• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:24
CEST 07:24
KST 14:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7339 users

[G] Darkgrid Layout - Page 31

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 All
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
August 02 2013 14:42 GMT
#601
I'm definitely going to give this a shot.... I have been using standard hotkeys since 2010 but I have always wanted to try a grid that will help me be quicker and have better control with base cams....
Ruiner
Profile Joined January 2011
United States14 Posts
August 07 2014 21:21 GMT
#602
can any of this be edited? because i have a Portuguese key board and where your "~" is I have "<"
*Sigh*
ghoultek
Profile Joined March 2015
United States7 Posts
March 23 2015 00:40 GMT
#603
I've downloaded the files but which file should I be using?... the 1-3c file or one of the "mouseless" files? I have WoL but not HotS.
Learn the rules, Play the game, Play to win.
JeosAdn
Profile Joined September 2011
Costa Rica432 Posts
July 17 2015 03:52 GMT
#604
Is anyone working to update this for LotV? If not, I'll go ahead give it a try. What I don't have a clue about is how to handle the new "add to group while removing from previous group" modifier.
JeosAdn
Profile Joined September 2011
Costa Rica432 Posts
July 18 2015 05:24 GMT
#605
In the end I went and did it myself.

I bound the traditional create group command to alt only, and the create+remove to ctrl.

Another nice thing in this version of DarkGrid is that I resolved all the conflicts that happened with the campaign units. When a conflict occurred, I preserved the MP keybinding and moved the campaign-only keybinding to a different spot. I haven't gone through the campaigns recently, so this may be a bit buggy, but it's nice to be able to play with only one set of keybindings.

When lotv releases, I'll update this with the keybindings for that campaign too.

(Note: Loading this file in HotS will remove all the lotv-exclusive keybindings)

Dropbox download
Wooplin
Profile Joined September 2015
1 Post
September 13 2015 22:30 GMT
#606
Ty JeosAdn
ncreaved
Profile Joined October 2016
1 Post
October 14 2016 16:04 GMT
#607
Hi,
I've updated the keybindings for lotv and also moved the outermost keys.

drive.google.com
ChicagoMedic
Profile Joined September 2016
United States1 Post
October 22 2016 13:40 GMT
#608
^ thank you sir. just going to try this out and i'm glad you shared your updates for lotv.
bobp
Profile Joined November 2018
1 Post
November 25 2018 06:06 GMT
#609
anyone have an updated key map for lotv?
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
November 25 2018 07:02 GMT
#610
Hi I looked in this project in 2016 as I was fascinated by custom hotkeys setups. I was looking after nice tips I would have missed… I remember that the amount command positions with the group layout surround was not enough to cover for all Zerg unit (to produce out of larvae if I remember well… I'm not sure anymore)

I wander whether somebody keeps using an updated version of this .SC2Hotkeys project, it would be really cool

If nobody else answers, you may consider TheCore Lite, which I maintain since then, you can check my signature. I think you will find a set of features that cover most of Dark Grid advantages and more, with a different group/cam layout. It comes with a README document that explains the design choices:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/blob/master/README.md
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
Reevou
Profile Joined May 2015
23 Posts
November 30 2018 19:26 GMT
#611
I started with this but I've customized it a lot to fit my style of playing.Here's link if there's anyone willing to try it out
Darkgrid layout ala Revo
Main changes that I've made to fit me are:
1) Switched A back to attack command because I play other games and it didn't feel natural playing other games with A as attack and Q in SC2. Also Q is now for patrolling, should make it easier to use for patrol splitting as terran.
2) I've most likely downloaded an outdated version because it had townhalls and supply providers as different hotkeys varying between races. It should be fixed now.
3) Banshee cloak and decloak back to C because it felt more natural and besides C was meant to be used as miscellanous ability and it just felt silly to have it rebinded elsewhere.
4) My version had ctrl group numbers messed up pretty badly so I set them to numerical order from 1 to 5 to actually match it on my keyboard so that when I bind ctrl group 1 also looks the same on screen.

I haven't done anything to create and steal hotkeys because I don't use but the pattern is visible how to create them if one would wish to use them. I personally find it hard to manage to 4+ camera hotkeys so 8th camera camerahotkey isn't to be taken seriously. Also if someone wishes to use rapid fire look it up since I haven't used it just in case so it's not setup poorly.
I'll gladly clarify if some questions arise.
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
December 01 2018 07:09 GMT
#612
\o/ dark grid is still used \o/
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
alpenrahm
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany629 Posts
December 02 2018 08:13 GMT
#613
all the hardcore hotkey layout dudes are using the core anyway rite?
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
December 02 2018 09:49 GMT
#614
Most of the hardcore hotkey layout dudes I would temperated

There is some merit in maintaining some "hotkeydiversity"… all those old projects are all fascinating and it's a joy for me to read those guys that dig out those old thread
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
fouad2002
Profile Joined December 2018
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-12-23 13:18:56
December 23 2018 13:18 GMT
#615
--- Nuked ---
thenanox
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain73 Posts
June 01 2025 21:13 GMT
#616
i know this is probably not enough of a good reason to resurrect this, but i wanted to put my 2 cents in here for history. i started using this the moment it came up in 2011. that is 14 years guys. that is a lot of time getting attached to a layout and this was the way i decided to enjoy this game during so much time.

i just wanted to thank @FoxyMaihem for this, as sometimes there are people that do things for the community, and maybe dont know how important they could be.

i recently started moving into thecore lite. ive been out of sc2 during a couple of years, is the first time i disconnected that much, so i felt that is was a good time to try. thankyou to @bobo38 for letting me know the name of this layout, as i did lost the bookmark.

also as an small contribution, i uploaded the version ive been using updated to LOTV (probably not the best, but it works

https://mega.nz/file/y5EEWJjZ#GrfE4Wblr-W26oT_0QonVLrBMCmn2nBDA9fMocJf8cE
Prev 1 29 30 31 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1267
910 103
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 67
Bale 36
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto21
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King358
Other Games
summit1g7255
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft371
PiGStarcraft245
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm148
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2154
League of Legends
• Lourlo1156
• Rush1052
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 36m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.