• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:37
CEST 07:37
KST 14:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7109 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 115

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 117 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
heha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia425 Posts
January 12 2012 01:39 GMT
#2281
Haha, just browsing through the race "help me" threads, and it looks like terran got neglected by blue posters xD

OT: I'm having issues with Protoss at a mid/high masters level. What's a good ratio of Vikings:Colossi and Ghosts: Templar/Archon? Also, what would you cap SCVs at? I have other issues with the matchup, but these are the biggest questions plaguing me for now.
Random for life! phoneheha
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:58:41
January 12 2012 01:58 GMT
#2282
On January 12 2012 10:39 heha wrote:
Haha, just browsing through the race "help me" threads, and it looks like terran got neglected by blue posters xD

OT: I'm having issues with Protoss at a mid/high masters level. What's a good ratio of Vikings:Colossi and Ghosts: Templar/Archon? Also, what would you cap SCVs at? I have other issues with the matchup, but these are the biggest questions plaguing me for now.


;_; don't worry they stop by occasionally

2.5 vikings per colossus is what you want. I'd make a 2nd starport against a colossus-heavy opponent to rebuild vikings appropriately. get +1 air weaps etc from your armory as well.

Try to just have lots of ghosts in your maxed army-- 8-10 is appropriate if you're bad at EMPs like I am, but i've seen more. EMPs are also good against regular gateway units and immortals.

Cap scvs at 70-75-- if you want more economy after that, add orbitals for bonus mules.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
heha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia425 Posts
January 12 2012 02:27 GMT
#2283
Mm yeah, I generally get a second reactor port and +1 air weps, and start to get ghost heavy, around 6/8ish. The issue is that my ground army just feels so weak and gets crushed by his ground army. Not sure if it's because I spend too much time kiting and not enough time remaxing, or if I'm simply making too many SCVs, will have to check some replays later. Thanks blazing
Random for life! phoneheha
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 12 2012 02:39 GMT
#2284
On January 12 2012 11:27 heha wrote:
Mm yeah, I generally get a second reactor port and +1 air weps, and start to get ghost heavy, around 6/8ish. The issue is that my ground army just feels so weak and gets crushed by his ground army. Not sure if it's because I spend too much time kiting and not enough time remaxing, or if I'm simply making too many SCVs, will have to check some replays later. Thanks blazing


Upgrades and what you hit with your EMPs also play a factor. Concaves and chokes can determine close figjts as well.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
January 12 2012 11:06 GMT
#2285
What is the maximum amount of workers in all three match-ups?
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
January 12 2012 11:09 GMT
#2286
On January 12 2012 20:06 saaaa wrote:
What is the maximum amount of workers in all three match-ups?

80 on X (usually 4 or 5) bases is probably the optimal but if reach max supply you might want to go down to 70 and then if its still not enough army then 60 then 50 then 40.
That's why orbitals are so good and essential in the game.
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
January 12 2012 19:42 GMT
#2287
So, in TvP have been experimenting a bit with with doing a 1 racks reactor expand instead of the common 1racks expand. It will delay the expansion about 20 seconds but you will have more marines to defend it with.
I am not at all sure it is a good build yet (I understand it is not as optimal as a 1racks expand) but do you think it can make the p respond in a worse way or will they 1gate expand anyway?
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 12 2012 19:56 GMT
#2288
On January 13 2012 04:42 Mowr wrote:
So, in TvP have been experimenting a bit with with doing a 1 racks reactor expand instead of the common 1racks expand. It will delay the expansion about 20 seconds but you will have more marines to defend it with.
I am not at all sure it is a good build yet (I understand it is not as optimal as a 1racks expand) but do you think it can make the p respond in a worse way or will they 1gate expand anyway?


P will probably get an earlier robo against any fast-expand build that takes a gas. He won't know you're not 1-1-1ing until you fly out your CC. You won't have to worry about 4 gate pressure out of a 1 gate FE-- but he'll still 1 gate FE.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Wronchi
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2 Posts
January 12 2012 20:05 GMT
#2289
I have a question for TvP on Antiga Shipyard.

When 1 rax expanding/1 rax double-expanding, where do I want my bunkers? Do I want them at the ramp of the natural expansion or do I want them close the the Orbital to decrease the distance between repairing SCVS/reinforcements?

Also in a similar situation -- when do I want to scout IN GENERAL in TvP when early expanding? I'm scarred by early pressure and I was just wondering if there was a general consensus on a standard worker scout timing.

Thanks!
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 12 2012 20:32 GMT
#2290
On January 13 2012 05:05 Wronchi wrote:
I have a question for TvP on Antiga Shipyard.

When 1 rax expanding/1 rax double-expanding, where do I want my bunkers? Do I want them at the ramp of the natural expansion or do I want them close the the Orbital to decrease the distance between repairing SCVS/reinforcements?

Also in a similar situation -- when do I want to scout IN GENERAL in TvP when early expanding? I'm scarred by early pressure and I was just wondering if there was a general consensus on a standard worker scout timing.

Thanks!


Build bunkers at the ramp; it mitigates his ability to concave. If you are worried about repair time have an scv out front to spot.

I scout on 13 since the scout denying units come out slowfor protoss
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
January 12 2012 20:33 GMT
#2291
On January 13 2012 05:05 Wronchi wrote:
I have a question for TvP on Antiga Shipyard.

When 1 rax expanding/1 rax double-expanding, where do I want my bunkers? Do I want them at the ramp of the natural expansion or do I want them close the the Orbital to decrease the distance between repairing SCVS/reinforcements?

Also in a similar situation -- when do I want to scout IN GENERAL in TvP when early expanding? I'm scarred by early pressure and I was just wondering if there was a general consensus on a standard worker scout timing.

Thanks!

Close to the ramp, otherwise you won't be able to deal with some Protoss all-ins because he will have too much surface. 14 scout with that SCV closing the wall but not finishing the Supply Depot (optional, but this way your opponent won't know for sure if you took gas or not). Get the SCV out of the Protoss base before ~4'10, that's a common time for the Stalker getting out of the Gateway. Hide it somewhere not obvious (it's the hard part, some Protoss are really good at hunting SCVs this way), and sneak it back around the 6' mark or as soon as you see the Stalker poking your ramp. If there's no expand yet, try to go up the ramp using mineral walk (important) and see what's there.
LARRY88
Profile Joined July 2011
United States11 Posts
January 12 2012 21:48 GMT
#2292
Hi guys, I need advice on some powerful openers/micro.
I prefer a bio build over mech (most of the time). However, I feel that just pumping out marines all game gets boring...I don't normally go tanks either because I find them very situational and I could use the gas for quicker air depending on what the other player is doing. I find tanks situational because of the seige time and placement. Take TvZ for example: if I keep the tanks behind my bio, banelings/roaches/infestors kill my bio really fast and then the zerglings make easy work of the tanks. If I put them in FRONT, they take baneling damage well, but the zerglings easily overrun them while seiging unless I get lucky. Even then, they will start attacking them doing splash damage to themselves.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 12 2012 22:00 GMT
#2293
Okay, so I randomly want to put out this build to people for TvZ. I don't think it's a low level strat for end all win all, as it requires a lot of multitasking, and scouting + reaction info. Like, being able to hold off a roach rush with reapers, hellions, and scvs and a wall as you get marauders out etc. It's very enjoyable when you execute any harassment with the reapers/hellions from the speed of both.

It's a basic reaper FE, so to speak, that goes into 1-1-1 style, but with two additional raxes tacked on while you poke and pressure.

I'll post the reps I can find of it, and a skeleton BO.

10 Depot
12 Barracks (scout with this SCV)
12 Refinery
14 OC
14 Tech lab
15 Reaper
17 CC at natural
18 Depot
19 Reaper
19 Refinery (after 2nd is done, take one from each, 2 in both gas)
(Small supply block with SCV cut for a second)
19 Factory
20 Reaper
21 Barracks
21 Barracks
(no longer cut scvs)
22 Reaper
23 OC
23 Hellion
23 Nitro Packs
25 Starport

From here, you have 1 tech lab rax making reapers only and nitro packs. 2 naked barracks, 1 naked factory, and a naked starport. 2 gas only, and we put the 3rd back in on both after starport was finished.
I poke with the medic, and usually have 5 reapers, 2 hellions, 6 marines, 1 marauder. Once I move out, I get double reactors on my two naked barracks, and a tech lab on my factory.... as well as start an incredibly aggressive early third before 9-10 minute mark.

The main issue with this is it's so aggressive and micro oriented in the early game, that you are a bit behind. Most times by the 9 minute mark I'm down 10 workers/supply, as it's all in workers. The beauty is how you basically take away an early third, and then force roaches. If they don't roach, they have to make a SHIT ton of zerglings to deal with the zergling raping army of hellion reaper marine. You elevator marine/hellion, as reapers cliff abuse and join in. I go for both in the main, when they react, reapers out the side and marine hellion delay and pick up, back off as the reapers poke the expo. If they go 2 base queen/spine for defense, into 2 base fast muta, they just lost to your elevator. Their ling spam CANNOT take down microed reapers/hellions with a medic.

Random examples.
http://drop.sc/89854# Against low masters friend.
http://drop.sc/89856 Random ladder game against a smurf

Lemme know if anyone likes it, lol. I'll put together a more formal write up and post it here, with better replays against the people I use it against on ladder.

It's so sex.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-13 08:59:04
January 13 2012 08:58 GMT
#2294
Now this might be a little bit of a challenge for people. A very easy TvP, the title to Day9's latest TvP lecture. He explains some stuff which is quite logical and comprehensible. The problem arises when I want to try and copy the opening build order, I just can't understand how EmpireKas does it. Is there anyone who can (only serious people, no guessing and stuff) discover what the real build order is he used?

http://day9.tv/d9d399/

GLHF
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-13 10:22:20
January 13 2012 10:16 GMT
#2295
On January 13 2012 17:58 KenDM wrote:
Now this might be a little bit of a challenge for people. A very easy TvP, the title to Day9's latest TvP lecture. He explains some stuff which is quite logical and comprehensible. The problem arises when I want to try and copy the opening build order, I just can't understand how EmpireKas does it. Is there anyone who can (only serious people, no guessing and stuff) discover what the real build order is he used?

http://day9.tv/d9d399/

GLHF


Tracked down the actual replay for you Ken

http://www.sc2replays.eu/show-replay-14300-0-mouzmana_p_-vs-empirekas_t.html

Personally I think a triple CC build off 1 rax is a bit too far on the risky side to be called easy. If you've got more questions after checking the replay do say though =)
MiraculiX
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway22 Posts
January 13 2012 10:45 GMT
#2296
I don't think that episode of the Daily is of any use at all. I mean, when i 1rax expo on the ladder a lot of tosses will perform a 1base all-in or at least heavy pressure. And i don't see how you can hold anything with this build. Voidray-all-in? 6-gate? 3gate Robo?
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
January 13 2012 12:20 GMT
#2297
On January 13 2012 19:45 MiraculiX wrote:
I don't think that episode of the Daily is of any use at all. I mean, when i 1rax expo on the ladder a lot of tosses will perform a 1base all-in or at least heavy pressure. And i don't see how you can hold anything with this build. Voidray-all-in? 6-gate? 3gate Robo?


That's exactly what I thought and someone even asked DayJ about a 4Gate and he responded that: You need beast reaction times, that's the only way to stop 4Gates.
MiraculiX
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway22 Posts
January 13 2012 12:29 GMT
#2298
Then i don't see how this is an easy build/stategy. It's eco-cheese in my eyes and should be done with that in mind.
M4nkind
Profile Joined December 2011
Lithuania178 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-13 14:15:09
January 13 2012 14:14 GMT
#2299
I watched some streams of pros paying andd I have question

Normaly I myself have to select scv > press build something > rally to minerals, but pros when I watch their vods just build stuff and scvs seems to return to minerals on themselves. How do they do that? Or are they just so insanely fast on pressing on minerals?

And most of the time they snipe so insanely fast, do they just hold snipe button and spam m1?
Read my epic book, people: http://www.wattpad.com/story/23976849-the-business-of-time-travel
dmg7
Profile Joined June 2011
101 Posts
January 13 2012 14:32 GMT
#2300
On January 13 2012 23:14 M4nkind wrote:
I watched some streams of pros paying andd I have question

Normaly I myself have to select scv > press build something > rally to minerals, but pros when I watch their vods just build stuff and scvs seems to return to minerals on themselves. How do they do that? Or are they just so insanely fast on pressing on minerals?

And most of the time they snipe so insanely fast, do they just hold snipe button and spam m1?


so when you select a scv to build a barracks, (click B,B) you then hold the shift key and right click on a mineral patch, that way once the scv has built the building it will go to the mineral patch instantly.
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 117 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4222
Rain 1793
GuemChi 561
FanTaSy 376
sSak 47
Bale 43
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
Fuzer 44
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1149
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King271
Other Games
summit1g8275
WinterStarcraft643
C9.Mang0169
KnowMe9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick761
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2153
League of Legends
• Lourlo1434
• Rush1011
• Stunt461
Other Games
• Shiphtur654
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 23m
INu's Battles
5h 23m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 23m
OSC
16h 38m
Replay Cast
17h 23m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.