• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:40
CEST 16:40
KST 23:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6762 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 38

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 900 Next
Aequos
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada606 Posts
March 08 2011 20:02 GMT
#741
On March 09 2011 04:51 zhengsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 04:45 infinity21 wrote:
On March 09 2011 04:32 zhengsta wrote:
why do pros kill the statue on metal?

So vr can't charge up on it and attack your ramp.

what about in tvz?


If they're Zerg, it gives them more room to maneuver.

If they're Terran, they're annoyed at something and venting some rage (same reason people attack critters)
I first realized Immortals were reincarnated Dragoons when I saw them dancing helplessly behind my Stalkers.
deathly rat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom911 Posts
March 08 2011 20:33 GMT
#742
On March 09 2011 03:08 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 02:46 xixecal wrote:
4. Where's "the money spot" for FFs?


4. What? FF placement is highly dependent on both your army comp and your opponent's army comp.


Day9 refers to the FF "money spot" as the place you can put a forcefeild on your ramp which denys vision into your base and therefore ability to warp in/blink over the FF. This is obviously on your ramp, but right at the bottom.
No logo (logo)
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
March 08 2011 20:51 GMT
#743
My Q:

I accidently stop all my workers from mining, is there a way to make them keep mining or I need to press on mineral patch?
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
JabbaDaButt
Profile Joined December 2010
United States77 Posts
March 08 2011 20:54 GMT
#744
I accidently stop all my workers from mining, is there a way to make them keep mining or I need to press on mineral patch?


You'll have to click on a mineral patch, that's what you get for apm spamming in the beginning. Happens to me way too often as well
"Marines, the counter to Banelings." -IdrA
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 08 2011 21:11 GMT
#745
On March 09 2011 05:51 Alpina wrote:
My Q:

I accidently stop all my workers from mining, is there a way to make them keep mining or I need to press on mineral patch?

No but right after you tell them to mine again, you should hit c so all the workers with a mineral patch in hand can return cargo asap.
Official Entusman #21
leegriff
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1 Post
March 08 2011 21:30 GMT
#746
Q: Other than setting all of my Queens on one hotkey and then clicking the minimap to inject, or setting them to separate hotkeys and manually going to each base, what other inject methods are there? Liquipedia gives one other example but I don't think it explains it very well.
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
March 08 2011 21:58 GMT
#747
On March 09 2011 05:02 Aequos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 04:51 zhengsta wrote:
On March 09 2011 04:45 infinity21 wrote:
On March 09 2011 04:32 zhengsta wrote:
why do pros kill the statue on metal?

So vr can't charge up on it and attack your ramp.

what about in tvz?


If they're Zerg, it gives them more room to maneuver.

If they're Terran, they're annoyed at something and venting some rage (same reason people attack critters)


The base of the building remains and is still unpathable.
I'll call Nada.
deathly rat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom911 Posts
March 08 2011 22:23 GMT
#748
On March 09 2011 06:30 leegriff wrote:
Q: Other than setting all of my Queens on one hotkey and then clicking the minimap to inject, or setting them to separate hotkeys and manually going to each base, what other inject methods are there? Liquipedia gives one other example but I don't think it explains it very well.


On March 08 2011 22:31 deathly rat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 18:04 orionboss wrote:
I have a question about hotkeys with zerg.
How do most people set up there queen and hatchery hotkeys?

I have been setting each of my hatcheries to a different hotkey, and cycle through them to click on the queen near by and inject.

I know this is incorrect, but what should i do differently?


Many people hot key each queen, so you then double tap each queen hot key and press V and click on the near by hatch.

I just started playing Zerg and I find this (click link) to be a good way to inject. I mapped [backspace] to [\] to make it easier.


No logo (logo)
Hellhammer
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada144 Posts
March 09 2011 01:00 GMT
#749
Hey. So I added a friend on my one account, a long time ago. But I want to add the same friend on my other account, except I don't know his Identifier..

How do you find out the ID so I can add him?

I don't want to sit on my other account and chance that he will log in so I can ask him.

Edit: I know his profile info on sc2ranks.com and on here. Still doesn't show me any ID #

Please do not tell me that I have to click on his name to add...
If Jesus comes, kill him again.
asdfjh
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada230 Posts
March 09 2011 01:09 GMT
#750
On March 09 2011 10:00 Hellhammer wrote:
Hey. So I added a friend on my one account, a long time ago. But I want to add the same friend on my other account, except I don't know his Identifier..

How do you find out the ID so I can add him?

I don't want to sit on my other account and chance that he will log in so I can ask him.

Edit: I know his profile info on sc2ranks.com and on here. Still doesn't show me any ID #

Please do not tell me that I have to click on his name to add...

You can't find out without asking him. They removed that feature a while back because pros were being harassed by random people.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
March 09 2011 01:19 GMT
#751
Is 4 gating still this all-in cheesy tactic to people?

I just started playing P, and I 4 gate. I dont go all in, I dont dedicate myself to it, but I 4 gate push. That's how I get my pressure, since I prefer that over a robo build. It's delayed because I want a good economy and over saturated base so I can expand as I push.

Is this still looked down on, or is the "4 gate syndrome" exclusive to all-inish ones?
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
March 09 2011 01:23 GMT
#752
On March 09 2011 10:19 Fruscainte wrote:
Is 4 gating still this all-in cheesy tactic to people?

I just started playing P, and I 4 gate. I dont go all in, I dont dedicate myself to it, but I 4 gate push. That's how I get my pressure, since I prefer that over a robo build. It's delayed because I want a good economy and over saturated base so I can expand as I push.

Is this still looked down on, or is the "4 gate syndrome" exclusive to all-inish ones?


There are different versions of it... just because you build 4 gateways doesn't mean you're doing a 4gate all-in. If you're doing the all-in version, cutting probes at 22, then yes, it's kind of cheesy... but now that people have seen it so many times it's not likely to win you as many games unless you're doing it in response to scouting a weakness.

However, unless you're doing the all-in version, you're likely to be behind.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
March 09 2011 01:38 GMT
#753
On March 08 2011 15:51 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 15:42 bankai wrote:
As protoss, what are some ways to increase map awareness and sight?? For zerg for example, they can create overlord highways and leave zerglings everywere, but protoss units are not so mobile or cheap. Only unit i can think of is observers but these are quite expensive if u gotta build lots to spread around the map??


Build pylons around the map.


1) When is a good time to start building pylons aroudn the map then?? I imagine that spending money on them early on is detrimental and slows ur opening build.

Do you actually rely on them to provide supply (cos if u do, then wont u be supply blocked when opponent roams around the map killing them on the way)??

2) (Random question) Approx when is a good time (e.g. game time or supply limit) to expand to a 3rd?? I know it depends on the game etc...just wanna get an idea.

3) When should I consicously stop building probes?? When is it "too much"?

maltyyyy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4 Posts
March 09 2011 01:43 GMT
#754
Do reapers benefit from stim?
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
Aequos
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada606 Posts
March 09 2011 01:53 GMT
#755
On March 09 2011 10:43 maltyyyy wrote:
Do reapers benefit from stim?


Reapers cannot stim.
I first realized Immortals were reincarnated Dragoons when I saw them dancing helplessly behind my Stalkers.
deathly rat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom911 Posts
March 09 2011 03:03 GMT
#756
On March 09 2011 10:38 bankai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 15:51 Anihc wrote:
On March 08 2011 15:42 bankai wrote:
As protoss, what are some ways to increase map awareness and sight?? For zerg for example, they can create overlord highways and leave zerglings everywere, but protoss units are not so mobile or cheap. Only unit i can think of is observers but these are quite expensive if u gotta build lots to spread around the map??


Build pylons around the map.


1) When is a good time to start building pylons aroudn the map then?? I imagine that spending money on them early on is detrimental and slows ur opening build.

Do you actually rely on them to provide supply (cos if u do, then wont u be supply blocked when opponent roams around the map killing them on the way)??

2) (Random question) Approx when is a good time (e.g. game time or supply limit) to expand to a 3rd?? I know it depends on the game etc...just wanna get an idea.

3) When should I consicously stop building probes?? When is it "too much"?



1) The premise of your question is wrong. You cannot ever see the whole map, however you might want to make a pylon at a specific point like for example at your opponents 3rd. Building 1 or 2 observers will give you plenty of information.
2) no idea
3) I think people say 60-70 is good since this leaves you 130-140 supply for your army.
No logo (logo)
orionboss
Profile Joined March 2011
United States45 Posts
March 09 2011 03:23 GMT
#757
Thanks for the help deathly rat and ZeroTalent
spawn more overlords
jimbob615
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Uruguay455 Posts
March 09 2011 05:57 GMT
#758
Sorry to trouble you with these questions, just wondering:

1) In general, as a rule of thumb, in a 1v1 or a 2v2 if i get units past their initial defense at around the 8:00 mark, should i take out their expos or go for their main?

2) If i'm going mostly marauders, should i upgrade their attack or armour?

3) As a terran how do you counter mass thors most effficiently)

4) What's the most efficient way to take care of buried banelings?

Thanks very much
valheru
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia966 Posts
March 09 2011 06:20 GMT
#759
On March 09 2011 14:57 jimbob615 wrote:
Sorry to trouble you with these questions, just wondering:

1) In general, as a rule of thumb, in a 1v1 or a 2v2 if i get units past their initial defense at around the 8:00 mark, should i take out their expos or go for their main?

2) If i'm going mostly marauders, should i upgrade their attack or armour?

3) As a terran how do you counter mass thors most effficiently)

4) What's the most efficient way to take care of buried banelings?

Thanks very much


1) Expo more likely to be garunteed damage, go for workers and depots
2) Highly situational depends on what/how your fighting probs weapons though since stim bypasses armour
3) Marauders or take the map or BCs or Tanks
4)
T build a raven or scan at key points
P You should always have an obs with your army
Z Seer it has contaminate or mostly roach army
I reject your reality and substitute my own
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
March 09 2011 12:40 GMT
#760
may I know if theres website that has sc2 1v1 replays?? high level players are preferred,thanks.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 931
WardiTV853
OGKoka 263
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 263
ProTech156
Rex 141
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2840
Shuttle 1733
EffOrt 845
BeSt 695
Light 390
Mini 337
firebathero 314
Stork 276
ZerO 268
ggaemo 257
[ Show more ]
Rush 179
Barracks 111
Zeus 85
Sea.KH 70
Shine 65
Killer 61
sorry 44
Hyun 40
Mong 34
Yoon 33
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 27
Shinee 27
Bale 24
Terrorterran 21
soO 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 13
yabsab 10
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dewaltoss 1
Dota 2
qojqva4079
Dendi1861
BananaSlamJamma388
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes540
Other Games
singsing2298
hiko1074
B2W.Neo883
Liquid`RaSZi555
Lowko354
Pyrionflax223
Sick213
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream540
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2262
• Nemesis1867
• TFBlade518
Other Games
• WagamamaTV281
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.