• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8630 users

[G] PvT: MC's 1 gate FE - Page 13

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
eugalp
Profile Joined August 2011
United States203 Posts
June 24 2012 21:23 GMT
#241
I believe MC has moved away from this build. This build delays sentries for quite a bit and may be vulnerable to a stim rush. There was a game, I forget where, but I think it was vs Polt, on TDA. Polt did a good job hiding marauders, skipped conc shells and went straight for stim. Then he just walked up to MC's base and destroyed him. Now MC gets earlier sentries.
"More GG more skill" - White-Ra
Chillypill
Profile Joined July 2011
Denmark25 Posts
June 25 2012 08:36 GMT
#242
I lost to terran doing this build.

I scout him seeing 1 rax no gas late enough to know there was no stim timing/111/other cheese comming good so I expect it to be 1 rax expo since he chase my probe away and put down a bunker at his natural, but what then happened surprised me. After my probe leaving he imidiatly throw down 2 more rax and pump marines to make a pretty sick attack at my expansion, all while taking his own expansion (he can do this since no gas). So I end up loosing my expand since I have to go up ramp and force field to keep him away (since that many marines are so imbalanced compared to how few units i have earlygame beause of 1gate expo)

After that I was soo faar behind that I lost when he just did a random a-move derpderp push with 1 attack and stim.
I am rank 1 Diamond player and I really cant see how to beat this. It doesnt matter if I poke in and try and see his expansion time since terrans can just derp and build it on highground. Marines are so inzanely costeffective earlygame so its pretty much done deal for my expansion when he does that and I am allready commited for 1gate expansion - even if I hold xel'naga towers and see it comming I cant produce enough units in time to hold it.

What do I do? Btw the game was played on cloud kingdom. I might upload replay when I get home.

Please help from people whos master only since im rank 1 diamond myself xD
gslavik
Profile Joined August 2010
United States72 Posts
June 25 2012 08:57 GMT
#243
On June 25 2012 17:36 Chillypill wrote:
I lost to terran doing this build.

I scout him seeing 1 rax no gas late enough to know there was no stim timing/111/other cheese comming good so I expect it to be 1 rax expo since he chase my probe away and put down a bunker at his natural, but what then happened surprised me. After my probe leaving he imidiatly throw down 2 more rax and pump marines to make a pretty sick attack at my expansion, all while taking his own expansion (he can do this since no gas). So I end up loosing my expand since I have to go up ramp and force field to keep him away (since that many marines are so imbalanced compared to how few units i have earlygame beause of 1gate expo)

After that I was soo faar behind that I lost when he just did a random a-move derpderp push with 1 attack and stim.
I am rank 1 Diamond player and I really cant see how to beat this. It doesnt matter if I poke in and try and see his expansion time since terrans can just derp and build it on highground. Marines are so inzanely costeffective earlygame so its pretty much done deal for my expansion when he does that and I am allready commited for 1gate expansion - even if I hold xel'naga towers and see it comming I cant produce enough units in time to hold it.

What do I do? Btw the game was played on cloud kingdom. I might upload replay when I get home.

Please help from people whos master only since im rank 1 diamond myself xD


Looks like what MKP did once, bunker at nat, but no CC. I always try to verify that there is a CC there, even if it costs me a zealot or a stalker.
"I am infallible, you should know that by now." --Dogbert
Emperor
Profile Joined May 2012
Norway68 Posts
June 25 2012 11:00 GMT
#244
On June 25 2012 05:38 lordsurya08 wrote:
Excellent guide! You mention that against a gasless FE we should pick a different build. So what build should we do? Is
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/1_Gate_FE_3_Gate_Pressure_(PvT)
a good build to switch to?


From my experience with this build at High Master level you can react in 2 ways to a 1 rax gasless expand, either transition into an all in or cut units. I like to do the latter. Just skip 1 or 2 Stalkers and get an earlier nexus, you should be able to prevent engineering bay block with the Zealot. Then just conteniue to CB out probes and you should be atleast equal on the eco.
Writer
Revelatus
Profile Joined July 2011
United States183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-27 16:37:34
June 27 2012 16:33 GMT
#245
I tend to lay out builds in excel when I first start drilling them in hopes to eventually commit them to memory, and I happen to have made a cheat sheet for this. Figured I'd put it here for anyone who is interested.

MC's 1 Gate FE

Cheers, and thanks for the great thread
caяp diєм
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE143
Nina 118
Nathanias 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16466
White-Ra 355
Artosis 145
ToSsGirL 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever333
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3308
Counter-Strike
fl0m1296
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox358
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1906
Liquid`Hasu1368
Trikslyr54
Other Games
summit1g6200
Grubby3631
ArmadaUGS1729
shahzam526
C9.Mang0242
JimRising 197
ZombieGrub62
Mew2King58
Railgan20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• davetesta23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1110
• Scarra1014
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 49m
OSC
14h 49m
Stellar Fest
14h 49m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.