• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7082 users

The Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 428

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 426 427 428 429 430 432 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 19:03:59
February 18 2013 17:24 GMT
#8541
So.. how exactly am I supposed to scout in PvZ? I don't get it at all.
I scout fast 3rd hatch.
But Zerg stopped making Drones after 24 and got speed, then killed with me Speedlings because I wanted to go for Stalker pressure. I even scouted for gases after I was done blocking the Natural.

Anyone has any idea how to deal with those fake hatches? Zerg has map control and wins the game every time I go for anything other than Sentries..
I mean, probescouting doesn't really work vs range 5 Queens and Zerglings. But everything else would be too late.. I am really out of ideas on this one.
freizya
Profile Joined October 2012
United States223 Posts
February 18 2013 17:31 GMT
#8542
thats why you kinda need sentries in pvz and pvt to survive early game
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
February 18 2013 18:26 GMT
#8543
On February 19 2013 02:24 rEalGuapo wrote:
So.. how exactly am I supposed to scout in PvZ? I don't get it at all.
I scout fast 3rd hatch.
But Zerg stopped making Drones and got speed, then killed with me Speedlings because I wanted to go for Stalker pressure. I even scouted for gases after I was done blocking the Natural.

Anyone has any idea how to deal with those fake hatches? Zerg has map control and wins the game every time I go for anything other than Sentries..
I mean, probescouting doesn't really work vs range 5 Queens and Zerglings. But everything else would be too late.. I am really out of ideas on this one.


Well, you can always scout again before speed is done. It takes iirc 3 minutes for speed to complete from when they start mining gas. So if at the 2:50 mark if you see no gas (assuming you blocked the hatch at 2:33 for hatch first) then you have until 6 minutes at the earliest to scout before speed. I like to check again with a probe to make sure the third is done if I feel something fishy is up (no scouting lings, or too many scouting lings). Posting a replay is the best way for us to help you
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 18 2013 18:28 GMT
#8544
Additionally, assuming you FFE, you can scout by chronoboosting out 2 zealots, as they will be enough to clean up 4-6 speedlings while a single zealot wouldn't.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
February 18 2013 18:31 GMT
#8545
Rule of thumb for engagements (with micro):

To kill 4 slowlings, you only need one zealot
To kill 4 speedlings, you need a zealot and a probe
To kill >4 lings you need at least 2 zealots
geiko.813 (EU)
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
February 18 2013 19:03 GMT
#8546
On February 19 2013 03:26 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 02:24 rEalGuapo wrote:
So.. how exactly am I supposed to scout in PvZ? I don't get it at all.
I scout fast 3rd hatch.
But Zerg stopped making Drones and got speed, then killed with me Speedlings because I wanted to go for Stalker pressure. I even scouted for gases after I was done blocking the Natural.

Anyone has any idea how to deal with those fake hatches? Zerg has map control and wins the game every time I go for anything other than Sentries..
I mean, probescouting doesn't really work vs range 5 Queens and Zerglings. But everything else would be too late.. I am really out of ideas on this one.


Well, you can always scout again before speed is done. It takes iirc 3 minutes for speed to complete from when they start mining gas. So if at the 2:50 mark if you see no gas (assuming you blocked the hatch at 2:33 for hatch first) then you have until 6 minutes at the earliest to scout before speed. I like to check again with a probe to make sure the third is done if I feel something fishy is up (no scouting lings, or too many scouting lings). Posting a replay is the best way for us to help you



His third was actually done but I think Probescouting should never work against a decent Zerg, he will already have Queens in position to deny any information and Zerglings without speed still hunt them down too fast.

I guess making a Zealot and then 2 Stalkers to pressure might just fix it but I never have enough minerals for that o0.

I don't really like posting replays when I ask for a very specific situation because people will just keep pointing out mistakes I made AFTER I already lost the game. And those mistakes happen for the most part because I don't know what to do in that situation. Also it was a HotS game.

The thing is, if I move out with a Zealot and he kills it with Zerglings that still doesn't say a whole lot, does it? I mean on a somewhat big map he has enough time to make extra Zerglings and I once again have no information what so ever but lose production time that should be spent on Sentries.

That being said, if you still want me to I will gladly post the replay. Maybe that 2 Stalker pressure is just simply designated to die against such an all in...
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 19:14:13
February 18 2013 19:08 GMT
#8547
On February 19 2013 04:03 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 03:26 ZeromuS wrote:
On February 19 2013 02:24 rEalGuapo wrote:
So.. how exactly am I supposed to scout in PvZ? I don't get it at all.
I scout fast 3rd hatch.
But Zerg stopped making Drones and got speed, then killed with me Speedlings because I wanted to go for Stalker pressure. I even scouted for gases after I was done blocking the Natural.

Anyone has any idea how to deal with those fake hatches? Zerg has map control and wins the game every time I go for anything other than Sentries..
I mean, probescouting doesn't really work vs range 5 Queens and Zerglings. But everything else would be too late.. I am really out of ideas on this one.


Well, you can always scout again before speed is done. It takes iirc 3 minutes for speed to complete from when they start mining gas. So if at the 2:50 mark if you see no gas (assuming you blocked the hatch at 2:33 for hatch first) then you have until 6 minutes at the earliest to scout before speed. I like to check again with a probe to make sure the third is done if I feel something fishy is up (no scouting lings, or too many scouting lings). Posting a replay is the best way for us to help you



His third was actually done but I think Probescouting should never work against a decent Zerg, he will already have Queens in position to deny any information and Zerglings without speed still hunt them down too fast.

I guess making a Zealot and then 2 Stalkers to pressure might just fix it but I never have enough minerals for that o0.

I don't really like posting replays when I ask for a very specific situation because people will just keep pointing out mistakes I made AFTER I already lost the game. And those mistakes happen for the most part because I don't know what to do in that situation. Also it was a HotS game.

The thing is, if I move out with a Zealot and he kills it with Zerglings that still doesn't say a whole lot, does it? I mean on a somewhat big map he has enough time to make extra Zerglings and I once again have no information what so ever but lose production time that should be spent on Sentries.

That being said, if you still want me to I will gladly post the replay. Maybe that 2 Stalker pressure is just simply designated to die against such an all in...


I thought you meant they had a third then cancelled the third my mistake And I just think seeing the situation might be helpful from a learning perspective.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 18 2013 19:47 GMT
#8548
Moving out with one zealot isn't very useful for that reason. On the other hand, if you have two and he has enough lings to kill them, you know he's allining.

Also, the two zealots can be used to march across the map; that's a good poke to tell the difference between some 2base bust and a 2base lair build.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
February 20 2013 02:01 GMT
#8549
What 3 maps should I be voting against? Right now I have it on cloud kingdom and daybreak.

I usually do Immortal all in for pVz and 3 stalker rush for PvP and sometimes I'll do a 4 gate. PvT is pretty standard macro game.
probeater
Profile Joined October 2012
124 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 04:01:10
February 20 2013 04:00 GMT
#8550
Newkirk: just like shakuras, third base sucks vs zerg
Condemned:worst map ever
Antiga: personal choice since every zerg goes muta on that map=hard to defend, plus terran drops are a headache

btw, Cloud Kingdom is good for immo all-in so yeah
I have a Dark Templar Statue at home.
PeterHuynh
Profile Joined June 2011
United States151 Posts
February 20 2013 04:22 GMT
#8551
is there anyway to prioritize buildings and units over eachother now with this patch? or in hots in that case?
.
GeekAbaddon
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom29 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-22 16:03:46
February 22 2013 15:05 GMT
#8552
On February 16 2013 02:22 fNacks wrote:
Is it advantageous to use a control group for Warpgates instead of the default 'W' key? I've seen many pros hotkey their Gateways, and I've also seen many that simply use 'W.' Some of my friends rebound 'W' as a control group for Gateways. I can see a control group being advantageous in some ways, but the fear of accidentally adding foreign units/buildings/losing the Gateways from the group always plagues my mind. What is accepted as the best way in today's evolved SC knowledge?


Something that has helped me including all the advice on here specially learning to help macro quicker and react is put my warpgate control on my side buttons on my mouse. Its easier to quick click tap side button and then select what I want, I then have a free hotkey for either robotics or forge for upgrades
Knowledge Is Power, Guard It Well
FireMonkey
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Australia105 Posts
February 23 2013 13:37 GMT
#8553
how do i play protoss air in pvz? should i open stargate after ffe or slowly transition into it and if i do go air how do i hold off attacks like roach pushes/ling run bys. I usually go +2 7 gate blink stalker while building immortal/robo bay in background of attack but i want to try air now so sohuld i do my noraml +2 blink stalker harras and make stargate instead of the robos? if you could, please add replays for me to see.
fuck bitches, get money
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
February 25 2013 13:19 GMT
#8554
Is pylon/forge in the main (PartinG style) a good idea in general for FFE? I've lost to a lot of 8-14 pools trying that. Lings delay the expo and deny my scouting while he drones up and techs (often to mutas).
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
February 25 2013 13:20 GMT
#8555
On February 25 2013 22:19 Salient wrote:
Is pylon/forge in the main (PartinG style) a good idea in general for FFE? I've lost to a lot of 8-14 pools trying that. Lings delay the expo and deny my scouting while he drones up and techs (often to mutas).


Pylon forge in main is good on maps with small natural chokes especially. It's funny because it's supposed to keep you safe from early pools...
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 25 2013 13:33 GMT
#8556
From the PvZ Guide:

Advantages of Forge in Main:

You won’t have to give up your first Pylon or Forge against a 6 pool on any map; normally this is only possible on easily walled naturals like Shakuras Plateau and Ohana.
You can hide the progress of your upgrades, especially your +1, which leaves Zerg more in the dark about what you’re doing.
It’ll be much harder to snipe the Forge if it’s in the back of your main. The usual front Forge, on the other hand, is a common target for Zerg players.


Disadvantages of Forge in Main:

You’re weaker against Pools between but not including 6 Pool and 14 Pool. Against these unusual Pool timings, you won’t be able to secure your natural with a cannon.
Without the Forge at your front, you’ll have a tougher time walling off, allowing for more easy early run-bys from the Zerg. This is less of an issue on maps with smaller chokes.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
xokati
Profile Joined February 2013
Poland33 Posts
February 25 2013 13:49 GMT
#8557

PvT: MARINE + VIKING PRESSURE

I face some serious problem with strong pressure of marines at start and then join vikings in play.

Im closed in my base to be able to defend in choke point and not able to make any pressure on enemy. Im barerly able to defend.

My micro sux in this gameplay anyway at moment when marines + vikins are comming i win battle but i lost game. All collosi are dead, im not able to refill fast army and my enemy is losing only cheap marines. Viking mass is critical and only storms may help with that but i dont have gas to build all this stuff. I lack of upgrades but im not able to take advantage since there is 0/0 in upgrades.

league: gold vs plat

replay: http://drop.sc/30705
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 14:16:29
February 25 2013 14:11 GMT
#8558
On February 25 2013 22:33 Teoita wrote:
From the PvZ Guide:

Advantages of Forge in Main:

You won’t have to give up your first Pylon or Forge against a 6 pool on any map; normally this is only possible on easily walled naturals like Shakuras Plateau and Ohana.
You can hide the progress of your upgrades, especially your +1, which leaves Zerg more in the dark about what you’re doing.
It’ll be much harder to snipe the Forge if it’s in the back of your main. The usual front Forge, on the other hand, is a common target for Zerg players.


Disadvantages of Forge in Main:

You’re weaker against Pools between but not including 6 Pool and 14 Pool. Against these unusual Pool timings, you won’t be able to secure your natural with a cannon.
Without the Forge at your front, you’ll have a tougher time walling off, allowing for more easy early run-bys from the Zerg. This is less of an issue on maps with smaller chokes.


I get that. But, I have no information about his pool timing when I place the pylon. Do you recommend placing it in the main or natural when opening FFE?
SyrenSC2
Profile Joined February 2013
1 Post
February 25 2013 14:54 GMT
#8559
On February 25 2013 23:11 Salient wrote:
I get that. But, I have no information about his pool timing when I place the pylon. Do you recommend placing it in the main or natural when opening FFE?


It really depends on you I suppose. Pylon at natural is a bit more risky but you can get the forge down earlier, so it's a bit greedier while pylon in main is a bit more defensive.
Usually I will go for pylon in natural (also map dependent) and then after scouting I can choose what to do. If you scout potential aggression (for instance the spawning pool is done when your probe gets there) you can then put a pylon + cannon near your main nexus as well as at the natural. If the pool is not done yet you have time to finish your wall off at natural as usual.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 25 2013 18:25 GMT
#8560
You have to commit to forge in the main/natural blindly. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I personally always 9pylon at my nat, it feels more natural and harder to blind counter.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Prev 1 426 427 428 429 430 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4546
Leta 1783
Shuttle 223
Shine 45
ZergMaN 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm241
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft598
Sick141
Mew2King29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick481
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1422
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Lourlo1085
• Rush661
Other Games
• Shiphtur477
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 13m
Patches Events
9h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 13m
OSC
17h 13m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.