• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8551 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 114

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
hersenen
Profile Joined November 2011
Belize176 Posts
January 11 2012 15:14 GMT
#2261
Hello, in my games I ususally am either floating a ton of gas or starved for gas so my quesiton is:

How much does 1 refinery support given its fully saturated? Is there a rule of thumb I can use like: 1 refinery supports constant siege tank production from 1 factory or constant double viking from reactored starport or 3rax constantly producing marauders? Does anyone have a list of what you can support per 1 refinery (provided constant production)?? Thanks a bunch.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 11 2012 15:49 GMT
#2262
All in know, 1 rafinery support 1 factory constant tank.
1 rafinery is often enough to produce marauder from two techlab rax.
3 gas is a good setup to start medivac production in TvP too.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
dmg7
Profile Joined June 2011
101 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 15:54:20
January 11 2012 15:53 GMT
#2263
On January 12 2012 00:14 hersenen wrote:
Hello, in my games I ususally am either floating a ton of gas or starved for gas so my quesiton is:

How much does 1 refinery support given its fully saturated? Is there a rule of thumb I can use like: 1 refinery supports constant siege tank production from 1 factory or constant double viking from reactored starport or 3rax constantly producing marauders? Does anyone have a list of what you can support per 1 refinery (provided constant production)?? Thanks a bunch.


Hi hersenen, it's quite a tricky thing because it's not just production facilities, but add-ons, engi bay upgrades etc.

As a rule on 1 gas you can produce of 3rax (2 react., 1 tech lab) and can upgrade all bio upgrades. 2 gas you can add factories and starports and begin semi decent production of medivacs and tanks, however, you can support standard composition (in TvT and TvZ) of 3 rax(2 rct, tl) a factory (tl) a starport (rct) and upgrading engi bays w/ armory on 4 gas and you shouldn't ever float too much.

One of the things I find is that if I'm going very bio heavy w/ fast upgrades then I will get 2 refineries in the early stages but put 2 workers in each refinery as opposed to 3, then when I add a reactored starport I will begin to put 3 in each refinery.

If you float gas make sure you are getting you're upgrades, in tvt and tvz you can add an extra factory and produce more tanks, basically tech units are gas intensive not mineral intensive and so if you find you are floating too much gas invest into more tech.
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
January 11 2012 15:57 GMT
#2264
Hey fellow Terrans. I played a peculiar Marine Tank T v T in which my opponent started getting cloaked ghosts to nuke my siege line, as well as my expos. I followed up with ravens but realised that their detection range was simply too limited. Any advice should I ever encounter late game ghosts in T v T again?
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 15:58:16
January 11 2012 15:57 GMT
#2265
On January 12 2012 00:14 hersenen wrote:
Hello, in my games I ususally am either floating a ton of gas or starved for gas so my quesiton is:

How much does 1 refinery support given its fully saturated? Is there a rule of thumb I can use like: 1 refinery supports constant siege tank production from 1 factory or constant double viking from reactored starport or 3rax constantly producing marauders? Does anyone have a list of what you can support per 1 refinery (provided constant production)?? Thanks a bunch.

One fully saturated Refinery provides ~114 gas per minut.
Constant Tank production drains 166 gas per minut.
Constant Marauder production on a Barracks drains 50 gas per minut.
Constant Viking production on a Reactor Starport drains 214 gas per minut.
Constant Medivac production on a Reactor Starport drains 285 gas per minut.

On January 12 2012 00:57 ThaSlayer wrote:
Hey fellow Terrans. I played a peculiar Marine Tank T v T in which my opponent started getting cloaked ghosts to nuke my siege line, as well as my expos. I followed up with ravens but realised that their detection range was simply too limited. Any advice should I ever encounter late game ghosts in T v T again?

Use scans by late game.
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
January 11 2012 16:01 GMT
#2266
Another question, if protoss opens robo expand instead of 1 gate fe, do I proceed to pressure him with 12-15 marines after a 1 rax fe into a 4 rax follow up? Or do I macro up in my base?
dmg7
Profile Joined June 2011
101 Posts
January 11 2012 16:28 GMT
#2267
On January 12 2012 01:01 ThaSlayer wrote:
Another question, if protoss opens robo expand instead of 1 gate fe, do I proceed to pressure him with 12-15 marines after a 1 rax fe into a 4 rax follow up? Or do I macro up in my base?


Post a replay slayer, hard to visualise or know, it really depends on units he gets, corner he cuts etc. if they go robo expand you are less obliged to do any damage or pressure as you have an economical advantage over them.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 21:06:23
January 11 2012 20:52 GMT
#2268
what is the best response after i holding off a 6pool? ( with best i mean the hardest for the zerg)

i do the following at the moment:

- 1 Rax FE into 4 Rax+Ebay+Starport with a Double MediVac Drop with all +1 Attack, Stim, Combat

maybe i just throw down only rax and attack him i dont know exactly


and another problem i have is when should i add thors and ghosts? i there any key timing?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 11 2012 21:01 GMT
#2269
On January 12 2012 05:52 saaaa wrote:
what is the best response after i holding off a 6pool? ( with best i mean the hardest for the zerg)

i do the following at the moment:

- 1 Rax FE into 4 Rax+Ebay+Starport with a Double MediVac Drop with all +1 Attack, Stim, Combat

maybe i just throw down only rax and attack him i dont know exactly


Assuming you didn't lose anything, you just want to start pressuring him ASAP while taking your own natural. I'd just execute a standard reactor hellion expand, make like 6 hellions, and make life at his natural hell. Transition to marine/tank as normal and there should be nothing he can do to stop you.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 21:08:55
January 11 2012 21:08 GMT
#2270
On January 12 2012 05:52 saaaa wrote:

and another problem i have is when should i add thors and ghosts? i there any key timing?



sry i just added this .. :/

in fact, i dont should wait until the 10min mark with my push (at this time the drop normally occurs) ?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 11 2012 21:10 GMT
#2271
On January 12 2012 06:08 saaaa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 05:52 saaaa wrote:

and another problem i have is when should i add thors and ghosts? i there any key timing?



sry i just added this .. :/

in fact, i dont should wait until the 10min mark with my push (at this time the drop normally occurs) ?


I add a thor if I see my opponent making a lot of mutalisks, to prevent them from stacking up and sniping tanks. I'll have upwards of 4 in a late game army, but usually just 1 or 2 is fine to prevent mutalisk clumping.

I add ghosts as I start to get maxed against a zerg with access to hive tech, OR against a zerg player who's using infestors.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
January 11 2012 21:28 GMT
#2272
On January 12 2012 06:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 06:08 saaaa wrote:
On January 12 2012 05:52 saaaa wrote:

and another problem i have is when should i add thors and ghosts? i there any key timing?



sry i just added this .. :/

in fact, i dont should wait until the 10min mark with my push (at this time the drop normally occurs) ?


I add a thor if I see my opponent making a lot of mutalisks, to prevent them from stacking up and sniping tanks. I'll have upwards of 4 in a late game army, but usually just 1 or 2 is fine to prevent mutalisk clumping.

I add ghosts as I start to get maxed against a zerg with access to hive tech, OR against a zerg player who's using infestors.



should i always 2 thors to my TMM army to babysit the tanks?

i saw that Mvp add most of the time to the ghostac at around 15:00-17:00 min. is this a nice timing to do it?

i mean it's mvp ^^ and +15 ghost are incredible again anything
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 11 2012 21:36 GMT
#2273
On January 12 2012 06:28 saaaa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 06:10 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 12 2012 06:08 saaaa wrote:
On January 12 2012 05:52 saaaa wrote:

and another problem i have is when should i add thors and ghosts? i there any key timing?



sry i just added this .. :/

in fact, i dont should wait until the 10min mark with my push (at this time the drop normally occurs) ?


I add a thor if I see my opponent making a lot of mutalisks, to prevent them from stacking up and sniping tanks. I'll have upwards of 4 in a late game army, but usually just 1 or 2 is fine to prevent mutalisk clumping.

I add ghosts as I start to get maxed against a zerg with access to hive tech, OR against a zerg player who's using infestors.



should i always 2 thors to my TMM army to babysit the tanks?

i saw that Mvp add most of the time to the ghostac at around 15:00-17:00 min. is this a nice timing to do it?

i mean it's mvp ^^ and +15 ghost are incredible again anything


There's no real "timing" for ghosts-- it depends how the game has gone. Get ghosts if your proponent has Infestors or Brood Lords, otherwise you don't need them.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Knallhexe
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany92 Posts
January 11 2012 22:10 GMT
#2274
Hey guys Started playing after a long time and I got one specific question:

Can someone give me a build order for a cloaked banshee rush in TvT?

I used to rush the 1-1-1 and when the second banshee was out and I was at the enemies base I usually had the cloak done. Really didn't play for quite a big amount of time and probably even forgot the basics.
10 Depot
12 Rax
13 Ref
15 OC
... ? Like, when can I take the second Refinery, Factory and eventually the Starport?

Ty in advance
ThorZaIN ♥
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
January 11 2012 22:28 GMT
#2275
On January 12 2012 07:10 Knallhexe wrote:
Hey guys Started playing after a long time and I got one specific question:

Can someone give me a build order for a cloaked banshee rush in TvT?

I used to rush the 1-1-1 and when the second banshee was out and I was at the enemies base I usually had the cloak done. Really didn't play for quite a big amount of time and probably even forgot the basics.
10 Depot
12 Rax
13 Ref
15 OC
... ? Like, when can I take the second Refinery, Factory and eventually the Starport?

Ty in advance

19 or 20 supply for the second Refinery
Factory as soon as you have 100 gas (should be just after your second Supply Depot is complete)
Starport as soon as Factory is done
Generally Tech Lab on Factory (you may get an Hellion for scouting purposes before Tech Lab)
Swap Starport with Factory,
Cloak
Banshee
Knallhexe
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany92 Posts
January 11 2012 22:52 GMT
#2276
Thank you for the quick answer, gonna test a little in single player I guess
ThorZaIN ♥
halcyOn 2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States69 Posts
January 11 2012 22:52 GMT
#2277
I have recently switched into a Thor/Hellion style for TvZ but my build order leaves me with excess minerals in the early game. I'm not really following a build order I found, but using a slightly modified version of my TvT 1 rax expand into mech. Does anyone have a good mech or Thor/Hellion build order for TvZ? I've looked at Synystyr's build but I'm not sure I like the early double expo that much and I'd rather use a 1 rax opening. Sometimes I do the quick double expo, which still usually works, but I'm just curious if anyone has anything better.

Similarly, anyone have a good mech build order for TvT? Again I often have excess minerals in that matchup, although not as much.
forza milan
Huggerz
Profile Joined May 2011
Great Britain919 Posts
January 11 2012 23:51 GMT
#2278
On January 12 2012 07:52 halcyOn 2 wrote:
I have recently switched into a Thor/Hellion style for TvZ but my build order leaves me with excess minerals in the early game. I'm not really following a build order I found, but using a slightly modified version of my TvT 1 rax expand into mech. Does anyone have a good mech or Thor/Hellion build order for TvZ? I've looked at Synystyr's build but I'm not sure I like the early double expo that much and I'd rather use a 1 rax opening. Sometimes I do the quick double expo, which still usually works, but I'm just curious if anyone has anything better.

Similarly, anyone have a good mech build order for TvT? Again I often have excess minerals in that matchup, although not as much.


12 Racks
13 Refinery
16 Orbital
18 Factory - & Reactor on Racks after 2 marines
Start CC before third depot & hellion production
Tech lab on Racks
After 4 hellions put Factory on tech lab - start blue flame - and start second Factory on reactor
Take second refinery
Armory at next 100 gas -> ideally start +1 attack or +1 armor before Thor
Take both gases at natural around when second Orbital is building and add on Factories / Starport when gas income is good

TvT I suggest opening with reactor hellion expand (far positions) or banshee (close air) or a 111 with marine hellion drop if you see gas first. Marine hellion pressure can do a lot against players who play greedy with early CC or banshee.



“It's like poker. You can play your best, but you've got to know when to fold your cards and take a rest, and know when to hold your cards, hold your breath and hope that nobody else is stacking the deck."
Jazzman88
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada2228 Posts
January 12 2012 00:01 GMT
#2279
I'm recently having a tough time deciding what the correct timings are to push when playing a macro style game against Protoss. I feel if I push too early, I get crushed and simply don't have enough to hold the counterattack, but if I leave it too late, I feel like the Colossus count is way too high to withstand. Is there a better way to control the game without requiring 300 APM of multi-prong drops?
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
January 12 2012 01:25 GMT
#2280
On January 11 2012 18:46 TAAF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2012 14:53 Techno wrote:
What are your guys' general feelings on TvP?


Not that great xD I lose a lot to Protoss
If been using mech sometime against Protoss in customs with a friend.

Btw are you the Techno from the day9 daily who played mech against Toss? *_*

Yup. Still trying it. Its... ok.

Goody wins every game he does with early game harass damage, so you cant learn anything from him. So far what I can tell is not to add tanks until late game. Thors, banshees hellion ghost are your mid game army comp.
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1207
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 280
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54492
Calm 3791
Shuttle 2813
Bisu 1321
FanTaSy 1296
firebathero 389
Stork 275
Hyuk 263
Zeus 252
actioN 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 237
Soma 232
Rush 223
EffOrt 208
Soulkey 145
Last 139
Light 128
ZerO 114
Snow 110
Mong 71
Dewaltoss 66
PianO 64
Pusan 56
Sea.KH 56
Killer 45
JYJ 44
hero 36
Barracks 36
Free 35
Shinee 34
NotJumperer 33
ToSsGirL 31
Yoon 30
Bale 29
Aegong 27
Sharp 22
Shine 20
sorry 20
HiyA 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 18
Noble 16
Dota 2
Gorgc6559
Dendi520
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1441
kRYSTAL_96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko380
Other Games
gofns33593
singsing1743
B2W.Neo660
crisheroes260
DeMusliM225
hiko152
Livibee107
byalli47
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
34m
OSC
9h 49m
Replay Cast
10h 34m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.