• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8184 users

[G] A slightly improved PvT 1 gate FE - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
November 18 2011 14:47 GMT
#101
On November 18 2011 21:01 Markwerf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 20:50 WrathOfAiur wrote:
the zealot is useful against the 1 marine 2 marauder poke. and he said he wants to be kinda safe against everything, so that should be the answer you are looking for.


that is rare these days and easy to scout. If terran opts for pressure it's 90% of the time a reactor first opening. If they open tech lab after rine you can easily adjust the build. On bigger maps you don't even really need to.
In general it just doesn't make sense to get that zealot. If your mindset is to expand no matter what they do basically, then you should expand as fast as possible. Getting the nexus up faster works out much smoother imo because:
- you can get it before the third pylon without getting some awkward supply block or probe cut, zealot first either delays the nexus till after the third pylon (thus 200 minerals later) or causes some supply block
- faster nexus means the nexus finishes earlier, in fact just about the same time as warpgate finishes. This means you don't need that 4th pylon against pressure saving you 100 minerals. With a nexus just a bit later this timing can get awkward and you thus need to spend 100 on the 4th pylon.
- faster nexus gives some extra energy which is useful when you need to chrono your gates against 2 rax pressure. Faster nexus also means it's finished faster meaning it has more hitpoints in the case of fast pressure.

Ofcourse faster nexus has the disadvantage that your window for canceling it in case of some weird all-in is smaller but we probe scout for that anyway.


Others have said this already, but to reiterate, if you don't get the zealot, you can die to marauder pressure pretty easily, and you'll get delayed substantially by an ebay block. And no, you can't scout marauder pressure before it's too late. T just has to chase your scout probe out and then park his marine at the bottom of the ramp and you'll never see the tech lab.

The 20 and 22 food expansions are safe-ish, but require a ton of probe cutting, so the earlier nexus isn't as economical as it seems.
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 15:37:45
November 18 2011 15:33 GMT
#102
On November 18 2011 23:41 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 12:32 QTIP. wrote:
At what point due you decide to get a Robo if you you don't see a 2nd rax go down, but know that they are collecting gas?

In other words, at what point do you get the Robo when you don't know if 2-rax is going to hit you, or Cloaked banshee is going to hit you?


I do try to get as much scouting info as I can. You don't see it in that replay because I knew he was going reactor 2-rax, but I'm active with my scouting probe after it's forced out by the marine. I'll move around below the ramp trying to get a marine count and to see if there's a marauder or a bunker, I hold a watch tower to see if there's an early push coming, and I'll move the watch tower probe up to his natural to see if he's expanding or leaving his base.

Long story short, I try to get as much information as I can (including what would make sense from T given the map and positions), and then I play it by feel after 30 food.

If I feel comfortable that T is going for a quick expansion, I might take a robo and a gas after my first 2 gates to rush colossi and upgrades. If I'm not sure at all what he's doing, I'll get the third gate and then the robo early enough to get an obs for cloaked banshees. I think you need to start the robo by like 6:30 at the latest to deal with cloak, and by that time, any normal bio push should have been seen by your scout probe at the tower or T's nat.

Also, you can defend bio pushes with 2 gate robo, but you need to constantly produce units out of those gates, which people rarely do.


robo needs to be started by 5:55 with obs started instantly with 1 chrono to get it out by 7:30 (normal cloak bancheese time).

The issue with 1g nexus 2g robo is you can't constantly produce out of the 2 gateways unless you cut probes. You can if you don't have to build the robo and observer (saves you 225 minerals 175 gas) but it's difficult to say they aren't going cloak if they delay their 2rax push a little.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
November 18 2011 15:43 GMT
#103
On November 18 2011 23:41 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 12:32 QTIP. wrote:
At what point due you decide to get a Robo if you you don't see a 2nd rax go down, but know that they are collecting gas?

In other words, at what point do you get the Robo when you don't know if 2-rax is going to hit you, or Cloaked banshee is going to hit you?


I do try to get as much scouting info as I can. You don't see it in that replay because I knew he was going reactor 2-rax, but I'm active with my scouting probe after it's forced out by the marine. I'll move around below the ramp trying to get a marine count and to see if there's a marauder or a bunker, I hold a watch tower to see if there's an early push coming, and I'll move the watch tower probe up to his natural to see if he's expanding or leaving his base.

Long story short, I try to get as much information as I can (including what would make sense from T given the map and positions), and then I play it by feel after 30 food.

If I feel comfortable that T is going for a quick expansion, I might take a robo and a gas after my first 2 gates to rush colossi and upgrades. If I'm not sure at all what he's doing, I'll get the third gate and then the robo early enough to get an obs for cloaked banshees. I think you need to start the robo by like 6:30 at the latest to deal with cloak, and by that time, any normal bio push should have been seen by your scout probe at the tower or T's nat.

Also, you can defend bio pushes with 2 gate robo, but you need to constantly produce units out of those gates, which people rarely do.


Yeah, I knew from your replay that you wouldn't have to worry about cloaked banshee unless PokeBunny went super tricky and cancelled the 2nd rax.

Though I'm not quite good enough to play PokeBunny, many Terrans I play will wall off with 3 Supply depots (with a bunker behind), or 2 Depots with a bunker. Marauders are kept in the back and the Marines in the bunker give the illusion of a tech-based build. However, they simply salvage the bunker move out with a 2-rax timing and can punish 1 Gate FE's that add a Robo too quickly.

Of course, others will have that bunker because they are actually teching to Banshee, and producing an early Robo would be the correct choice.

It turns into a guessing game here, and I suppose there is no guaranteed way to make the correct choice, but instead you must play the probabilities based on persistent scouting.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
galivet
Profile Joined February 2011
288 Posts
November 18 2011 16:06 GMT
#104
On November 18 2011 22:11 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 22:08 Markwerf wrote:
On November 18 2011 21:44 WrathOfAiur wrote:
On November 18 2011 21:35 Markwerf wrote:
And it's easy to scout.. you know where their first rax is and even if they have walled off you can see if they get tech lab after the marine or not.


????????

how can you see that? if the marine is microed correctly you won't see anything.


are you joking?? your probe is sitting next to the rax when the marine comes out? you know perfectly well if they get techlab or reactor... if they delay the techlab or cancel the reactor then you can't see but then their build is slowed down enough for it not to matter really.


This is completely unrealistic. You will lose your probe if you try to dely the addon by more than 2 seconds.


Can you build a pylon to block the addon and cancel it once you do/don't see them lift their rax?
Fuhrmaaj
Profile Joined January 2011
167 Posts
November 18 2011 16:17 GMT
#105
I hope that nobody argues that you popularized the 1 gate FE.

Have you tried the nexus first? I'm doing that on larger maps now and 3 gate expand on smaller ones. I want to try that 2 gas 1 gate expand on smaller maps because I think the major factor is sentries. How do you feel about this?
Random player
CaptainHaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States240 Posts
November 18 2011 16:40 GMT
#106
On November 19 2011 01:17 Fuhrmaaj wrote:
I hope that nobody argues that you popularized the 1 gate FE.

Have you tried the nexus first? I'm doing that on larger maps now and 3 gate expand on smaller ones. I want to try that 2 gas 1 gate expand on smaller maps because I think the major factor is sentries. How do you feel about this?

This seems really counterintuitive, on smaller maps where earlier pressure is stronger, the sentries are going to be less useful in earlier engagements. Two gas expand allows for a stronger midgame army with a good sentry count, but a 1 gas expand can deal much better with something like a 2 rax aggression or a marauder conc shell rush.
All of us warned you of the big white face.
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
November 18 2011 17:19 GMT
#107
On November 19 2011 00:43 QTIP. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 23:41 kcdc wrote:
On November 18 2011 12:32 QTIP. wrote:
At what point due you decide to get a Robo if you you don't see a 2nd rax go down, but know that they are collecting gas?

In other words, at what point do you get the Robo when you don't know if 2-rax is going to hit you, or Cloaked banshee is going to hit you?


I do try to get as much scouting info as I can. You don't see it in that replay because I knew he was going reactor 2-rax, but I'm active with my scouting probe after it's forced out by the marine. I'll move around below the ramp trying to get a marine count and to see if there's a marauder or a bunker, I hold a watch tower to see if there's an early push coming, and I'll move the watch tower probe up to his natural to see if he's expanding or leaving his base.

Long story short, I try to get as much information as I can (including what would make sense from T given the map and positions), and then I play it by feel after 30 food.

If I feel comfortable that T is going for a quick expansion, I might take a robo and a gas after my first 2 gates to rush colossi and upgrades. If I'm not sure at all what he's doing, I'll get the third gate and then the robo early enough to get an obs for cloaked banshees. I think you need to start the robo by like 6:30 at the latest to deal with cloak, and by that time, any normal bio push should have been seen by your scout probe at the tower or T's nat.

Also, you can defend bio pushes with 2 gate robo, but you need to constantly produce units out of those gates, which people rarely do.


Yeah, I knew from your replay that you wouldn't have to worry about cloaked banshee unless PokeBunny went super tricky and cancelled the 2nd rax.

Though I'm not quite good enough to play PokeBunny, many Terrans I play will wall off with 3 Supply depots (with a bunker behind), or 2 Depots with a bunker. Marauders are kept in the back and the Marines in the bunker give the illusion of a tech-based build. However, they simply salvage the bunker move out with a 2-rax timing and can punish 1 Gate FE's that add a Robo too quickly.

Of course, others will have that bunker because they are actually teching to Banshee, and producing an early Robo would be the correct choice.

It turns into a guessing game here, and I suppose there is no guaranteed way to make the correct choice, but instead you must play the probabilities based on persistent scouting.


When does 2-rax leave T's base? 5:30ish? These are things I should probably know, but like I said, I really play this MU by feel after my opening which probably isn't for the best.

Anyway, if it's 5:30, then you can sac a probe up T's ramp at 5:40, and if there's no push coming, you can reactively take an early robo.

I remember losing once to a Terran that took no gas for my scout probe, bunkered his natural to fake no-gas expand, and then proxied 2-port cloaked banshees, so there are ways to metagame anything P can do, but this opening seems to work well against the normal stuff.
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
November 18 2011 17:56 GMT
#108
On November 18 2011 23:47 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 21:01 Markwerf wrote:
On November 18 2011 20:50 WrathOfAiur wrote:
the zealot is useful against the 1 marine 2 marauder poke. and he said he wants to be kinda safe against everything, so that should be the answer you are looking for.


that is rare these days and easy to scout. If terran opts for pressure it's 90% of the time a reactor first opening. If they open tech lab after rine you can easily adjust the build. On bigger maps you don't even really need to.
In general it just doesn't make sense to get that zealot. If your mindset is to expand no matter what they do basically, then you should expand as fast as possible. Getting the nexus up faster works out much smoother imo because:
- you can get it before the third pylon without getting some awkward supply block or probe cut, zealot first either delays the nexus till after the third pylon (thus 200 minerals later) or causes some supply block
- faster nexus means the nexus finishes earlier, in fact just about the same time as warpgate finishes. This means you don't need that 4th pylon against pressure saving you 100 minerals. With a nexus just a bit later this timing can get awkward and you thus need to spend 100 on the 4th pylon.
- faster nexus gives some extra energy which is useful when you need to chrono your gates against 2 rax pressure. Faster nexus also means it's finished faster meaning it has more hitpoints in the case of fast pressure.

Ofcourse faster nexus has the disadvantage that your window for canceling it in case of some weird all-in is smaller but we probe scout for that anyway.


Others have said this already, but to reiterate, if you don't get the zealot, you can die to marauder pressure pretty easily, and you'll get delayed substantially by an ebay block. And no, you can't scout marauder pressure before it's too late. T just has to chase your scout probe out and then park his marine at the bottom of the ramp and you'll never see the tech lab.

The 20 and 22 food expansions are safe-ish, but require a ton of probe cutting, so the earlier nexus isn't as economical as it seems.


An ebay block is rare and not really a problem. You simply quee the zealot and if they block you can let the zealot finish. Not many terran builds can easily ebay block though so it will happen in very few cases, especially as queeing up a zealot won't really give them a clue that your about to expand that fast.
1 rax techlab first marauder pressure is not too much of a problem imo in the current map pool, just try to prevent an early bunker from getting up and kill the pressure with your first warp in round. Ofcourse 20 nexus expanding is not so great on maps like xel naga or close air metalopolis but any other map i vastly prefer it over zealot first into nexus.
It simply makes more sense to get nexus and 2nd+3rd gateway faster, by the time most pushes come you'll have exactly the same amount of units but your nexus was up much faster. Except proxies I don't see how terran can break 20 nexus on most of the current map pool.
On the smaller maps zealot first into potential poking is fine but I'd rather play quick robo then.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
November 18 2011 18:20 GMT
#109
On November 19 2011 02:19 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 00:43 QTIP. wrote:
On November 18 2011 23:41 kcdc wrote:
On November 18 2011 12:32 QTIP. wrote:
At what point due you decide to get a Robo if you you don't see a 2nd rax go down, but know that they are collecting gas?

In other words, at what point do you get the Robo when you don't know if 2-rax is going to hit you, or Cloaked banshee is going to hit you?


I do try to get as much scouting info as I can. You don't see it in that replay because I knew he was going reactor 2-rax, but I'm active with my scouting probe after it's forced out by the marine. I'll move around below the ramp trying to get a marine count and to see if there's a marauder or a bunker, I hold a watch tower to see if there's an early push coming, and I'll move the watch tower probe up to his natural to see if he's expanding or leaving his base.

Long story short, I try to get as much information as I can (including what would make sense from T given the map and positions), and then I play it by feel after 30 food.

If I feel comfortable that T is going for a quick expansion, I might take a robo and a gas after my first 2 gates to rush colossi and upgrades. If I'm not sure at all what he's doing, I'll get the third gate and then the robo early enough to get an obs for cloaked banshees. I think you need to start the robo by like 6:30 at the latest to deal with cloak, and by that time, any normal bio push should have been seen by your scout probe at the tower or T's nat.

Also, you can defend bio pushes with 2 gate robo, but you need to constantly produce units out of those gates, which people rarely do.


Yeah, I knew from your replay that you wouldn't have to worry about cloaked banshee unless PokeBunny went super tricky and cancelled the 2nd rax.

Though I'm not quite good enough to play PokeBunny, many Terrans I play will wall off with 3 Supply depots (with a bunker behind), or 2 Depots with a bunker. Marauders are kept in the back and the Marines in the bunker give the illusion of a tech-based build. However, they simply salvage the bunker move out with a 2-rax timing and can punish 1 Gate FE's that add a Robo too quickly.

Of course, others will have that bunker because they are actually teching to Banshee, and producing an early Robo would be the correct choice.

It turns into a guessing game here, and I suppose there is no guaranteed way to make the correct choice, but instead you must play the probabilities based on persistent scouting.


When does 2-rax leave T's base? 5:30ish? These are things I should probably know, but like I said, I really play this MU by feel after my opening which probably isn't for the best.

Anyway, if it's 5:30, then you can sac a probe up T's ramp at 5:40, and if there's no push coming, you can reactively take an early robo.

I remember losing once to a Terran that took no gas for my scout probe, bunkered his natural to fake no-gas expand, and then proxied 2-port cloaked banshees, so there are ways to metagame anything P can do, but this opening seems to work well against the normal stuff.


Yeah - that's what I figured. I have no problem playing the probabilities, I'm just looking for any edge I can get.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Fairwell
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria195 Posts
November 18 2011 18:48 GMT
#110
On November 19 2011 02:19 kcdc wrote:
I remember losing once to a Terran that took no gas for my scout probe, bunkered his natural to fake no-gas expand, and then proxied 2-port cloaked banshees, so there are ways to metagame anything P can do, but this opening seems to work well against the normal stuff.


On the last day of the groupstages in NASL2 TLO did this vs TT1 in game3 on Antiga Shipyard. Things like these can always happen, but it's kinda rare. However, no matter which 1gate fe version you choose, this issue remains.
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
November 18 2011 18:56 GMT
#111
On November 19 2011 03:48 Fairwell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 02:19 kcdc wrote:
I remember losing once to a Terran that took no gas for my scout probe, bunkered his natural to fake no-gas expand, and then proxied 2-port cloaked banshees, so there are ways to metagame anything P can do, but this opening seems to work well against the normal stuff.


On the last day of the groupstages in NASL2 TLO did this vs TT1 in game3 on Antiga Shipyard. Things like these can always happen, but it's kinda rare. However, no matter which 1gate fe version you choose, this issue remains.


Yeah, I think I delayed robo that game for double upgrades or something. If a build is 100% safe against every possible opening (2-gate robo with fast obs before expansion), it's probably not greedy enough to keep up into mid-game.
ZikO
Profile Joined April 2006
United Kingdom27 Posts
November 18 2011 19:37 GMT
#112
kcdc,

Thanks for sharing with this build it's awesome appart from one situation: Marine rush.

I am in a Bronze league. I've played recently against a Terran who pushed at 5th minute. He learned his BO very well executing it in every game. I looked at his Match History and every game he won the game did not last more than 6 min. I am sure he repeates this in every match.

Basically, the thing is he comes with 7 marines. At about 5:15 he's at natural when position is close on big maps. Others Marines (usually three due to 3 rax) are on the way. At that time we can have only 1Z 1St 1S exewcuting this build. I don't think it can be held with this build or any other if C.C is after GW. What do you think?
Thanks
matrius
Profile Joined February 2011
100 Posts
November 18 2011 20:11 GMT
#113
I just tested this in the unit trainer, I can win that battle while only losing my zealot, or zealot and sentry, and I don't have to do any stutter step for it either. If you keep the stalker alive, you can then do stutter step micro and whittle down their marines without taking damage, just make sure to keep your stalker alive and you'll be fine. Your reinforcements will help more than his will, 3 stalkers with some micro can really put the hurt on marines not inside a bunker. And you don't mind if your exp nexus take a few hits, its got like 1500hp or something....

On November 19 2011 04:37 ZikO wrote:
kcdc,

Thanks for sharing with this build it's awesome appart from one situation: Marine rush.

I am in a Bronze league. I've played recently against a Terran who pushed at 5th minute. He learned his BO very well executing it in every game. I looked at his Match History and every game he won the game did not last more than 6 min. I am sure he repeates this in every match.

Basically, the thing is he comes with 7 marines. At about 5:15 he's at natural when position is close on big maps. Others Marines (usually three due to 3 rax) are on the way. At that time we can have only 1Z 1St 1S exewcuting this build. I don't think it can be held with this build or any other if C.C is after GW. What do you think?
Thanks

matrius
Profile Joined February 2011
100 Posts
November 18 2011 20:13 GMT
#114
Thanks a lot kcdc, this has changed my whole matchup now!! The only thing I think I'm really going to have to keep in mind is a robo bay at 5:30 for banshees if I don't see marauders - I wish SC2 showed a time in game!

Thanks again!
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
November 18 2011 20:17 GMT
#115
On November 19 2011 04:37 ZikO wrote:
kcdc,

Thanks for sharing with this build it's awesome appart from one situation: Marine rush.

I am in a Bronze league. I've played recently against a Terran who pushed at 5th minute. He learned his BO very well executing it in every game. I looked at his Match History and every game he won the game did not last more than 6 min. I am sure he repeates this in every match.

Basically, the thing is he comes with 7 marines. At about 5:15 he's at natural when position is close on big maps. Others Marines (usually three due to 3 rax) are on the way. At that time we can have only 1Z 1St 1S exewcuting this build. I don't think it can be held with this build or any other if C.C is after GW. What do you think?
Thanks


There's a high master/GM Terran with ID Matty that does a marine+SCV timing (I'd call it an all-in, but he leaves a MULE) quite often. My advice is pretty simple: don't expand against cheese.

If T goes for a fast 2-rax without gas, you need to respond.
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
November 18 2011 20:20 GMT
#116
On November 19 2011 05:13 matrius wrote:
Thanks a lot kcdc, this has changed my whole matchup now!! The only thing I think I'm really going to have to keep in mind is a robo bay at 5:30 for banshees if I don't see marauders - I wish SC2 showed a time in game!

Thanks again!


And do I ever have a treat for you: I've enabled an in-game clock that you can toggle on in your SC2 menu options! Other players may get jealous, so don't tell!
CaptainHaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States240 Posts
November 18 2011 20:23 GMT
#117
On November 19 2011 05:20 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 05:13 matrius wrote:
Thanks a lot kcdc, this has changed my whole matchup now!! The only thing I think I'm really going to have to keep in mind is a robo bay at 5:30 for banshees if I don't see marauders - I wish SC2 showed a time in game!

Thanks again!


And do I ever have a treat for you: I've enabled an in-game clock that you can toggle on in your SC2 menu options! Other players may get jealous, so don't tell!

wtf, they have that?
All of us warned you of the big white face.
freetgy
Profile Joined November 2010
1720 Posts
November 18 2011 20:37 GMT
#118
On November 19 2011 05:17 kcdc wrote:

There's a high master/GM Terran with ID Matty that does a marine+SCV timing (I'd call it an all-in, but he leaves a MULE) quite often. My advice is pretty simple: don't expand against cheese.

If T goes for a fast 2-rax without gas, you need to respond.


how are you scouting that cheese? with a 1 gate expo build.
Fairwell
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria195 Posts
November 18 2011 21:40 GMT
#119
On November 19 2011 05:23 CaptainHaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 05:20 kcdc wrote:
On November 19 2011 05:13 matrius wrote:
Thanks a lot kcdc, this has changed my whole matchup now!! The only thing I think I'm really going to have to keep in mind is a robo bay at 5:30 for banshees if I don't see marauders - I wish SC2 showed a time in game!

Thanks again!


And do I ever have a treat for you: I've enabled an in-game clock that you can toggle on in your SC2 menu options! Other players may get jealous, so don't tell!

wtf, they have that?


Blizzard patched this option into the game several months ago already, I'm quite surprised people still don't know this.
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
November 22 2011 18:46 GMT
#120
just how do you get the nexus down to 4:25!? ive been following the build exactly up to that point but i always seem to get my nexus between 4:30 and 4:35 (2 chrono on nexus) but in your replay it goes down at 4:25, the only thing i can think of is maybe the probe split and keeping probes on close patches, but i dont see anything else that would make a difference, just how much of a difference does that close patch mining mineral trick make
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 642
ComeBackTV 605
SteadfastSC412
Rex103
CosmosSc2 50
EnkiAlexander 35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 412
ProTech127
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43682
Jaedong 1363
Hyuk 1214
Mini 640
Soma 513
Horang2 501
BeSt 484
Larva 313
Rush 306
Soulkey 300
[ Show more ]
ZerO 276
Last 203
Snow 201
hero 87
Mind 57
Liquid`Ret 50
sorry 40
Free 39
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 24
Terrorterran 22
yabsab 21
Rock 21
Shine 19
HiyA 16
Trap 16
Dota 2
Gorgc8135
qojqva1438
Dendi857
Counter-Strike
Fnx 893
x6flipin520
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2779
Khaldor1944
Liquid`Hasu68
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2782
singsing1806
B2W.Neo989
hiko758
byalli441
KnowMe144
QueenE86
Mew2King75
Trikslyr39
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)15
Chillindude6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 6
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2937
League of Legends
• Nemesis2004
• Jankos1078
• TFBlade670
Other Games
• Shiphtur321
• WagamamaTV243
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 46m
OSC
20h 46m
Stellar Fest
20h 46m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.