• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:27
CEST 18:27
KST 01:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9132 users

[G] Leenock's ZvP All-In: 10 Roach Rush - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 22:22:25
March 04 2012 22:21 GMT
#121
On March 05 2012 04:10 cassurai wrote:
This is the simple counter to this.

This isn't as hard to scout as people think. Sure, I won't be able to see the Hatch cancel or the Roach warren or stuff like that, but you have to know that there are other indicators that experienced P players will look for.

These are the things you aren't hiding that will definitely set off alarm bells in a P player's head.
- You went gas first on a map where FFE is absolutely standard.
- You continue to mine gas with 1 drone even after 100 gas have been mined and after you scouted my FFE.
- You made 6 lings instead of 4 (this isn't that big a deal, but it's still something I'd notice).
- You are very diligently denying scouting (again doesn't equal cheese, but I'd have further reason to suspect cheese).

The first 2 points above are absolutely MAJOR indicators for experienced P players (> mid-Masters). There is little reason why you would go for the LEAST economic opening possible on a FFE map. Heck, even if you 6, 8, or 10 pool, it makes more sense than gas first on a FFE map. And there is even less reason why you would mine extra gas after 100. When I see this I will get Stargate immediately after Core is done, throw up an extra cannon (maybe even 2), and patrol probes around my main to watch for Nyduses. If my first Force Field is well put, I have a very good chance of holding. With 3 cannons it should be absolutely no problem. Some crisis management will be needed if I have only 2 cannons (e.g. need to build additional buildings near Nexus). And once the VR is out it's easily held. Make Stargate above the ramp obviously.

Edit: I'd like to say I haven't watched the replays, but I've stopped this on the Ladder a few times before (NA Masters). I don't mean to put you down or say that this build sucks. It's of course good to have it in your arsenal. Heck, it's always good to have some all-ins in your arsenal. Your guide is well written. I didn't even have to look at the BO. Your pictures were good enough for me to understand the entire build and that's something that makes this guide better than most others. The only thing I feel is that it really isn't as hard to scout as you make it seem to be.


Good advice in terms of gas scouting and Stargate. I think the way you look at it is the way most protoss players should look at it, but that doesn't mean they do. Also zerg players can have multiple builds that look the same. For example in ZvP, I use 3 builds that open gas first and still single-mine gas until I chase away the probe.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 05 2012 00:13 GMT
#122
On March 02 2012 07:43 Flonomenalz wrote:
Using this every ZvP.

I hate late game t.t

edit: Can you make a thread like this for Zenio's 3 hatch baneling bust against FFE? There's some VODs of it from the latest Homestory Cup.

If you can provide links I'll check it out and experiment with the style
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 03:54:48
March 05 2012 03:38 GMT
#123
On March 05 2012 09:13 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 07:43 Flonomenalz wrote:
Using this every ZvP.

I hate late game t.t

edit: Can you make a thread like this for Zenio's 3 hatch baneling bust against FFE? There's some VODs of it from the latest Homestory Cup.

If you can provide links I'll check it out and experiment with the style


He did it against Naniwa at IEM Kiev, and from what the casters said, it seemed like he had done it multiple times in the group stage as well. He did it against Sase in the FXOpen Invite #5, except he didn't even need to morph any banelings (had the nest and the gas) and just ripped the wall down with zerglings because Sase was completely unprepared.


Here's the replay for Zenio vs Naniwa at Kiev on Terminus.
http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/kiev/sc2/playoffs/download/26014571/

Here's the VOD for zenio vs Sase, the game is at about 29 minutes.
http://www.twitch.tv/fxopenesports/b/307486093

He goes 14/14 (maybe - one of the games he only took gas after his expo was blocked), double expands, but stops at about 24 drones and one queen. The 3rd base is basically a macro hatch. He lets the protoss see the 3rd, but denies any scouting of the gas in his main, and then he baneling busts.
You can do a similar build with roach ling, but the 3 hatch method lends itself better to banelings. If you do it with a gasless expand you can hit even harder, but it is more difficult to keep a probe out of your main base with only slow lings and a queen when you are first taking the gas. Either way, you want him to scout the 3rd base.

He also did it to Nightend at IEM Kiev on Antiga, but Nightend had a hole in his wall and no sentry... so I'm not sure if that game should count or not.
cassurai
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 09:11:35
March 05 2012 09:10 GMT
#124
On March 05 2012 07:21 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 04:10 cassurai wrote:
This is the simple counter to this.

This isn't as hard to scout as people think. Sure, I won't be able to see the Hatch cancel or the Roach warren or stuff like that, but you have to know that there are other indicators that experienced P players will look for.

These are the things you aren't hiding that will definitely set off alarm bells in a P player's head.
- You went gas first on a map where FFE is absolutely standard.
- You continue to mine gas with 1 drone even after 100 gas have been mined and after you scouted my FFE.
- You made 6 lings instead of 4 (this isn't that big a deal, but it's still something I'd notice).
- You are very diligently denying scouting (again doesn't equal cheese, but I'd have further reason to suspect cheese).

The first 2 points above are absolutely MAJOR indicators for experienced P players (> mid-Masters). There is little reason why you would go for the LEAST economic opening possible on a FFE map. Heck, even if you 6, 8, or 10 pool, it makes more sense than gas first on a FFE map. And there is even less reason why you would mine extra gas after 100. When I see this I will get Stargate immediately after Core is done, throw up an extra cannon (maybe even 2), and patrol probes around my main to watch for Nyduses. If my first Force Field is well put, I have a very good chance of holding. With 3 cannons it should be absolutely no problem. Some crisis management will be needed if I have only 2 cannons (e.g. need to build additional buildings near Nexus). And once the VR is out it's easily held. Make Stargate above the ramp obviously.

Edit: I'd like to say I haven't watched the replays, but I've stopped this on the Ladder a few times before (NA Masters). I don't mean to put you down or say that this build sucks. It's of course good to have it in your arsenal. Heck, it's always good to have some all-ins in your arsenal. Your guide is well written. I didn't even have to look at the BO. Your pictures were good enough for me to understand the entire build and that's something that makes this guide better than most others. The only thing I feel is that it really isn't as hard to scout as you make it seem to be.


Good advice in terms of gas scouting and Stargate. I think the way you look at it is the way most protoss players should look at it, but that doesn't mean they do. Also zerg players can have multiple builds that look the same. For example in ZvP, I use 3 builds that open gas first and still single-mine gas until I chase away the probe.


I don't think there is any economic build that goes gas first, mine 100 gas (I can click on extractor to check), and continue to single-mine gas. If you decide NOT to all-in after doing this, my extra cannon and Stargate will STILL put me way ahead. It's not like you're gaining anything by "pretending" to cheese here.

Basically, on a FFE map, if I scout a speedling opening, I will get the extra cannon and open Stargate regardless of whether you choose to all-in or not. I believe I am still ahead even if you choose not to cheese in the end. The Stargate isn't useless anyway. It can be used to harass and force Spores.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 14:37:48
March 05 2012 14:35 GMT
#125
On March 05 2012 18:10 cassurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 07:21 TangSC wrote:
On March 05 2012 04:10 cassurai wrote:
This is the simple counter to this.

This isn't as hard to scout as people think. Sure, I won't be able to see the Hatch cancel or the Roach warren or stuff like that, but you have to know that there are other indicators that experienced P players will look for.

These are the things you aren't hiding that will definitely set off alarm bells in a P player's head.
- You went gas first on a map where FFE is absolutely standard.
- You continue to mine gas with 1 drone even after 100 gas have been mined and after you scouted my FFE.
- You made 6 lings instead of 4 (this isn't that big a deal, but it's still something I'd notice).
- You are very diligently denying scouting (again doesn't equal cheese, but I'd have further reason to suspect cheese).

The first 2 points above are absolutely MAJOR indicators for experienced P players (> mid-Masters). There is little reason why you would go for the LEAST economic opening possible on a FFE map. Heck, even if you 6, 8, or 10 pool, it makes more sense than gas first on a FFE map. And there is even less reason why you would mine extra gas after 100. When I see this I will get Stargate immediately after Core is done, throw up an extra cannon (maybe even 2), and patrol probes around my main to watch for Nyduses. If my first Force Field is well put, I have a very good chance of holding. With 3 cannons it should be absolutely no problem. Some crisis management will be needed if I have only 2 cannons (e.g. need to build additional buildings near Nexus). And once the VR is out it's easily held. Make Stargate above the ramp obviously.

Edit: I'd like to say I haven't watched the replays, but I've stopped this on the Ladder a few times before (NA Masters). I don't mean to put you down or say that this build sucks. It's of course good to have it in your arsenal. Heck, it's always good to have some all-ins in your arsenal. Your guide is well written. I didn't even have to look at the BO. Your pictures were good enough for me to understand the entire build and that's something that makes this guide better than most others. The only thing I feel is that it really isn't as hard to scout as you make it seem to be.


Good advice in terms of gas scouting and Stargate. I think the way you look at it is the way most protoss players should look at it, but that doesn't mean they do. Also zerg players can have multiple builds that look the same. For example in ZvP, I use 3 builds that open gas first and still single-mine gas until I chase away the probe.


I don't think there is any economic build that goes gas first, mine 100 gas (I can click on extractor to check), and continue to single-mine gas. If you decide NOT to all-in after doing this, my extra cannon and Stargate will STILL put me way ahead. It's not like you're gaining anything by "pretending" to cheese here.

Well what I mean is you could get speed, leave one in gas only to take it out once the probe is gone. Then you basically do all the other steps of standard macro - fast 3rd, double gas around ~6:00, ~7:00 evo/warren.
Also, what if I were to tell you that I have an all-in build designed specifically for stargate openings that opens gas/pool? *Maniacal laugh*
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
cassurai
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore307 Posts
March 05 2012 14:50 GMT
#126
On March 05 2012 23:35 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:10 cassurai wrote:
On March 05 2012 07:21 TangSC wrote:
On March 05 2012 04:10 cassurai wrote:
This is the simple counter to this.

This isn't as hard to scout as people think. Sure, I won't be able to see the Hatch cancel or the Roach warren or stuff like that, but you have to know that there are other indicators that experienced P players will look for.

These are the things you aren't hiding that will definitely set off alarm bells in a P player's head.
- You went gas first on a map where FFE is absolutely standard.
- You continue to mine gas with 1 drone even after 100 gas have been mined and after you scouted my FFE.
- You made 6 lings instead of 4 (this isn't that big a deal, but it's still something I'd notice).
- You are very diligently denying scouting (again doesn't equal cheese, but I'd have further reason to suspect cheese).

The first 2 points above are absolutely MAJOR indicators for experienced P players (> mid-Masters). There is little reason why you would go for the LEAST economic opening possible on a FFE map. Heck, even if you 6, 8, or 10 pool, it makes more sense than gas first on a FFE map. And there is even less reason why you would mine extra gas after 100. When I see this I will get Stargate immediately after Core is done, throw up an extra cannon (maybe even 2), and patrol probes around my main to watch for Nyduses. If my first Force Field is well put, I have a very good chance of holding. With 3 cannons it should be absolutely no problem. Some crisis management will be needed if I have only 2 cannons (e.g. need to build additional buildings near Nexus). And once the VR is out it's easily held. Make Stargate above the ramp obviously.

Edit: I'd like to say I haven't watched the replays, but I've stopped this on the Ladder a few times before (NA Masters). I don't mean to put you down or say that this build sucks. It's of course good to have it in your arsenal. Heck, it's always good to have some all-ins in your arsenal. Your guide is well written. I didn't even have to look at the BO. Your pictures were good enough for me to understand the entire build and that's something that makes this guide better than most others. The only thing I feel is that it really isn't as hard to scout as you make it seem to be.


Good advice in terms of gas scouting and Stargate. I think the way you look at it is the way most protoss players should look at it, but that doesn't mean they do. Also zerg players can have multiple builds that look the same. For example in ZvP, I use 3 builds that open gas first and still single-mine gas until I chase away the probe.


I don't think there is any economic build that goes gas first, mine 100 gas (I can click on extractor to check), and continue to single-mine gas. If you decide NOT to all-in after doing this, my extra cannon and Stargate will STILL put me way ahead. It's not like you're gaining anything by "pretending" to cheese here.

Well what I mean is you could get speed, leave one in gas only to take it out once the probe is gone. Then you basically do all the other steps of standard macro - fast 3rd, double gas around ~6:00, ~7:00 evo/warren.
Also, what if I were to tell you that I have an all-in build designed specifically for stargate openings that opens gas/pool? *Maniacal laugh*


Haha. That is good. I assume it involves a ton of Speedlings and Banelings. Stargate is pretty bad versus that.

One thing I'd do for sure though, is if I see a gas/pool opening on Shakuras or some other FFE map, I'd get Stargate + 1 sentry. I might even cut probe production for 5-10 seconds to make 3 cannons. This should stop almost all all-ins you have in your book.

As I mentioned, even with me doing all that (wasting money on extra cannons and such), I am ahead economically should you then decide not to cheese and do all the other steps of standard macro. Your 3rd and your queens will be nowhere as fast since you opened gas/pool etc etc.
cassurai
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 14:58:02
March 05 2012 14:54 GMT
#127
In the end, you are basically trading your economy for either an all-in or a fake all-in. It's somewhat like faking a 4 gate in PvP, where I save my chronoboost for Core, don't get 2nd gas till your scouting probe dies, don't build my 3rd Pylon in base, etc.

It makes you suspect 4 gate and be cautious. You lose some economy by playing defensive, but I lose even more economy just playing this mind game.

I might also just 4 gate anyway, in which case it'd be stopped because you suspect it.

In the end the benefits of doing this is not good at all, which is why every pro just gets early 2nd gas in PvP these days and doesn't mind you scouting it. Same with this case. Pros just don't get gas first ZvP on FFE maps etc.

But like I said good to have more builds in your repertoire.
Angry.Zerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico305 Posts
March 05 2012 15:02 GMT
#128
For an all-in, I prefer the 2Base 6Roach + Speedlings from July. Which arrives around min 6.30 to enemy's door. That's for FFE, in the case they just opened Gate something (gate/expand, 3gate expand, 2gate expand, 3gate robo, 4 gates, etc. ) a simple 3RR will do the work.
You play to win
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 06 2012 02:01 GMT
#129
On March 05 2012 23:54 cassurai wrote:
In the end, you are basically trading your economy for either an all-in or a fake all-in. It's somewhat like faking a 4 gate in PvP, where I save my chronoboost for Core, don't get 2nd gas till your scouting probe dies, don't build my 3rd Pylon in base, etc.

Well you have to remember getting zergling speed early doesn't hurt you much, you end up getting speed for your lings with 90% of builds regardless.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
theonlyshaft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States581 Posts
March 06 2012 02:49 GMT
#130
It's good to have a gambit to throw in between macro matches. As always, Tang has the perfect build for the situation.
Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, — quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes
cassurai
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 03:41:26
March 06 2012 03:40 GMT
#131
On March 06 2012 11:01 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 23:54 cassurai wrote:
In the end, you are basically trading your economy for either an all-in or a fake all-in. It's somewhat like faking a 4 gate in PvP, where I save my chronoboost for Core, don't get 2nd gas till your scouting probe dies, don't build my 3rd Pylon in base, etc.

Well you have to remember getting zergling speed early doesn't hurt you much, you end up getting speed for your lings with 90% of builds regardless.


How can it not hurt you much? I don't know exactly the numbers, but I'm pretty sure that delaying gas for Zerg gives you a huge boost in overall economy. By going gas first you're giving that up. It's 4 drones (3 to mine, 1 to make extractor) not mining minerals for a minute or two. When you only have 14 drones total, that is extremely significant. You need minerals for queens, hatcheries and more drones. Getting all of these as early as possible is economically better. The argument that "I'm going to get speed eventually anyway" is quite flawed I'm afraid.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 04:14:03
March 06 2012 04:04 GMT
#132
On March 06 2012 12:40 cassurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 11:01 TangSC wrote:
On March 05 2012 23:54 cassurai wrote:
In the end, you are basically trading your economy for either an all-in or a fake all-in. It's somewhat like faking a 4 gate in PvP, where I save my chronoboost for Core, don't get 2nd gas till your scouting probe dies, don't build my 3rd Pylon in base, etc.

Well you have to remember getting zergling speed early doesn't hurt you much, you end up getting speed for your lings with 90% of builds regardless.


How can it not hurt you much? I don't know exactly the numbers, but I'm pretty sure that delaying gas for Zerg gives you a huge boost in overall economy. By going gas first you're giving that up. It's 4 drones (3 to mine, 1 to make extractor) not mining minerals for a minute or two. When you only have 14 drones total, that is extremely significant. You need minerals for queens, hatcheries and more drones. Getting all of these as early as possible is economically better. The argument that "I'm going to get speed eventually anyway" is quite flawed I'm afraid.

I think there are other benefits to opening with zergling speed that you overlook.
1) You can deny scouting that you even took a 3rd base, something you cannot do if you skip speed. (Probes are very quick)
2) Your opponent, upon scouting zergling speed and been denied scouting of your 3rd base, may produce additional defenses and/or incorrectly go stargate/chronoboosted sentries.
3) Those 1gate openings like 1zealot 1stalker or 2zealot can be more cost-efficiently dealt with if you open with zergling speed.
4) Any 2gate openings are much easier to defend with speed. Some players 2Gate at their natural and expand on maps like tal'darim and shakuras, it can be a bit annoying if you neglect speed.

It's not always the question of "which opening is more economically optimal". This is why many pros like Stephano mix between opening with 11overpool 6ling aggression, early speed, and gasless fast 3rd.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
TranceKuja
Profile Joined May 2011
United States154 Posts
March 06 2012 05:38 GMT
#133
On March 05 2012 12:38 Oboeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 09:13 TangSC wrote:
On March 02 2012 07:43 Flonomenalz wrote:
Using this every ZvP.

I hate late game t.t

edit: Can you make a thread like this for Zenio's 3 hatch baneling bust against FFE? There's some VODs of it from the latest Homestory Cup.

If you can provide links I'll check it out and experiment with the style


He did it against Naniwa at IEM Kiev, and from what the casters said, it seemed like he had done it multiple times in the group stage as well. He did it against Sase in the FXOpen Invite #5, except he didn't even need to morph any banelings (had the nest and the gas) and just ripped the wall down with zerglings because Sase was completely unprepared.


Here's the replay for Zenio vs Naniwa at Kiev on Terminus.
http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/kiev/sc2/playoffs/download/26014571/

Here's the VOD for zenio vs Sase, the game is at about 29 minutes.
http://www.twitch.tv/fxopenesports/b/307486093

He goes 14/14 (maybe - one of the games he only took gas after his expo was blocked), double expands, but stops at about 24 drones and one queen. The 3rd base is basically a macro hatch. He lets the protoss see the 3rd, but denies any scouting of the gas in his main, and then he baneling busts.
You can do a similar build with roach ling, but the 3 hatch method lends itself better to banelings. If you do it with a gasless expand you can hit even harder, but it is more difficult to keep a probe out of your main base with only slow lings and a queen when you are first taking the gas. Either way, you want him to scout the 3rd base.

He also did it to Nightend at IEM Kiev on Antiga, but Nightend had a hole in his wall and no sentry... so I'm not sure if that game should count or not.

The replay was:
+ Show Spoiler +

9 OL
14 Pool
15 OL
16 2 lings
17 Queen
19 2 lings
20 gas-3 drones when done. He doesn't take any off after speed is done.
21 Hatch
21 OL
26 Ling speed
26 Hatch
27 Baneling Nest
27 Start making nothing but lings
29 OL

Queen Pukes then makes a tumor and heads to the expo. Nothing but pukes after that.
Winning
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 06 2012 18:46 GMT
#134
On March 06 2012 14:38 TranceKuja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:38 Oboeman wrote:
On March 05 2012 09:13 TangSC wrote:
On March 02 2012 07:43 Flonomenalz wrote:
Using this every ZvP.

I hate late game t.t

edit: Can you make a thread like this for Zenio's 3 hatch baneling bust against FFE? There's some VODs of it from the latest Homestory Cup.

If you can provide links I'll check it out and experiment with the style


He did it against Naniwa at IEM Kiev, and from what the casters said, it seemed like he had done it multiple times in the group stage as well. He did it against Sase in the FXOpen Invite #5, except he didn't even need to morph any banelings (had the nest and the gas) and just ripped the wall down with zerglings because Sase was completely unprepared.


Here's the replay for Zenio vs Naniwa at Kiev on Terminus.
http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/kiev/sc2/playoffs/download/26014571/

Here's the VOD for zenio vs Sase, the game is at about 29 minutes.
http://www.twitch.tv/fxopenesports/b/307486093

He goes 14/14 (maybe - one of the games he only took gas after his expo was blocked), double expands, but stops at about 24 drones and one queen. The 3rd base is basically a macro hatch. He lets the protoss see the 3rd, but denies any scouting of the gas in his main, and then he baneling busts.
You can do a similar build with roach ling, but the 3 hatch method lends itself better to banelings. If you do it with a gasless expand you can hit even harder, but it is more difficult to keep a probe out of your main base with only slow lings and a queen when you are first taking the gas. Either way, you want him to scout the 3rd base.

He also did it to Nightend at IEM Kiev on Antiga, but Nightend had a hole in his wall and no sentry... so I'm not sure if that game should count or not.

The replay was:
+ Show Spoiler +

9 OL
14 Pool
15 OL
16 2 lings
17 Queen
19 2 lings
20 gas-3 drones when done. He doesn't take any off after speed is done.
21 Hatch
21 OL
26 Ling speed
26 Hatch
27 Baneling Nest
27 Start making nothing but lings
29 OL

Queen Pukes then makes a tumor and heads to the expo. Nothing but pukes after that.

Thanks, I looked over the replays. I'll need time to use the build before I feel comfortable writing a guide on it. Wouldn't mind links to JulyZerg's 6Roach / Speedling rush against FFE too.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
SteelNutz
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom16 Posts
March 22 2012 20:31 GMT
#135
Thankyou for this guide!

I'm only gold but this feels a much more powerfull push then the 5-7 roach rush once ffe has been scouted. the 20/42 supply limit to watch for seems more natural - 20 supply & one queen and 4-6 lings - boom, get 2 overlords and just sit and inject while denying scouting. Reinforcing with a suitable roach/ling mixture depending on what is scouted is nice too.

Thanks again sir
Infocus
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada31 Posts
March 23 2012 03:14 GMT
#136
I love these TangSc All in Zerg builds. Glad that someone spent the time iron out the details and lays out for me so nice and easy. Thanks TangSc, you make my ZvX more bearable with all-ins when I get frustrated with defending.
My ZvZ mentality " My muta micro is better than your muta micro "
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
March 23 2012 04:00 GMT
#137
On March 07 2012 03:46 TangSC wrote:Wouldn't mind links to JulyZerg's 6Roach / Speedling rush against FFE too.

July played a match on entombed about a month or two ago using that build. It's basically just a speedling expand where you cut drones after the expansion (~20), then make a roach warren and pull off gas after you have 150 (plus the 100 you mined for speed). It's incredibly simple and transitions better than the earlier builds, while hitting faster than the old school style Losira and others used almost a year ago. It unfortunately suffers from being slow enough that they can defend it with Void Rays and they can see it coming due to the need for an early gas. I have seen a hatch first variation (I think Terious did it against Huk on bel'shir beach) that utilizes a proxy hatch (15 hatch no less) for the roaches, though that likely throws even more alarm bells in a protoss who knows pool/gas timings. I've had it work mostly when I sent an early drone to proxy, then faked a 15 hatch at my natural and let them deny it while I made my pool/gas in the main, which can really throw off some players.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
March 23 2012 04:16 GMT
#138
I absolutely love this. I've been looking for a good all-in against toss to keep them honest and I remember Leenock having such success with this. I feel like bling bust is really weak against ffe, so I'm definitely going to start incorporating this now.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 23 2012 17:32 GMT
#139
On March 23 2012 13:00 oOOoOphidian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 03:46 TangSC wrote:Wouldn't mind links to JulyZerg's 6Roach / Speedling rush against FFE too.

July played a match on entombed about a month or two ago using that build. It's basically just a speedling expand where you cut drones after the expansion (~20), then make a roach warren and pull off gas after you have 150 (plus the 100 you mined for speed). It's incredibly simple and transitions better than the earlier builds, while hitting faster than the old school style Losira and others used almost a year ago. It unfortunately suffers from being slow enough that they can defend it with Void Rays and they can see it coming due to the need for an early gas. I have seen a hatch first variation (I think Terious did it against Huk on bel'shir beach) that utilizes a proxy hatch (15 hatch no less) for the roaches, though that likely throws even more alarm bells in a protoss who knows pool/gas timings. I've had it work mostly when I sent an early drone to proxy, then faked a 15 hatch at my natural and let them deny it while I made my pool/gas in the main, which can really throw off some players.

That's exactly what I was thinking - The beauty of Leenock's build is stargate openings won't get a Vray out in time, I feel like any later openings can be shut down by air. Haha you fake a hatch first, then proxy hatch all-in? I'd have to see it in action but I like the idea.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
ThomasHobbes
Profile Joined October 2010
United States197 Posts
March 23 2012 18:05 GMT
#140
I was using a non-hatch cancel of this build (8 roaches, 20 sling @ 7:10) back in Season 4 with a 90-95% winrate in high masters.

That said, I feel the defense is too well-defined for this build to continue and consistently take games at a high level.

Some major tells :

- Gas first / gas mined at all. There is no legitimate reason to take such a significant economic cut unless you intend to all-in or desperately need to deny information about tech.
- The absence of a 3rd between 4:30-6:00. A Zerg who isn't taking a fast third against FFE is planning on winning the game in a non-conventional manner. That means tech or an allin.
- Denied scouts. This should send alarm bells off in the Protoss head, especially if probe+zealot or 2 zealot scouts (which the Protoss should be sending against gas-first openings) are denied. Having more than 4 speedlings out on the map, and certainly more than 6, is a huge investment that you would not and cannot make unless you plan on allin'ing.

I think the answer to this is simple. Scout gas-first or early gas openers and prepare accordingly. It is possible to deny a 2-zealot scout with speedlings, but doing so should be, in its own way, a huge tell. Throw down 2-3 extra cannons, have a sentry or two out, and hold with good FFs.
"The life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
ComeBackTV 1505
IntoTheiNu 1159
TaKeTV 499
SteadfastSC458
LamboSC2435
IndyStarCraft 171
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 54
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 458
LamboSC2 435
mouzHeroMarine 275
IndyStarCraft 171
ProTech152
Rex 120
UpATreeSC 80
BRAT_OK 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33206
Shuttle 1715
EffOrt 926
Light 644
Mini 561
Soma 482
Rush 362
firebathero 292
Snow 192
ZerO 180
[ Show more ]
hero 98
sorry 58
Sea.KH 51
Killer 48
Liquid`Ret 47
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 27
Sexy 21
soO 21
Bale 21
Free 17
Trap 17
Shine 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc8743
qojqva1446
Dendi981
420jenkins139
Counter-Strike
fl0m1399
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2027
crisheroes1270
XaKoH 207
MindelVK13
Other Games
singsing1823
B2W.Neo1043
Beastyqt371
Hui .191
KnowMe154
ArmadaUGS145
QueenE104
FrodaN90
Mew2King68
Trikslyr61
Dewaltoss47
ToD37
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 15
• FirePhoenix13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3249
• TFBlade1188
Other Games
• Shiphtur245
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 33m
Stellar Fest
20h 33m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.