• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8182 users

[G] Doc's Somewhat Definitive Guide to TvZ - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
The.Doctor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada333 Posts
July 07 2011 22:32 GMT
#61
On July 08 2011 07:07 iAmJeffReY wrote:
Show nested quote +
Sure. For the cost of 5-6 tanks you get it all up, the ghosts, the 2 academies, cloak and the nukes. And if you wanna get 6 tanks out in that time you need to get all the ghosts and nukes up, you'd need a second factory. Defensively 12 tanks are not much better than 6 behind a wall. And offensively they are not faster as well.

First off, stop and never try to try this. 12 tanks over 6 is life and death against zerg ground. Ghosts and nukes have no place until infestors/tier3 and a stalemate, respectively. And yes, 12 tanks over 6 is a LOT faster. You can 2-4 tank hop at a time, and still have 8-10 tanks sieged. 6 you can only do 1-2 at a time.


Dude this 2 fac close position. I tried it on shakuras, and on XNC following a 11/12 rax (I'm almost 1.7k master, but a habitual 1-1-1'er in every MU) and even tho I suck with 2 raxing, that tank follow up is a 100% safe IMO to any cheese all in against my FE. The push? Insane how hard it hits lol

Dude even did a fast lair + speed banes into mass muta. Easy peasy take out his third, and push his nat hard as he hits me with mutas. Makes it 1 base zerg vs 2 base terran, just gotta survive muta play. I feel the damage if you control and hop well is like... definite taking out an army/base,.


Nice. This is the 2fact siege tank push you're talking about yeah? It really relies on you doing a lot of damage as you get late stim, late combat, late medivacs and late attack upgrades so you need to do a lot of damage. The thing is, close positions, you can get a good siege on them before they have mutas out and then turret up as you contain them. Longer maps, if they can get mutas out, you are going to be in a lot of trouble.
The Boss.
minimalistic
Profile Joined August 2010
Hungary157 Posts
July 07 2011 23:14 GMT
#62
+ Show Spoiler +
Your SCV scouts gas and drones pulling out after 100 gas (DRG v sCfOu style). Z is going to get speed and hatch. They'll have a weaker mineral income because of this. You need to be back in your main at about 5 minutes but any drone kills you get at this stage are HUGE. If you kill 5+ drones, do a tank + stim push transition. It's safe if Z feels they got too behind and all in, feel they need to get back by taking fast 3rd or if they try to drone up too hard and overcompensate.



I dont get this. You say that zerg will get speed and hatch. You mean a 3rd hatch early or are you talking about the natural hatch?
"A baby Gracken dies every time you use Ghost + Mech" -unknown chat user
The.Doctor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada333 Posts
July 07 2011 23:21 GMT
#63
On July 08 2011 08:14 minimalistic wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Your SCV scouts gas and drones pulling out after 100 gas (DRG v sCfOu style). Z is going to get speed and hatch. They'll have a weaker mineral income because of this. You need to be back in your main at about 5 minutes but any drone kills you get at this stage are HUGE. If you kill 5+ drones, do a tank + stim push transition. It's safe if Z feels they got too behind and all in, feel they need to get back by taking fast 3rd or if they try to drone up too hard and overcompensate.



I dont get this. You say that zerg will get speed and hatch. You mean a 3rd hatch early or are you talking about the natural hatch?


Er sorry, I meant natural hatch. I can see how you might have read 3rd hatch. I'll fix it.
The Boss.
DruidzHistory
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden231 Posts
July 07 2011 23:33 GMT
#64
Noooooo!!! You revealed all the builds i've been using on the ladder haha

Great guide though!
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
July 07 2011 23:42 GMT
#65
Is the OP bunker rush really OP? Has it been used by any pro-gamers?
I'm Quotable (IQ)
EliteReplay
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Dominican Republic913 Posts
July 07 2011 23:47 GMT
#66
Impresive guide, im not terran but i can show this to some friends, i would be glad if some day i see a guide like this for Protoss.
if play random i can't call any race imba?
The.Doctor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada333 Posts
July 08 2011 00:15 GMT
#67
On July 08 2011 08:42 archonOOid wrote:
Is the OP bunker rush really OP? Has it been used by any pro-gamers?


Well, pros don't play in close positions but I bet they'd use it if they could. There are similar things you can do on xel and on crossfire where you can place a marine next to a wall and use a bunker to wall the marine off. Pros do those bunker placements and I'm sure they'd do this if they played close positions metal.
The Boss.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
July 08 2011 00:43 GMT
#68
On July 08 2011 09:15 The.Doctor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 08:42 archonOOid wrote:
Is the OP bunker rush really OP? Has it been used by any pro-gamers?


Well, pros don't play in close positions but I bet they'd use it if they could. There are similar things you can do on xel and on crossfire where you can place a marine next to a wall and use a bunker to wall the marine off. Pros do those bunker placements and I'm sure they'd do this if they played close positions metal.

Watch pros stream ladder. Not directed at you, just off what you said -- they bunker rush close position all the times whenever I watch. 11/12 rax or 12/13 is what I see, and do the bunker block or bunker hop on expos.

A bunker is not unusual to get up if you space it back and build next closer. I see a lot of people doing that now to enforce a lot of early lings so you regain econ lead.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
xTrim
Profile Joined April 2011
472 Posts
July 08 2011 00:53 GMT
#69
loved the metal trick ahhaahah
Ascendance
Profile Joined March 2011
United States57 Posts
July 08 2011 01:23 GMT
#70
very comprehensive
Bunker rushing <3
liam33
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada192 Posts
July 08 2011 01:34 GMT
#71
crazy good so well done great guide
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
July 08 2011 01:47 GMT
#72
great write-up! I gotta practice doing more focus-firing ^^
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
Kelmqtlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States91 Posts
July 08 2011 02:02 GMT
#73
Wow thank you very much for this post. TvZ is definitely something I've struggled with as I've been learning, hopefully this can help me break my plateau and get Diamond
L'est en faisant n'importe quoi, qu'on devient n'importe qui.
Phyxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark681 Posts
July 08 2011 03:44 GMT
#74
Wow, thank you so much! I have just started playing 1v1s again after a long school break, and I have been looking for some TvZ guidance lately, but this guide seems to cover everything!
Trollhammer
Profile Joined February 2011
Singapore94 Posts
July 08 2011 03:57 GMT
#75
Very comphrehensive guide, much appreciated. I play terran on and off (zerg is my main race) but one problem I have as T is that I'm usually too afraid of a zerg counter attack if I push out. Is there any way to defend/deny a zerg counter attack (ling runby, mutas in my base etc.) while I push, or does the game just degrade into a base trade in that scenario?
After spider mines were all executed as traitors, someone strapped a firebat to a vulture and called it a hellion. - Ribbon
Fr33t
Profile Joined June 2008
United States1128 Posts
July 08 2011 05:09 GMT
#76
You are AWESOME! TvZ has basically made me quit SC2 the past 2 or so weeks and you really covered all the bases with this guide. Excellent, excellent work!
"Wow you could literally transport Lomo's face to a girl and the result would be pretty deceptive."
awakenx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States341 Posts
July 08 2011 05:17 GMT
#77
So... is there any method to deal with burrowed banelings or must I always get a raven in fear of this crap thats made me lose like 15 games?

Awesome guide, btw, I was going to switch to zerg because of the new season, then I saw this guide.
WorstMicroNA
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
July 08 2011 05:43 GMT
#78
Wow what a great guide. I'll definitely watch you if I see that you're streaming. Thanks for the guide
TL+ Member
1nMack1
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada88 Posts
July 08 2011 06:02 GMT
#79
wow did not know about the tanks vs banelings...
The.Doctor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada333 Posts
July 08 2011 06:33 GMT
#80
On July 08 2011 14:17 deathtrance wrote:
So... is there any method to deal with burrowed banelings or must I always get a raven in fear of this crap thats made me lose like 15 games?

Awesome guide, btw, I was going to switch to zerg because of the new season, then I saw this guide.


I prefer scanning rather than using a raven.

You need to be able to see the Z army from far away and a Raven can't serve that purpose as it would just get picked off by mutas and replacing it is annoying. Baneling bombs aren't that popular on the ladder maps from what I've experienced but more so on say crossfire where it's very easy to lay and get a T army clumped up and predict which way T is going. I might get a raven when I play on that map. Gas is quite important to Terran (believe it or not). You want that tank and medivac production up all game along with your upgrades. Z shouldn't have too many banes around the map if you have proper map presence and typically you'll only need to scan once or twice when pushing. Yes it makes sense to use a raven but as per the current metagame, I think scans are better ATM.
The Boss.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 152
NeuroSwarm 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11010
Rain 1947
Artosis 564
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox596
Mew2King232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1059
Other Games
summit1g9555
Day[9].tv677
shahzam607
JimRising 502
C9.Mang0228
PiGStarcraft224
ArmadaUGS62
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv677
• Scarra571
• Shiphtur187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 38m
OSC
21h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.