• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7082 users

The Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 430

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 428 429 430 431 432 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
March 04 2013 14:16 GMT
#8581
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401365

OP updated!
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
March 04 2013 17:06 GMT
#8582
Oh it's smexy!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
fNacks
Profile Joined March 2010
United States39 Posts
March 04 2013 17:30 GMT
#8583
When is it safe for Toss to take a third in PvT? It seems like in my games, I either take a third when I scout a third from the Terran, which causes me to get overrun by the Terran's macro (after my third is denied multiple times.) Or I could take a third early, without scouting the Terran's third, and then get overrun by drops. When I try to leave a few stalkers behind to defend drops, the weakened army cannot defend the third, and either it gets denied, or I just straight up lose the game. So when should Toss know it's safe to take a third in PvT?

User was warned for this post
"No worry, I use special tactics." - White-Ra
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
March 04 2013 18:04 GMT
#8584
It's in the OP
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
FireMonkey
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Australia105 Posts
March 07 2013 07:06 GMT
#8585
how do i beat this gay all in? basically i scout his dt rush so he moves it into a chargelot archon 1 base all in and this always happens when i scout dt rush and it always beats me because i dont know what to do...i went for 3 stalker rush 2 gate expand i was planning on blink stalkers but because i saw him all ining i went robo instead for detection because i thought he was dt rushing. He has 2 archons and a crap ton of zealots i cant forcefield because if he has more than half a brain he'd use the archons to crush them. I couldn't catch up on the n zealot count and my immortals would get killed by the zealots. and there's no time to get collosus out either, by the time i would get 1 out my ground army would have been non existant

This isnt the first time i've lost to PvP chargelot archon all in either.


http://drop.sc/309345

PS. I now know why this guy has 1k protoss wins and he's still in plat, because he does all ins like this all the time.

User was warned for this post
fuck bitches, get money
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 08:17:21
March 07 2013 08:17 GMT
#8586
On March 05 2013 03:04 Teoita wrote:
It's in the OP


From now on i'll start reporting people that don't read the OP btw.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Kinon
Profile Joined October 2012
Romania207 Posts
March 07 2013 11:15 GMT
#8587
I started rebinding my hotkeys, and at the moment I don't know what would make a good key for Warpgate (W only shows the active warpgates, seeing the inactive/under construction gates would be great). Any suggestions?
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
March 07 2013 11:18 GMT
#8588
I guess you could rebind a number you don't use like 9 or 0 to w and use that as a control groups; the downside is ofc that you have to remember to add gates to the control group every time you build them.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 11:31:39
March 07 2013 11:27 GMT
#8589
--- Nuked ---
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 12:40:28
March 07 2013 12:33 GMT
#8590
Which 1 gate FE has the best compromise between safety and economy for ladder purposes at Diamond? The MC 1 gate falls behind greedy Terran openers, but a greedy Protoss opening like Nexus First will lose to cheese. It seems like 50 percent of Terrans cheese and 50 percent play greedy at my level. Maybe the Huk 20 food FE is the best compromise now that the maps are bigger than they were at the time it was devised?
probeater
Profile Joined October 2012
124 Posts
March 07 2013 13:22 GMT
#8591
On March 07 2013 20:27 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 20:15 Kinon wrote:
I started rebinding my hotkeys, and at the moment I don't know what would make a good key for Warpgate (W only shows the active warpgates, seeing the inactive/under construction gates would be great). Any suggestions?

I've always had my Nexuses on 4, my Gateways on 5 and my Robotics Facility on 6. By doing this, I can quickly tap 4 to check Probes are being built, tap 5 to check Warpgates aren't off cooldown/Gateways don't need transforming, tap 6 to check the Robotics Facility is building, etc. Doing it this way has always seemed natural to me; I've never used the Warpgate hotkey.

EDIT:

Maybe it is because I played Zerg originally? I don't even think I knew about the Warpgate hotkey until I was already set in my ways =P

what do you set stargate to?
I have a Dark Templar Statue at home.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
March 07 2013 13:30 GMT
#8592
On March 07 2013 21:33 Salient wrote:
Which 1 gate FE has the best compromise between safety and economy for ladder purposes at Diamond? The MC 1 gate falls behind greedy Terran openers, but a greedy Protoss opening like Nexus First will lose to cheese. It seems like 50 percent of Terrans cheese and 50 percent play greedy at my level. Maybe the Huk 20 food FE is the best compromise now that the maps are bigger than they were at the time it was devised?


Try kcdc's variant.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 13:42:03
March 07 2013 13:40 GMT
#8593
--- Nuked ---
Kinon
Profile Joined October 2012
Romania207 Posts
March 09 2013 16:56 GMT
#8594
On March 07 2013 22:40 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 22:22 probeater wrote:
On March 07 2013 20:27 Sated wrote:
On March 07 2013 20:15 Kinon wrote:
I started rebinding my hotkeys, and at the moment I don't know what would make a good key for Warpgate (W only shows the active warpgates, seeing the inactive/under construction gates would be great). Any suggestions?

I've always had my Nexuses on 4, my Gateways on 5 and my Robotics Facility on 6. By doing this, I can quickly tap 4 to check Probes are being built, tap 5 to check Warpgates aren't off cooldown/Gateways don't need transforming, tap 6 to check the Robotics Facility is building, etc. Doing it this way has always seemed natural to me; I've never used the Warpgate hotkey.

EDIT:

Maybe it is because I played Zerg originally? I don't even think I knew about the Warpgate hotkey until I was already set in my ways =P

what do you set stargate to?

7. The only exception is if I go Stargate before Robo; in that case the Stargate will go on 6 until I build a Robo, and then the Stargate will be moved to 7.


How do manage to hit 6/7 comfortably? I have problems with that.

As a side note, are Filtersc's vids good for protoss too? I know he plays terran, but the mechanics are about the same. I got stuck in platinum for thepast 4 months, so I decided to check out some mechanics videos to improve my game.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
March 09 2013 18:21 GMT
#8595
On March 10 2013 01:56 Kinon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 22:40 Sated wrote:
On March 07 2013 22:22 probeater wrote:
On March 07 2013 20:27 Sated wrote:
On March 07 2013 20:15 Kinon wrote:
I started rebinding my hotkeys, and at the moment I don't know what would make a good key for Warpgate (W only shows the active warpgates, seeing the inactive/under construction gates would be great). Any suggestions?

I've always had my Nexuses on 4, my Gateways on 5 and my Robotics Facility on 6. By doing this, I can quickly tap 4 to check Probes are being built, tap 5 to check Warpgates aren't off cooldown/Gateways don't need transforming, tap 6 to check the Robotics Facility is building, etc. Doing it this way has always seemed natural to me; I've never used the Warpgate hotkey.

EDIT:

Maybe it is because I played Zerg originally? I don't even think I knew about the Warpgate hotkey until I was already set in my ways =P

what do you set stargate to?

7. The only exception is if I go Stargate before Robo; in that case the Stargate will go on 6 until I build a Robo, and then the Stargate will be moved to 7.


How do manage to hit 6/7 comfortably? I have problems with that.

As a side note, are Filtersc's vids good for protoss too? I know he plays terran, but the mechanics are about the same. I got stuck in platinum for thepast 4 months, so I decided to check out some mechanics videos to improve my game.


The best way to improve your mechanics is to just work on them. Play a game, check the replay find when you get supply blocked and when you forget probes.

For me (masters) I regularly hit the 26/26 supply block and get inconsistent with probe production once I hit 66/67 probes. Another supply block hits around 9 minutes, or 9:30 pretty often. So I pay verrrry close attention at those times and am slowly improving my supply blocks.

Mechanics is all about practice and knowing your biggest areas of improvement so you can work on them.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
FireMonkey
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Australia105 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-11 00:13:43
March 11 2013 00:09 GMT
#8596
How do i win pvz when they mass spine into mass roach muta? i go for +2 blink stalker every game but they always mass spines and then roach then muta and during my initial +2 blink stalker attack i build up immortals at home to defend the roach counter attack but even then i feel immortals are about as useful as nun's tits because even if i get gsl forcefields he suddenly has mutas popping out and killin my sentries and then beats me, it really makes me want to quit sc2 not because i lose to it but because every zerg these days mass roach and it's pretty annoying even if i do beat it it's just annoying because it's like im insane, just doing same thing over and over...much like PvT...and zerg's not even hard to play either. sorry for the little rant
fuck bitches, get money
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
March 11 2013 00:31 GMT
#8597
On March 11 2013 09:09 FireMonkey wrote:
How do i win pvz when they mass spine into mass roach muta? i go for +2 blink stalker every game but they always mass spines and then roach then muta and during my initial +2 blink stalker attack i build up immortals at home to defend the roach counter attack but even then i feel immortals are about as useful as nun's tits because even if i get gsl forcefields he suddenly has mutas popping out and killin my sentries and then beats me, it really makes me want to quit sc2 not because i lose to it but because every zerg these days mass roach and it's pretty annoying even if i do beat it it's just annoying because it's like im insane, just doing same thing over and over...much like PvT...and zerg's not even hard to play either. sorry for the little rant

The way you describe the game tells me your a low-level play. Probably Gold or less. Am I right? In such a case, I would simply recommend learning a build for each matchup, and executing it to perfection. You are not macroing correctly if you are experiencing he tech switches at those timings in your games.
FireMonkey
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Australia105 Posts
March 11 2013 00:47 GMT
#8598
On March 11 2013 09:31 Gumbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2013 09:09 FireMonkey wrote:
How do i win pvz when they mass spine into mass roach muta? i go for +2 blink stalker every game but they always mass spines and then roach then muta and during my initial +2 blink stalker attack i build up immortals at home to defend the roach counter attack but even then i feel immortals are about as useful as nun's tits because even if i get gsl forcefields he suddenly has mutas popping out and killin my sentries and then beats me, it really makes me want to quit sc2 not because i lose to it but because every zerg these days mass roach and it's pretty annoying even if i do beat it it's just annoying because it's like im insane, just doing same thing over and over...much like PvT...and zerg's not even hard to play either. sorry for the little rant

The way you describe the game tells me your a low-level play. Probably Gold or less. Am I right? In such a case, I would simply recommend learning a build for each matchup, and executing it to perfection. You are not macroing correctly if you are experiencing he tech switches at those timings in your games.


no im platinum i guess i exaggerated in the post. He went standard 3 hatch before gas but i think he was a smurf because by 10 mins all his injecting queens only had about 6 spare energy each. but i just went over the replay again and i think the main problem that cost the game was i was supply blocked at 52 for atleast 1 min so i think that was what cost the game....disregard my rage from before..i missed that when i first watched replay
fuck bitches, get money
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-11 09:14:21
March 11 2013 08:59 GMT
#8599
Is there a guide/build for DT openings vs Terran? More specifically some kind of 1 gate expand with quick double gas and fast twilight council + warp prism and Dark Shrine, I think I saw HerO open that way a few times but never found replays. The other one I was interested in is a 1 base DT expand with hallucination to warp in the main but with high ground warpin gone in HotS it's probably useless to ask for that now.
I've just recently started executing builds and not thinking through everything on the fly. So I've just been randomly opening DT sometimes with decent success, but no real high level games. Mostly I just insta win because people are bad in diamond or I get countered because I didn't do a proper build.

Oh and the most standard of all, single forge Colossus? I tried googling it and looked around but didn't really find anything.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
March 11 2013 09:11 GMT
#8600
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 428 429 430 431 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4546
Leta 1783
Shuttle 223
Shine 45
ZergMaN 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm241
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft598
Sick141
Mew2King29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick481
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1422
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Lourlo1085
• Rush661
Other Games
• Shiphtur477
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 13m
Patches Events
9h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 13m
OSC
17h 13m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.