• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:29
CEST 06:29
KST 13:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10357 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 252

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 900 Next
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
July 08 2011 08:50 GMT
#5021
I'd like to know if anyone has a question regarding ladder.
I know that season 2 is locked and that you can't get promoted/demoted out of leagues except if you are doing placement matches.

So my question is:
shouldn't bonus pool points be stopped accumulating?

I had 60 bonus pool points last night before I went to sleep and when I looked on my bnet profile I had 67 bonus pool points.
Last ladder game is roughly 8 hours ago.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
rfoster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1005 Posts
July 08 2011 09:07 GMT
#5022
Can you triple barrack wall on Taldarim Altar LE? I have tried it over and over and I cant get it to work without a small hole
TopPower
Profile Joined September 2010
United States32 Posts
July 08 2011 10:36 GMT
#5023
I have heard casters say "banelings connect?", so what is it? How do I do it?

(I play Terran, but I do want to know how to connect banelings?)
'bout time we kick this revolution into overdrive
waffleduck
Profile Joined August 2010
125 Posts
July 08 2011 10:42 GMT
#5024
They just mean the banelings connected to their target, not actually connect to each other.

Do the wins for portraits have to be all in one season or do the wins from previous seasons count?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 08 2011 11:02 GMT
#5025
On July 08 2011 18:07 gogatorsfoster wrote:
Can you triple barrack wall on Taldarim Altar LE? I have tried it over and over and I cant get it to work without a small hole

For whatever reason, blizzard's version of Tal'darim has a wider choke than the original version. This is why you may see 3 3x3 buildings wall off in tounament matches but you can't do it on ladder.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
rfoster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1005 Posts
July 08 2011 11:17 GMT
#5026
On July 08 2011 20:02 Soluhwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 18:07 gogatorsfoster wrote:
Can you triple barrack wall on Taldarim Altar LE? I have tried it over and over and I cant get it to work without a small hole

For whatever reason, blizzard's version of Tal'darim has a wider choke than the original version. This is why you may see 3 3x3 buildings wall off in tounament matches but you can't do it on ladder.


Thanks for letting me know, this has been giving me headaches since they put the map on the ladder
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
July 08 2011 11:30 GMT
#5027
--- Nuked ---
FlaminGinjaNinja
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom879 Posts
July 08 2011 11:31 GMT
#5028
On July 08 2011 19:42 waffleduck wrote:
They just mean the banelings connected to their target, not actually connect to each other.

Do the wins for portraits have to be all in one season or do the wins from previous seasons count?


Wins from previous seasons count.

Go to your profile, click quick match at the bottom and then choose solo/ team and what race you play to see your progress and how long until your next portrait
GinjaNinja.661 EU I'd like to thank my sh*t keyyboard for always messing up my 'Y's
FlaminGinjaNinja
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom879 Posts
July 08 2011 11:33 GMT
#5029
On July 08 2011 20:30 Sated wrote:
If you're going for a 3gate expand against Terran, when should you put down the robotics bay? I mean, you can't scout if the Terran is getting 2gas for Banshees as marines kill the probe before that, so all you know is that the Terran has 1gas and could be doing ??? so I assume you need to get an observer kinda early if you're doing this? Or is it better to just gas steal?


You might want to get hallucinate for scouting as it's a risk free way of scouting. If you see 2 gas then get a robo before expo, otherwise expo > robo > forge
GinjaNinja.661 EU I'd like to thank my sh*t keyyboard for always messing up my 'Y's
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
July 08 2011 11:49 GMT
#5030
--- Nuked ---
deathly rat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom911 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 14:02:00
July 08 2011 14:01 GMT
#5031
On July 08 2011 20:49 Sated wrote:
Is it possible to get out hallucination and then get out a robo if they're going for Cloakshees? I just find that whenever a Terran does go Cloakshees against this expand-style, I end up getting destroyed... so I'm really weary about them.


If you're forge expanding why don't you use cannons for detection?

I guess your question is if you can get a robo and make an observer in time after you scout cloaked banshee from an hallcination. The answer is no you can't.
No logo (logo)
Catchafire2000
Profile Joined August 2010
United States227 Posts
July 08 2011 14:45 GMT
#5032
what is the BO for a perfect 4 gate in pvp?
jabooty
starcranium
Profile Joined March 2011
United States14 Posts
July 08 2011 15:32 GMT
#5033
I have two questions.
In TvT, recently i have run into many people who are going for 1 base pushes. As I do a fast banshee opening, I am very weak to these, and even though I scout them I lose. What is the proper response to a 1 base tank push with a viking or medivac and 1 base 3/4 rax build?
In TvP, I like to play a mass upgrade style getting double engineering bays after my first 3 barracks. For some reason, I have never seen a pro do this. What are the advantages of going straight for a reactor starport instead of getting fast upgrades?
The above is a very rare lurker post.
Ajaco92
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway152 Posts
July 08 2011 15:32 GMT
#5034
On July 08 2011 23:45 Catchafire2000 wrote:
what is the BO for a perfect 4 gate in pvp?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/4_Gate

--

I've been thinking about this lately; when you go templars vs bio terrans, they always want to EMP your templars, right? What about hallucinating a bunch of HT's, send them to an exposed spot, to draw EMP attention?

My question is; have anyone tried this, or seen that this have been done? I think it should work, as very few terrans bring a raven with their army, or scans regulary before an engagement.
What doesnt kill you make your race OP.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
July 08 2011 15:39 GMT
#5035
On July 08 2011 23:45 Catchafire2000 wrote:
what is the BO for a perfect 4 gate in pvp?


2 Chronos on probes, rest on wg. Stay one one gas (standard would be something like 12 gate, 14 gas, 16-17 core).
Go zealot>stalker>3 more gates>second stalker. Cut probes when you have 20 (you should be at 26/26 when you make your second stalker), move out and get a proxy pylon; as soon as your wg is ready warp in at it, make 1-2 pylons next to his ramp so that your next round of units (4 zealots) is warped on the high ground.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 15:42:43
July 08 2011 15:40 GMT
#5036
On July 09 2011 00:32 starcranium wrote:
I have two questions.
In TvT, recently i have run into many people who are going for 1 base pushes. As I do a fast banshee opening, I am very weak to these, and even though I scout them I lose. What is the proper response to a 1 base tank push with a viking or medivac and 1 base 3/4 rax build?
In TvP, I like to play a mass upgrade style getting double engineering bays after my first 3 barracks. For some reason, I have never seen a pro do this. What are the advantages of going straight for a reactor starport instead of getting fast upgrades?


Against a straight up bio push, if you dont have tanks, you just need to spot when he moves out and make bunkers, or just make bunkers in general. If you have bunkers to hold off the attack and his army is away from his base, feel free to send your banshee to earn many righteous scv kills.

Against a tank push, try to engage him in the open field where he doesn't benefit from siege mode. Alternatively, since you get an early starport, kill his viking with one of your own and use it to spot for your tanks. Build your prod facs away from the cliff edge so he cant shoot them with his tanks. If he does get sieged up and you lack tanks and hes containing you, try to engage him indirectly by dropping, cutting off reinforcements, etc until you can break out.

Terran players get a fast medivac because protoss can engage and try to force stims and trade shield damage for units, life damage, or stims from terran to wear him down. Once a medivac is out, Protoss has to be more careful because terran can stim and pick off a few units, the heal, making these pokes dangerous and ineffective for the protoss player while hes on gateway tech.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
July 08 2011 15:48 GMT
#5037
Do the enhanced team colors texture mod is considered legal by Blizzard? Or they can ban me for using it?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216725&currentpage=37
I know that the OP says that Blizzard don't like this but does anyone got banned for using this?
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 16:13:11
July 08 2011 16:12 GMT
#5038
--- Nuked ---
Gbd
Profile Joined July 2011
4 Posts
July 08 2011 16:13 GMT
#5039
From a purely economical standpoint is it better to go 12scv barracks -> fast expand or 11scv barracks -> fast expand as terran?
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
July 08 2011 16:17 GMT
#5040
In the first seconds of the game, should I send SCVs to mineral line first or start SCV production first?
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft404
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2123
sorry 29
910 27
yabsab 18
Bale 17
Terrorterran 14
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1159
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox805
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv463
WinterStarcraft319
C9.Mang0284
Livibee154
Sick131
Maynarde125
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota283
League of Legends
• Stunt353
Other Games
• Day9tv463
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 32m
Stellar Fest
8h 32m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.