon as toss leaves the base (his army is gonna be relatively small compared to yours) and never stop. Few spines on third gonna help a bit as well.
The one || My stream http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/syriuszonito
Baselcs
Profile Joined February 2012
Belgium12 Posts
March 31 2012 12:21 GMT
#36
On March 31 2012 21:17 syriuszonito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 21:09 Baselcs wrote:
On March 31 2012 21:02 syriuszonito wrote:
By far the most disgusting toss all in.

As for how to hold it as zerg, i think that its not the army composition that is the most important thing but flawless macro and good engagements. Cut the drones at 60 (8:00), mass roach/ling with some upg going on, make sure you are not floating on minerals and injecting perfectly and you should have enough to stop it.

Flawless macro always works until top GM, but this build is special, assume normal macro on both parties. This composition can actually handle a 200/200 army (not that you'd have that) of roach/ling when the engagement is correct.
To beat this build you actually need the right composition with the right engagement, no matter how big your army is. This all-in seems to be the hard counter to roach/ling.


With normal macro on both sides zerg loses I am afraid, thats why I find it digusting. I know that this composition can handle a 200/200 army, the trick is to efficiently trade until toss runs out of forcefields. You should start as soon as toss leaves the base (his army is gonna be relatively small compared to yours) and never stop. Few spines on third gonna help a bit as well.

But this build works because it can beat 200/200 roach/ling. It forces an engagement at the 3rd, kills the army with good FFs and then easily handles all reinforcement. I don't think some spines are going to work vs this.
The solution is constantly baiting forcefields yes, but there are so many sentries and once he's at your area around your third, he only needs a few forcefields anymore.
Chandra
Profile Joined July 2011
United States123 Posts
March 31 2012 18:22 GMT
#37
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to use this build as a basic framework to take a reasonably quick third if I built 1-2 less gates and didn't cut probes? I've been looking for a non-Stargate opener to use to take a third in PvZ, but most of the things I've tried haven't yielded great success versus standard roach ling spam (low-ish masters MMR). It seems like the quick immortals and opportunity for possible warp prism harass could provide an opening. Or would I be better off using another build entirely?
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
March 31 2012 18:44 GMT
#38
On April 01 2012 03:22 Chandra wrote:
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to use this build as a basic framework to take a reasonably quick third if I built 1-2 less gates and didn't cut probes? I've been looking for a non-Stargate opener to use to take a third in PvZ, but most of the things I've tried haven't yielded great success versus standard roach ling spam (low-ish masters MMR). It seems like the quick immortals and opportunity for possible warp prism harass could provide an opening. Or would I be better off using another build entirely?


Dependant on the map, absolutely. Long ranged units and alot of forcefields, you can very well expand instead of pushing. I've offraced abit at masters level and when I see the zerg having reacted well enough I just back off to expo and since he had to go hydras to counter it it's very hard for him to be aggresive against my third.
Naniwa <3
Astro-Penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
554 Posts
March 31 2012 20:09 GMT
#39
I feel so dirty using this build but it seems almost near impossible to ever try and take a 3rd against a good Zerg who will just bum rush you with maxed out roach ling.
Baselcs
Profile Joined February 2012
Belgium12 Posts
March 31 2012 20:39 GMT
#40
On April 01 2012 03:22 Chandra wrote:
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but would it be possible to use this build as a basic framework to take a reasonably quick third if I built 1-2 less gates and didn't cut probes? I've been looking for a non-Stargate opener to use to take a third in PvZ, but most of the things I've tried haven't yielded great success versus standard roach ling spam (low-ish masters MMR). It seems like the quick immortals and opportunity for possible warp prism harass could provide an opening. Or would I be better off using another build entirely?

This in fact is one of the standard frameworks to take a 3rd.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko207
ProTech132
SHIN 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3759
Hyuk 1175
Mind 954
Shuttle 862
Bisu 786
Larva 631
Mini 178
Soma 130
EffOrt 118
Leta 106
[ Show more ]
Last 105
firebathero 94
Zeus 88
Hyun 74
ZerO 63
Pusan 60
sorry 42
PianO 41
Sexy 38
Hm[arnc] 37
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 31
Bale 31
Aegong 22
yabsab 15
hero 13
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe654
XaKoH 450
Dendi5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1624
Other Games
gofns29871
singsing2245
B2W.Neo306
crisheroes293
OGKoka 164
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS60
Livibee51
DeMusliM24
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• Gemini_19 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7530
League of Legends
• Jankos1508
Other Games
• WagamamaTV9
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 50m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.