• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:43
CEST 17:43
KST 00:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9399 users

[G][L] TvX: How to make a low SD/Rax ramp wall - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
PJFrylar
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 23:21:00
April 19 2011 23:20 GMT
#41
Oops hit quote instead of edit.
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
April 20 2011 00:08 GMT
#42
On April 20 2011 07:46 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 07:13 monitor wrote:
Cool! I wonder if its possible to wall with a evo chamber and a spine crawler...

Iirc, since evo chamber is 3x3 and spine crawler is 2x2 I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Crawlers don't block the full 2x2, so all early game units except roaches and stalkers will be able to pass. Any other building will make a full wall, the crawlers are the only exceptions.
I'll call Nada.
michaelhasanalias
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)1231 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-20 02:22:22
April 20 2011 02:21 GMT
#43
edited OP to add a funny replay of me losing 2 SCVs to worker harass while low ramp walling with 10depot 11rax


Also, if you feel you can add some high level commentary on the advantages/disadvantages of walling, I'd be happy to include it in the OP. Terran is not my main race 1v1.
KR NsPMichael.805 | AM Michael.2640 | SEA Michael.523 | 엔에스피 New Star Players
sylace
Profile Joined November 2010
United States18 Posts
April 20 2011 02:41 GMT
#44
Great post OP. The comment about the concave makes it very easy to remember. Thanks!
duartesito
Profile Joined March 2010
Dominican Republic32 Posts
April 20 2011 02:54 GMT
#45
Was not aware of this. Thanks OP for this (especially since Terran is not your main race).
Im just out buying soy souce
D_K_night
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada615 Posts
May 18 2011 18:09 GMT
#46
great post, this emphasizes how much I need to practice stutter-step. I have a question.

I know this is slower, but here's what I typically do:

(this is above the ramp)

10 depot
11 rax
11 depot <- I am feverishly hitting the depot hotkey with the scv positioned nearby as minerals aren't flowed in immediately after the 11 rax

I did not know that walling below the ramp was feasible, ergo the above strange wall. Then I would start rax further way from the wall.

The idea behind the above is to deny scouting completely as I really don't want them to see what I'm doing. I don't know if - when they see the above - would they react the same way as seeing a depot + rax on the low ground.

I'm guessing their mental response would be, I'm trying to hide tech, or why wall off like that?
Canada
rogzardo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
610 Posts
May 18 2011 18:26 GMT
#47
On May 19 2011 03:09 D_K_night wrote:
great post, this emphasizes how much I need to practice stutter-step. I have a question.

I know this is slower, but here's what I typically do:

(this is above the ramp)

10 depot
11 rax
11 depot <- I am feverishly hitting the depot hotkey with the scv positioned nearby as minerals aren't flowed in immediately after the 11 rax

I did not know that walling below the ramp was feasible, ergo the above strange wall. Then I would start rax further way from the wall.

The idea behind the above is to deny scouting completely as I really don't want them to see what I'm doing. I don't know if - when they see the above - would they react the same way as seeing a depot + rax on the low ground.

I'm guessing their mental response would be, I'm trying to hide tech, or why wall off like that?


Putting a second depot down at 11 will hurt your economy significantly. Even though cutting 1-2 workers doesn't seem like a big deal, that early in the game it will put you behind. Especially because it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to deny a really early scout.

My 2 cents would be to not do that.
michaelhasanalias
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)1231 Posts
May 21 2011 11:49 GMT
#48
On May 19 2011 03:09 D_K_night wrote:
great post, this emphasizes how much I need to practice stutter-step. I have a question.

I know this is slower, but here's what I typically do:

(this is above the ramp)

10 depot
11 rax
11 depot <- I am feverishly hitting the depot hotkey with the scv positioned nearby as minerals aren't flowed in immediately after the 11 rax

I did not know that walling below the ramp was feasible, ergo the above strange wall. Then I would start rax further way from the wall.

The idea behind the above is to deny scouting completely as I really don't want them to see what I'm doing. I don't know if - when they see the above - would they react the same way as seeing a depot + rax on the low ground.

I'm guessing their mental response would be, I'm trying to hide tech, or why wall off like that?


It would be, but now that the example vid posted in this thread has become the ladder cheese flavor of the week, everyone is going to assume it's a 3-rax all-in.

I personally think a 2-port would be very strong, and on at least XNC, there is a cheese proof (at least everything I could think to throw at it and I love to cheese) TvZ 1-rax FE that looks exactly like this in its opening. Griffith came up with it but I don't know if he ever posted it.
KR NsPMichael.805 | AM Michael.2640 | SEA Michael.523 | 엔에스피 New Star Players
SKaysc
Profile Joined May 2010
United States305 Posts
July 12 2011 21:34 GMT
#49
cheer big help for the non master nubs like me ^^
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
July 15 2011 03:18 GMT
#50
The poster of this infortmation is incredibly handsome. Thank you !
♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
Zilong67
Profile Joined July 2011
France12 Posts
August 15 2011 05:21 GMT
#51
Does it still works? (I mean I think one patch nerfed it)
michaelhasanalias
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)1231 Posts
August 15 2011 06:33 GMT
#52
On August 15 2011 14:21 Zilong67 wrote:
Does it still works? (I mean I think one patch nerfed it)



That was for 2x2 wall, this is 2 and 3
KR NsPMichael.805 | AM Michael.2640 | SEA Michael.523 | 엔에스피 New Star Players
IamNatural
Profile Joined November 2011
64 Posts
June 07 2012 02:00 GMT
#53
Thanks, I didn't know how to do this, after watching Halby's 3 rax all in video on youtube, I tried the 3rax on ladder but got scouted b/c i didn't wall off properly. Hopefully by bumping this thread, someone else who had the same problem see's the thread.
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
June 07 2012 07:25 GMT
#54
On June 07 2012 11:00 IamNatural wrote:
Thanks, I didn't know how to do this, after watching Halby's 3 rax all in video on youtube, I tried the 3rax on ladder but got scouted b/c i didn't wall off properly. Hopefully by bumping this thread, someone else who had the same problem see's the thread.


Was it really necessary to bump just for that?
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
eusoc
Profile Joined November 2011
Italy82 Posts
June 07 2012 14:01 GMT
#55
I want to use that wall only if going crazy scv-marine allin or 1rax FE as any 1base allin involving ranged units or banelings is a free loss for u
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-08 06:49:23
June 08 2012 06:48 GMT
#56
On June 07 2012 23:01 eusoc wrote:
I want to use that wall only if going crazy scv-marine allin or 1rax FE as any 1base allin involving ranged units or banelings is a free loss for u

You can bunker the low ground since most maps have really small, or at least kinda small natural chokes now.
Against a Baneling Bust, you can build buildings on top as well as on the bottom, forcing the Zerg to bust through two rows of buildings.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 459
SteadfastSC414
Rex116
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech132
Rex 116
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42527
Jaedong 1325
Hyuk 1121
Mini 631
Soma 611
Horang2 565
EffOrt 506
BeSt 469
Larva 393
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 290
Last 226
Stork 224
Snow 210
ggaemo 209
Rush 192
hero 76
Mind 74
Liquid`Ret 46
Sharp 39
Killer 36
Shinee 35
Free 32
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 25
Terrorterran 24
sorry 20
Trap 18
HiyA 16
Rock 15
yabsab 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2463
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE84
Mew2King78
Trikslyr27
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2671
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade757
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 17m
OSC
21h 17m
Stellar Fest
21h 17m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.