• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:59
CEST 09:59
KST 16:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8029 users

[G] Playing Mech in TvZ - No more banelings. - Page 12

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-22 20:12:18
July 22 2012 20:12 GMT
#221

http://drop.sc/226146

I'm trying to learn how to mech.

Things I did wrong:
-Scouting for Zergs T2, even though I hardly took any damage, I knew way to late what unit was coming.
-To inactive with my Hellions. I did 2 runby's which both did good damage, I should do more of those.
-Expand to a third quite late, and get it denied a couple of times.
-Not expand during my Hive Timing 'doom push'.
-Not adding appropriate infrastructure in time.
-Deciding I needed a Starport and doing pretty much nothing with it.
-Having no idea of Army control.
-Getting my first attempted third killed by my own Siege Tanks (Tanks doing more damage to my CC than to the lings attacking them is retarded btw).

I'm very unfamiliar with mech. Recently, I changed hotkey setup, got a new laptop + new mouse, started playing Random and dropped a league doing so, causing me to play slow and kinda sloppy.

I'm sorry about the language in the end, I felt extremely frustrated that I lost to a Zerg whom I feel was inferior (losing tons of mutas for no damage, letting me kill a lot of drones with runby's, NOT EVEN SCOUTING TO CHECK MY RACE, going 3 macrohatch before queens it felt like, and did nothing but 1a his broodlords and roaches...

Any help would be appreciated, especially on the macro front

Kind Regards
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
July 22 2012 20:14 GMT
#222
I have been having so much fun against mech lately. Not only do the terrans play the style more because they can't handle the marine splitting bio-tank playstyle, but they give me juicy practice time against an otherwise unplayed style.

I have just gotten a reasonable third ( roughly 40 supply-ish ) and a lair after starting my first upgrade ( usually carapace ). Once the lair is started I start 6 roaches and defend against hellion attacks on my third, or trap them in my natural if they do decide to run by. When the lair is done, I immediately start building overseers, roughly 5 or 6. Any zerg that is having trouble against mech should try overseers.

Because Mech is so extremely reliant on getting early thors out to deal with a potential mutalisk techswitch, they skimp on any other anti-air like marines. This gives you the perfect oppertunity to go for a mass contaminate on the techlabbed factories and bum-rush his PF third with a large roach force. If your timings are good enough, the terran won't have enough Thors out to contest you killing the third and sniping SCV's. Even if he was going for a 2 base push, you delay it so much that you can get out an absolutely rediculously huge roach force with 6 infestors that will stomp any delayed mech force with infested terran spam and roach swarming.

If any of the well versed in mech could come up with a potential way to counteract this style, please enlighten me. Because unless you have atleast 5 marines out at the exact right place you can't stop 6 overseers from floating through your main and not get atleast 3 contaminates off.
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
July 22 2012 20:31 GMT
#223
Turrets?
I always make a turretring shortly after 3rd
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
July 26 2012 05:49 GMT
#224
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?
LemonyTang
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom437 Posts
July 26 2012 17:02 GMT
#225
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.
Mvp #1
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 17:19:21
July 26 2012 17:12 GMT
#226
I've been meching in all my TvZ games recently as I've always found the more passive styles a hell of a lot more fun to play. I probably win more than I should as zergs at my level (platinum and diamond atm) seem to not know how to deal with it, but I basically super turtle and know that I'm super safe against anything they throw against me.

I get my third and make sure I have equal defense at both my third and natural with some walls to stop lings and slowly push out to take a fourth. When I'm on my fourth base it usually means I've got a good foothold and can start to split the map with turrets, more engineering bay walls and planetaries to help out against any ground armies. When I can get that to happen I know I'm in a decent position.

I try and make sure to hurass with thor drops and hellions depending what the zergs doing and I transition into a lot of ghosts for nukes later on against broodlords as they really help keep me defended. It may be boring and me winning may be completely luck based, but super turtling is working out for me at the moment as I usually just rip through any army that comes at me.

Almost lost a game to losing all my vikings before to a load of infestors today though x_x

For anyone interested my composition is usually mostly tanks with some thors and hellions mixed in, and I start building vikings very early as people usually try and get quick hive for Broodlords against me.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
MarTerran
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany8 Posts
July 26 2012 20:06 GMT
#227
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


MKP said. That's why most of us should go for 1 Rax FE. He can defend crazy stuff (and even won with CC first against 6 pool ).
CC First is good though. It depends on Map i think.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
July 26 2012 21:05 GMT
#228
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)
LemonyTang
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom437 Posts
July 26 2012 23:39 GMT
#229
On July 27 2012 06:05 saaaa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355346

Here's the interview. I've no idea how long it's delayed sorry, but I don't think it's loads.

^^ re: Not everyone has the micro of MKP, this is true, but to be honest defending from zerg all ins isn't very micro intensive if you go hellion/cb. You set all your scvs to right click the bunker and auto-repair, use your banshees to either amove (okay) or rightclick on roaches to kill them all (good) and then spend all your micro on hellions, dodging forwards and back to make his roaches indecisive and kill any lings. Obviously target banelings first if you can, but yeah, it's easy.
Mvp #1
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
July 27 2012 09:56 GMT
#230
On July 27 2012 08:39 LemonyTang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 06:05 saaaa wrote:
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355346

Here's the interview. I've no idea how long it's delayed sorry, but I don't think it's loads.

^^ re: Not everyone has the micro of MKP, this is true, but to be honest defending from zerg all ins isn't very micro intensive if you go hellion/cb. You set all your scvs to right click the bunker and auto-repair, use your banshees to either amove (okay) or rightclick on roaches to kill them all (good) and then spend all your micro on hellions, dodging forwards and back to make his roaches indecisive and kill any lings. Obviously target banelings first if you can, but yeah, it's easy.


great thx here are some really surprising facts:

The 15CC build doesn't delay anything. In fact you are faster than a normal No Gas FE because, you get your 1st Gas @ 3:05. That means you get your 1st gas like 30 seconds earlier compared to a No Gas FE (3:30-3:35). That accumlate and you get your starport with no 15CC @ 5:30 with a No Gas FE @ 4:45-5:00.

In economy you have with a No Gas FE like 45 @ 10:00 and with a 15CC 5-7 more, depends how flawless you execute your build.

I think thats really interesting and it shows that we all start to use 15CC. The only thing i'am worried about is the fact that the players in my replays, which i analyze did'nt build a bunker - maybe early lings can be a problem. But maybe we can trhough down the bunker when both CC are morphing.

Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
July 27 2012 12:02 GMT
#231
On July 27 2012 18:56 saaaa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 08:39 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 27 2012 06:05 saaaa wrote:
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355346

Here's the interview. I've no idea how long it's delayed sorry, but I don't think it's loads.

^^ re: Not everyone has the micro of MKP, this is true, but to be honest defending from zerg all ins isn't very micro intensive if you go hellion/cb. You set all your scvs to right click the bunker and auto-repair, use your banshees to either amove (okay) or rightclick on roaches to kill them all (good) and then spend all your micro on hellions, dodging forwards and back to make his roaches indecisive and kill any lings. Obviously target banelings first if you can, but yeah, it's easy.


great thx here are some really surprising facts:

The 15CC build doesn't delay anything. In fact you are faster than a normal No Gas FE because, you get your 1st Gas @ 3:05. That means you get your 1st gas like 30 seconds earlier compared to a No Gas FE (3:30-3:35). That accumlate and you get your starport with no 15CC @ 5:30 with a No Gas FE @ 4:45-5:00.

In economy you have with a No Gas FE like 45 @ 10:00 and with a 15CC 5-7 more, depends how flawless you execute your build.

I think thats really interesting and it shows that we all start to use 15CC. The only thing i'am worried about is the fact that the players in my replays, which i analyze did'nt build a bunker - maybe early lings can be a problem. But maybe we can trhough down the bunker when both CC are morphing.



are there any good replays of seeing MKP using CC first in TvZ so I can see what he does?
MLG_Wiggin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States767 Posts
July 27 2012 12:43 GMT
#232
On July 27 2012 21:02 Chaggi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 18:56 saaaa wrote:
On July 27 2012 08:39 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 27 2012 06:05 saaaa wrote:
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355346

Here's the interview. I've no idea how long it's delayed sorry, but I don't think it's loads.

^^ re: Not everyone has the micro of MKP, this is true, but to be honest defending from zerg all ins isn't very micro intensive if you go hellion/cb. You set all your scvs to right click the bunker and auto-repair, use your banshees to either amove (okay) or rightclick on roaches to kill them all (good) and then spend all your micro on hellions, dodging forwards and back to make his roaches indecisive and kill any lings. Obviously target banelings first if you can, but yeah, it's easy.


great thx here are some really surprising facts:

The 15CC build doesn't delay anything. In fact you are faster than a normal No Gas FE because, you get your 1st Gas @ 3:05. That means you get your 1st gas like 30 seconds earlier compared to a No Gas FE (3:30-3:35). That accumlate and you get your starport with no 15CC @ 5:30 with a No Gas FE @ 4:45-5:00.

In economy you have with a No Gas FE like 45 @ 10:00 and with a 15CC 5-7 more, depends how flawless you execute your build.

I think thats really interesting and it shows that we all start to use 15CC. The only thing i'am worried about is the fact that the players in my replays, which i analyze did'nt build a bunker - maybe early lings can be a problem. But maybe we can trhough down the bunker when both CC are morphing.



are there any good replays of seeing MKP using CC first in TvZ so I can see what he does?


MKP does a pretty standard 15CC -> 15 rax, start adding SCVs and get a second rax... then from there it depends on what you want from a midgame push. MMA/MKP sometimes add a 3rd rax, get double gas, then go for a +1/+1 timing with bio and medivacs. I've seen MKP go double gas after the 2 rax, add a factory (with a reactor), and go for marine/hellion/medivac pressure sort of like you would do with a 1 rax no gas FE into double gas. There is a lot of variability, and honestly you can do basicly anything you would do after a 1 rax no gas FE with just slightly different timings due to the CC first.
@DBWiggin, SC2 ref
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
July 27 2012 13:32 GMT
#233
On July 27 2012 21:43 MLG_Wiggin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 21:02 Chaggi wrote:
On July 27 2012 18:56 saaaa wrote:
On July 27 2012 08:39 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 27 2012 06:05 saaaa wrote:
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355346

Here's the interview. I've no idea how long it's delayed sorry, but I don't think it's loads.

^^ re: Not everyone has the micro of MKP, this is true, but to be honest defending from zerg all ins isn't very micro intensive if you go hellion/cb. You set all your scvs to right click the bunker and auto-repair, use your banshees to either amove (okay) or rightclick on roaches to kill them all (good) and then spend all your micro on hellions, dodging forwards and back to make his roaches indecisive and kill any lings. Obviously target banelings first if you can, but yeah, it's easy.


great thx here are some really surprising facts:

The 15CC build doesn't delay anything. In fact you are faster than a normal No Gas FE because, you get your 1st Gas @ 3:05. That means you get your 1st gas like 30 seconds earlier compared to a No Gas FE (3:30-3:35). That accumlate and you get your starport with no 15CC @ 5:30 with a No Gas FE @ 4:45-5:00.

In economy you have with a No Gas FE like 45 @ 10:00 and with a 15CC 5-7 more, depends how flawless you execute your build.

I think thats really interesting and it shows that we all start to use 15CC. The only thing i'am worried about is the fact that the players in my replays, which i analyze did'nt build a bunker - maybe early lings can be a problem. But maybe we can trhough down the bunker when both CC are morphing.



are there any good replays of seeing MKP using CC first in TvZ so I can see what he does?


MKP does a pretty standard 15CC -> 15 rax, start adding SCVs and get a second rax... then from there it depends on what you want from a midgame push. MMA/MKP sometimes add a 3rd rax, get double gas, then go for a +1/+1 timing with bio and medivacs. I've seen MKP go double gas after the 2 rax, add a factory (with a reactor), and go for marine/hellion/medivac pressure sort of like you would do with a 1 rax no gas FE into double gas. There is a lot of variability, and honestly you can do basicly anything you would do after a 1 rax no gas FE with just slightly different timings due to the CC first.


yeah but the only player who goes mech after 15CC is Mvp so far. MKP and MMA only went 15CC if they play bio heavy.

The Reactor Hellion+Cloakshee Build with 2 Armory was out of a 1 Rax FE of MKP.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 12:23:05
August 07 2012 12:22 GMT
#234
What do you think about ghosts versus the air transition into BC/Raven/Vinking?

I not sure what i should add after my get 4th+5th Base. Should i add some ghosts? They are still amazing in my opinion because you can nuke/kill hatches and kill a lot of larvae and deny the zerg the instant remax which is crucial.

You have the chance to kill his whole army with a lucky nuke and you can nuke his tech and kill every tech building. Even you can take out creap with nukes not really cost effective but you can.

And you can EMP infestor thats the most relevant point in my opinion.


Battlecrusiers and Raven is a really scary composition with some vikings mixed in and if you play the late game correct it's really difficult to loose the game.

I'am interested in your opinions maybe we can add both types into our "standard" play.

vBr
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden193 Posts
August 07 2012 19:23 GMT
#235
On July 27 2012 06:05 saaaa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 02:02 LemonyTang wrote:
On July 26 2012 14:49 saaaa wrote:
What do you guys think about a 1 rax FE vs. CC first?

Is it viable in every case? I think about it to change all my builds (mostly 1 rax fe+reactor hellion with Cloak Banshee) into a 15 CC build to get the "extra" economy. Is it viable or should i just stay at my standard 1rax fe?


MKP said it best in a recent interview that the only way zerg can punish CC first is a 6pool, so I definitely reccomend you start going CC first.


can you send me the link to this interview?

How many seconds is the normal reactor hellion+cloak banshee delayed? Do you know this, lemony? (or others, too)



Gas first reactor hellion (ie 11-12 gas, 13 rax) gets hellions around 5:00.
Standard old-school reactor hellion (12 rax, 13-14 gas) gets hellions around 5:30
Thorzain's build (12 rax, rally 15 refinery) gets hellions around 5:50 I think. Actually not sure even though its my standard build more or less )
CC first gets 6:30 hellions.

Gasless expand without 2nd supply (12 rax, 15 orbital, 16 cc, 16 refinery x2, then supply depot) gets hellions around 6:30
and finally: Gasless expand with 2nd supply (same build but supply depot before cc) gets hellions around 7 min.

The Banshee timings are obviously quite related to these timings.
wESty_terra
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany11 Posts
August 11 2012 00:22 GMT
#236
is there any chance of getting more recent replays?
MrBarryObama
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)141 Posts
August 11 2012 00:36 GMT
#237
^upvote
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
August 11 2012 22:35 GMT
#238
On August 07 2012 21:22 saaaa wrote:
What do you think about ghosts versus the air transition into BC/Raven/Vinking?

I not sure what i should add after my get 4th+5th Base. Should i add some ghosts? They are still amazing in my opinion because you can nuke/kill hatches and kill a lot of larvae and deny the zerg the instant remax which is crucial.

You have the chance to kill his whole army with a lucky nuke and you can nuke his tech and kill every tech building. Even you can take out creap with nukes not really cost effective but you can.

And you can EMP infestor thats the most relevant point in my opinion.


Battlecrusiers and Raven is a really scary composition with some vikings mixed in and if you play the late game correct it's really difficult to loose the game.

I'am interested in your opinions maybe we can add both types into our "standard" play.



noone i'am still really unsure about this.
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 18:16:08
August 14 2012 18:09 GMT
#239
so I have a question for any master league mech players who happen to stumble upon it-
when I play mech against zerg, im decent at getting my 3ccs up and going at a reasonable rate, also I have good enough positioning (most times) to be able to deal with any roach attacks off of 3 bases and mutalisk harrass before the lategame. The problem that I often have is how to get back on the offensive. I often feel that by the time I am moving out (towards the zerg 4th or 5th depending on how they have been expanding) the zerg has hive tech up and ready for me and I have to retreat/hope to not lose too much as I scramble to get my raven/vikings out. It often goes downhill from there as I pretty much have to let them have map control and hope that I can win one big engagement, but my comp is often too far behind the zergs and I get stomped.
I open up with no banshees, often in a totally defensive position and hope that my hellion harrass can do enough damage or at least force enough units to slow down his lategame tech. Am I making any fundamental mistakes with this strategy? Im pretty good at not making any of the classic mistakes with mech (moving unseiged onto creep, not being ready for muta tech switches, etc.) I think I can best summarize my problem by saying that Im good at not dying, but Im bad at being able to kill my opponent. Ile upload some reps as soon as I figure out how, but if anyone reads this and detects a big problem with my strat, any pointers would be welcome
http://drop.sc/238738
http://drop.sc/238737
http://drop.sc/238736
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
LemonyTang
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom437 Posts
August 15 2012 13:11 GMT
#240
On August 11 2012 09:22 wESty_terra wrote:
is there any chance of getting more recent replays?


Hey,

Here is my most recent 31 replays.

You can download either from here: http://lh.rs/9RdvWk5sZ1PX or here: http://www.mediafire.com/?tj9ztjhrewrprjz

Enjoy!
Mvp #1
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 203
910 91
Mong 59
Shinee 49
Killer 31
Bale 29
Aegong 24
Mind 23
ZergMaN 17
soO 10
League of Legends
JimRising 480
Counter-Strike
ceh9469
shoxiejesuss371
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King191
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1518
Other Games
summit1g8765
olofmeister1040
Happy405
crisheroes179
Sick165
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee108
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH87
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Rush1612
• Stunt468
• Jankos214
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 1m
OSC
5h 1m
Stellar Fest
5h 1m
OSC
16h 1m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.