• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10146 users

[G] PvZ 7-gate Immortal +1/+1 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Rimak
Profile Joined January 2012
Denmark434 Posts
April 23 2012 11:59 GMT
#81
Oh, I was really looking for this build since ASUS ROG.
Thank you.
2000 Jungler 66% Hecarim, 63% Volibear, 60% Jarvan IV
SmuZ
Profile Joined March 2012
Romania45 Posts
April 23 2012 12:07 GMT
#82
As a zerg I completly crush everything that doesn't includes void ray or colossi or both
Suitor
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden3 Posts
April 23 2012 12:20 GMT
#83
Wow, I hope I don't run in to you on the ladder then...
...
Rivkeh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States58 Posts
April 24 2012 21:54 GMT
#84
I'm a diamond player who quit playing sometime before they added master's league, I've just come back to the game and this build served as a launching point to get me back into the game. This build is awfully brutal and the mentality has totally changed my PvZ, I just wanted to throw out a few observations I came up with while doing this build.

1.) 11 Minute Timing - I see a lot of really cool suggestions on variations of the build including zealot pressure, going warp prism first, etc. My issue with most of these is that the timing is incredibly important, you'll get away with hitting the push as much as a minute late a lot of times, but if you watch the replay you'll be able to see how Z has a chance to get back into the game if they're on top of their form. While you can have +2/blink/carriers/whatever by 12 minutes, Z has a glaring weakness at the 11 minute mark (on 3 base), and thats too tempting not to exploit.

2.) Scouting - Hiding a few probes is your only way of confirming the 3 base build (unless Z obliges in immediately dropping all 3 hatches right in front of you), or to give you time to react to any deviations. Here's a few of my thoughts:
a.)The probe needs to confirm that the natural hatch actually gets down in order to not get Leenock'd by a canceled hatch into 7-10 roaches at your door. If Z is doing this appropriately, I'm not sure if you can hold without having to shove a probe into their main to scout the early Roach Warren, which would obviously be dicey, but at Diamond level all you need to do is confirm the hatch built.
b.) After a 13/14 forge I send the probe that built it out onto the map into a hidey hole far from the base and way out of ling/overlord/watchtower sight, this is important because they get out before lings should, allowing you to actually hide instead of just hoping to get past the lings and that your first scout didn't die. This second probe can absolutely confirm the 3rd, I prefer to use the first scout if possible, but the second is there to confirm it.
c.) If Z takes his darn time putting down the 3rd, chrono a sentry once immediately, then drop 2 cannons instead of gates, I think you can keep going for your robo first (before gates). If they still havent dropped their 3rd within another minute, give your sentry production another chrono. If Z drops his 3rd late, you're still at least even, if not ahead with the money wasted on cannons (you'll want them later anyways to prevent counters aimed to delay your push) so no worries.

3.) Push to win or transition out? - the attack is sentry dependent, and theres not a lot of ways to run through 6-8 sentries' energy before the P can get the 3rd. So once you've gotten the 3rd down (original post is pretty well detailed on the tactics of how to nail it) the question is push or transition out? This really is a matter of your sentries and his army, if he manages to drain your sentries without you severely crippling his roach count pushing up hill to the 2nd can be really risky. For this reason, once I'm sure I'm going to get the 3rd I immediately drop a Robo Bay for colossus follow up as seen in the 3rd replay in the original post, Remark vs Rok, and I start producing probes again, allowing for a transition into a 3rd during my colossus push. The biggest reason I love this push is while it is an All-In (it must inflict long term damage or you are so far behind you'll never win vs an equally skilled opponent), it is easy to transition out of if you kill the 3rd into another timing push (I'm looking at your colossus) or standard economic play because unlike a lot of other builds you're already invested into all the sim city required to deny multi prong attacks on your nat while your army defends the 3rd.

Finally, some musings on what Z can do - I'm not sure if stephano roaches will work, as this army comp eats roaches, and while stephano style has some sick production, proper control of 24-32 force fields or more is a pretty horrible situation for roaches to be in if you spread them out optimally.

The only other option seems to be dropping a macro hatch immediately, constant threat of the P army, trading roaches/lings for forcefields as efficiently as possible without losing your mob, then evacuating the 3rd once the P finally gets to it. Once you lose the 3rd you need the macro hatch in order to keep up optimal production. Hopefully by this point they won't have enough force fields forcing P to turn around or lose their army. If Z can force P back without losing all their drones they can quickly drop the hatch again, scout the Protoss' follow up and ready to either crush a follow up push or match an expansion by taking a 4th and tech to the ever obnoxious broods

Another option would be to allocate 16~ roaches to counter attacking forcing the P to either come back and defend, or to leave a full energy sentry behind plus possible warp ins in their base, either way you can still run away from P and you've denied 4 force fields for no losses (and have roaches behind the P army ready to flank and harry them), and potentially greatly delaying the push allowing you to have a maxed roach army and some banked resources for remaxing.

In closing, thanks so much to soLremarK for the guide, and I'm eagerly waiting to see what Z comes up with in response.
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
April 30 2012 08:55 GMT
#85
Analysed the first replay for my own play, figured I'd share these benchmarks in case they help anyone.

Chronoboosts: All on Probes until 44 probes. You should use 12 Chronoboosts on Probes if you scout their third in time and don't need a CB on a Sentry. Then 3 CB's on +1 Armor. When +1 Armor is complete, CB gateways.

Timings:

(This assumes a double scout)

Core: 4:35
Robo: 6:15
Third and fourth gas: 7:00
+1 Armor: 7:40
4th-6th Gate: 8:20. (He threw up the 7th gate slightly later...I don't know why, maybe to deny scouting.)
Prism finishes: 10:05

Macro benchmarks:

44 probes and 2 Sentries at 7:30
44 probes, 14 Stalkers, 6 Sentries, 2 Immortals, 1 Warp Prism at 10:30. (Outside opponent's third.)

So if you don't have 44 workers by 7:30, your problem is economy. If you don't have the 50 army supply by 10:30, your problem is production.

Hope this helps!
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
Zegz
Profile Joined September 2011
United States10 Posts
April 30 2012 17:21 GMT
#86
Im definitely going to try this one out.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
April 30 2012 18:05 GMT
#87
On April 23 2012 21:07 SmuZ wrote:
As a zerg I completly crush everything that doesn't includes void ray or colossi or both


You're amazing.

Nice guide! Hope to face this on ladder a bit. I think the chance of success for this build is very map dependent.
Then again I guess all all-ins are.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Zegz
Profile Joined September 2011
United States10 Posts
April 30 2012 20:44 GMT
#88
Ok so i just tried this against a top diamond zerg. Granted it was the first time i tried this build. but holy shit. I owned him so hard it was ridiculous. Thanks for this!
belatube
Profile Joined September 2011
United States27 Posts
April 30 2012 23:25 GMT
#89
Question about this build. I know that timing is very important on this build. but from my understanding of the game if I should still try to drop a Pylon to block zergs expo right? or do i not want to do that because it will slow my tech as well n since im going for timing i dont want to do that.?
so OP
Canyarion
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands14 Posts
May 01 2012 22:23 GMT
#90
Hm I've lost my last 3 PvZs because Zerg was getting maxed around 12 mins (Stephano style). My push did too little; I ran out of FFs before I did enough damage.

Any tips vs this Zerg build? I'm personally thinking of going for a 3rd and keep defending my bases while I tech to Blink/Colossi.
selander
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden9 Posts
May 07 2012 02:48 GMT
#91
On May 02 2012 07:23 Canyarion wrote:
Hm I've lost my last 3 PvZs because Zerg was getting maxed around 12 mins (Stephano style). My push did too little; I ran out of FFs before I did enough damage.

Any tips vs this Zerg build? I'm personally thinking of going for a 3rd and keep defending my bases while I tech to Blink/Colossi.


Link replay's, I'm interested in seeing zergs defending it.
Your push should hit before 12min btw.
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
May 07 2012 03:03 GMT
#92
On April 25 2012 06:54 Rivkeh wrote:Z has a glaring weakness at the 11 minute mark (on 3 base), and thats too tempting not to exploit.


What do you mean by glaring weakness at 11 min? If any time, 11-11:30 is the time a 3base hatch would WANT to be attacked cause that's the point where zergs gets maxed out. Attacks at 7-9 min are way more brutal since that's when Zergs haven't starrted unit production yet.
hundred thousand krouner
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
May 07 2012 04:00 GMT
#93
This is not working anymore at high levels. Korean Z's now know how to stop this, and is pretty simple.

I've seen yesterday Sase trying immortal sentry timing and he got crushed the 3 games i saw him using it, all 3 by the same Z response.
Chicken gank op
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-01 09:59:36
June 01 2012 09:49 GMT
#94
--- Nuked ---
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
June 01 2012 10:15 GMT
#95
On May 07 2012 13:00 Belha wrote:
This is not working anymore at high levels. Korean Z's now know how to stop this, and is pretty simple.

I've seen yesterday Sase trying immortal sentry timing and he got crushed the 3 games i saw him using it, all 3 by the same Z response.


Really? What response.
Die tomorrow - Live today
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
June 01 2012 10:30 GMT
#96
--- Nuked ---
Brolettuce
Profile Joined July 2011
United States48 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 12:18:20
June 05 2012 12:16 GMT
#97
I've been doing this build but added my own twist to it
instead of chronoboosting the probes so much, i chrono out 4 immortals instead of two and also warp gate ( should i not chrono warp gate, and instead chrono probes? ), so that spine walls and roaches have absolute no effect to me.. i feel like its soso much stronger, but the only problem to this is that i get recked by muta tech if he has it ( i move out @ around 11 i believe instead of 10-10:30 ) i only have about 10 stalkers when i move out instead of your 20. also when i move out i get a obs etc..
do you think this is viable? im a 800 pt masters atm and it has been working very well on every map, but the only time ive lost is against people who get mutas etc, cuz my stalker count isnt as high, even though i try to warp in only stalkers, except when i see alot of lings, but thats usually when they have mutas so i get messed up
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kotschmonaut
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany117 Posts
June 05 2012 12:33 GMT
#98
On June 01 2012 19:15 DarKcS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 13:00 Belha wrote:
This is not working anymore at high levels. Korean Z's now know how to stop this, and is pretty simple.

I've seen yesterday Sase trying immortal sentry timing and he got crushed the 3 games i saw him using it, all 3 by the same Z response.


Really? What response.


would like to know aswell...
Fossa
Profile Joined July 2011
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 12:36:26
June 05 2012 12:35 GMT
#99
On March 31 2012 09:48 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 08:33 VoirDire wrote:
On March 31 2012 08:26 TangSC wrote:
On March 31 2012 08:23 CecilSunkure wrote:
Hey I remember playing you on ladder and you asked how to write guides Thanks for taking the time to write this up! Have you considered attacking a minute later with blink and +2? I feel the combination of those two is much more effective than a slightly earlier attack and +1 armor.

Have to agree, +2 blink all-ins ftw

A 2 base 12 minute attack with no initial pressure? Way to late imho. Zergs can very well be maxed at that point.

I think 11 minute is the latest a 2 base all-in should hit. In fact, I think 9-10 min with 3 immortals and +1 attack is stronger.

I have to agree with Voirdire here and disagree with cecil and tang.
  • The earliest you can hit with immortals, +2, and blink is 12minutes. If you hit after 11 minutes without early pressure, any zerg will be free to drone to 60-65 and then mass units to hold this off.
  • Getting blink/+2 also reduces your sentry count and you don't even get that many stalkers to utilize blink.
  • The strength of this build is forcefields + immortals. Blink doesn't synergize well with these 2 other units/abilities. You're relying on forcefields to prevent damage, not blink

I've tried both this build and another version that Sage used vs a TSL zerg in this GSTL and I have to say that I prefer that one much better. The OP shold take a look at that one. The difference between that build and this one are as follows: Sage opens some variation of zealot/stalker/stalker for initial gateway pressure then follows it up with a warp prism for warp prism pressure. He then goes for obs then 3 immortals off of 3 gas and doesn't get +1 armor. I feel it's a better, more lean build, because you put on more pressure earlier and get 3 immortals instead of 2, because you skip the first sentry thus allowing you to build your robo faster. The disadvantage is that you have less sentry energy and don't have +1 armor in your push.

Finally, I think it might be useful if you benchmark all the robo timings: when you drop the robo, when each of the robo units start and come out. When I was working on this build, I found that was very helpful.



Personally I do a 4 gate +1 zealot timing attack, and transition into a 7 gate +2 blink stalker immortal allin. After the attack, I warp in sentries, start my upgrades, get immortals and add 3 gates.
NotoriousBig
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Germany301 Posts
June 05 2012 13:10 GMT
#100
Yeah, I use this build on mid-high masterlevel everytime on small maps against zerg and i have never lost with it!

it´s so superstrong, but you need the right timing or the zerg will kill you with ease.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox733
C9.Mang0275
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 40m
Online Event
6h 40m
FEL
11h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.